Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - (770 Views)

"I Cannot Believe I'm Still Single" - Lady Shares Bikini Photos, Gets Epic Reply / “I Cannot Date You, If You Don’t Drive A Ferrari” — Nigerian Lady / “I Cannot Marry A Man Who Stays On The Mainland” - Lady On Twitter Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by atoliman: 11:22pm On Apr 08
1. The praying and reading in Arabic in Islam is just a way to reinforce Arab language supremacy above all other languages. Have you heard a Chinese man recite the Quran in Arabic? They are some Chinese who can recite the Quran in Arabic well. . God understand you when you pray in any language. He is God because He is all knowing and understand language .When the Devil tempt you. He does not speak only Arabic to you but the language that you understand. If that was the case, everyone should be speaking Arabic as their native tongues.

2. To say Jesus Christ is just a prophet only when Judaism clearly reject him as the Messiah. Is either Jesus Christ is an imposter, a false god or a false prophet. Why will Judaism reject Jesus Christ as the Messiah, Christianity accept Jesus Christ as the Messiah and Islam accept Jesus as one of the prophets a prophet only?

3. The women rights and so forth. First for a woman to cover herself and dress accordingly is honorable, but to go extreme to where some women are covered from head to toe. They are made jest of as Ninja. If a woman wants to cover hair, she should be able to because She wants to honor her God, not because it is the law like Afghanistan. Some girls are not even allowed to go to school
Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by amnesty7: 11:29pm On Apr 08
Some folks had your logics and still they died and left Islam stronger.
As for No. 3, you can enjoy your wig-wearing women as you wish.
Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by atoliman: 11:32pm On Apr 08
amnesty7:
Some folks had your logics and still they died and left Islam stronger.
As for No. 3, you can enjoy your wig-wearing women as you wish.

I already have- thank God- Nigeria is not Afghanistan where women are not allowed to go to school

1 Like

Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by Elegantspiker(m): 11:48pm On Apr 08
If your parents were Muslims, same perspective of denigrating other religious followers other than yours would've been tilted towards the opposite or adjacent side. Reason why I don't discuss differing religious believes. Our religious bearing is always hinged on the on our parent's choice.

How is that logical?

That's why I say we belong to various religious classifications based on naivety.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by ednut1(m): 12:50am On Apr 09
Did Jesus speak English?? The Europeans are also using it to promote their own language no be so?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by advanceDNA: 1:16am On Apr 09
Elegantspiker:
If your parents were Muslims, same perspective of denigrating other religious followers other than yours would've been tilted towards the opposite or adjacent side. Reason why I don't discuss differing religious believes. Our religious bearing is always hinged on the on our parent's choice.

How is that logical?

That's why I say we belong to various religious classifications based on naivety.

many pple born to islamic parents don't agree with Islam and it's many doctrine ...which also happens in the other religion like Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, etc

Millions have converted from various religions to another that their parents don't belong to..
So how will u say pple's religious choice is always based parents choice...

so I salute everyone bold enough to find their way,....weda the way is wrong or right in the eyes of anyone......as long as they have their true personal convictions

and I say shiooorr to those who just follow wateva their parents told them or just doing band wagon fellowship without any personal convictions

1 Like

Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by fyzaila: 7:03am On Apr 09
How does you not been a muslim going to affect anybody?
I wonder why some non-muslims can just accept the fact that some people choose to be muslims and practice their religion diligently. Some female go about almost naked is that a crime? Well, they'll say it's their body and can dress they way the want. So if a muslim female choose to cover up her body in accordance to her religious beliefs, it's no longer her choice, they'll say she's forced to do that as if they're not plenty muslim who doesn't cover up her body.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by SIRTee15: 7:43am On Apr 09
ednut1:
Did Jesus speak English?? The Europeans are also using it to promote their own language no be so?

What do U mean by above. There are millions of Christians who can't utter a word in English, they are no less Christians than English speaking Christians.

U fall my hand by this analogy sha.
Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by ednut1(m): 8:01am On Apr 09
SIRTee15:

What do U mean by above. There are millions of Christians who can't utter a word in English, they are no less Christians than English speaking English.

U fall my hand by this analogy sha.
Jesus didn’t speak English, Spanish, Portuguese or Russian tho. If for example oyo empire was the one who colonized the world and we spread our religion. Does it make sense to read incantations in English assuming we conquered England. Hell no

I’m not a Christian or Muslim tho

Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by Makunahatata: 8:14am On Apr 09
atoliman:
1. The praying and reading in Arabic in Islam is just a way to reinforce Arab language supremacy above all other languages. Have you heard a Chinese man recite the Quran in Arabic? They are some Chinese who can recite the Quran in Arabic well. . God understand you when you pray in any language. He is God because He is all knowing and understand language .When the Devil tempt you. He does not speak only Arabic to you but the language that you understand. If that was the case, everyone should be speaking Arabic as their native tongues.

