Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? (17870 Views)

Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? / Why Do You Go To Church Every Sunday? / Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Chicentt(f): 10:55am On Apr 07
Na die you dey ooo sad
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Vulcan24(m): 10:56am On Apr 07
Probably cos I grew up in the church n bible I know more! Going to Sunday service is not serving God, however u av to plant your kids foot in the church untill they grow up and find their own truth.

I read the Bible and I pray quite often in short practically every morning and I dont go to Sunday service. It irks me to dress up and carry bible and troop to church just like everyone on Sunday.

Now I cherish my private time with God and going to mid week programs if am chanced.

I encourage my wife tj take the kids to church on Sunday though! It's compulsory for them

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Offpoint1: 11:12am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
I mean have you noticed any positive change in your life , like in a difficult situation and you apply your belief and things suddenly changed for the better
I've gotten the clarification, though I knew what you meant.

Your question was coming from the point of wrong religion idealogy passed down unto us.

Let me answer your question in the simplest form I can. Have in mind I'm a realist.

As a realist, I've come to the realization that TIME is everything, time offers all healing and all changes.
When life troubles hits, I firstly ACCEPT reality that troubles are part of life, they're inevitable regardless of one believes. I accept the reality (2 possibilities) that time will bring healing or healing might never come.
Once I accept this reality, I handle life troubles easily and live my best moment without being overshadowed and overwhelmed with the troubles.
The difference when I was religious is... I will pray, and pray, believing God will take control and if the trouble persist, you become mentally stressed and worried and questioned yourself/God. As a realist I don't question myself or God, nor stress.

I want you to look at the 2 scenarios, think over it deeply...

If you're sick, time will be the healing factor, if you have needs, time will be the providing factor.
If you're destined to die tomorrow, no amount of prayers can't change that. If you're meant to be blessed 2026, no amount of prayers will fast forward it to 2024, it will always be at the appropriate designed TIME.

So YES it has helped me to deal with life troubles and live the best of my life being happy instead of worries, knowing fully well I can't change nothing. Prayers are just humans trying to manipulate or blackmail God to fast forward what he has already programmed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by musicwriter(m): 11:12am On Apr 07
joseph1832:
Hmm. I see. So both opinions are simply based on belief, not fact. Hmmm.

Whatever you believe about anything is also a belief.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by joseph1832(m): 11:13am On Apr 07
musicwriter:

Whatever you believe about anything is also a belief.
but belief subjected through research becomes facts.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 11:14am On Apr 07
Offpoint1:

I've gotten the clarification, though I knew what you meant.

Your question was coming from the point of wrong religion idealogy passed down unto us.

Let me answer your question in the simplest form I can. Have in mind I'm a realist.

As a realist, I've come to the realization that TIME is everything, time offers all healing and all changes.
When life troubles hits, I firstly ACCEPT reality that troubles are part of life, they're inevitable regardless of one believes. I accept the reality (2 possibilities) that time will bring healing or healing might never come.
Once I accept this reality, I handle life troubles easily and live my best moment without being overshadowed and overwhelmed with the troubles.
The difference when I was religious is... I will pray, and pray, believing God will take control and if the trouble persist, you become mentally stressed and worried and questioned yourself/God.

I want you to look at the 2 scenarios, think over it deeply...

If you're sick, time will be the healing factor, if you have needs, time will be the providing factor.
If you're destined to die tomorrow, no amount of prayers can't change that. If you're meant to be blessed 2026, no amount of prayers will fast forward it to 2024, it will always be at the appropriate designed TIME.

So YES it has helped me to deal with life troubles and live the best of my life being happy instead of worries, knowing fully well I can't change nothing. Prayers are just humans trying to manipulate or blackmail God to fast forward what he has already programmed.
You are somehow right but I'm telling you boldly now that prayers can move mountains. It all has to do with your faith
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Offpoint1: 11:19am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
You are somehow right but I'm telling you boldly now that prayers can move mountains. It all has to do with your faith
Should we put it into practicality? Prayer can't move a mountain who God didn't programmed to move.

If that mountain was God's will to move tomorrow, no prayers on earth will make it move today. Digest this

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Okhuadams(m): 11:24am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
I used to be a staunch church goer but gradually lost interest and always find one excuse or the other not to attend church service.

