Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,577 members, 7,840,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram (6238 Views)

Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB / Northern Politician In PDP States Are Only Deceiving Gej,no GEJ Poster On Displa / Gani Adams Warns Boko Haram To Stay Away From Yoruba Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by Reggie2(m): 6:38pm On Nov 19, 2011
A'm gladdened by your reply to my post. Deploying the military in troubled areas of the north would amount to declaring a state of emergency. Doing so ipso facto means that the federal government is accusing such neighboring countries of acts of terrorism by their citizens; it has political implications in an ECOWAS set up.

Do the governors of BOKO HARAM areas agree that their states be militarized? Do reps from these areas agree with you on this? Can Jonathan declare a state of emergency unilaterally because of a terrorist group? Big questions for you and I.  

It appears you are in a hurry to state that these terrorists are fighting Nigeria from across the borders. Do you have any proof for this? When government recently deployed the military to deal with BOKO HARAM, there were a number of indiscriminate killings. Northern reps were the first to ask for a complete withdrawal and even an apology. We must agree that these people (BOKO HARAM) are Nigerians who are fighting for a misguided? cause. Unconfirmed sources are that they may be present even in the military.

You see, the FAST approach to resolve BOKO HARAM may not be all that easy. Government ought to investigate if these guys are acting in isolation or if there are people behind them. I do not believe that GEJ sees it as a northern problem. Its like saying that the middle crises is a northern problem! Human lives have equal value whether Xtian or Muslim.
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by 9jaIhail(m): 6:40pm On Nov 19, 2011
SW asked OBJ for all the mony he recovered from Abacha. In fact that was part of the reason like of Afinfere and Tinubu broke out of OBJ's causus

@above

u see u are wrong for this fact, obj never a representative of his people obj is the most greed and selfish person i have ever seeing he cares for his pocket not his people that is what u can tell me and i will accept it, if GEJ is not facing the terrorist group problem ss/se would have denounced him,but we all know it's never easy for any regime that is fighting terrorism,
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by Reggie2(m): 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2011
Reggie2:

A'm gladdened by your reply to my post. Deploying the military in troubled areas of the north would amount to declaring a state of emergency. Doing so ipso facto means that the federal government is accusing such neighboring countries of acts of terrorism by their citizens; it has political implications in an ECOWAS set up.

Do the governors of BOKO HARAM areas agree that their states be militarized? Do reps from these areas agree with you on this? Can Jonathan declare a state of emergency unilaterally because of a terrorist group? Big questions for you and I.  

It appears you are in a hurry to state that these terrorists are fighting Nigeria from across the borders. Do you have any proof for this? When government recently deployed the military to deal with BOKO HARAM, there were a number of indiscriminate killings. Northern reps were the first to ask for a complete withdrawal and even an apology. We must agree that these people (BOKO HARAM) are Nigerians who are fighting for a misguided? cause. Unconfirmed sources are that they may be present even in the military.

You see, the FAST approach to resolve BOKO HARAM may not be all that easy. Government ought to investigate if these guys are acting in isolation or if there are people behind them. I do not believe that GEJ sees it as a northern problem. Its like saying that the middle crises is a northern problem! Human lives have equal value whether Xtian or Muslim.

The above is in reply to alj harem
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by aljharem3: 7:35pm On Nov 19, 2011
Reggie2:

Thank you, I see your reason here.

Certainly you are right about the fast approach thing to boko haram. It would not be that easy

Now even our military can not do there job like a good military personnel without killing the innocent and raping.

You see, what I would rather see is a gradual turn of events at least to know that the government from Local to fedral is doing something about it.

