Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,304 members, 7,829,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen (8953 Views)

Prof. Chris Imomulen 40th Birthday Photos / Prof. Chris Imumolen: An Excellent Choice For Education Minister - Henry Okoduwa / Nigeria Needs A Youth Who Demonstrated Progress In Personal Capacity - Imumolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by Unlimitedwords: 8:51am On Apr 10
Africa must begin to jettison her age-long proclivity towards sit-tight rulership often by aged and recycled politicians and embrace a new trend of dynamic, progressive and forward-looking governance system that draws inspiration from a generation of youthful leaders if she is to quickly achieve her set developmental goals and objectives.

This is the position Professor Chris Imumolen, Accord party's presidential candidate in the 2023 General Elections holds.

He believes the continent has largely under-achieved for decades because of a system of policking that has, more or less, stifled the participation of the youth in governance, thus leaving a generation of geriatric politicians and leaders who keep being recycled with nothing new to offer.

Enamoured by the recent emergence of Bissirou Diomaye Faye as Senegal's president, the academic and entrepreneur who brought some dynamism and verve into the last presidential contest in Nigeria with his robust engagements and exciting campaigns, said it was time Africa, particularly Nigeria, began to move away from what he calls the "politics of the old" to the politics of the young if she is to break free from stagnation and fulfill her full potentials.

"The emergence of Bissirou Diomaye Faye as Senegal's new president is something that has greatly encouraged me to believe that there is hope for Nigeria and Africa," Professor Imumolen said.

"That the Senegalese people chose youth, vibrancy and dynamism over age or tradition in voting in Faye -- a very young man at the age of 44 -- as their president, only re-inforces the position I have always held that youth is the way to go if we are to achieve rapid cultural, socio-economic development both as a country or continent.

"I entered the race for the presidency in Nigeria in 2022 at the age of 39, convinced that I had the wherewithal to deliver to our people good governance and the full dividends of democracy that the older generation of politicians had often promised them but never, for once, delivered on.

"Those who scoffed at the notion that a youthful president neither had the experience nor the capacity to deliver have repeatedly been made to eat humble pie as a generation of youthful presidents and prime ministers now dot the global landscape in France, UK, Italy, Chile and so on.

"I regard our slowness to grasp the wind of generational change in leadership now blowing across the world as a conservatism that will do us more harm than good as the youths are more adequately configured to lead in a world more digitalised than analogued.

"So, Faye's emergence is a wake-up call. Countries around the world are beginning to realise that the future belongs to the youth and are putting systems in place to encourage them to be more involved.

"But for the signing into law of the Not-Too-Young-To-Run bill by former president, Muhammadu Buhari a few years before he left office, I don't think I, and a few other young Nigerians would have had the opportunity to contest for public offices in the last General Elections.

"I am in no doubt that the coming of Faye will open more doors for a new generation of young leaders to burst on to the scene in the coming years," he added.

https://dailytrust.com/fayes-victory-a-wake-up-call-for-nigeria-africa-imumolen/

7 Likes

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by triple996(m): 9:59pm On Apr 10
is peter OBI a youth? grin grin grin
60yrs old youth grin grin

# hero bear
# borehole
# pandora papers
# wristwatch 4 20yrs
# wailer in black

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by ObiPandora: 9:59pm On Apr 10
Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by franchasofficia: 10:00pm On Apr 10
If you are a Nigerian or African youth, before you start to daydream to be like Faye, remember he fearlessly fought against the ruling government, criticized the ruling President's policies without fear, he also led a nationwide protest that disrupted the old political system in Senegal and guess what? He got arrested and jailed by the ruling government together with other fearless activists.

He got released from jail few days to the election and someone relinquished his Presidential ticket to him to run against the incumbent President that jailed him, and he later won.

So as a Nigerian youth, are you ready to go through these processes abi you prefer supporting politicians from your tribe just to belong and for bragging rights online?

The only Nigerian youths that are fearless like Faye are:

Nnamdi Kanu
Omoyele Sowore
Sunday Igboho
Myself

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by teeytimi: 10:00pm On Apr 10
I hope he won't end up being like Bello Yahaya of Kogi State.

