Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? (2140 Views)

Wife Beats, Hits Her Husband But The Husband Refuses To Fight Back / Should A Wife's Money Be '' Hers '' , While The Husband's Money Be " Ours " ? / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Seun(m): 3:40pm On Apr 20
"The husband is the head of his family. He should strive to be wiser, smarter, & wealthier than his wife. But in any case, a wife must defer to her husband's authority as her leader. He should listen to her, but after he listens, she must accept his decisions. He's in charge."

This is the traditional and religious view of marriage. Do you agree with it? I subscribe to the modern view but I worry about its practicality.

My view is that every couple has a different dynamic and their families should be ruled by consensus, but the partner who is more competent in a particular area should be deferred to more often when dealing with issues in that area. If the wife is an accountant, she'll control finances.

8 Likes

Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by henrimoto(m): 3:41pm On Apr 20
.."This is the traditional and religious view of marriage. Do you agree with it? I subscribe to the modern view but I worry about its practicality."

These days, when making decisions as the Father and head of the House, one has to put his Wife ( The Woman) into consideration. You consult with her, brainstorm with her.

..When no be MILITARY MARRIAGE - Obey before complain.

If not, peace no go too dey the house. ..

Yes, na man be the head of the house but na women get house. The women as wives dey make the home lively and interesting to stay.

A home without a woman as wife, dey dey boring and lonely.

The above paragraphs are some of the reasons why as a man, when making a decision in your home consider to carry your wife along.

No forget say, in many homes today, na the women dey cover the secrets of the man.

6 Likes

Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by tivta(m): 3:41pm On Apr 20
Hmmm
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by advanceDNA: 3:42pm On Apr 20
The vawulence of this thread go madt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by adeniyilamlek(m): 3:44pm On Apr 20
Husband is the head of the family.... Money dey or money no dey.. May God provide for all of us to rule..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by idahme(m): 3:45pm On Apr 20
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Jennyclay(f): 3:47pm On Apr 20
No, I don't assent to that undecided.

If the woman is the bread winner in the family then she must be the head and the lazy man must accept her decisions.

You men always want to be the head but you can’t take good care of your wife and children undecided.

Even the broke and stingy men will soon come here and talk rubbish!!

10 Likes

Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Wawelexy(m): 3:56pm On Apr 20
I agree with Seun on this one

3 Likes

Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by immortalcrown(m): 3:57pm On Apr 20
I don't think Jennyclay read the last paragraph of the post.

Anyways, Seun did well here.

1 Like

Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Puss360(f): 3:58pm On Apr 20
Lol.. this post reeeks of masculine dominance!!!!
What do you mean by "She must accept his decision"?
What if his decision doesn't go well with me, should I accept it like that??
All these reasoning that makes marriage looks like a Master/Slave arrangement!!!!
As in, marriage is meant to be the coming together to two people who loves and respect eachother...
Marriage should be based on love na...
Why should I bow to everything my husband says ??
To me o, nothing like husband is the head o....
We are "Equal"....
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Mindlog: 3:58pm On Apr 20
advanceDNA:
The vawulence of this thread go madt

Donating 4 litres of petrol as my widow's mite. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by 2Radii: 4:05pm On Apr 20
Seun:
"The husband is the head of his family. He should strive to be wiser, smarter, & wealthier than his wife. But in any case, a wife must defer to her husband's authority as her leader. He should listen to her, but after he listens, she must accept his decisions. He's in charge."

This is the traditional and religious view of marriage. Do you agree with it? I subscribe to the modern view but I worry about its practicality.

My view is that every couple has a different dynamic and their families should be ruled by consensus, but the partner who is more competent in a particular area should be deferred to more often when dealing with issues in that area. If the wife is an accountant, she'll control finances.

Oga Seun ekaasan.

The last time u posted on our forum was January when u told us the plan to abolish the ethnic slurs and all, before then I think u last posted here in 2019(exaggeration). Well, that is not my wahala.

The wahala here now is that kicame you came today, u came with a gender based vawulence...Well, wahala no dey.

One vehicle can not have two drivers same time, but can have a conductor if na lagos vanagon

Me as the head of my wife does not mean that she's a slave to me, it does not mean that she's a puppet and a dunce...noo, it means

1. Me and her can deliberate on issues and come to definite conclusion.
2. She has the right to air her view and I as the head would consider it inasmuch as its not a threat to anybody around
3.There are some areas which she's perfect in, I expect her to handle those areas(ofcourse with my knowledge and approval)
1. If I am not around, she's capable of running things behind me(with my knowledge)

And many more...even you, u will be happy u have an active woman as a wife.

E be like say me and seun still dey talk same thing ooh..

But above all, I have the right to independently abort any mission if I sense threat to my family grin

2 Likes

Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Gbadugbakun(m): 4:13pm On Apr 20
I don't have anything sensible to contribute on this thread. So I might as well troll. tongue
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by EreluRoz: 4:17pm On Apr 20
Nobody is dragging head with any man but let them be head in it's complete sense by providing and making sure his wife and family lives a luxurious life else the head will be dragged the moment they start demanding their wives contribute financially.

Women are created to enjoy their life and care for her home but modern men have successfully pushed women into hustling and providing financially which is why we record more divorce in this generation than the older generation.

Men should safeguard being the head or ready to share the head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Caaz: 4:19pm On Apr 20
You talk the truth Sha...but if we choose this pattern of yours...so many women go run comot for marriage.

If the husband once had money and he's a good man that provided when he had a job...it's best the wife takes the responsibility for a while.
Jennyclay:
No, I don't assent to that undecided.

If the woman is the bread winner in the family then she must be the head and the lazy man must accept her decisions.

You men always want to be the head but you can’t take good care of your wife and children undecided.

Even the broke and stingy men will soon come here and talk rubbish!!

1 Like

Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by illicit(m): 4:29pm On Apr 20
A leader is not necessarily the richest nor the wisest nor the strongest...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Caaz: 4:31pm On Apr 20
Illicit why you de follow me up n about like spiritual husband?
Abii you see me for your afternoon nap dream?
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by tobenuel(m): 4:34pm On Apr 20
Is this a question or a statement?.. I just asked a question now
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Little21: 4:41pm On Apr 20
Puss360:
Lol.. this post reeeks of masculine dominance!!!!
What do you mean by "She must accept his decision"?
What if his decision doesn't go well with me, should I accept it like that??
All these reasoning that makes marriage looks like a Master/Slave arrangement!!!!
As in, marriage is meant to be the coming together to two people who loves and respect eachother...

Marriage should be based on love na...
Why should I bow to everything my husband says ??
To me o, nothing like husband is the head o....
We are "Equal"....
I honestly don't know what they think marriage is anymore.
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Caaz: 4:41pm On Apr 20
EreluRoz:
Who is ogugua? Na him kele?
You re new to nairaland be that.....

Nope...no be him shenkelz...the shima na our obodo oyibo progressive that year wey nairaland de sane small.
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by descarado: 4:50pm On Apr 20
Mr seun, are you a married man or a bachelor?
Your answer will determine how people will exchange views with you.
Abi you post and run away, let men and women kill themselves here.

I don't think people have such time again with hungry stomach

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Poor People Give Birth To More Children / Please Learn From This Story / Daughter From Hell,how Girl, 18, Stabbed Her Mother 79 Times And Cut Her Throat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.