Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% (9506 Views)

Inflation Rises From 29.90 To 31.70 Percent In February / Peace Accord: Tinubu Puts His Hands In His Pockets During The National Anthem / Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:16pm On Apr 16
helinues:
Na only government we sabi criticizing, how about the wicked people providing goods and services which refused to lower the price of things even after dollars fallen?

ur govt is wicked... deal with it!
cool

2 Likes

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Confirm4real(m): 3:21pm On Apr 16
It will favour me and my family cheesy

APC is a disaster...

1 Like

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by TheOgaBoss: 3:25pm On Apr 16
jmoore:
CBN should increase interest rates again. Textbook economics in the mud.
don't mind our leaders, increasing interest rates without increase in production does not check inflation, simple law of demand and supply.

1 Like

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Angeloihe: 3:29pm On Apr 16
This is what is actually going on

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Bimpe29: 3:30pm On Apr 16
Economy will be stronger than what it is today. Our fingers are crossed.
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by missidy: 3:32pm On Apr 16
It's just crazy. Cowbell milk that I bought 3,500 last month is now 5,500 everywhere. I just bought 3crowns milk and left. After all it is better than cowbell that doesn't even dissolve in water. I don't understand where we are heading to in this country.

2 Likes

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Ukiadepoju(m): 3:33pm On Apr 16
ogododo:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/more-pressures-on-pockets-as-food-inflation-rises-to-40/

And if i may ask, what is the usefulness of this dollar coming down to $1=#1,000? i believe this should make prices of things at the market come down. may God help Nigeria and may Nigeria succeed in Jesus name. Amen
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by tctrills: 3:48pm On Apr 16
helinues:
Na only government we sabi criticizing, how about the wicked people providing goods and services which refused to lower the price of things even after dollars fallen?

Stop fooling yourself. Your problem is caused by the government you voted for but you prefer to blame citizens like you.
If you don't know how markets work or how prices are set ask someone please.
If the inflation is artificial and caused by greedy traders, it will fall in no time. But it's not artificial. It's a result of failed and failing policies of APC

2 Likes

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by tollyboy5(m): 4:32pm On Apr 16
Nazgul:

Let me clarify it here that import duty was never reduced. Peter Obi suggested it towards the end of last year to Tinubu in order to reduce the burden on the masses, but nothing happened.

Dollar is dropping, but import duty remains the same. Who are they deceiving?

50kg rice is now sold for 51k and it's not trending on social media. Do you think you're taking to a child. It won't take me 30 seconds to put a call across to dealers to get their prices.

And guess what...I just did. Foreign rice as of today in Gbagada Lagos is 77k. So please stop lying.

The way you Tinubu supporters lie just to make him look good is one of the reasons why we can't trust him. Cos everything about him is propaganda.
You're just an ignorant fellow. Those that buy rice ₦57k in Ibadan and those that bought theirs ₦51k in ifo Ogun state are robot because as a bitterobi fan you and your mumu dealer are not pleased.
You can continue to patronize your bitterobi dealers that don't want to drop price while we patronize sane people that has brain.
Rubbish!
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by OvertheTop(m): 4:50pm On Apr 16
motionarena:
I think is high time we wage war against greedy and evil distributors and marketers.

A product I use to buy for 2k before Naira depreciation went as high as 3k now the dollar has been steadily decreasing the same product is going for 4.7k

They are the ones suffering Nigerians

Especially the Wholesales that get Goods directly from the Manufacturer...
They Refuse to Reduce the price of the Goods as directed by the manufacturers or importer

1 Like

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by OvertheTop(m): 4:58pm On Apr 16
bentenny:

Has transportation cost reduced?
Has electricity cost increased or decreased?
Keep that in mind before making another ignorant comment!

