Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

“So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife (30519 Views)

What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam / Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) / What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by bewla(m): 3:36pm On Apr 18
blackmantis:
She should have replied "and you drink rotten barley"
liquor
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Angelfrost(m): 3:37pm On Apr 18
Thundafireseun:

Truth be told jare …

Fufu smells so badly….

My kid bro who got married to an Igbo girl from IMO state since 2012 doesn’t eat Fufu just because of the awful smell

There's absolutely nothing awful about the smell... It's simply unique.

I personally can't stand the smell of Palm wine... Yet I won't insensitively call it awful.

4 Likes

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by maasoap(m): 3:39pm On Apr 18
He doesn't know the word "fermented" cassava?

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Angelfrost(m): 3:40pm On Apr 18
Ndubuisipaul1:
Let's not be sentimental . It's hard to eat food from people from other countries. When I perceive the aroma of Indian food my stomach turn. It was awful.

Even as a Nigerian you can't even eat some Hausa people food . The reason is because you are not from Hausa
Abeg make una stop to dey drag the guy...

I personally have a very sensitive stomach, and avoid certain foods from cultures I'm unfamiliar with.

That doesn't mean I go about disrespecting them by turning up my nose to the smell or presentation.

...Or opening my mouth waaah to condemn the meals.

That's insensitive, rude, and downright stupid!

Manners maketh a man (Kingsman, the movie)

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by brightDdon(m): 3:41pm On Apr 18
garriAndsugar:

Lol.

Thank God oh if not the fried egg wey I use drink garri for dey show like this.😂

Looooolllll I couldn't hold back the laughter

Bro, hope you know you've got some comedy talent

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by jaksmillioniar: 3:42pm On Apr 18
Blacks are too dirty in d way we live if dat oyibo guy eat it he might get infection
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by illuminutty: 3:43pm On Apr 18
Fermented cassava is not rotten cassava if not every other food and drink processed through fermentation including beer, malt, spirits(whiskey, brandy, vodka), wine and cheese are all rotten drinks and food.

4 Likes

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by gaby(m): 3:43pm On Apr 18
Does he not eat rotten milk as cheese?
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by BRATISLAVA: 3:44pm On Apr 18
GanagiBitrus:

Ignorant Oyibo, who doesn't know that wine is also from rotten fermented juice. cheesy

Doesn't smell like hell, does it?
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by GindoX(m): 3:45pm On Apr 18
Unclebayo:
Them Don lock this one

Seriously, grin
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Beverlyjean(f): 3:46pm On Apr 18
10thTenthMan:

Even Yogurt is fermented milk.

So is Cheese that they love so much. In France the Cheese section in Supermarkets stink too.

And Kimchi too.

And Pickles.

And Sauerkraut.

And .... (Does he want me to go on?)

cheesy

He doesn't know what he is missing. That meal is filled with probiotics. Add the vegetables from the complimenting soup and you are adding like 10 year to your life span. smiley

Cheese and yogurt don't smell...fufu smells terribly ...I don't blame the guy ... fufu smells like rotten food , especially during its processing... I don't even eat it

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Roger3D(m): 3:47pm On Apr 18
Either way the white man is right. Fufu smells horrible and tastes disgusting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by gentleguy1975: 3:47pm On Apr 18
Thundafireseun:

Truth be told jare …

Fufu smells so badly….

My kid bro who got married to an Igbo girl from IMO state since 2012 doesn’t eat Fufu just because of the awful smell
but some are tasteless and odourless!
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Pootle: 3:47pm On Apr 18
most african dish smell awkward grin
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Beverlyjean(f): 3:48pm On Apr 18
Angelfrost:

I personally have a very sensitive stomach, and avoid certain foods from cultures I'm unfamiliar with.

That doesn't mean I go about disrespecting them by turning up my nose to the smell or presentation.

...Or opening my mouth waaah to condemn the meals.

That's insensitive, rude, and downright stupid!

Manners maketh a man (Kingsman, the movie)

U will also do same to unfamiliar food ... go to China and watch some eat life frogs ...tell me if u wudnt vomit watching them do it
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by sonofsteven: 3:48pm On Apr 18
Thundafireseun:

Truth be told jare …

Fufu smells so badly….

