Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? (2116 Views)

Wife Beats, Hits Her Husband But The Husband Refuses To Fight Back / Should A Wife's Money Be '' Hers '' , While The Husband's Money Be " Ours " ? / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by UjuJoan2: 4:54pm On Apr 20
Seun:
"The husband is the head of his family. He should strive to be wiser, smarter, & wealthier than his wife. But in any case, a wife must defer to her husband's authority as her leader. He should listen to her, but after he listens, she must accept his decisions. He's in charge."

This is the traditional and religious view of marriage. Do you agree with it? I subscribe to the modern view but I worry about its practicality.

My view is that every couple has a different dynamic and their families should be ruled by consensus, but the partner who is more competent in a particular area should be deferred to more often when dealing with issues in that area. If the wife is an accountant, she'll control finances.

Nobody is the HEAD. Husband and wife are co-captains, and each have their own roles to fulfill, both equally important.

It’s easy to say people should defer in area where they are not competent, but what if you married a know it all? Who thinks they always knows what is best for the family?

Conflicts will certainly arise, and it’s only fair for women to defer to men if they refuse to listen (which for me is out of respect for their age, since most husbands are older than their wives, not because they are men). But if a man consistently makes bad choices, and refuses to listen to reason all the time, then the woman has every right to reject his decision.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Klass99(f): 4:54pm On Apr 20

2 Likes

Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Puss360(f): 5:21pm On Apr 20
Little21:

I honestly don't know what they think marriage is anymore.
Don't mind dem... Always wanting to control and lord over women...

1 Like

Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by 1Sharon(f): 5:23pm On Apr 20
No problem with this.

The only issue is when 50/50 don't want to be 50/50 when it comes to decision making.
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by illicit(m): 5:28pm On Apr 20
Caaz:

She was never a moderator...her sweetheart was.
You really dey new to nairaland.
We had the likes of idowuogbo,sienna,sagamite,sexkills,kanwulia,davidlan,tpia and the rest.

Nairaland was crazy....but manageable and sweet,compared to the rubbish we re seeing now.

Lolz

Abeg where idowuogbo dey
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by 1000Capacity: 5:38pm On Apr 20
Women don't have the capacity to make informed decisions

3 Likes

Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Gbadugbakun(m): 7:48pm On Apr 20
EreluRoz:
Do you know Seun has been subtly giving redpill vibes lately. There was a time he came to complain of women not being appreciative and I once saw him viewing the redpill thread. I won't be surprised if he has another monika contributing to the redpill.
Obviously a woman served him breakfast or disappointed him. He can't hide for long.
So you're stalking Seun. He have money sha you can marry him. But he doesn't believe I'm one wife so get ready to live with many women
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Karlifate: 7:50pm On Apr 20
Dear [young] men,

One of the good indicator of a virtuous wife is a good understanding of finance.

Don't marry a woman who has zero understanding of financial management.
💯
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Kemadealadire(f): 8:50pm On Apr 20
One of the reasons a woman shouldn't say 'Yes' to a foolish head because their lives will be on standstill or go the reverse direction.

The Biblical stand on marriage is ultimate. A man should love his wife the way Christ loves the Church. A man who loves his wife will not do things that will make her unhappy, from cheating to all kinds of evil vices, submission follows.

Reasons ladies should pray to be found by a good head because problems go dey if you have to submit to a man who doesn't love you, who is an empty head with no sense of purpose and direction, who is addicted to all kinds of evil vices, with the wrong values, who is constantly making bad decisions that affects you both etc.

Marriage should be partnership not a master-slave relationship. The man provides, the woman supports where necessary. Each should capitalise on each other's strength areas, it should be teamwork, that way you make progress faster.