The current events suggest otherwise. Boko haram Bombing anywhere in the south would ring alarm bells from Bigots to try and paint Northern Nigeria as bad. THAT I DO NOT WANT
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by aljharem3: 7:44pm On Nov 19, 2011
guonno:

Yorubas loves nothin about GEJ because they hold no reasonable political office in this dispensation- dey needed senate president, they didnt get it, they needed deputy, dey dint get it, dey begged for speakership, dey dint get it, infact dey begged for evry important position but did not get it, if u igbos are in their position will u be happy? Lol. And u yorubas peoples, call what we do "follow-follow", but dont forget that politics is a game of follow"follow. U voted enmass for GEJ which is follow follow. No wonder u begged him to do something about the shortchanging u people faced, but unfortunately he did not do anything to effect a change or give u any reasonable position in the top polity, IS THAT NOT Y YOU ARE NOT LIKING HIM? Well the igbos feel that gboko haram is slowing down the speed of development in nigeria which indirectly affects them, ndigbo is ashamed that nigeria till now is not the envy of great countries like china and america. The igbos needs electricity in the south east, it is high time the igbos turned the east into the present day dubai. Innoson group now produces locally, 30% of what they use to assemble their vehicles, most other country manufacture at least 50 - 60% of the products made in their country. The tractors in borno state mechanization authirity has a made in china logo but the engine of these tractors are made in hong kong, therefore in no time innoson and annamco in Enugu will export cars to foreign countries. We need power for all the changes in the east, and the only presido whom is willing to give power to nigerians if allowed to, is been disturbed and u want us to keep shut? Well i dont blame u yoruba (cowards that has not said anything to gboko haram that has succeeded in chasing away all the potential investors from our country). OBJ did not fix power, rather he ate all the funds allocated to power, failed to repair our refinery because u dirty Yoruba people were importing fuel. This has come to an end, keep calling us follow-follow, while the we (igbos) rise again in nigeria. IGBO KWENU!

You see you do not understand

The SW actually love GEJ and even the political positions you are gloating about is not as it seems you know

read this"How Nigeria is shared under Jonathan"

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/how-nigeria-is-shared-under-jonathan/

Of President Jonathan’s 42 ministers, there are only 12 women compared to 30 men. The North has 22 ministers to the South’s 20. The South-East produced only five ministers. North-West and South-South top the ladder with eight ministers each while South-West, North-East and North-Central each has seven ministers.

The South-West, which produced Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, is in-charge of five ministries, namely: Foreign Affairs, Trade & Investment, Police Affairs, Agriculture & Natural Resources and Communication Technology.

The South-East produced four core ministers – Labour, Aviation, Health and Power in addition to having the Deputy Senate President, Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives and Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

The North-West and South-South also led the park in appointments into top positions such as service chiefs and leading government agencies with nine slots each. The South-East has eight; North-Central, seven; South-West five; and North-East, two. Figuratively, out of 865 top positions, North-West has 218 (25%); North-Central cornered 154 (17.80%), North-East, 139 or 16.07 %; South-South, 158 (18.27%), South-West, 167 or 19.31%; and South-East, 123 slots (14.22 %).

A peep into 11 topmost slots

1. Dr Goodluck Jonathan, President,

Bayelsa, South-South

2. Arch. Namadi Sambo,

Vice President, Kaduna, North-West

3. Senator David Mark, Senate President, Benue, North-Central

4. Justice Dahiru Musdapher, Chief Justice of Nigeria, Jigawa, North-West

5. Alhaji Aminu Tambuwal, House of Reps Speaker, Sokoto, North-West

6. Senator Ike Ekweremadu, Deputy Senate President, Enugu, South-East

7. Justice Dalhatu Adamu, President Court of Appeal, Niger, North-Central

8. Chief Emeka Ihedioha, Deputy Speaker House of Reps, Imo, South-East

9. Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, SGF, Ebonyi, South-East

10. Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba, Senate Majority Leader, C/River, S/South

11. Hon Mulikat Adeola Akande, House Majority Leader, Oyo, South-West

Going by this sharing under Jonathan, you can tell they are not complaining unlike before thanks to Afenifere who does not speak the mind of an average SWerener

Also south-east is not any better off. I am sure you know the power of vice and sfg compared to even a majority leader. Think of it

Now Tinubu has rivalry with Gej because of PDP. It has nothing to do with ethnicity. He had the same with OBJ and Afenifere.  It all has to do with the party.

