Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,400 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? (1269 Views)

I Prefer A Small Firm Breast Than A Big Slipper Breast / Guys: Do You Prefer A Curvy Or Slim Lady? / She Is Not A Graduate, I Don't Know If I Should Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by bigpicture001: 6:47pm On Apr 11
Like the topic asked..why the so much preference for a graduate life partner..?

A lot of people uses that as a bench mark
Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by ThinkSmarter: 6:52pm On Apr 11
Personally, i prefer young ssce holders or nce trained graduates
I will always choose a younger woman with ssce before an older woman with degree.
Except she is still beautiful at her older age and definitely earning something.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:06pm On Apr 11
would you rather have an uneducated woman?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 7:11pm On Apr 11
MrBrownJay1:
What do u term "uneducated"? So for u education stops at acquiring a university or poly certificate?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by Dyfynezz12(m): 7:15pm On Apr 11
In Some families,u wont be rated if your wife is not a graduate
Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by tochez24(m): 7:24pm On Apr 11
MrBrownJay1:

So you think all those people that have a degree are really educated?? Lol πŸ˜†

Most women whored their lives out on campuses i tell you

I will never marry a non virgin graduate or a non virgin non graduate, it's either she's a virgin graduate or a virgin non graduate...

13 Likes

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by Wainey: 7:26pm On Apr 11
Forget graduate... Normally if you no graduate with second class upper, I no fit marry u sef

9 Likes

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by Sonnobax15(m): 7:41pm On Apr 11
lipsrsealed
My own na be say,just give me peace of mind...But at least you must know how to read,and write and sabi to interact for public......

12 Likes

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by bigpicture001: 8:23pm On Apr 11
MrBrownJay1:

Are u marrying the patners degree..? ....what if the ssce leaver who now does baking or sewing tends to become the best and most compactibler human being u hv met...? So u will never marry such person cuz of degree..?

7 Likes

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:29pm On Apr 11
tochez24:
So you think all those people that have a degree are really educated?? Lol πŸ˜†
Most women whored their lives out on campuses i tell you
I will never marry a non virgin graduate or a non virgin non graduate, it's either she's a virgin graduate or a virgin non graduate...

your type of "virgin" woman are plenty out there... virgin toto but gang-banged anus or better yet, them corner street oloshoes with reconditioned hymen (aka vaginal reconstruction surgery).

SyrusdeHansome:
What do u term "uneducated"? So for u education stops at acquiring a university or poly certificate?

the closer to university she's been, the better she will be for you...the further she is to higher education, the worse she would be. them pretty olodos are plenty plenty out there.
here is a clue: if your babe needs to bring out her phone to do basic math and/or if she cannot put a proper English sentence together, then you are on a long thing... simply dating a she-diot. na them, your gateman/houseboy/driver will chop tire!

bigpicture001:

Are u marrying the patners degree..? ....what if the ssce leaver who now does baking or sewing tends to become the best and most compactibler human being u hv met...? So u will never marry such person cuz of degree..?

as much as a degree may not be much to some, it will greatly help in your union... rather than someone bringing nothing but a dumb mind and/or someone who cant put two sentences together and cant do basic math.
if a woman cant do basic math nor cant write a simple English sentence, i can never be anything but a fukc buddy to such woman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by bigpicture001: 8:58pm On Apr 11
MrBrownJay1:

I hope u know,university degree is sought after 99% for income purposes....basic education dt helps ur reading, writing and speaking stops at end of primary school....education DT helps ur reasoning levels stops at secondary skl....

Choosing to b a lab scientist doesn't help ur reason

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:19pm On Apr 11
bigpicture001:
I hope u know,university degree is sought after 99% for income purposes....basic education dt helps ur reading, writing and speaking stops at end of primary school....education DT helps ur reasoning levels stops at secondary skl....

