Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,618 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others (40703 Views)

Femi Adesina’s Impersonator Jailed 28 Years, Loses House,others To FG / Sanwo-Olu Honours Three Dead Policemen With ₦10 Million Each / Sanwo-Olu Honours Chaplain Femi Taiwo, Sacked After Encounter With Ambode’s Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by Tourist42: 5:59pm On Apr 08
toujurs:
Lagos to London by road? Fake!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by Believeintruth: 5:59pm On Apr 08
FreeStuffsNG:

Omorebiiyan!! HE Sanwo-Olu is really very happy to see her cheesy She's so respectful and humble. She's from a good family. Even the family name is a notable one. From Nubi close in Ebute meta to erudite Prof Nubi of UNILAG.

Thank you sir for recognizing and encouraging Pelumi. God bless you sir.
Pelumi, we celebrate you for making us proud.
God bless Lagos state and the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Oga this your otimkpu is becoming disgusting. Try and stop this freestuffs business by leaving this 30k propaganda salary job you do here in nairaland and get something meaningful to do.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by toujurs: 6:01pm On Apr 08
Tourist42:

How was she able to get passports of all these countries she had to pass through.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by enemyofprogress: 6:02pm On Apr 08
Patojargz:

Obob! Her success... See d kind bomb u dey throw ur own no good
abeg leaf me alone jo. Person never chop since morning, she dey there dey waste fuel on unnecessary journey
Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by JuanDeDios: 6:03pm On Apr 08
reiddecuti:

You see how government dull out public money like it's their personal money.

You see how the people act like fools and applaud them.

I'm beginning to believe that we have more of foolish people Nigeria than any other country in the world.

This quote by Franz Kafka really defined the Nigerian state "One idiot is one idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by nedekid: 6:09pm On Apr 08
Nice one.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by Mom007(f): 6:11pm On Apr 08
Fortune has always favored the brave!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by HEBEI: 6:11pm On Apr 08
I would drive from Jerusalem to Abuja shocked shocked shocked shocked

I hope Nyesom Wike will pay me too shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by Fujiyama: 6:13pm On Apr 08
reiddecuti:
This quote by Franz Kafka really defined the Nigerian state "One idiot is one idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

^^^
grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by CaptainFM1: 6:14pm On Apr 08
LegendHero:

So why that one come be your business?

Everything should not be about first class, do other people with other grade not deserve good things from the government too?

Where does our priority lies in this country?

Someone that can afford to go to London and even get car, has enough money for fueling the car, barge the car on ferry to cross the Mediterranean sea or cross the Mediterranean to Morocco and pick up another different car to still continue her journey....Such a person is definitely not suffering as far as Nigeria of today is concerned.

There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions Lagosian that the government should try and assist to bring them out of poverty.
My neighbor just came to beg for garri now for him and his two sons. Not like I have much, I had to add some change for him too.

On Fox news few days ago, it was analysed that more and more Gen-z are ditching college and university for learning trade and other hand work. Over here in Nigeria, our youths are more interested in Nairabet, Play football or become a musician. I guess the reasons are not far fetched. The society has put priority upside down. Even the government is very guilty at this.

I'm not saying adventuring is not good. Infact it can be a source of education in itself. But truly we need to put our priority into right perspective. Imagine each state government funding thousands of pilgrimages to Israel and Mecca every year and asking poor students to get loans for education? O wrong gan now?

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by kunleham(m): 6:15pm On Apr 08
4tomandchi:
This tribe like themselves no be small I want to start driving from the Netherlands tomorrow to Lagos I hope I get same treatment
Before nko? If you hate your tribe wetin you gain?

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by 3kay945(m): 6:22pm On Apr 08
Which kind fuel she used please?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by Fujiyama: 6:23pm On Apr 08
CaptainFM1:
But truly we need to put our priority into right perspective. Imagine each state government funding thousands of pilgrimages to Israel and Mecca every year and asking poor students to get loans for education?

