Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Surprised By Asking Her Out - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Surprised By Asking Her Out (1282 Views)

For Guys That Think Caring Is By Asking Ur Gal Question Like / This Woman Makes Over N2m A Month By Asking Her 54 Boyfriends For Abortion Money / You Will Be Surprised. Some Things Guys Look At First On A Woman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surprised By Asking Her Out by kanmosyl(m): 8:08am On Sep 21, 2007
I recently had an experience with a girl who only wanted to be friends, and I'm not sure what went wrong. I originally met Jenny in a bar about four months ago and I thought we hit it off quite well. She and a friend had just moved to the area and they didn't really know anyone, so she was happy to meet a nice guy like myself. She asked for my email address and said she was going to email me about hanging out in the future.

However, when I asked for her phone number, she didn't give it to me saying she had my email address and that was good enough. I took this to mean she wasn't really interested in me and I forgot about her (and I never got an email from her either). Sure enough, three whole months later, I'm in a bar when I see a girl coming towards me with an excited look on her face. It was Jenny! And boy was she happy to see me. Before I could say anything, she started apologizing profusely for not sending me an email, saying she had lost the paper that had my address on it. She then began asking me what I was doing on weekends and saying how she wanted to hang out really badly. (She said she was still having a hard time meeting new people). She also asked for my phone number, which I gave her, and this time she was happy to give me her phone number also. So after that night I was excited and thought she was definitely into me, because she didn't have to come up and say hi to me in the bar, she could have just ignored me or pretended she didn't see me,

So a few days later I call her up and agree that a group of my friends and her friends will hang out that friday night. It ended up being a group of five people and we all had a good time. Jenny was happy to see me and we had some fun conversation, but I felt like she wasn't giving me any positive signals (example: Instead of sitting next to me on the couch, she sits two seats over). Also, a lot of her conversation was directed at the whole group, and I was disappointed she wasn't paying more attention to me.

I talked to my friends about this and they told me it was probably because she was shy and also because we were in a big group so it would have been awkward and embarrassing for her to give me positive signals in front of other friends. So I ended up visiting her after work one day the next week, when it would just be the two of us.

This time we had a better time, because we could exclusively talk to one another without other people around. At the end of the night I decided to ask her out, because I knew if I waited any longer I would probably fall into the friends trap. Sure enough, she was very surprised by my asking her out, and she said she only wanted to be friends, because she would feel "uncomfortable" if we took the relationship to the next step. I assumed maybe she just wasn't
interested in dating a guy, but then a couple weeks later she tells my female friend on instant messenger (who hung out with us one of the times) that she has been casually looking at online personals because it's hard to meet guys in a city where she doesn't know anyone.

So what went wrong here? Why was she so excited to see me in the bar three
months later, only to be shocked when I ask her out and say she only wants
to be friends? And why would she not be interested in going on one date with
me, but she is interested in going on a date with a total stranger she meets
on the Internet?
Re: Surprised By Asking Her Out by olanajim(m): 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2007
It is called wussy!

She guess that you are a wussy. That is all.
Re: Surprised By Asking Her Out by olanajim(m): 11:27pm On Sep 21, 2007
It is called wussy!

She guess that you are a wussy. That is all.
Re: Surprised By Asking Her Out by rachiwise(f): 2:55pm On Sep 23, 2007
@Olanajim
Could you pls explain wussy
Re: Surprised By Asking Her Out by Greenishland(f): 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2019
Girl may not like a guy that drinks

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between The Term Lust And Love? / My Friend Cameron Barrett Sharpe / There Are More Lonely Men Than Women In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.