Transport Cost has Been Constant in the Last 4 Months
FUEL Cost has Been Constant in the Last 4 Months
Electricity Cost has Been Constant in the Last 4 Months
and Now the Naira is Appreciating against the Dollar

So there is No justification for the increase in Nigerian Goods and services every day (it is Criminal to be increasing cost on purpose )
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by BigManny: 4:59pm On Apr 16
So what's the effect or need of Naira gain towards the Dollar?
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Lumarstone: 5:01pm On Apr 16
helinues:

Goverment is not doing the needful becz the government has no clear vision on what is called governance. Tinubu failed Nigerians from day one. APC is a disappointment to Nigerians. Tinubu led federal government is a disaster.

1 Like

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Saintinoo(m): 5:08pm On Apr 16
[quote author=motionarena post=129468926]

Ok I understand
But do but do not say dollar depreciation should not also affect prices.

What cause indomie super pack to sell at 18k from 8k?

Understand dollar depreciation is expected to affect the prices of imported goods, but not just immediately.

There are many factors that made indomie price shut up. That is a manufacturing problem,things like price of diesel, labour, logistics are key to increase in the price of indomie.
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Everydaylove: 5:43pm On Apr 16
There are consequences after taking certain decisions. NIGERIA is gone no thanks to this evil party.

1 Like

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Acidosis(m): 5:49pm On Apr 16
The more Nigeria adheres to western-made economic principles and theories, the further the country declines. It's as simple as that. You can't do everything in an abnormal way (e.g., corruption) and expect normal/sane economic principles to align. Something has to give way.
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by bentenny(m): 5:53pm On Apr 16
OvertheTop:

Transport Cost has Been Constant in the Last 4 Months
FUEL Cost has Been Constant in the Last 4 Months
Electricity Cost has Been Constant in the Last 4 Months
and Now the Naira is Appreciating against the Dollar

So there is No justification for the increase in Nigerian Goods and services every day (it is Criminal to be increasing cost on purpose )

What are factors that affect goods and services in terms of increment?

High Transport cost due to cost of diesel and fuel
Multiplicity of taxes eg bakers have over 32 different taxes
Electricity hike and no electricity
Increase in tariff but little or no electricity
Insecurity

Please tell me which one has reduced since the artificial appreciation of naira?

You said electricity has been constant for 4 months and I ask if you actually reside in Nigeria because for the last fours months the national grid has collapsed more than 3 times...even after restoration,there is still no power even for the band A subscribers.....so please I ask....where is the constant power for the last 4 months?

What you should be telling your paymasters is to remind him about the promises he made about getting CNG buses that will aid and ease farmers who transport their raw crops from the rural to urban areas while demanding for atleast a constant power supply!

In a nutshell,where there is little or no power supply,a businessman will resort to alternative power which is far more expensive and that will be added to his production cost....

Where there is increase in diesel and pms,a business outfit will input this increment to it's production cost ,hence prices of goods and services will increase!

Where there is an increase in the multiplicity of taxes,companies will unfortunately add this to their production cost and the customers will be the victim's!

This is no politics or rocket science.....it's the reality that an average SME company faces everyday!

1 Like

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by patrickcollins: 8:22pm On Apr 16
helinues:

NNPC with inflation in food.

See, make una stop all this incoherency on my mentions
Yes NNPC can trigger inflation in food, energy mostly diesel is used in manufacturing sector, it is almost a thousand plus per liter, so it has a negative impact on food production and movement

1 Like

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by patrickcollins: 8:24pm On Apr 16
Racoon:
Dollar going down but food inflation and insecurity everywhere
Dollar that was #700 when he took over how is it going down

1 Like

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by OChimex: 9:26pm On Apr 16
helinues:

How can you lower your price when your electricity tariff has been jacked up?
In case you don't know, people still clear their goods from wharf with over 1,200 exchange rate, yet dollar sells for lower than 1150.
Fuel price still the same. Cooking gas increasing. Kerosene the same.
Na from the market wey you dey sell you fit pay for all these things wey their prices they go higher

1 Like

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by ogashman(m): 11:04pm On Apr 16
tollyboy5:
I created a thread where people are getting bag of foreign rice as low as ₦57k
Some people on the thread get theirs ₦51k per bag.
Nlfpmod no push am go front page
But inflation thread don reach frontpage.