^^^
sad
Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by LegendHero(m): 6:24pm On Apr 08
CaptainFM1:

Someone that can afford to go to London and even get car, has enough money for fueling the car, barge the car on ferry to cross the Mediterranean sea or cross the Mediterranean to Morocco and pick up another different car to still continue her journey....Such a person is definitely not suffering as far as Nigeria of today is concerned.

There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions Lagosian that the government should try and assist to bring them out of poverty.
My neighbor just came to beg for garri now for him and his two sons. Not like I have much, I had to add some change for him too.

On Fox news few days ago, it was analysed that more and more Gen-z are ditching college and university for learning trade and other hand work. Over here in Nigeria, our youths are more interested in Nairabet, Play football or become a musician. I guess the reasons are not far fetched. The society has put priority upside down. Even the government is very guilty at this.

I'm not saying adventuring is not good. Infact it can be a source of education in itself. But truly we need to put our priority into right perspective. Imagine each state government funding thousands of pilgrimages to Israel and Mecca every year and asking poor students to get loans for education? O wrong gan now?

You will do well if you use this as your graduate thesis. I don’t read the jargons.

So your eyes blind with how the Lagos government have been doing intervention even for civil servants where he gives car and houses?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by Kusu12: 6:25pm On Apr 08
Artscollection:
Wetin hm do for all the firstclass graduate in his state?
Our reward system na pure ojoro!!! Them go don arrange every every b4 she even start .

Have you asked your state governor that question wailing wailer?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by leisuretym: 6:27pm On Apr 08
Pure nonsense
Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by Kusu12: 6:28pm On Apr 08
Believeintruth:

Oga this your otimkpu is becoming disgusting. Try and stop this freestuffs business by leaving this 30k propaganda salary job you do here in nairaland and get something meaningful to do.

Is it not the same propaganda job you are doing for your fake messiah obingo and serial party defector? Wailing wailer!

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by sunboy(m): 6:29pm On Apr 08
That’s all I have to do to get a free car and a house in Lagos Make we start?

Our gov never stop wasting the taxpayers money on mediocre things. Stupid folks.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by CaptainFM1: 6:29pm On Apr 08
The way the media are hyping and emphasizing the travelling by car and ignoring crossing of the Mediterranean with a Ferry makes me believe she's found Mose's staff!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by Treadway: 6:31pm On Apr 08
Vlibray:
Nigerians and the Nigerian government like celebrating rubbish .
as in ehn. Absolute rubbish. Person decide to go for a joy ride, LASG gift am money, house and car (with special plate number fa), but dem no go give this same list of gifts to the best civil servant even if that civil servant was the best for 35years back to back.

Well, the race isn't to the swift, neither is the battle to the strong, but time and chance that happens to us all.

Ecclesiastes 9 v 11 ¶ I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the aswift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

Na her luck/destiny.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by Bluntemperor: 6:33pm On Apr 08
toujurs:
Lagos to London by road? Fake!

Says who?
How did our Forefathers moved then- by Ships and by Road!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by toujurs: 6:34pm On Apr 08
Bluntemperor:

Says who?
How did our Forefathers moved then- by Ships and by Road!
By ship! Exactly.. you know and you are asking. undecided
Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by 9JAMac10: 6:37pm On Apr 08
Nigeria may possess some of the most gullible and foolish people in the world . Y’all believe anything and everything. No wonder political leaders take y’all as clowns. Funny country. God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by Konquest: 6:41pm On Apr 08
BeeBeeOoh:

Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Monday, received travel content creator, Pelumi Nubi, at the Government House, following her arrival in Lagos from London by road on Sunday afternoon.

The governor has consequently appointed Pelumi Nubi as Lagos Brand Ambassador with a new car, house, and customised plate number.

Taking to her X handle (formerly Twitter) to announce the development after meeting with the Governor Sanwo-Olu, Pelumi wrote: “Just another great start and a new beginning
Congratulations to me guys as I become a Lagos state ambassador 
Alongside a new car gift from His excellence @jidesanwoolu A new home in Lagos and also a customized plate number

LEADERSHIP reports that Pelumi Nubi had received heroic welcome as she finally arrived Lagos on Sunday after 68 days of driving solo from London, United Kingdom.