2. To say Jesus Christ is just a prophet only when Judaism clearly reject him as the Messiah. Is either Jesus Christ is an imposter, a false god or a false prophet. Why will Judaism reject Jesus Christ as the Messiah, Christianity accept Jesus Christ as the Messiah and Islam accept Jesus as one of the prophets a prophet only?

3. The women rights and so forth. First for a woman to cover herself and dress accordingly is honorable, but to go extreme to where some women are covered from head to toe. They are made jest of as Ninja. If a woman wants to cover hair, she should be able to because She wants to honor her God, not because it is the law like Afghanistan. Some girls are not even allowed to go to school

you sounds dumb...evn if na babalawo born u, I'm 90% sure u go dey type same nonsense trying to defend your Ifa or sango or trying to prove your religion is superior..btw, den drag u to join Islam? Why creating threads about dose who don't give a fvck u exist, u sure u are ok upstairs??
Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by SIRTee15: 9:19am On Apr 09
ednut1:
Jesus didn’t speak English, Spanish, Portuguese or Russian tho. If for example oyo empire was the one who colonized the world and we spread our religion. Does it make sense to read incantations in English assuming we conquered England. Hell no

I’m not a Christian or Muslim tho

That's what make Christianity the true faith and not ifa religion.
U should be able to communicate with the supreme and universal deity in any language since he created them all.
How can U say the only way to communicate with a universal God who created all languages is thru a specific language otherwise he won't hear u. It doesn't make sense.

It shows the religion is a tribal one that was elevated to a global level via whatever means.

Christianity dont have this problem because neither Jesus nor his disciples advocated for a liturgical language for worship. One of the reason I believe it's from God.
Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by ednut1(m): 9:23am On Apr 09
SIRTee15:

That's what make Christianity the true faith and not ifa religion.
U should be able to communicate with the supreme and universal deity in any language since he created them all.
How can U say the only way to communicate with a universal God who created all languages is thru a specific language otherwise he won't hear u. It doesn't make sense.

It shows the religion is a tribal one that was elevated to a global level via whatever means.

Christianity dont have this problem because neither Jesus nor his disciples advocated for a liturgical language for worship. One of the reason I believe it's from God.
true faith indeed that they white man used it to justify slavery and also colonized us. There is nothing like true faith abeg rest. The bible was written and edited after Jesus died . So how can you be sure of what Jesus advocated for language wise. The religion of were he was from still use their own language wherever they are( jews).

Christianity that was cooked by unknown men in rome/ Vatican . Keep consoling yourself o
Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by SIRTee15: 10:30am On Apr 09
ednut1:
true faith indeed that they white man used it to justify slavery and also colonized us. There is nothing like true faith abeg rest. The bible was written and edited after Jesus died . So how can you be sure of what Jesus advocated for language wise. The religion of were he was from still use their own language wherever they are( jews).

Christianity that was cooked by unknown men in rome/ Vatican . Keep consoling yourself o

No need to go emotional bro. Its obvious U ve not don't your due diligence on this topic and just repeating the stale narratives flying around.

I just don't understand how people keep associating white man to the bible when there's no blue eyes and blong hair character in the bible. Yes U heard me, no white European character in the bible but I can show U at least 20 black people mentioned in the bible including Abraham, moses and David's wives!!!

The white man didn't use the bible to colonise anybody just like the Romans didn't use the bible to colonise the native English people or any Germania tribe.
They used power and might. The mighty will always feed on the weak.

The white man didn't preach bible to anybody in exchange for slaves. Greed and stupidity on African tribes played a bigger part.
To let U know the white man didn't use the bible to justify slavery, they actually gave a different bible to the slaves.
They slavers knew if they give the true bible to slaves, they will automatically realise they shouldnt be in chians.

Christianity cooked in Rome and salted in Vatican na propaganda. That can work on a Christian who has poor knowledge of early church history.
I have debunked atheist multiple times here on their ignorance and propaganda. We can discuss church history in the 1st century sometime in the future.

I actually researched Christianity properly b4 making a decision to join the faith- Both textual and historical research and the more I dig deep, the more it's obvious Christianity is the truth.

U can start by reading something called the Corinthians creed to know if what we claim is actually the truth.

1 Like

Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by ednut1(m): 10:41am On Apr 09
SIRTee15:

No need to go emotional bro. Its obvious U ve not don't your due diligence on this topic and just repeating the stale narratives flying around.

I just don't understand how people keep associating white man to the bible when there's no blue eyes and blong hair character in the bible. Yes U heard me, no white European character in the bible but I can show U at least 20 black people mentioned in the bible including Abraham, moses and David's wives!!!

The white man didn't use the bible to colonise anybody just like the Romans didn't use the bible to colonise the native English people or any Germania tribe.
They used power and might. The mighty will always feed on the weak.

The white man didn't preach bible to anybody in exchange for slaves. Greed and stupidity on African tribes played a bigger part.
To let U know the white man didn't use the bible to justify slavery, they actually gave a different bible to the slaves.
They slavers knew if they give the true bible to slaves, they will automatically realise they shouldnt be in chians.