I hope will perform well

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by maxiuc(m): 10:01pm On Apr 10
cheesy
Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by MrPaul2: 10:03pm On Apr 10
triple996:
is p_ndora OBI a youth? grin grin grin
Why don't you have sense? Even if it's for few minutes?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by Racoon(m): 10:03pm On Apr 10
Corrupt African geriatrics president are so intoxicated with political power that they don't want to embrace the pragdim shift.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by PointZerom: 10:04pm On Apr 10
grin

We don't even know the actual age of Tinubu let alone the primary and secondary schools he attended.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by Melagros(m): 10:04pm On Apr 10
COMRADES, would Nigeria ever wake up? When we allow religious differences and ethnicity to be cloud our political analysis
Wait a minute, is Yahaya Bello not a youth? But his leadership was a huge failure
Beta Edu too was another youth who showed her incompetence to the world

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by triple996(m): 10:06pm On Apr 10
MrPaul2:

Why don't you have sense? Even if it's for few minutes?

Answer the question

3 Likes

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by Puss360(f): 10:07pm On Apr 10
Is age a prerequisite to being a good leader??

7 Likes

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by Dittodat: 10:07pm On Apr 10
it's not just that he is young oh.
Sonko and Faye had visions and most importantly the Govt played into their hands with so many draconian steps.
I have read a lot and seen many videos of how this came about. There's more to the story than just electing a young President.
Faye was not even supposed to be the candidate. It was Sonko who was supposed to run but he was barred because he had been convicted by the Govt with some fake charges. Sonko then asked Faye to run in his place. Sonko went ahead to campaign with Faye and told the people that a vote for Faye is a vote for Sonko.
Go and listen to Sonko speak, you will respect the guy instantly. he's very brilliant, direct, and principled.
The first appointment that Faye made was to make Sonko the Prime Minister right away, so they are both running the country.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by Segzy19: 10:07pm On Apr 10
In Nigeria, the representative of the youths at the last election was a 62-year old man with white hair all over... Same youths are still clamouring for that man to represent them in 2027, when the man will be around 66 years..

Confused lots

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by Themanleshey: 10:08pm On Apr 10
They are sha looking for every means to sell this pandora to us in this country .

These people don’t love this country at all , after all we have been through , you still want us to vote for 8 year former governor in Anambra without anything tangible to show for it .

Haba now embarassed

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:09pm On Apr 10
Baba Emilokan online miscreants will never see anything bad in licking the blockos of the runaway Chicago drug criminal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by KingKO22: 10:12pm On Apr 10
Ok
Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by NwokoloOwa: 10:13pm On Apr 10
teeytimi:
I hope he won't end up being like Bello Yahaya of Kogi State.

I hope will perform well

Or George Weah of Liberia who just lost election to a grand pa after performing abysmally

4 Likes

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by petechs(m): 10:15pm On Apr 10
franchasofficia:
If you are a Nigerian or African youth, before you start to daydream to be like Faye, remember he fearlessly fought against the ruling government, criticized the ruling President's policies without fear, he also led a nationwide protest that disrupted the old political system in Senegal and guess what? He got arrested and jailed by the ruling government together with other fearless activists.

He got released from jail few months to the election and someone relinquished his Presidential ticket to him to run against the incumbent President that jailed him, and he later won.

So as a Nigerian youth, are you ready to go through these processes abi you prefer supporting politicians from your tribe just to belong and for bragging rights online?

Nnamdi Kanu
Omoyele Swore
Sunday Igboho
Myself

Who is myself? What's you name! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by Honestey: 10:16pm On Apr 10
This is true, instead of us youths attacking each other and bullying each other online over one Borehole peddler sexagenarian and other grandpas, we should decide to make me the Nigeria President. I can guarantee you that this current system that is designed to make life look like a war zone in Nigeria for everyone shall be annihilated!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by Dittodat: 10:16pm On Apr 10
Themanleshey:
They are sha looking for every means to sell this pandora to us in this country .

These people don’t love this country at all , after all we have been through , you still want us to vote for 8 year former governor in Anambra without anything tangible to show for it .