It would be recalled that the content creator had earlier announced that she would be driving from London to Lagos some months ago.

During her journey, she had suffered an accident, which momentarily put a stop to her trip, before she continued.

Lagos State Commissioner of Tourism, Arts, and Culture, Mrs. Toke Benson-Awoyinka, and the Special Adviser to the Governor on Tourism, Arts, and Culture, Idris Aregbe, met Pelumi at the Nigerian-Benin Republic border on behalf of the Lagos State Government on Sunday.

Pelumi made her second stop at Badagry before continuing on to the University of Lagos (UNILAG) to celebrate her arrival.

https://leadership.ng/gov-sanwo-olu-honours-london-lagos-solo-car-rider-with-new-car-house-others/
That's really impressive.

It's great the Governor of Lagos State and his team gave her a rousing welcome.

Kudos to the 27-year-old Pelumi Nubi on her successful journey.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by Sheggy13(m): 6:42pm On Apr 08
Same Lagos state government where retired civil servants especially teachers don't get their retirement benefits until after 4+ years of retirement can spend the state's resources on frivolities like this. We truly deserve the kind of leaders we get.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by naturefellow(m): 6:49pm On Apr 08
enemyofprogress:
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

The girl no even fine self. See her head like person wey dem wan take do sacrifice for amadioha
jealousy from hell.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by Believeintruth: 6:50pm On Apr 08
Kusu12:

Is it not the same propaganda job you are doing for your fake messiah obingo and serial party defector? Wailing wailer!

Oga i am not in any party, i just detest obvious fake propaganda games you people play.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by naturefellow(m): 6:51pm On Apr 08
Believeintruth:

really disgusting.
Would you charge this moniker too with cyberbullying?

Life is too short to keep clowning online! Freestuffsng
Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by Believeintruth: 6:53pm On Apr 08
naturefellow:
really stinks.
Would you charge this moniker too with cyberbullying? Freestuffsng

Life is too short to keep clowning online!

Oga were you nutured with Zobo rahter than breast milk?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by Konquest: 6:55pm On Apr 08
Sheggy13:
Same Lagos state government where retired civil servants especially teachers don't get their retirement benefits until after 4+ years of retirement can spend the state's resources on frivolities like this. We truly deserve the kind of leaders we get.

Excerpts:
"Recently, the Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, took to social media to share some good news for Lagos workers.

“Hello Lagos,” Sanwo-Olu began on X, formerly known as Twitter. “I’m happy to share some news with you that I hope will put smiles on the faces of families. Next week, we’re set to disburse N3.1 billion under the Contributory Pension Scheme to over 1,000 retirees who have served our state tirelessly. Your sacrifices have not gone unnoticed. It is pertinent to take note of the fact that in the lifetime of our administration, we have disbursed over N60 billion as pension to over 17,000 retirees. This achievement fills us with pride. Prioritising the welfare of those who’ve shaped Lagos’ history is not just a commitment; it’s our legacy. Your trust is paramount, and together, we’re constructing a Lagos that champions its own. A heartfelt thank you for your unwavering dedication. Your contributions form the very foundation of our vibrant state. There is so much more to be done, and we will continue to strive to achieve more. Let’s keep building a stronger, caring Lagos together.”

Source: https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/02/15/prioritising-the-welfare-of-pensioners

You are quite right about some delays in pensions payments (NOT just in Lagos State but other Nigerian states), but Lagos State pays faster than most of the 36 states.

I think the gifts and commendations given by Lagos State to the young London-born lady (Pelumi Nubi) are in order because her journey was one of mental and physical endurance for 67 days while driving from London to Nigeria, and she survived what was a near-fatal car accident while driving within the West African region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by naturefellow(m): 6:56pm On Apr 08
Believeintruth:

Oga were you nutured with Zobo rahter than breast milk?
friendly fire! That post is directed freestuffs not you.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others by soccerlite: 6:57pm On Apr 08
Did she win a competition?

Lolzzzzz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Akwa Ibom (More Pictures) / Customs Intercepts Drones, Military Uniforms, Others In Lagos (Pictures) / Ben Bruce's Voting By SMS: Nigerians React (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.