1 Like

Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Tallesty1(m): 9:13pm On Apr 20
Puss360:
Lol.. this post reeeks of masculine dominance!!!!
What do you mean by "She must accept his decision"?
What if his decision doesn't go well with me, should I accept it like that??
All these reasoning that makes marriage looks like a Master/Slave arrangement!!!!
As in, marriage is meant to be the coming together to two people who loves and respect eachother...
Marriage should be based on love na...
Why should I bow to everything my husband says ??
To me o, nothing like husband is the head o....
We are "Equal"....
Equal in what way?
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Puss360(f): 10:15pm On Apr 20
Tallesty1:
Equal in what way?
When you get married you'll understand
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by 1000Capacity: 12:59am On Apr 21
Kemadealadire:
One of the reasons a woman shouldn't say 'Yes' to a foolish Head because their lives will be on standstill or go the reverse direction.

The Biblical stand on marriage is ultimate. A man should love his wife the way Christ loves the Church. A man who loves his wife will not do things that will make her unhappy, from cheating to all kinds of evil vices, submission follows.

Reasons ladies should pray to be found by a good head because problems go dey if you have to submit to a man who doesn't love you, who is an empty head with no sense of purpose and direction, who is addicted to all kinds of evil vices, who is constantly making bad decisions that affects you both etc.

Marriage should be partnership not a master-slave relationship. The man provides, the woman supports where necessary. Each should capitalise on each other's strength areas, it should be teamwork, that way you make progress faster.

Biologically MALE and FEMALE were not fashioned by nature to be the same. It's funny when women push for partnership and make it seem like men are pushing "slave-master" relationship.

The Bible teaches, “Husbands, love your wives” (Ephesians 5:25) and “teach the young women … to love their husbands” (Titus 2:4). When you love your husband, you will respect his authority and see him as the head. There is no master-master relationship for husband and wife in the Bible. You are bound to be subject to Man's authority.

Thats what I love specifically about Islam. A woman knows her place.Her roles and clear and expressly spelt out.
But of course, women are always in a constant battle against NATURE herself. That's why they are never contended with the way the look.

In Ephesians it states "For the husband is the HEAD of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. As the church is SUBJECT to Christ, so let wives also be SUBJECT in everything to their Husbands. The Bible did not say you the wife will run a partnership with your Husband.
THE HUSBAND IS THE HEAD OF THE HOME AND THE WOMAN IS THE SUBJECT.
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Kobojunkie: 1:25am On Apr 21
1000Capacity:
■ Biologically MALE and FEMALE were not fashioned by nature to be the same. It's funny when women push for partnership and make it seem like men are pushing "slave-master" relationship. The Bible teaches, “Husbands, love your wives” (Ephesians 5:25) and “teach the young women … to love their husbands” (Titus 2:4). When you love your husband, you will respect his authority and see him as the head. There is no master-master relationship for husband and wife in the Bible. You are bound to be subject to Man's authority.
Thats what I love specifically about Islam. A woman knows her place.Her roles and clear and expressly spelt out.
But of course, women are always in a constant battle against NATURE herself. That's why they are never contended with the way the look.
In Ephesians it states "For the husband is the HEAD of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. As the church is SUBJECT to Christ, so let wives also be SUBJECT in everything to their Husbands. The Bible did not say you the wife will run a partnership with your Husband.
THE HUSBAND IS THE HEAD OF THE HOME AND THE WOMAN IS THE SUBJECT.
1. The Bible does no such thing as you claim there. Rather, Paul and Peter, both of whom lived in the Land of Canaan, during the time that was the Last Days of God's Judgement against the Nation of Israel(and Judah) under the Law of Moses, for reasons best known to them chose to assert the stance of the Old Law of Moses where married women are concerned. Jesus Christ, God's New Law, however, made it abundantly clear that in the Kingdom of God