Choosing to b a lab scientist doesn't help ur reason

i understand that a lot of African men see an educated woman as a "too proud" woman or maybe a woman who would bring too much trouble/discussion to the family, but let me ask you this simple question: you have two identical women in every aspect whatsoever, but one has a higher education and the other has basic education....WHICH ONE WILL YOU CHOOSE (knowing that your options with one of them will be very limited jobwise)?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by bigpicture001: 10:57pm On Apr 11
MrBrownJay1:

i understand that a lot of African men see an educated woman as a "too proud" woman or maybe a woman who would bring too much trouble/discussion to the family, but let me ask you this simple question: you have two identical women in every aspect whatsoever, but one has a higher education and the other has basic education....WHICH ONE WILL YOU CHOOSE (knowing that your options with one of them will be very limited jobwise)?

Its unfair of u to limit one of them by saying job wise....the biggest woman on my street growing up is a super duper baker....sh keeps doling out 10- to 12 steps of cakes for different wedding at every weekend....sh has more fhan 25 workers who constantly dole out breads for wholesalers who line up every morning and meat pie....this woman charges about 100k for her cakes in the middle 90's....

See..? Ur main problem is sing certificate as only means to wider wealth...

my blood elder sister bought a land in lag and build two houses on different lands...u know what she does...sh is an earth resource supllier I mean sh orders sand, gravels and etc to site where housing contruction is taking place...sh didnt go to university nor HND, but very eloguent, can read and write nd very reasonable ......

My other sis which works at access can't even marry at now 42, cuz in fact no one is compatible with her as sh usually blames it..to her sh usually sees my other sis as an idiot whose business blosom to aquire so much property by herself and still titled the ownerships Mr nd mrs okoye......to her, its her sweat and her money.......

So bros ,try thinking beyond certificate, and get a better wife...working hard is different from certificate

10 Likes

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by ItisWell22(f): 11:12pm On Apr 11
ThinkSmarter:
I will always choose a younger woman with ssce before an older woman with degree.
Except she is still beautiful at her older age and definitely earning something.

There are degree holders at 20, 21.
Are they older women too? πŸ€”

While being with a graduate is cool, I prefer a truly intelligent spouse whose mind is really sharp, with street sense. ✌️

Wainey:
Forget graduate... Normally if you no graduate with second class upper, I no fit marry u sef

Omooooo πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
We dey try manage the graduate, you just dey push the bar higher. Nice one though… πŸ‘

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:29am On Apr 12
bigpicture001:

Its unfair of u to limit one of them by saying job wise....the biggest woman on my street growing up is a super duper baker....sh keeps doling out 10- to 12 steps of cakes for different wedding at every weekend....sh has more fhan 25 workers who constantly dole out breads for wholesalers who line up every morning and meat pie....this woman charges about 100k for her cakes in the middle 90's....

my blood elder sister bought a land in lag and build two houses on different lands...u know what she does...sh is an earth resource supllier I mean sh orders sand, gravels and etc to site where housing contruction is taking place...sh didnt go to university nor HND, but very eloguent, can read and write nd very reasonable ......

My other sis which works at access can't even marry at now 42, cuz in fact no one is compatible with her as sh usually blames it..to her sh usually sees my other sis as an idiot whose business blosom to aquire so much property by herself and still titled the ownerships Mr nd mrs okoye......to her, its her sweat and her money.......
So bros ,try thinking beyond certificate, and get a better wife...working hard is different from certificate

thanks for the long epistle, now CARE TO ANSWER THE QUESTION?
as much as having an educated woman has absolutely nothing to do with money (but instead bigger future prospect), i can see that you misunderstood my whole point. even if your future wife never works a day in her life, the fact that she has a sound intelligent mind is highly rewarding to a man who will have to spend the rest of his life with her. the bigger her brain, the more interesting interaction you will have with her.

here is something absolutely mind twisting (to me) that many people (i wont say "sistas" out of respect) couldnt even solve without using a calculator/phone. ask your so called secondary school graduate the following simple math question:
if i go to the market and lady tells me that a dozen eggs is 12kobos, how many eggs can i get for 1naira?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:30am On Apr 12
bigpicture001:

as much as having an educated woman has absolutely nothing to do with money (but instead bigger future prospect), i can see that you misunderstood my whole point. even if your future wife never works a day in her life, the fact that she has a sound intelligent mind is highly rewarding to a man who will have to spend the rest of his life with her. the bigger her brain, the more interesting interaction you will have with her.