Haba now embarassed

You can never compare Peter Obi to Sonko and Faye. Go and listen to those guys and you will respect them instantly.
Obi is a complete dullard compared to Faye and Sonko.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by Dittodat: 10:17pm On Apr 10
franchasofficia:

He got released from jail few months to the election and someone relinquished his Presidential ticket to him to run against the incumbent President that jailed him, and he later won.

Nnamdi Kanu
Omoyele Swore
Sunday Igboho
Myself

He was released just 10 days before the election. Go and verify. grin

Most importantly, Sonko and Faye were not fighting the govt on a tribal basis but on the issue of good governance and subjugation to France.
The former President played into their hands by trying to run for 3rd term, trying to change the constitution, and lastly by trying to postpone the election.

They are not tribal and religious fanatics like Kanu and Igboho.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by ABANGWABOI(m): 10:19pm On Apr 10
I no longer fret for young leaders...
They are worst at leadership... And more power drunk and corrupt...
The old fools ruling us in Africa is better than the youths...
Butter truth..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by Stevenbright(m): 10:24pm On Apr 10
Is good leadership determineed by the age of the leader?

Xi JinPing of China, Narendra Modi of India, Vladimir Putin of Russia, Paul Kagame of Rwanda are all youths, right?

The problem of Nigeria is systemic. It has gone beyond just a leadership thing. This is because it is not just the ruling class who are bad or corrupt but the rot encompasses the entire spectrum of the Nigerian society.

Morals and values are nonexistent, the get rich quick syndrome is at feverish level, the criminal enterprises (yahoo, ritual wealth, kidnapping, banditry, hookup, etc) are the new normal.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by Riskymarvelous(m): 10:26pm On Apr 10
triple996:

# hero bear
# borehole
# pandora papers
# wristwatch 4 20yrs
# wailer in black
did he mention obi here sir Lack of integrity and understanding is giving some people malaria aswear

5 Likes

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by Tradman: 10:27pm On Apr 10
triple996:

# hero bear
# borehole
# pandora papers
# wristwatch 4 20yrs
# wailer in black
common waec results u no get

6 Likes

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by joefelin2345: 10:28pm On Apr 10
Dittodat:
it's not just that he is young oh.
Sonko and Faye had visions and most importantly the Govt played into their hands with so many draconian steps.
I have read a lot and seen many videos of how this came about. There's more to the story than just electing a young President.
Faye was not even supposed to be the candidate. It was Sonko who was supposed to run but he was barred because he had been convicted by the Govt with some fake charges. Sonko then asked Faye to run in his place. Sonko went ahead to campaign with Faye and told the people that a vote for Faye was a vote for Sonko.
Go and listen to Sonko speak, you will respect the guy instantly. he's very brilliant, direct, and principled.
The first appointment that Faye made was to make Sonko the Prime Minister right away, so they are both running the country.
Thanks a lot for this beautiful analysis. Don't mind them, they just want to reap where they didn't sow. Where were they when Tinubu & others were fighting for the present Democracy? They were all doing ...Sidon look..Now they are now crying ...Youth, Youth. I beg leave them joor.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by Riskymarvelous(m): 10:29pm On Apr 10
franchasofficia:

Nnamdi Kanu
Omoyele Swore
Sunday Igboho
Myself
I can choose somebody like omoyele sowore here buh you remember say most of Nigerians lack integrity and common sense because of 10kg of rice

3 Likes

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by Chidex50(m): 10:30pm On Apr 10
triple996:

# hero bear
# borehole
# pandora papers
# wristwatch 4 20yrs
# wailer in black
All you just mentioned are born out of unnecessary Hatred and evil mind. Is bear consumption not legal? The borehole he sunk for people that has been living in penury out of his own personal and private pocket a crime? Your aged grandfather president Couldn't see it with public money Nd do it. Nonsense somebody!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Faye Presidency A Wake-up Call For Nigeria, Africa -- Prof. Chris Imumolen by Riskymarvelous(m): 10:31pm On Apr 10
PointZerom:
grin

We don't even know the actual age of Tinubu let alone the primary and secondary schools he attended.

Go check Pandora newspaper

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? / Taiwo Adeniji Wins New-York Nursing Excellence Award / Osinbajo: We Won’t Allow Vast Majority Of Our People Suffer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.