Christianity cooked in Rome and salted in Vatican na propaganda. That can work on a Christian who has poor knowledge of early church history.
I have debunked atheist multiple times here on their ignorance and propaganda. We can discuss church history in the 1st century sometime in the future.

I actually researched Christianity properly b4 making a decision to join the faith- Both textual and historical research and the more I dig deep, the more it's obvious Christianity is the truth.

U can start by reading something called the Corinthians creed to know if what we claim is actually the truth.
you only want to make yourself feel good. Most of the religions in the world today use the original language where they originated. Some things are lost in translation. Your cannot translate Yoruba incarnations to English for example. In summary i support Muslims using Arabic shikena. Same way i support Hindus doing same
Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by SIRTee15: 12:03pm On Apr 09
ednut1:
you only want to make yourself feel good. Most of the religions in the world today use the original language where they originated. Some things are lost in translation. Your cannot translate Yoruba incarnations to English for example. In summary i support Muslims using Arabic shikena. Same way i support Hindus doing same

Yeah makes sense if the religion is restricted to it's native speakers.
How many Muslims understand the Arabic they cram. How many of them can speak Arabic fluently, I engage them regularly here, U will be surprised I know more english Koranic verses than majority of them.

Few white people I know that do Yoruba incantations actually lived in Yoruba land for years and indoctrinated themselves properly into the Yoruba culture b4 making incantations or consulting ifa oracle.
That's how it should be done. Not sitting down in Lagos and cramming a book written in foreign language u have no clue about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87wB6wse6CA?si=uzkWl0Ii4PBoBWd5

Btw, We have the Hebrew bible with us today. We also have the Aramaic new testament and koine greek NT with us.
So it's not like the native language is lost anywhere. We do have them with us, it's not just important for us to start cramming it when U don't even speak the language
Makes no sense.
Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by dhiqson(m): 3:28pm On Apr 09
grin
Interesting topic sha
I won't be a Muslim
Never will

But you see their women cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Iffa leave them, make i die
Their women epitomize everything a man wants
Maybe because the religion clips their wing
But any how

Hijabis are the best!!
Ramadan Kareem all
Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by ednut1(m): 4:53pm On Apr 09
SIRTee15:

Yeah makes sense if the religion is restricted to it's native speakers.
How many Muslims understand the Arabic they cram. How many of them can speak Arabic fluently, I engage them regularly here, U will be surprised I know more english Koranic verses than majority of them.

Few white people I know that do Yoruba incantations actually lived in Yoruba land for years and indoctrinated themselves properly into the Yoruba culture b4 making incantations or consulting ifa oracle.
That's how it should be done. Not sitting down in Lagos and cramming a book written in foreign language u have no clue about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87wB6wse6CA?si=uzkWl0Ii4PBoBWd5

Btw, We have the Hebrew bible with us today. We also have the Aramaic new testament and koine greek NT with us.
So it's not like the native language is lost anywhere. We do have them with us, it's not just important for us to start cramming it when U don't even speak the language
Makes no sense.
the ifa worshippers who are descendants of slaves taken 200 years ago still use Yoruba for incantations
Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by 1Sharon(f): 5:19pm On Apr 09
ednut1:

In Christianity you're not required to communicate in an unintelligible language just to pray to God
Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by Bliztzer: 5:35pm On Apr 09
ednut1:

Jesus while he was on earth didn't even speak Hebrew, he spoke aramaic.
Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by SIRTee15: 5:52pm On Apr 09
ednut1:
the ifa worshippers who are descendants of slaves taken 200 years ago still use Yoruba for incantations

What's the potency of their liturgical chants.
Have U ever seen them invoke sango and the deity responded.
Its the same thing, it's meaningless reciting phrases u don't understand.
Candombe even incorporate some elements of catholic tradition into their practice.
Abeg those ones are just playing.
The religion is called new African spirituality and it's just more of celebration of culture than anything else.
Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by SIRTee15: 6:07pm On Apr 09
Bliztzer:

Jesus while he was on earth didn't even speak Hebrew, he spoke aramaic.

So how was he able to read the scriptural scrolls in the synagogue.
because the new testament confirmed Jesus read from the scrolls.
Mind U, the Jewish scrolls are written in Hebrew.
Re: Why I Cannot Be A Muslim - by Bliztzer: 7:18pm On Apr 09
SIRTee15:

So how was he able to read the scriptural scrolls in the synagogue.
because the new testament confirmed Jesus read from the scrolls.
Mind U, the Jewish scrolls are written in Hebrew.

You re right about that. Jesus was special personality, he must understood more than one languages at a time. At age 12 he was able to teach doctors of the law what they couldn't grab correctly. So, aramaic was a common language but he was not limited to it.

(1) (Reply)

Maintaining A Successfull Relationship / Romantic Poems Corner / Is It Good To be sincere to your Girlfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.