here is something absolutely mind twisting (to me) that many people (i wont say "sistas" out of respect) couldnt even solve without using a calculator/phone. ask your so called secondary school graduate the following simple math question:
if i send you to the market and lady tells you that a dozen eggs is 12kobos, how many eggs can you get for 1naira?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by eazzzy1(m): 1:18am On Apr 12
Unless I’m intentional about finding a non graduate, I will end up with a graduate. Every girl I’m close to today has atleast a degree.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by Sapasenator: 2:04am On Apr 12
To avoid mgbeke children na.
Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by policy12: 7:57am On Apr 12
Let me speak from experience, when I wanted to married degree was one of the criteria I used then, and not even HND I specifically said it must be a University grad. As a banker then, I saw how HND was being rubbish so I opted for a BSC holder.

Brethren, I can tell u with my full chest that was one of the greatest mistake in my life.I lost everything, I mean everything. She later left, cuz I lost my job and I can't provide for the huz. It took God in His infinite mercy and help from friends to make a way for me and I bounce back. Now, such criteria is not in my book, first thing is attitude, peace of mind, is she God fearing, etc.

May we not married wrongly both as a male/female. I tell u, all this saying she must be this and that will vanish into a thin air. I pray God give us a good man/woman as our spouse. Degree, wealth, beauty, just name it does not make a home or happy marriage life.

Beyond the charades, what makes a home is deeper than what will see. May God help us in Jesus name.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by bigpicture001: 8:43am On Apr 12
MrBrownJay1:

if i send you to the market and lady tells you that a dozen eggs is 12kobos, how many eggs can you get for 1naira?

Even 96% bankers cannot answer this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by bigpicture001: 8:55am On Apr 12
policy12:
Let me speak from experience, when I wanted to married degree was one of the criteria I used then, and not even HND I specifically said it must be a University grad. As a banker then, I saw how HND was being rubbish so I opted for a BSC holder.

Brethren, I can tell u with my full chest that was one of the greatest mistake in my life.I lost everything, I mean everything. She later left, cuz I lost my job and I can't provide for the huz. It took God in His infinite mercy and help from friends to make a way for me and I bounce back. Now, such criteria is not in my book, first thing is attitude, peace of mind, is she God fearing, etc.

May we not married wrongly both as a male/female. I tell u, all this saying she must be this and that will vanish into a thin air. I pray God give us a good man/woman as our spouse. Degree, wealth, beauty, just name it does not make a home or happy marriage life.

Beyond the charades, what makes a home is deeper than what will see. May God help us in Jesus name.

Lesson for the unmarried....sorry bro for the turbulence...I keep telling ppl dt degree is meant for jobs and not home....compatibility ,sacrifices, love above all makes a good home.....not degree qualifications!!!!!
Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by pansophist(m): 9:17am On Apr 12
Not necessarily a graduate but a spouse who is educated. Lots of people confuse certification with education. Lots of graduates (certificated individuals) are morons.

So an educated partner makes life easier. It's like the difference between the capabilities of an iPhone 15 compared to a Nokia 3310. Communication, comprehension, emotional intelligence, and duty, are easy with an educated partner etc.

You don't want a lady who is under the spell of her pastor or imam, or a man-child that leads his family through the influence of YouTube and his grandma.

You don't want to suffer from useless problems such as your spouse seeing your eloquence as "blowing too much grammar" or/and being proud.

The point of education is to refine yourself because, by default, every human is just like an unrefined diamond. Your education, character, religion, tradition, belief, etc makes you better and an asset to humanity.

Being a graduate or having a degree doesn't make one refined, it's just one of the channels of self-actualization, but not the only way. Many evils that plague the world are done by certificated folks who are scum.

