Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,015 members, 7,838,554 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 (10727 Views)

GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards / National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List / Patrick Obahiagbon On National Awards! The Guy Dey Vex! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by doja1: 8:15pm On Nov 18, 2011
I think it is okay for them to give out as many as they wish, but for God sake can they just give the awards to only people that really deserve to be recognized of which there are thousands!
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by mensdept: 8:26pm On Nov 18, 2011
Funny enough some reasonable folks have rejected these useless awards. You know we have "Senators", and "Governors", "Pastors" and so many other titles that criminals take in order to legitimize their stink, whereas in serious countries, people are ready to deal with them for not living up to their responsibilities.
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by Afam4eva(m): 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2011
Awards in Nigeria is just something you give to friends, relations or people you want to make friends with. That explains why different administrations are trying as much as possible to outdo the previous administrations by dashing awards like father christmas. Only God will judge our rulers.
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 18, 2011
We escaped from the monster called obasanjo and embraced a disaster called goodluck. Sad
His fresh air award to his monkey men and women is useless.
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by Akiika: 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2011
@Jason123 and @Rossikk, are you guys suggesting that those awards aren't somewhat on the high side? You agree that Afiz Ringim, Akpabio, Dangote and the other polilooters all deserve the senseless award? common guys be objective, this ain't nothing about inferiority complex. Even if you don't use any benchmark, dishing out those awards to any tom, dick and harry doesn't make any sense? You don't reward criminals with national honors.
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2011
Very soon Boko Haram will get an AWARD
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by MeGaStReEt: 9:40pm On Nov 18, 2011
If it was the other way round, people like the OP will still complain
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by inene: 10:08pm On Nov 18, 2011
What is being as national award here is the American Medal of Science which is not like our National Awards. We have our own equivelence and i am not sure we have given as much as 200. Lets be sure of the facts please and its easy to find things like this
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 10:50pm On Nov 18, 2011
What are the facts?
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by poweredcom(m): 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2011
Nigeria is just a Place for Quantity not quality ok
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by jascon1(m): 11:54pm On Nov 18, 2011
ashawo dem suppose to get awards too. even boko haram. thieves dey receive award for his country. os they have contributed immensely to the building of this country.
is it not on merit. it is bulshit. dont support nonsense.
the only worthy one for these awards is Chinua Achebe. That is a man who knows the worth of a national honour.
we are not larger than the US nor do we have more patriotic heroes. these are awards for EXCEPTIONAL contributions. Not like the annual NMA or NMVA.
too many makes it lose it worth. This is not complex at all. Judging by the immense worth that is behind national honours, we can rightly that we get it wrong.
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by frixy(m): 12:01am On Nov 19, 2011
thumbs up to Achebe 4 actually rejecting d award.i mean an award characterized with so much political gimmickry,abt 60% are actually political appointees,and those are people actually in support of jonathan's removal of fuel subsidy.D man can not debase himself to such conditions.I don't mean to paint d awards black,but truth be told,the Nigerian national awards has lost its actual worth,
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by FEMARY1: 12:27am On Nov 19, 2011
I cant see any reasonable justification for this.Its just an attempt to squeeze out  money from people.

Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by Outstrip(f): 1:38am On Nov 19, 2011
Actually this is the problem with Nigeria. Culturally you are rewarded for being useless. It is just our culture. Whenever I say it I get accused for being Americanized. You are rewarded just because you are a man even if you are as useless as mud. A boss is rewarded simply because he buys a bag of rice for all his employees for Christmas even though he never even bothers to show up at work. A governor is worse than unproductive yet people sing his praises because he fixed one road. Culturally you cannot even call someone out for not being productive. It shows all over Nigeria. From the typical Nigerian that will sing the praises of the governor that shuts down businesses and schools so his daughter can get married to the governor who does not see why people are outraged because of his cavalier attitude to a public raping. These are the kinds of people will reward so they will continue to think that they are doing something right. Meanwhile to the rest of the world it is a country filled with aimless and lawless people.
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by member479760: 2:12am On Nov 19, 2011
samething with professorship!
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by runsgirl: 6:03am On Nov 19, 2011
@ post.

