Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,933 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi (14134 Views)

I’m Disappointed In Bayelsa People; They Came Out For Money – LP Gov Candidate, / Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) / #ekiti: How APC Thugs Manhandled Me With Security Officials Watching – PDP Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by Good01: 10:38pm On Apr 09
A Chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Segun Sowunmi, says he is disappointed that some of the founding fathers of the party are watching on while the party bleeds.

Sowunmi, who was a guest on Channels Television’s Politics Today programme on Tuesday, said he expects former Presidents Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan to have stepped in and resolved the protracted conflict that has plagued the party before the 2023 elections.

Recently, certain members of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) within the House of Representatives have demanded the resignation of the party’s National Chairman, Umar Damagum, alleging his allegiance to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Spearheaded by Ikenga UgoChinyere and comprising around “60 lawmakers,” they questioned the party leadership’s silence on the political developments in Rivers State, particularly criticizing their inaction while President Bola Tinubu intervened.

Sowunmi attributed the agitation for Damagum’s resignation and other internal discord within the party leadership to what he referred to as the “Wike problem.”

The ex-Ogun PDP governorship aspirant lamented that the PDP had previously dealt with the challenges posed by the then Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, before the last general elections, yet similar issues persist even a year after the polls.

Expressing regret, the PDP stalwart noted that the internal conflicts within the party have endured beyond the 2023 presidential election.

Sowunmi emphasized that it’s crucial for the founding fathers of the party to intervene and facilitate reconciliation among conflicting party members to strengthen and solidify the achievements of the party.

“A 25-year-old institution is supposed to be one of the legacies that one of the most populous black nations will tell the world that we can also run this thing,” he said.

“I’m disappointed that the founding fathers, the Jonathans of this world, the Obasanjos of this world and co, I am disappointed that they are looking at the platform that gave them the opportunity to lead, I am disappointed that they are looking it bleed.”
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/im-disappointed-obasanjo-jonathan-watching-pdp-bleed-sowunmi/amp/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by article1: 10:49pm On Apr 09
" 25-year-old institution is supposed to be one of the legacies that one of the most populous black nations will tell the world that we can also run this thing,” he said." Even Nigeria that is over 60years as a nation how has it fair in terms of development let alone ordinary political party full of selfish, betrayals and corrupt individuals.

25 Likes

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by brain54(m): 10:52pm On Apr 09
Obasanjo is 87years old...

And retired from active politics. The man even tore his membership card.

Free the old man to enjoy his days in peace!

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by Penguin2: 10:53pm On Apr 09
Fools!

PDP can rot away for all I care.

When Obasanjo advised you fools to give your ticket to Peter Obi, did you listen to him?

You ignored his counsel then, why should he care to volunteer his counsel again?

Get lost you fools!

Ndi ala!

100 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by fadsam: 10:55pm On Apr 09
They are now Elder Statemen, reason why Buhari no longer intervene in apc matters, tinubu will also stop when his tenure is over, as Elder Statemen, they stop politicking, they maintains neutrality & focus more on national interests

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by samdam111(m): 11:05pm On Apr 09
he shouldn't be disappointed because he's also a chieftain in the party if he tries to settle the dispute between the party its not a sin

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by PressMyButton: 1:57am On Apr 10
When some members of Rivers state assembly decamped to APC citing crisis in PDP, I thought some people were denying there was crisis or division in PDP. 60 members of PDP in National Assembly have also threatened to resign their membership. All these hullabaloo would strengthen the case of APC Rivers state assembly members in court.

104 Likes

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by Mynd44: 5:01am On Apr 10
When Okowa and Tambuwal sat back and allowed Atiku become the presidential candidate in 2023 as against the agreement the sountern governors had in Okowa's residence months before, it was fine and okay right?

Actions have consequencies

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by Edoreborn: 5:03am On Apr 10
Hmmm,,when everything is based on personal interest..No one give a f**k

4 Likes

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by iampeterben(m): 5:03am On Apr 10
There is nothing they can do, except the former forces of PDP in APC returns back to PDP. Only then will there be alignment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by Bruisecruise: 5:04am On Apr 10
This is what you get when idi!ots sacrificed their collective future due to individual interests.

In 2014, some persons needed to make concessions one way or the other for the party to maintain its cohesiveness and deter bigots like Buhari and criminals like Tinubu from ever tasting power. But No.

First, the Otuoke imbec!le refusing to heed to his promise of just “one term”.

Then the Dubai merchant Atiku do or die stance of “if it is not me then let the party crumble”

If PDP resolved its internal problems then, we wouldn’t be here today.

