Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,858 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff (35967 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State / BREAKING: Jubilation In PDP As Tribunal Sacks Another APC House Of Reps Member / BREAKING: Appeal Court Sacks Another APC Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by emkz: 9:25am On Apr 08
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has continued with the disengagement of staff in furtherance of its ongoing restructuring as it sacked a fresh batch of 40 staff mostly from the development finance department (DFD).

Because the sack letters were released late Friday, details of those affected are sketchy but our reporter learnt that Musa Zgabawa Bulus, an Assistant Director of the CBN, heading the National Collateral Registry (NCR) was affected.

NCR is an initiative of CBN aimed at improving access to finance particularly for Nano Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) leveraging movable assets.

Deputy directors and assistant directors were mostly affected with 22 from the DFD and the remaining 18 from Medicals and Procurement Services Department.

Recall that not less than 27 members of staff, most of them directors at the Central Bank of Nigeria, were affected by the first batch of dismissals, even as more are set to be axed in the coming days.

Amongst those affected were eight directors, 10 deputy directors, five assistant directors, two principal managers and two senior managers.

With the latest number of affected staff, the total has now reached 67, in what appears to be a series by the Olayemi Cardoso-led Board of Governors.

Why DFD staff were affected

The move may not be unconnected with the refocusing of the CBN away from development finance interventions

Briefing after the last Monetary Policy Committee meeting, Cardoso said: "The intervention has two dysfunctions. One, it takes a lot of time for something you do not have an expertise to do, and two, if not carefully handled, creates a lot of distortions in your economy through inflow of money supply.

"The interventions that took place in the recent past were estimated in excess of N10 trillion. I’m not talking about ways or means. What was the budget of the federal government of Nigeria? What was the budget of the largest states in Nigeria? Do the maths and it would tell you the extent of damage too much of what may appear to be good things can do to an economy."

https://dailytrust.com/cbn-sacks-another-40-staff/#Echobox=1712535466

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by emkz: 9:30am On Apr 08
I think this is selective.

Because CBN is shifting from that development financial initiative which led to CBN disbursing loans to farmers does not mean there are no dead woods elsewhere.

CBN must carry out a comprehensive personnel audit. CBN recruitment has mostly been political and nepotistic over the years where the children of the high and the mighty get preference. We even heard that these children's job functions are mostly planning their vacations. Some of the retiring CBN staff seemingly bring their children to the employ of CBN. If this is a lie, when last did CBN do an open recruitment?

CBN cannot deny recruitment because that agency is overstaffed.

Dr Yemi Cardoso, we are in support of your initiatives. We want them to be more brutal. Please clean the CBN.

150 Likes 11 Shares

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Osnuf34(m): 9:30am On Apr 08
Hmmmm. It is well

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by DeeNet1: 9:31am On Apr 08
Omo
Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Bookhub: 9:35am On Apr 08
Anyway anyhow just end this inflation its makes Nigerians work in vain too bad.

Meanwhile yabatech partime form is now out to close may 15th if interested call

Zero eight one two four zero six four three five three.

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by DenreleDave(m): 9:35am On Apr 08
I am less concerned.

Go to FIRS, CBN office, most of them are just going to gossip and have fun. Only few are working while the rest are busy with their phones.

Same as Pencom, SEC..... This is why we cant or struggling to be productive in this nation.....

Infact all govt agencies and parastatals plus ministries are just for free salary.. Waste of public funds and tax payer money

Why do you think people pays millions of naira to get a govt job hoping to recoup it back when they get the job.?

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Parydelegate: 9:35am On Apr 08
Y
Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by invigilator(m): 9:36am On Apr 08
As una gather make Naira scarce for common man, Karma don dey catch una one by one!!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Badgers14: 9:36am On Apr 08
I don't think I have seen vacancy announcement by CBN.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by sofeo(m): 9:36am On Apr 08
Great development.

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by tefishy(m): 9:36am On Apr 08
These ones they are sacking where will they now be chopping money

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by free2ryhme: 9:36am On Apr 08
Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by PandoraObi: 9:36am On Apr 08
o
Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Meti99(m): 9:37am On Apr 08
Dgu
Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by techub: 9:37am On Apr 08
Does this mean that even CBN is broke?

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by A112: 9:37am On Apr 08
War a pity
Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Otulented: 9:37am On Apr 08
Tinibulation has happened to them.

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Tjra: 9:37am On Apr 08
sofeo:
Great development.
What makes it great?

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Joy2dworldxyz: 9:37am On Apr 08
They should just sack everyone cos I don't really know what the work of these guys are. Above, no one cares about how anyone survives in this country. Everyone for himself.

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by blancsn1: 9:37am On Apr 08
As an obidient Ipob what more can your paralyzed thought come up with. You think it is selective without a list detailing who n who is being sacked

emkz:
I think this is selective

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Kennitrust(m): 9:37am On Apr 08
Retrogressive countries

Because of leaders who don't know statistics.

'Na statistics we go chop' has really denigrate our dignity.

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by free2ryhme: 9:38am On Apr 08
emkz:

https://dailytrust.com/cbn-sacks-another-40-staff/#Echobox=1712535466

Those without competence for the position they occupy asked to leave

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by FitCorper: 9:38am On Apr 08
No more unnecessary position. Doing nothing and collecting free salary. That money can be put to better use. God please continue blessing Jagaban both physically, spiritually and mentally.

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by willi926(m): 9:38am On Apr 08
If sacking them will improve the economy then I see it as a good move.

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by atobs4real(m): 9:38am On Apr 08
I hope it's those corrupt ones that are affected

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by chigoziri2403(m): 9:39am On Apr 08
Wow
Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by ppogba: 9:39am On Apr 08
emkz:
I think this is selective.

Because CBN is shifting from that development financial initiative which led to CBN disbursing loans to farmers does not mean there are no dead woods elsewhere.

CBN must carry out a comprehensive personnel audit. CBN recruitment has mostly been political and nepotistic over the years where the children of the high and the mighty get preference. We even heard that these children's job functions are mostly planning their vacations. Some of the retiring CBN staff seemingly bring their children to the employ of CBN. If this is a lie, when last did CBN do an open recruitment?

CBN cannot deny recruitment because that agency is overstaffed.

Dr Yemi Cardoso, we are in support of your initiatives. We want them to be more brutal. Please clean the CBN.

It is not always difficult to jump into conclusion especially if you have your ethnic binoculars on.

Typical!

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by michigang: 9:40am On Apr 08
I used to think civil servants don't get sacked

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by IDnoble1: 9:40am On Apr 08
Time will tell....
Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Ejiakusmith(m): 9:41am On Apr 08
Cccccc
Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by ppogba: 9:41am On Apr 08
Badgers14:
I don't think I have seen vacancy announcement by CBN.

You can never see because Sanusi packed his people in. Same with Emefiele with his Delta Igbo people.

You cannot rule out Cardoso loading his Lagos boys in.

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by CountinBlessins(m): 9:42am On Apr 08
Very good . Tinubu is really impressing me lately. Also this is what Peter obi would have done too.

The northerns for years abused process and packed their semi illiterate brothers and sisters into NPA, NNPC and CBN.
that's why the quality of service fell so drastically low in these organizations.
They had no creativity just stealing and looting.

President Tinubu may yet surprise every single one of us.

Nigeria will be great again.

Don't forget to do what my signature says.

Stay blessed

29 Likes 1 Share

Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development / Oshiomhole Fires Back At Okonjo-Iweala "You Should Be Ashamed..." / Julius Berger And RCC Have Started Work On Lagos-ibadan Expressway (PHOTO)