I hope we have an understanding
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by aljharem3: 8:08pm On Nov 19, 2011
9ja_I_hail:

Ota farm has always been OBJ's farmland before he was imprisoned and taken over by the FG.

@above.

ota farm was build with Nigeria money,i remember the name then was operation to feed Nigerians how come it later became obj farm?

you you are not getting you facts straight.

Some of you just posting and without facts or anything

When did Ota farm come up ?

Operation feed the nation by OBJ was in 1979 and he was the president from 1976-1979

Ota farm not Obasanjo farms and was built in 1979 in Ota current state ogun

before he was imprisoned, he brought Ota farm from the FG back then IBB and was using that to sustain himself

then after he came out of prison, He then expanded to cross river, delta, Osun, ekiti, Kano, adamawa among others

so what money are you talking about

operation feed the nation :- http://www.thp.org/what_we_do/key_initiatives/honoring_africa_leadership/laureate_list/general_obasanjo

How obasanjo Ota farm came to be :-http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=lnqPFG2c79UC&pg=PA147&lpg=PA147&dq=history+of+Ota+farm&source=bl&ots=GYyW75DYTn&sig=mj_WuOa1Th5mb1hZZbh-du8bMF4&hl=en&ei=O_zHTrvhBcKN8gPngrF5&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CFgQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q&f=false
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by 9jaIhail(m): 8:30pm On Nov 19, 2011
Operation feed the nation by OBJ was in 1979 and he was the president from 1976-1979

Ota farm not Obasanjo farms and was built in 1979 in Ota current state ogun

@above

where is the operation to feed the nation and who owns it now?

mr teacher
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by jason123: 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2011
Talk about crying more than the bereaved. Even Ijaws and SSoutherners are complaining. Useless elders! Instead of them to castigate when needed and praise when needed, all they know is a55licking *spits*.
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2011
Quote from: Relax101 on Today at 03:43:46 PM
You freaking liar!
Phuck You!
No JonathAn No Nigeria. You heard it loud and clear!

WORDS! kiss
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by okpurukata(f): 10:43pm On Nov 19, 2011
alj_harem:

The SW actually love GEJ and even the political positions you are gloating about is not as it seems you know

Of President Jonathan’s 42 ministers, there are only 12 women compared to 30 men. The North has 22 ministers to the South’s 20. The South-East produced only five ministers. North-West and South-South top the ladder with eight ministers each while South-West, North-East and North-Central each has seven ministers.

The South-West, which produced Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, is in-charge of five ministries, namely: Foreign Affairs, Trade & Investment, Police Affairs, Agriculture & Natural Resources and Communication Technology.

The South-East produced four core ministers – Labour, Aviation, Health and Power in addition to having the Deputy Senate President, Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives and Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

The North-West and South-South also led the park in appointments into top positions such as service chiefs and leading government agencies with nine slots each. The South-East has eight; North-Central, seven; South-West five; and North-East, two. Figuratively, out of 865 top positions, North-West has 218 (25%); North-Central cornered 154 (17.80%), North-East, 139 or 16.07 %; South-South, 158 (18.27%), South-West, 167 or 19.31%; and South-East, 123 slots (14.22 %).

Bayelsa, South-South

2. Arch. Namadi Sambo,

Going by this sharing under Jonathan, you can tell they are not complaining unlike before thanks to Afenifere who does not speak the mind of an average SWerener

Also south-east is not any better off. I am sure you know the power of vice and sfg compared to even a majority leader. Think of it

Now Tinubu has rivalry with Gej because of PDP. It has nothing to do with ethnicity. He had the same with OBJ and Afenifere. It all has to do with the party.

