Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,626 members, 7,809,337 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports (10259 Views)

FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens / Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) / Jonathan Orders CBN To Stop N5,000 Note Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by meexteriox(m): 2:47am On Nov 19, 2011
President Goodluck Jonathan has ordered the interior ministry to start the process of issuing Visas at the nation’s airports to prospective investors and the business communities. Speaking at the just concluded 17th Nigerian Economic Summit in Abuja, President Jonathan said the policy is part of his administration’s effort to remove bottlenecks encountered by investors in the country.

According to him, there was no reason for people who want to invest made to go through rigorous processes of getting Visas into the country. The President also ordered the issuance of at least 10-year Visas to some of the recognized Chief Executives in the oil and telecoms sectors.

He said it didn’t made sense to him if ACEOs of companies like Shell, Agip or MTN that have billion of investments in the country needed to be renewing Visas every two years. He said all these are parts of his agenda to ease investment climate in Nigeria.

“Let me commend the organisers of the Summit for the choice of this year’s Summit theme, which is “Attracting Foreign Direct Investment, through Global Partnerships”. This is quite apt and timely. It is also consistent with the aspirations of the Transformation Agenda and Nigeria’s Vision 20:2020. This also reinforces the need to do all that is necessary to guarantee the security and profitability of foreign investments in our country”.

“We are committed to doing things differently and to fulfilling our role to our citizens and the global community. We have established clear criteria and mechanisms for benchmarking and the setting of performance targets, so we can drive our economy in a positive direction, in line with global best practices.”

http://allafrica.com/stories/201111150887.html
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by obowunmi(m): 2:54am On Nov 19, 2011
There are many indians and chinese parading with Nigerian passports, If you can bribe ur way to get a passport, why the heck would you need a visa ?! Goodluck, get your priorities in order.
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by BootyOnMe: 5:07am On Nov 19, 2011
Did he really write all that?
Or did "Dame Pat" do it for him? cheesy
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by Kobojunkie: 5:31am On Nov 19, 2011
meexteriox:

According to him, there was no reason for people who want to invest made to go through rigorous processes of getting Visas into the country. The President also ordered the issuance of at least 10-year Visas to some of the recognized Chief Executives in the oil and telecoms sectors.

He said it didn’t made sense to him if ACEOs of companies like Shell, Agip or MTN that have billion of investments in the country needed to be renewing Visas every two years. He said all these are parts of his agenda to ease investment climate in Nigeria.
Who said it is not EVIL to be poor . . , ROFL!!!!
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by moderatorr: 6:18am On Nov 19, 2011
'whenever i adjust my hat, critics go insane' - GEJ
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by reindeer: 11:19am On Nov 19, 2011
Good, Boko Haram don't need to brave the desert heat anymore, they can fly directly into Abuja and get their visas on arrival.
Great one retardeen.
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by Arosa(m): 1:08pm On Nov 19, 2011
there was no reason for people who want to invest made to go through rigorous processes of getting Visas into the country.
Nice one GEJ, Naija is beginning to think like a serious Nation.
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by texazzpete(m): 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2011
Arosa:

Nice one GEJ, Naija is beginning to think like a serious Nation.   

Yes, because all the rich businessmen in Nigeria get US Visas without even heading to the embassy.

Nonsense.
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by Kay1kay1(m): 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2011
Is there a known criteria for the issuance of such airport visas? Or would it be about handsomeness, ugliness, beauty or wallet size, etc. Mr. Dr. President,  visas ought to be issued at embassies and all bottlenecks removed there.
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by Demdem(m): 3:22pm On Nov 19, 2011
i'm not comfortable with this new policy from the Retardeen. How will one identify a potential investor at the airport? This policy can be abused severally IMO.
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by MeGaStReEt: 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2011
moderatorr:

'whenever i adjust my hat, critics (KoboKobo, Egift n co) go insane' - GEJ

grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by obowunmi(m): 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2011
@ 0Demdem, you can identify potential investors by bribes you receive.
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by executinal(m): 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2011
obowunmi:

There are many indians and chinese parading with Nigerian passports, If you can bribe your way to get a passport, why the heck would you need a visa ?! Goodluck, get your priorities in order.
Such thing is not only common in Nigeria, if you have your way you will still obtain, UK passport, Russian passport, Canadian passport etc. Corruption is everywhere.
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by Demdem(m): 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2011
@ Obowunmi.