It doesn't smell

Depends on how it was made and cooked
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Obierika(m): 3:49pm On Apr 18
Ndubuisipaul1:
Let's not be sentimental . It's hard to eat food from people from other countries. When I perceive the aroma of Indian food my stomach turn. It was awful.

Even as a Nigerian you can't even eat some Hausa people food . The reason is because you are not from Hausa

We go drag am like Tiger generator, him never see anything grin
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Angelfrost(m): 3:50pm On Apr 18
Pootle:
most african dish smell awkward grin

You sound mentally colonized...!

Have you seen Indian cuisine, Cheese processing, pickles, etc?!!

African meals are the closest things to nature. No jokes.

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by 10thTenthMan: 3:50pm On Apr 18
Beverlyjean:

Cheese and yogurt don't smell...fufu smells terribly ...I don't blame the guy ... fufu smells like rotten food , especially during its processing... I don't even eat it

Who says cheese does not smell. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Please, those who have seen aged/raw cheese in shops overseas, kindly educate this person.

Besides, pungent is also a known flavor/aroma in the culinary world. smiley

Also, there is a whole list of smelly European and American foods too.

So, pray leave for me, my dear delicious lovely Fufu/Akpu in peace.

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by kaymart: 3:51pm On Apr 18
brain54:
Is this the first time he is hearing of food fermentation...

How is cheese made?

Because it's Africa now it's primitive and rotten!
Same for yoghurt and mults

2 Likes

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by APOPTOSIS: 3:51pm On Apr 18
Unclebayo:
Them Don lock this one
🤣😂🤣😂
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Trizyd(m): 3:52pm On Apr 18
Olodo, he doesn't know what fermentation is.

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Angelfrost(m): 3:52pm On Apr 18
Beverlyjean:

U will also do same to unfamiliar food ... go to China and watch some eat life frogs ...tell me if u wudnt vomit watching them do it

Nope... I won't.

I have seen several meals prepared by Asians, Indians, and other nations.

That's the point I'm making.

I certainly won't join them, but I can't and won't bring myself to mock them.

Politeness is a universally accepted form of maturity. cool
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by APOPTOSIS: 3:52pm On Apr 18
Ndubuisipaul1:

Indian Food na Sniper!
U nailed it
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by grandstar(m): 3:52pm On Apr 18
They intentionally engage in some shockbait to get traffic.

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Angelfrost(m): 3:54pm On Apr 18
Beverlyjean:

Cheese doesn't smell?!!

Okay... Your olfactory senses have clearly been Westernized like your self esteem. grin

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Faposky95: 3:54pm On Apr 18
That's why education...which accompanies change seems hard......
We have our own people here tell it to our face the same things......
You for chop fanta mixed with milk and cheese...?!
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Bullfallo(m): 3:55pm On Apr 18
You can male fufu without fermentation.

Just blend it and filter the shaft. Stored in refrigerator if not using it immediately. That odor will disappeared. But that eater you throwaway will start smelling from 2 or 3 days in that spot
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Pootle: 3:55pm On Apr 18
Angelfrost:

You sound mentally colonized...!

Have you seen Indian cuisine, Cheese processing, pickles, etc?!!

African meals are the closest things to nature. No jokes.

african dishes smell awkward... decolonized mentality
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by INTEGRITYA1(m): 3:56pm On Apr 18
Thundafireseun:

Truth be told jare …

Fufu smells so badly….

Those smelling are not well prepared.

Come let me do fufu for you.
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by NEUDUDE: 3:58pm On Apr 18
How rotten cassava is 3500 cant seize to amaze me. Fermented cassava that might be loaded with cyanide, you chop bad one and you fit pass their go meet your maker lol. What a country! Not to talk of risking your eyes lol grin
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by wizelink(m): 3:59pm On Apr 18
Lol want kill me ooh. I just dey imagine wetin dey go through the man's mind. It's a normal thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Efirin/scented Leaf Soup / Can You Pass This Food Safety Quiz? (Photos) / A Post For Nigerians Who Love Food, By Nigerians Who Love Food(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.