Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,345 members, 7,829,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

If You Are Poor In Nigeria Its Not Your Fault - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Are Poor In Nigeria Its Not Your Fault (354 Views)

IF YOU Are Poor or From a Poor Home, Read This [Picture] / This White American Woman Said The Poor In Africa Starve / Being Broke At 25 Means You Are Poor - Lady Says. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are Poor In Nigeria Its Not Your Fault by woojin: 2:24pm On Apr 17
I have been working as a labourer in a construction sites and other places for 15 good years and i have nothing to show. I started working since when i was 15years old now i am 30 without any achievement, i sponsored myself through secondary and university with my hard earned money and to get a job is a herculean task and seems impossible. I am angry and keep blaming myself for my poverty thinking that i am not working hard enough, then just lately it occured to me that no matter how hard i will work i cant work harder than Nigerian economy. Now my blame goes directly to Nigeria. Now i see the reason why people japa. There is girl that i have chatting with, she lives in the UK, she is 18years old, and started working 2years ago in a gas filling station. She now owns a car and go for vacation to another country every year, while me that worked for 15years cannot even afford an android phone. NIGERIA IS TRULY A DESTINY.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Poor In Nigeria Its Not Your Fault by Wainey: 2:44pm On Apr 17
Trust me, even if they put you in heaven, you will still not be successful.
The first step to being successful is clarity of goals and not working hard for 15years.

Once u have a clear goal, you divide the goals into small achievable portions then you get to work to achieve that goal, everything you do is a little progress towards that goal.

Let me explain
Let's say ur goal is N50m before u die.
At first u save 7k monthly and in a year, u might have saved 70k, then u start a small business and save maybe 12k monthly, after a year u will save 150k, u get a POS machine and allow someone to run it for you, u will save 10k from that POS, that is now saving 22k monthly, after another one year, u buy a motorcycle second hand and give it for daily pay, u will easily jump to saving 50k at least monthly, in four years u start saving 50k monthly.
Though it's a slow process but in 10-13years, u could be saving 500k monthly

1 Like

Re: If You Are Poor In Nigeria Its Not Your Fault by Nazgul: 2:51pm On Apr 17
woojin:
I have been working as a labourer in a construction sites and other places for 15 good years and i have nothing to show. I started working since when i was 15years old now i am 30 without any achievement, i sponsored myself through secondary and university with my hard earned money and to get a job is a herculean task and seems impossible. I am angry and keep blaming myself for my poverty thinking that i am not working hard enough, then just lately it occured to me that no matter how hard i will work i cant work harder than Nigerian economy. Now my blame goes directly to Nigeria. Now i see the reason why people japa. There is girl that i have chatting with, she lives in the UK, she is 18years old, and started working 2years ago in a gas filling station. She now owns a car and go for vacation to another country every year, while me that worked for 15years cannot even afford an android phone. NIGERIA IS TRULY A DESTINY.
If you worked as a labourer for 15 years and you're still poor, it's your fault. Cos by now, you're supposed to be an engineer building houses for people not carrying blocks up and down.

Do you know what 15 years as a labourer means? You'll know where every beam, rod, concrete...etc should be without even waiting for confirmation from the engineer.

I know a handful of engineers in the SE who started out as labourers. They never attended any university neither do they have any kind or form of certifications, yet they're getting contracts to build houses worth millions.

Your problem is that you were just contented in carrying blocks and mixing concrete. Cos I don't understand how you'll do that for 15 years and don't know how to effectively supervise the construction of a building from start to finish. You're not a deep thinker.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Poor In Nigeria Its Not Your Fault by emelda86(f): 3:20pm On Apr 17
In Nigeria out of 200million people 190million dey poor na national disaster.
Re: If You Are Poor In Nigeria Its Not Your Fault by 1000Capacity(m): 5:38pm On Apr 17
emelda86:
In Nigeria out of 200million people 190million dey poor na national disaster.

You think say naa play when dem call Nigeria the Poverty Capital of the world?
You want to be rich in the poverty capital of the world angry
Re: If You Are Poor In Nigeria Its Not Your Fault by Truvelisback(m): 5:53pm On Apr 17
woojin:
Success in Naija in most cases, it's not how hardworking you are but who you know or by connection. I know several people who got good paying jobs because their fathers or people connected them. Look at Tinubu's son for example, he bought a wrist watch that worth #346M. Ask yourself, na which work him dey do?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Poor In Nigeria Its Not Your Fault by Sapasenator: 7:29am On Apr 18
Even if you were given N50million Naira today. You will still be poor in about 10 years.

Poverty seems to be your default mode with this mentality.

Just make peace with poverty ok?
Re: If You Are Poor In Nigeria Its Not Your Fault by Urexcellency: 7:39am On Apr 18
Oga, haba... 15 years as a labourer and you didn't learn anything, that's crazy.
Don't blame anybody or any country, it's just that you didn't define what you want.
If you can't learn to be a construction manager, you can learn to be either Plumber, electrician, Mason etc.
It's never too late though.
woojin:

(1) (Reply)

Post Of MR.NL / Earn 0.025g Gold = N172.84 Daily With Bitgold. Account Denominated In Naira! / Raksha Bandhan Latest Messages 2015 Text | 2015 SMS Of Raksha Bandhan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.