▶ Marriage is of the world of men and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. This is to echo the fact that God Himself cursed marriage from the beginning(Genesis 3 vs 16) and that which is cursed cannot be of the Kingdom of God.
▶ There is only one head over a man and a woman in His Kingdom, and He alone is that Head/Teacher/Authority/Master - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10
▶ All men and women in His Kingdom are equaled (No hierarchies) exist in His Kingdom- Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10
▶ There are no blessings in the Kingdom of God on those who choose marriage; only those who chose to live as Eunuchs have God's special blessings - Matthew 19 vs 11 - 12
▶ Those among the women who would choose to have children should weep for themselves and their children for it is those of them who would live as Eunuch(and the barren among them) that are blessed by God - Luke 23 vs 27 - 23
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Kobojunkie: 1:30am On Apr 21
Kemadealadire:
■ One of the reasons a woman shouldn't say 'Yes' to a foolish head because their lives will be on standstill or go the reverse direction. The Biblical stand on marriage is ultimate. A man should love his wife the way Christ loves the Church. A man who loves his wife will not do things that will make her unhappy, from cheating to all kinds of evil vices, submission follows. Reasons ladies should pray to be found by a good head because problems go dey if you have to submit to a man who doesn't love you, who is an empty head with no sense of purpose and direction, who is addicted to all kinds of evil vices, who is constantly making bad decisions that affects you both etc. Marriage should be partnership not a master-slave relationship. The man provides, the woman supports where necessary. Each should capitalise on each other's strength areas, it should be teamwork, that way you make progress faster.
Let's please keep Scripture and God's mention out of these debates abeg! Way too many people have little to no understanding of the information contained in it. God of Scripture does not take sides in debates such as these so let's desist from trying to drag His name in the mud. undecided
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by 1000Capacity: 1:51am On Apr 21
Kobojunkie:
1. The Bible does no such thing as you claim there. Rather, Paul and Peter, both of whom lived in the Land of Canaan, during the time that was the Last Days of God's Judgement against the Nation of Israel(and Judah) under the Law of Moses, for reasons best known to them chose to assert the stance of the Old Law of Moses where married women are concerned. Jesus Christ, God's New Law, however, made it abundantly clear that in the Kingdom of God

▶ Marriage is of the world of men and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. This is to echo the fact that God Himself cursed marriage from the beginning(Genesis 3 vs 16) and that which is cursed cannot be of the Kingdom of God.
▶ There is only one head over a man and a woman in His Kingdom, and He alone is that Head/Teacher/Authority/Master - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10
▶ All men and women in His Kingdom are equaled (No hierarchies) exist in His Kingdom- Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10
▶ There are no blessings in the Kingdom of God on those who choose marriage; only those who chose to live as Eunuchs have God's special blessings - Matthew 19 vs 11 - 12
▶ Those among the women who would choose to have children should weep for themselves and their children for it is those of them who would live as Eunuch(and the barren among them) that are blessed by God - Luke 23 vs 27 - 23

In everything you typed, you are just confusing yourself
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Kobojunkie: 1:54am On Apr 21
1000Capacity:
■ In everything you typed, you are just confusing yourself
Your confusion is entirely yours as all the information presented is as recorded right there in Scripture. undecided
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by Kobojunkie: 3:08am On Apr 21
1000Capacity:
■ Me and you no suppose fight o. But I fit still reason your matter. I see say you wann dey follow me cap anyhow
I am the last person interested in a fight with anyone, even on here. I am simply for keeping the mention of Scripture out of these debates particularly since even the world is aware that religious people don't believe or emulate much of the ideas put forward by the God of Scripture and His Son, Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: The Husband Is The Head Of The Family? by 1000Capacity: 3:32am On Apr 21
Kobojunkie:
I am the last person interested in a fight with anyone, even on here. I am simply for keeping the mention of Scripture out of these debates particularly since even the world is aware that religious people don't believe or emulate much of the ideas put forward by the God of Scripture and His Son, Jesus Christ. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Dilemma 'how Far Is Too Far?' Pls Advise / He Practically Changed After I Got Pregnant / Learn How Your Baby Should Develop From Birth To One Year Of Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.