Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures (129457 Views)

Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / Traditional Edo Attire In Pictures / Pictures Of Nigeria Traditional Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ChinenyeN(m): 7:58am On Nov 21, 2011
No, not anymore. I already got it out of my system, playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. I only made the statement I made because I got a little tired of the back-and-forth Yoruba v. Igbo over attire. Clothes are clothes. Diffusion occurs. Culture spreads, develops, adapts, is redesigned. It happens. If it were something more pertinent, then I guess my reaction would have been different. . or I might not have even reacted at all.
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by maki(f): 8:01am On Nov 21, 2011
grin grin cheesy am loving this thread more and more grin
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 21, 2011
ChinenyeN:

No, not anymore. I already got it out of my system, playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. I only made the statement I made because I got a little tired of the back-and-forth Yoruba v. Igbo over attire. Clothes are clothes. Diffusion occurs. Culture spreads, develops, adapts, is redesigned. It happens. If it were something more pertinent, then I guess my reaction would have been different. .  or I might not have even reacted at all.

Keep playing your game. Just ignore it next time.
Try not to mind me if my posts are too much of a bother.  smiley
I'm a very observant and a very curious person, esp when concerning Nigerian tradition.
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ChinenyeN(m): 8:11am On Nov 21, 2011
Oh no, don't mistake me abeg. It wasn't you. It was what you said (trying to bring the discussion back to the topic). I was only stating that I was waiting to see who would be the first to do that. It wasn't said in any way for or against any person. It was just an observational type of thing.
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 21, 2011
ChinenyeN:

[size=18pt]Oh no, don't mistake me abeg. It wasn't you.[/size] It was what you said (trying to bring the discussion back to the topic). I was only stating that I was waiting to see who would be the first to do that. It wasn't said in any way for or against any person. It was just an observational type of thing.

Are we breaking up or sth?
Oh well, it was great while it lasted.
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:46pm On Nov 21, 2011
Here we go again with Ileke claiming everything is yaruba! Ileke, can you please describe Igbo attire and kindly show me the difference it has with the yoruba attire!!!!! Since you have a massive idea of what is termed " Igbo attire". That material was not made by the yarubas neither was the style of sewing invented by the yarubas!! I know you wish to make your tribe appear original but you dont have to tell malicious lies to achieve that!!
Senegalese,Tchad,Mali and some nothern and eastern African country has being using that style of sewing before ODUDUWA started thinking about was born, so;please stop already!! Thats not yoruba style not even million years close!!

1 Like

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 21, 2011
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:13pm On Nov 21, 2011
As for the Onitsha chief you posted his pics; He is an Igwe cabinet member and if you study that Ofala Onitsha thread you will notice there are few of them wearing that hat and its even different from the Kings own. Moreover,they dont wear it through out the occastion;they wear it only when coming in,greeting the crowd,dancing to the ufie music(egwu ndi eze) and during othet significant activities, so,my dear tis very organized and this has existed for over 6000 yrs!! However,whenever they are not wearing that hat during the Ofala you will spot them wearing the Nze na Ozo red hat, which Igbo ppl are famous for. And the cabinet members traditionally wear it underneat the kings cabinet hat(okpu ndi ichie). So,as you can see,not everybody wears that big hat with feathers,moreso;everything that you see on that Ofala hat signifies something,so,its not just about sticking feathers on your hat  without stating why you doing it. . . In summary,wearing that Ofala hat simply means that the man has accomplished all the Nze na Ozo title(ochizugo) and also has gone ahead to become an Igwe cabinet (onye Ichie)representing his village at the royal house!! Ileke,you see what I meant when I said Igbo culture is very rich and authentic!!!