Interesting!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by eghost247(m): 3:43pm On Nov 19, 2011
[size=13pt]But what is it with all of you the man never seems to do anything right in your eyes Rubbish Haterz[/size]
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by obowunmi(m): 3:47pm On Nov 19, 2011
Abi now, or maybe he can use super powers.
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by fm7070: 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2011
He will soon go and be begging them to invest.
Once you do the right thing, u don't need to beg or set your standard so low
They are calling for investors when infrastructure is not in place.
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by Reggie2(m): 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2011
eghost247:

[size=13pt]But what is it with all of you the man never seems to do anything right in your eyes Rubbish Haterz[/size]

IT IS BEGINNING TO DAWN EVEN TO GEJ'S MOST GENUINE AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICS THAT THERE IS MUCH MORE THAN MEETS THE EYES IN THESE PEOPLE'S STYLE OF POURING SCORN ON THE NIGERIAN PRESIDENT[/b]. HE IS A LEGITIMATE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA UNTIL HIS TERM OF OFFICE EXPIRES. VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE CAN ONLY BE PASSED IN THE HOUSE BY ELECTED REPS AND NOT BY A BUNCH OF FACELESS AGITATORS WHOSE REAL MOTIVE IS NOT CLEAR.
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by werepeLeri: 4:56pm On Nov 19, 2011
Haters will never disappoint. LOL.

Well done sir.
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by reindeer: 5:03pm On Nov 19, 2011
The man always has his hat on, just never his 'thinking hat'.
If you leave the border unmanned, it doesnt mean people will troop in to invest. Make the environment right and people will queue to invest in your country.
Regardless of how easy it is to get into somalia, i doubt investors will be running there to spend money.
Now look at the BRIC countries, they dont need to open their borders, people will always want to do business with them as long as the environment is good.
Once again,rushed thinking(if any).
Of course a55 lickers will never disappoint, GEJs words are doctrine. wink
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by Santino1(m): 5:12pm On Nov 19, 2011
texazzpete:

Yes, because all the rich businessmen in Nigeria get US Visas without even heading to the embassy.

Nonsense.
Thanks, When Countries like Brazil are issuing visas on a ''reciprocative'' basis i.e. If my Citizens require visa before entering your country, same applies to your citizens wishing to enter my country, Even Bill Gates will need a visa to enter Brazil
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Nov 19, 2011
^^^ You dey talk Brazil?
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by Maximip(m): 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2011
This guy is one of the world's worst president. so an investor will sit in his office and decide to invest in
a country because they give visa on arrival.

I'm so fucking pissed. angry wish I could just give a dirty slap to everyone that voted him.

werepeLeri:

Haters will never disappoint. LOL.

Well done sir.

I can't seem to understand why this guy still has followers
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by otosa(m): 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2011
[it didn’t made sense to him if ACEOs of companies like Shell, Agip or MTN that have billion of investments in the country]
I don't know maybe GEJ still believe that Nigerians never wise. He called the people that looting our money "the invertors". To me nothing bad if the ACEOs of all these campanies can be asked to renew thier Visas every year.
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by Santino1(m): 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2011
@Kobojunkie,

I used Brazil (because they were in this same sorry situation few years back) to show how much you could achieve in a very short time if things are done right, who would have thought, ten-twenty years ago, that Brazil would take such a stance with the US
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2011
otosa:

[it didn’t made sense to him if ACEOs of companies like Shell, Agip or MTN that have billion of investments in the country]
I don't know maybe GEJ still believe that Nigerians never wise. He called the people that looting our money "the invertors". To me nothing bad if the ACEOs of all these campanies can be asked to renew thier Visas every year.

Please correct yourself. There is a difference between looting and getting easy money. Looting implies STEALING which many of these ACEOs are not guilty of. Those looting your money are more those you continue to elect each year. That they give these ACEOs easier access to make money does not make the ACEOs looters too. Let us please be sure who our enemies are.
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by Nchara: 5:43pm On Nov 19, 2011
He did not write those. The illiterate journalist did
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by hercules07: 5:58pm On Nov 19, 2011
This is a dumb move if it is true, the policy on visas should be straightforward, do you know how many chinese guys will come in to Nigeria with this type of statement?
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2011
^^^^
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2011
As much as i don't like Goodluck's administration I like this idea. It can work out well if properly managed. But, if history is anything to go by, we may be justified to conclude right now that this policy will fail like all others.
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2011
Presido is right on the money here.

Here is a list of other emerging economies (in Africa) that have the same visa policy in place.

* Burundi (Visa granted upon arrival).
* Comoros (Visa granted upon arrival).
* Djibouti (Visa granted upon arrival for 10 days or 1 month).
* Egypt (Visa granted upon arrival for 14 days for visiting South Sinai resorts only).
* Kenya (Visa granted upon arrival for 3 months).
* Madagascar (Visa granted upon arrival for 90 days).
* Mozambique (Visa granted upon arrival).
* Seychelles Visa free for 30 days
* Togo (Visa granted upon arrival for 7 days).
* Uganda (Visa granted upon arrival).
Re: Jonathan Orders Issuance Of Visas At Airports by thelgran: 6:31pm On Nov 19, 2011
it is obvious most of u are speaking out of ignorance. Most developing countries issue visa on arrival to investors and staffs of Multi national companies. e.g staffs of UBA, GLO,SHELL ETC who are not Nigerians get visa on arrival in Accra if they present letters from their company. GEJ is not saying the visa should be given to every dick,tom and harry.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashola Pleads With Residents On Toll And Further Explains / Tax Suit: Tension In Abia As Appeal Court Delivers Judgment Sept 23 / 300 Almajiri Children Graduate From AUN's Feed And Read Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.