That means my own award is on the way wink
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by micawber(m): 6:17am On Nov 19, 2011
[size=20pt]A w a r d i n g f a i l u r e s ![/size]
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by cchioke: 7:17am On Nov 19, 2011
imagine aki,because he acts some stupid mischieviuos films was given an award, why on this planet earth should that guy be given a national honour?this award of a thing is sickening i dont even read the news any longer big joke
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by badaru1(m): 7:33am On Nov 19, 2011
The way we are going,by year 2020 everybody in nigeria will get award
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by SamMilla1(m): 7:47am On Nov 19, 2011
who cares, let usa follow our lead on this one. must we do everything their own way ?
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by Michael13(m): 8:48am On Nov 19, 2011
, award, yafuyafu!! Just bring thy cash! grin
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by folahann(m): 10:19am On Nov 19, 2011
USA is too stingy with their awards. Well that is UsA and this is Nigeria.

Will like to know the statistics of other countries.
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by ayex0001: 10:40am On Nov 19, 2011
Get free downloading codes, how to generate recharge card nombas, how to hack and crack, how to be a real programmer in minutes, secrets and the legit ways of making online all on
www . naijatechzone . com
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by ayex0001: 10:45am On Nov 19, 2011
Get free downloading codes, how to generate recharge card nombas, how to hack and crack, how to be a real programmer in minutes, secrets and the legit ways of making online all on
www . naijatechzone . com
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by richjohn1(m): 11:23am On Nov 19, 2011
Hey, all
I was actually waiting to see if my mentor will fail my hands on this <Chinua Achebe> talking literature wise, I really panicked he will soil his hand in that mess thank God he didn't I would lose all my respect for that reputable genius!

Nigeria is one big Joke! Thanks papa Achebe once again "a good name is better that A NONSENSE AWARD!"

Anyway I pray one day that our strength of Revolutionalism will finally unleash its power of unrestrained wrath and cler this country of jokers!!!! angry
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by crackhouse(m): 12:15pm On Nov 19, 2011
A nigerian banker{ i think he's the only banker among the recepients and he is from the south eastern part of nigeria} based in south africa was among the recepients of this year's national award simply for returning some money that was mistakenly credited to his account. The reason they gave was that, the banker did Nigeria proud by returning the money and that's why they gave him an Award. Now, my question is, if that guy did not return that money, do u think the S.A govt wouldn't have find out?. He just did himself good by returning the money because that money can easily be traced to his account anytime and if he had waited for that time, it would have been a big problem to him. So, why giving him an award? Beside, Is he the only person that have done that?. I think the national award is valueless and is becoming a childish thing everyday
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by nex(m): 8:45pm On Nov 20, 2011
GEJ himself dashed out more than 2 times more awards in one day than the USA has given out in 200 years. Hail Emperor Ebele!
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by kg(f): 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2011
violent:

Exactly!  3,924 awards generously splashed out to the wealthiest and the most famous individuals, several of them who have bled the country than build it, is just the right way to show that Nigeria values her people
True talk!

Connection+Nepotism= National Awards
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by gogodaye(m): 9:09am On Nov 22, 2011
What accounts for the disparity in the number of awards can only be explained thus: In the USA criminals get 'branded', publicly shamed and put away in prison to serve as a deterrent to others. Whilst the converse is the case back home in Nigeria, the majority of the awardees are folks who in sane/rational societies would have been publicly shamed and put away in prison as a deterrent to others. See notable example, Prof. A. Oba,[ Ex, VC, Unillorin, who had corruption charges against him withdrawn to facilitate his being appointed the chairman of the Fed. Character Commission, ] Your guess in the cirecumstances should be as bad as mine. Naija the land were all evil deeds are possible.
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 10, 2012
Money bring fame and fortune, its a fact that cannot be disputed!
Re: The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 by folahann(m): 8:29am On Sep 10, 2012
Now another 149 to be added to the awarded. GEJ the award father christmas

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo 2016: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Ogiemwonyi Tells APC Delegates / Buhari: Lack Of Employment Major Contributor To Insecurity / What Can Be Done To Stop The Flooding In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.