1 Like

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by maki(f): 1:38pm On Nov 21, 2011
this thread is about ijaw, so back off and take ur arguments else where angry
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 21, 2011
maki:

this thread is about ijaw, so back off and take your arguments else where angry

Dont mind him. As if the blind man no fit see the thread site I posted. grin
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by maki(f): 2:26pm On Nov 21, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Dont mind him. As if the blind man no fit see the thread site I posted. grin

grin grin u this ekiti man sef wetin u dey do here, cheesy
ekiti, state of proffessors, hope u too will be a prof soon cheesy
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ijawgirl: 2:34pm On Nov 21, 2011
that ofala peacock hat looks awful

@ikeledi, LMAO damn u got me rolling @ the previous page
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ijawgirl: 2:45pm On Nov 21, 2011
ijaw

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by PeeBee: 4:36pm On Nov 21, 2011
^^^^^^^^Superman smiley smiley smiley

Cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by Chyz2: 4:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
PeeBee:

^^^^^^^^Superman smiley smiley smiley

Cool cool cool cool

Lmao!!! You're soooo wrong for that one! cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:55pm On Nov 21, 2011
ijaw_girl:

that ofala peacock hat looks awful

@ikeledi, LMAO damn u got me rolling @ the previous page

This will be my last post on this thread. @poster,did you say the Ofala hat look awful ? Well, I will not argue witk you but will advice you to go back to that thread and study the comments posted by non Igbos and compare their reaction to what you have here. Sorry, I didnt make you guys Ijaw!! Yall have fun!!
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by lailaiwala: 5:00pm On Nov 21, 2011
me too. the op has an agenda. very anti-igbo boy/girl. pot calling kettle black on the peacock hat too. considering the hideous faggoty outfits she's being posting.
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by Chyz2: 6:24pm On Nov 21, 2011
lailaiwala:

me too. the op has an agenda. very anti-igbo boy/girl. pot calling kettle black on the peacock hat too. considering the hideous faggoty outfits she's being posting.

The ijaw_girl is nothing like "anti-gbo". Cut it out. Stop making enemies for us.
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2011
The Ofala hat looks awful to be true.
No hating there.
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ijawgirl: 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

This will be my last post on this thread. @poster,did you say the Ofala hat look awful ? Well, I will not argue witk you but will advice you to go back to that thread and study the comments posted by non Igbos and compare their reaction to what you have here. Sorry, I didnt make you guys Ijaw!! Yall have fun!!

yo I will rather wear the Ijaw hat than that Peacock ofala messed up poo
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by Chyz2: 6:37pm On Nov 21, 2011
ijaw_girl:

yo I will rather wear the Ijaw hat than that Peacock ofala mess up poo

ijaw_girl, no mind them. dont stoop to that level. The outfits are a collage of beauty.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by Crayola1: 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2011
To be honest all the hats with feathers are over the top cool
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by Chyz2: 6:40pm On Nov 21, 2011
I always like eastern attire and festivals. They are always colorful and never dull unlike a certain part of the country(chyz looks and points to the left) grin
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ijawgirl: 6:55pm On Nov 21, 2011
Chyz*:

I always like eastern attire and festivals. They are always colorful and never dull unlike a certain part of the country(chyz looks and points to the left) grin
Go on, say it. . . . cheesy
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ijawgirl: 6:59pm On Nov 21, 2011
lailaiwala:

quit that crystal meth
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by aljharem3: 7:23pm On Nov 21, 2011
Chyz* link=topic=806789.msg9603427#msg9603427 date=1321897216:

I always like eastern attire and festivals. They are always colorful and never dull unlike a certain part of the country(chyz looks and points to the left)
grin

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin nice one grin grin grin
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by lailaiwala: 8:43pm On Nov 21, 2011
ijaw_girl:

quit that crystal meth

quit being an ignorant slut.
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by Crayola1: 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2011
^^
Ouch lipsrsealed
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ijawgirl: 11:45pm On Nov 21, 2011
Yawn zzzzzzzzz tongue
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ijawgirl: 11:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
ijaw

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by aribisala0(m): 2:17am On Nov 22, 2011
our people like to consume but produce little
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by kandiikane(m): 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2011
@Ijaw girl, I think I might have mixed it up but if only the river state people dress like that then I believe they are from river state and not cross river.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) / 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. / Do You Consider Somalis As Black?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.