I actually lost interest when a certain young pastor was on my neck to date him, so it got to a point I had to stop attending service and ever since I've not been able to pick up.

How do I reawaken the zeal?
your stop going does not affect God but you,the least you can do is to change church
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Tohmey(m): 11:25am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
Sometimes I just encourage myself that since my mom is constantly going and praying for me then I should just relax and save myself some stress 😬
Smiles. . .
That one no follow😂😂😂😁😁😁

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by GodHimself: 11:25am On Apr 07
It’s a good thing to become free from mind controlling environments.

EreluRoz:
I used to be a staunch church goer but gradually lost interest and always find one excuse or the other not to attend church service.

I actually lost interest when a certain young pastor was on my neck to date him, so it got to a point I had to stop attending service and ever since I've not been able to pick up.

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Zenderr: 11:28am On Apr 07
If you have been in her shoes you will understand better. Some people will say you are going to serve God not man. Who is leading the congregation if not the pastor..
Bible said if one eye will lead you to condemnation remove it. It is better to go to heaven with one eye than 2 In hell. WorshipIng your Maker in truth and spirit is not must you will go to church. Rascality in church is too much this days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by alizma: 11:33am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

It's one of the challenging times of Christians. Whoever while this last, ensure you do not disengaged your regular communication(morning and night prayers) with God, over time you will reconnect.
Now on how to reawaken the real, focus more on things your miss about church, such as praise and worship time, that's if you are a church dance lover, the request in the Bible that you should be part of the gathering of the brethren, the prayers you offers every Sunday, committing your weekly activities to God etc.these things will revive in you, the need to be in church. Success

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by drlateef: 11:43am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
Change of branch? The other one is quite very far, the zeal is not even there again.

Sit down and pick Quran to read. You will find the spiritual fulfilment you need in it. Trust me!!!
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Zinpat: 11:43am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

As I pray that the Holy Spirit awakens your zeal, you also have to do your part by taking the decision to rise again even if it means going to another spirit filled church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by bergs2: 11:44am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

Would you also have ditched university education or going to Market if a "certain" lecturer or business man was also on your neck to date him?
Please, let's reconstruct and perish this warped narrative of assuming that the only institution to attack is the church.
NB: there's no perfect church anywhere; stop expecting that.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Dittodat: 11:45am On Apr 07
Your eyes don dey open small small to the business scam called church. grin
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by casppyjay: 11:50am On Apr 07
chiommy123:
I don't really understand maybe I am different cos I don't need any zeal. I just can not stay at home on Sunday morning no matter where I am. Maybe understanding that abstinence from the gathering of the saints is a sin maybe that can help
saints? U are have permanent residence in fools paradise!!!!

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by nedekid: 11:51am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
LoL you need deliverance
Sista, it is that bad my kids will position themselves to sit in both sides to nodge me when I start drooling or snoring. Omo, it is an extreme case of boredom. Same thing happens when I am forced to take them to cinemas. Na heavy snoring as I de do for church de takeover. cool
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by CCIA: 11:53am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

We understand that after what you usually do every friday and saturday night, your conscience didn’t allow you go to church the following morning on sunday. cool

Are you sore today too? cool
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by weslineo: 12:04pm On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

It is the Word that will revive and get you back on your feet.Shalom!

You have simply abandoned The Word not the church.Get back to the word and you will get back to church

What gave birth to you?.Read
1 Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Get back to the word of God.Paul says in :Acts 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Kukutenla: 12:09pm On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
Never been to your kind of night club before, don't do others as well.

So you get it wrong
Make your way right with God
Self-righteousness is a sin itself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by achorladey: 12:10pm On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

say you don't buy into going to church any longer and don't hide behind pastor on your neck alone.

How do you awaken the zeal to be a churchgoer? Looool! Why not how do I awaken the zeal to keep living like a christian that you say you are?
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Kukutenla: 12:10pm On Apr 07
drlateef:

Sit down and pick Quran to read. You will find the spiritual fulfilment you need in it. Trust me!!!
What is inside the Qur'an that's not present in the bible
The Qur'an was copied from the bible!!
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by aremubabs: 12:15pm On Apr 07
Emday:
My sister, the first thing we need to note is that we don't go to church because of people. We go to church because of God.

And that leads us to ask: Do you love God? If yes, then serving God is non-negotiable. Worst case, you can change your branch or change the church entirely.