How much was a bag of rice two yrs ago?

1 Like

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by tollyboy5(m): 11:19pm On Apr 16
ogashman:

How much was a bag of rice two yrs ago?
No ask me jamb question. Go two years ago go buy ur rice.
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by OvertheTop(m): 10:35am On Apr 17
bentenny:

What are factors that affect goods and services in terms of increment?

High Transport cost due to cost of diesel and fuel
Multiplicity of taxes eg bakers have over 32 different taxes
Electricity hike and no electricity
Increase in tariff but little or no electricity
Insecurity

Please tell me which one has reduced since the artificial appreciation of naira?

You said electricity has been constant for 4 months and I ask if you actually reside in Nigeria because for the last fours months the national grid has collapsed more than 3 times...even after restoration,there is still no power even for the band A subscribers.....so please I ask....where is the constant power for the last 4 months?

What you should be telling your paymasters is to remind him about the promises he made about getting CNG buses that will aid and ease farmers who transport their raw crops from the rural to urban areas while demanding for atleast a constant power supply!

In a nutshell,where there is little or no power supply,a businessman will resort to alternative power which is far more expensive and that will be added to his production cost....

Where there is increase in diesel and pms,a business outfit will input this increment to it's production cost ,hence prices of goods and services will increase!

Where there is an increase in the multiplicity of taxes,companies will unfortunately add this to their production cost and the customers will be the victim's!

This is no politics or rocket science.....it's the reality that an average SME company faces everyday!

I am Speaking solely as a Consumer of Products sold and a salary earner. NOT as a defender of the current Government because things are really bad.

I see you are probably a Wholesaler or a Retailer Trying to justify the continuous increase in Goods and services.
but i put it to u, Most of your excuses for everyday increase in local foods are invalid because most have been constant for the last 4 months

What i see is Greed in you guys.

Well, enjoy yourself. Most of us are a tiny Reflection of the Leaders we complain about.

We all go dey alright las las
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by bentenny(m): 1:51pm On Apr 17
OvertheTop:

I am Speaking solely as a Consumer of Products sold and a salary earner. NOT as a defender of the current Government because things are really bad.

I see you are probably a Wholesaler or a Retailer Trying to justify the continuous increase in Goods and services.
but i put it to u, Most of your excuses for everyday increase in local foods are invalid because most have been constant for the last 4 months

What i see is Greed in you guys.

Well, enjoy yourself. Most of us are a tiny Reflection of the Leaders we complain about.

We all go dey alright las las
😂😂😂
I am neither a wholesaler nor retailer but I have enough knowledge about both value chains to give you a better understanding of what they are passing through!

You were honest enough to admit you are not only a consumer but a salary earner hence you have zero idea of what induces cost!

Even the company that you work for will at one point have to increase the prices of its products or services to meet up with the payment of your salaries and other recurring expenses that have quadrupled!

This is inevitable due to what I had explicitly detailed for you on my last comment!

I am also aware and acknowledge that some elements in the production value chain will likely want to take advantage of the flaws left behind by the FG to ridiculously increase prices,however,you cannot dismiss the obvious lapses or deficiencies that influence the price of goods and services!

Until that is tackled,prices will keep rising no matter how much naira appreciates!
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by ivandragon: 6:48am On Apr 18
Lol.

Look at apc minions foaming at the might like rabid dogs trying to defend incompetence.

If not for sane Nigerians speaking up and dragging bat, the country would have been worse off because the man WAS not concerned, after all, he came only for himself.
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by ShoeGetSize: 7:53am On Apr 24
You can only deceive people who want to be deceived, smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East / What’s The Point Of A First Lady? - Tabia Princewill / What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.