Look at Atiku, Saraki and other nPDP members today? They are like almajiris in the debate of power. State ooooh, Ooooin, National ooooo Ooooin.

Good luck to them thinking Emilokan would ever relinquish powers to them.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by owolabi5: 5:04am On Apr 10
Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by 7arrows: 5:05am On Apr 10
Good01:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/im-disappointed-obasanjo-jonathan-watching-pdp-bleed-sowunmi/amp/

APC has moles in PDP. Purpose is to destroy the party internally. Who do you call people like wike? Traitors or betrayals?

6 Likes

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by 7arrows: 5:08am On Apr 10
Penguin2:
Fools!

When Obasanjo advised you fools to give your ticket to Peter Obi, did you listen to him?

You ignored his counsel then, why should he care to volunteer his counsel again?

Get lost you fools!

Ndi ala!

Very correct bro. Na now them dey remember Obasanjo. I beg make them free the man. He pleaded and warned but they all refused. Now they are calling him. If na me I no go even say a word

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by silverlinen(m): 5:09am On Apr 10
Damnnn

Shey na Good luck wey no like trouble you dey expect to come involve himself?

Even obj himself don handsup....pdp matter too deep

Please y'all should kindly go through the link in my signature and follow my page.. Gracie

3 Likes

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by 7arrows: 5:09am On Apr 10
fadsam:
They are now Elder Statemen, reason why Buhari no longer intervene in apc matters, tinubu will also stop when his tenure is over, as Elder Statemen, they stop politicking, they maintains neutrality & focus more on national interests

You mean personal interest?

3 Likes

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by adenigga(m): 5:09am On Apr 10
brain54:

God Bless you.......

11 Likes

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by Kokoza50: 5:11am On Apr 10
Allow these men to rest

Meanwhile check my Signature Below
Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by Mikelarteta(m): 5:15am On Apr 10
Obasanjo at his age is an elder statesman. He is no longer in active politics.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by Yankee101: 5:18am On Apr 10
These men eat no matter who or which party is in power

1 Like

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by DJInfluence: 5:19am On Apr 10
Where was he when OBJ destroyed his PDP membership card in public? OBJ is no longer part of the party that started the destruction of our country before APC took that same destruction to another level.

6 Likes

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by Boyooosa(m): 5:24am On Apr 10
Disappointed ko, appointment ni
Una dey listen to them when Dem advise

2 Likes

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by Oghene86: 5:29am On Apr 10
PressMyButton:
When some members of Rivers state assembly decamped to APC citing crisis in PDP, I thought some people were denying there was no crisis or division in PDP. 60 members of PDP in National Assembly have also threatened to resign their membership. All these hullabaloo would strengthen the case of APC Rivers state assembly members in court.

This is not crises that has two executives, so you are justifying the decamping of Wike loyalists to APC, those ones have killed their political career for Wike. Very soon the courts will declare their seats vacant, you will remember this thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by Latidoh1: 5:31am On Apr 10
Jonathan is just not it.

1 Like

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by free2ryhme: 5:35am On Apr 10
Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by Basic123: 5:36am On Apr 10
brain54:

The narcistic old man is only interested in becoming GODFATHER to the criminalistic fraudulent stupid 66yr old lying FAKE YOUTH below

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by phemmie06(m): 5:45am On Apr 10
You're right but don't forget his age? So ou can't expect him to keep practicing partisan politics
If Obj and GEJ intervene and found you guilty, will you allowed to be sanctioned.
Instead of you to call on your members who have strongly benefited from the party but are now found in other party cos of their insatiable thirst for money to come back home and found lasting peace for your party, you're calling on a take off train to reverse

1 Like

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by happney65: 5:58am On Apr 10
Both of you,PDP and APC southern Govornors went to Asaba and agreed the party's presidential ticket should be zoned to the South.

He reach time to fulfill the promise,you didn't. Now you're asking Obasanjo and GEJ to intervene

Walahi e ni ku re

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by faceland: 6:00am On Apr 10
OBJ left PDP since 2015... and PDP (national chairman) betrayed GEJ since 2015... So?

It doesn't make sense that Jonathan should simp for PDP almost a decade later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by meditator(m): 6:09am On Apr 10
Penguin2:
Fools!

Get lost you fools!

Ndi ala!
Oga stop lying. When did Obansanjo advices them to give their ticket to Obi ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi by Krankhead: 6:11am On Apr 10
Jonathan is not a founding member/father

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South South Governors Commend President Tinubu's Coastal Highway Project / I Would’ve Escaped 11-year Trial For N4.7bn Fraud If I Had Joined APC —ladoja / Enugu Govt Orders Autopsy On Woman Allegedly Killed By Hoodlums (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.