Not just two heads, but two good heads are better than one. So yes, an educated individual will make a great spouse, but if the choice is between a good person who is uneducated and whoever, then the good individual becomes the ideal.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by Elzazzi: 9:37am On Apr 12
Wainey:

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by blazingyou: 10:38am On Apr 12
In marriage is not all about degree or an highly PhD holder

It is peace of mind, true friendship, just natural likeness for your spouse and most of all a determine heart of making a HOME.

If you miss it in marriage, you will regret half of your life.

Degree is good infact PERFECT but do not let your desire of it blind you from see other things.

Let the degree be the ice on the cake.
Be focus

I sell Fabulous Ankara fabric. 100% cotton

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by policy12: 11:28am On Apr 12
bigpicture001:

Lesson for the unmarried....sorry bro for the turbulence...I keep telling ppl dt degree is meant for jobs and not home....compatibility ,sacrifices, love above all makes a good home.....not degree qualifications!!!!!

Thank u so much, I appreciate though I have moved on but the scar is so visible like d breaking of a new day.

Most time the unmarried seems to have a better advice. May God help us all and bless every home, I don't wish my friends/enemy to go tru what I went tru with my ex.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by Eunoiaa(f): 1:00pm On Apr 12
...because to each their own.

People are only defined by such status symbols to some extent, and some like it like that. Others don't care for what you own or possess, but for who you are as a person.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by bigpicture001: 1:02pm On Apr 12
policy12:

Thank u so much, I appreciate though I have moved on but the scar is so visible like d breaking of a new day.

Most time the unmarried seems to have a better advice. May God help us all and bless every home, I don't wish my friends/enemy to go tru what I went tru with my ex.

Its been long ago I knew that educated ladies working with their certification marries only class, they don't care about the man..they care more about the societal levels and how peers view them....hence the class is gone, even if u are nice, they lose the desire for u....

Only fools marry certificate working ladies only for reason of being a working class lady....e go shock u

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by tanigororo: 2:08pm On Apr 12
At least for my children
Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by GreatOchuks: 4:14pm On Apr 12
Imagine marrying a wife in this current dispensation who can't teach your kids basic Maths and English
Or speak up in PTA meetings
Or represent you properly in your absence in front of your clients
Or the one who will have perpetual inferiority complex,,, (I am with one as I write ) ,,, any small thing ,, Na because say I no go school finish Na ,,, how wish I go school etc ...

Nah , graduate is not even enough, you must have done your Masters (preferably Abroad) for me to see a future with you o...

Who no like better thing.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by GreatOchuks: 4:16pm On Apr 12
bigpicture001:

For me ,, Never !!!
Her kind should marry her kind .

I know a Professor whose wife is also a Prof ,, that's how it should be .
Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by GreatOchuks: 4:19pm On Apr 12
MrBrownJay1:

your type of "virgin" woman are plenty out there... virgin toto but gang-banged anus or better yet, them corner street oloshoes with reconditioned hymen (aka vaginal reconstruction surgery).

the closer to university she's been, the better she will be for you...the further she is to higher education, the worse she would be. them pretty olodos are plenty plenty out there.
here is a clue: if your babe needs to bring out her phone to do basic math and/or if she cannot put a proper English sentence together, then you are on a long thing... simply dating a she-diot. na them, your gateman/houseboy/driver will chop tire!

as much as a degree may not be much to some, it will greatly help in your union... rather than someone bringing nothing but a dumb mind and/or someone who cant put two sentences together and cant do basic math.
if a woman cant do basic math nor cant write a simple English sentence, i can never be anything but a fukc buddy to such woman.

Simple , she should go for her kind ...

They always want to marry high ,, we too , the Men have now resolved to marry high too

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Prefer A "Graduate" Spouse...? by idahme(m): 4:31pm On Apr 12
ThinkSmarter:

What I don't really understand is a graduate who has past her prime sexual market value still looking for who to carry her financial baggage grin . Aunty you old pass me and you want me to adopt you? Never grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Assistant Boyfriend / Do You Know Any Nigerian Radio Station Online : / Relationships Across The Ocean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.