But for your own growth sake, going to church is very vital if you want to become all that God has prepared for you. In addition, not going to church means you're not really being fed by the Word of God. That's a dangerous position to be; because the devil can really take advantage of you.

This is the problem with you Christians.

Who told you that you don't go to church because of people?

Is the Church not the people with Christ as the head?

This is the reason why I say the Church needs a revival. You go to Church to build one another, not to ignore one another. Some people even mind their business all through the church service. They don't even care to know the person sitting beside them in Church. As far as they are concerned, they have come to worship God and not to fraternize.

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by nnadychuks(m): 12:17pm On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
You are right, modern pastors are even discouraging people from serving God, they are just after money and this weakens the spirit of a deep spirited person
The main thing is I now understand that God is love.
Christianity is simply defined as love for your God, your Neighbors, spouse, siblings, enemies, etc…
For instance, if you love your God you’ll neither use his name in vain, serve any other God or make any graven image of Him.
If you love your spouse you shouldn’t commit adultery.
If you love your siblings you must not covet their properties.
These points are from the law of Moses,
the New Testament emphasized also on love.
Christianity is “Christ like” and Jesus always preached about love, but there’s more love in the mosque or shrine nowadays than in the church…

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 12:19pm On Apr 07
achorladey:

say you don't buy into going to church any longer and don't hide behind pastor on your neck alone.

How do you awaken the zeal to be a churchgoer? Looool! Why not how do I awaken the zeal to keep living like a christian that you say you are?
This rap artist have come again
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by achorladey: 12:20pm On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
Don't you feel detached from your spirituality? Don't you feel something is missing within your soul? That's exactly how I've been feeling

the truth of the matter gradually coming out. Looool! Spirituality resides in going to a religious building on a given day, date and time.

It was like how one religious organisation leader I know put. Going to church is like charging your spiritual battery. Loooool! Once anyone stops going to church their spiritual life goes dead. Looool! Dem no teach you that life giving spirit is not restricted to a religious building,gathering or organisation.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by mrkia(m): 12:21pm On Apr 07
As if she knows what she was going to do there before.. lol 😂😂😂
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by achorladey: 12:22pm On Apr 07
dawnomike:
Where do you reside .. I will order a ride (uber or bolt) to take you to church next Sunday. Maybe that will motivate you

you can take a horse to the stream you cannot force it to drink water.
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 12:22pm On Apr 07
achorladey:

the truth of the matter gradually coming out. Looool! Spirituality resides in going to a religious building on a given day, date and time.

It was like how one religious organisation leader I know put. Going to church is like charging your spiritual battery. Loooool! Once anyone stops going to church their spiritual life goes dead. Looool! Dem no teach you that life giving spirit is not restricted to a religious building,gathering or organisation.
You are sounding more like an atheist. I've always told you this back then
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by aremubabs: 12:24pm On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

My sister, going to church is a duty. It is not important for our salvation.

The ultimate question is do you believe in God; do you believe in the sacrifices of Jesus Christ?

The active Christian is expected to be so grounded in the Word of God that he or she should be able to stay sufficient in it as long as he or she believes.

Jesus Christ promised to send His Holy Spirit to us who will teach us everything we need to know. You don't need a pastor to teach you anything as long as you let the Holy Spirit do the teaching through constant reading of the Word.

You should not feel guilty missing church. Churchgoing is a duty. Going to church, tithing, and so on are duties. They don't take you to Heaven. In fact, they don't build you spiritually. Only the Word builds you.

You should only be guilty if you have forsaken Jesus Christ.

Now, churchgoing means going to church. You can find a gathering of bible believing Christians, even if it is just two people, and you have a church. In fact, the smaller, the better.

Remember what Christ said: "Where two or three are gathered in my name..."

You don't need a multitude. Narrow is the way, only a few would find it. In fact, devotions with your family is a church on its own.

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by achorladey: 12:25pm On Apr 07
malvisguy212:
many Christians have taken this phrase out of context " the church is not a building" hence they stop going to church and disconnected themselves from eachother.

which means people can be connected to each other with as low as just two anywhere without date and time and encourage one another to do fine things

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Bishop Daniel Yisa: "The Change Buhari Brought Is Changing Criminals To Saints" / Gay Church Opens In Igboland / Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.