Inspite of my self, I say thank Alhaji Harem. This is quite revealing.
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by ak47mann(m): 11:43pm On Nov 19, 2011
interesting cool cool cool

ok GEJ had answer una prayer UNA SAY BOKO HARAM NEED TO BE SMOKED OUT, HERE WE GO GUYS, 

IS ON GUYS    cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 20, 2011
@alj_harem,
Quit arguing with people who are oblivious to common fact.It will do you no good whatsoever.
I can see your points but none of theirs.

Is it any wonder no one from SE has come near occupying Aso Rock with moronic statements like the latest one we're debating from Ohaneze?Are you surprised about a clueless set of people so lost and out of tune with reality as exemplified by choosing SGF over Speaker House of reps?
Hold the partly culpable in the present mess we are seeing with our useless,good-for-nothing president.they instructed their subjects to vote GEJ.Birds of the same plumage identify with each other.Instead of tasking Mr President to deal with the menace of Boko Haram(which is ironically affecting their kinsmen), they are scoring cheap publicity points and playing to the gallery.
They should retire to their mud huts and drink their fermented palm wine jare
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by abiolak: 7:30am On Nov 20, 2011
So Gej thinks he can put out some fools to talk over nothing,
all measures to calm boko aram he keep turning deaf ears to it just to keep his poor and bad administration runing,
if katakata bust non of una go stay e bi like say una papa no tell una story of civil war, make una go ask Ojukwu!!!
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by 1025: 10:03am On Nov 20, 2011
na only God go punish those idiots parading themselves as ohanaeze because we have non.
what we have is a group of selfish idiots who speak for self recognition and not for the interest of us(igbos).
can anyone here point to one issue of importance where the ohanaeze have been involved.
where was this so-called ohanaeze when two igbos(vincent ogbulafor and nwodo) were sacked without reason from the pdp chairmanship?
where were they when kidnappers turned the whole eastern states to horror.
like i said, we have no ohanaeze ndigbo rather we have sets of gullible and selfish individuals parading themselves as ohanaeze and na only God go punish them.
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by jason123: 3:10pm On Nov 20, 2011
alj_harem:

Bayelsa, South-South

2. Arch. Namadi Sambo,

Now Tinubu has rivalry with Gej because of PDP. It has nothing to do with ethnicity. He had the same with OBJ and Afenifere.  It all has to do with the party.

Nice read. Thanks Alhaji! NW still took the cake after all. cheesy
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by PointB: 3:52pm On Nov 20, 2011
@Topic,

This show there is strong mutual respect between the Igbos and the other minorities in the SS.
Throwing the weight behind and Ijaw man, buries all antagonism of the past.

I am beginning to appreciate the strategy of Ohaneze. It is political sophistication at at acme.

I have said it earlier, that GEJ is impeached or force to resign, there would be war! Nigerians have voted him, we should allow him to work. it's a simple as that.

Any region who does not want GEJ should secede, and I can bet you, no one will force you to stay!

The Igbos just want Nigeria to work, or it's to your tent Oh Israel is Nigeria is not working.

Nigeria is the first choice for Igbos as can be seen by their ubiquitousness, but of course, it is important also to make back-up plans.
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by WilyiWily: 5:08pm On Nov 20, 2011
PointB:

I have said it earlier, that GEJ is impeached or force to resign, there would be war! Nigerians have voted him, we should allow him to work. it's a simple as that.

Any region who does not want GEJ should secede, and I can bet you, no one will force you to stay!
The only people that want Jonathan to fail by all means are the Fraudulent Yorubas and Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani collaborators, they were surprise that Ijaw man won the election.
The two useless tribe that are only good in Embezzling and looting national Coffers
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by PointB: 5:18pm On Nov 20, 2011
jason123:

]Talk about crying more than the bereaved[/color][/size]. Even Ijaws and SSoutherners are complaining. Useless elders! Instead of them to castigate when needed and praise when needed, all they know is a55licking *spits*.

Olodo. Where was it written elders. It's said Youth.

And why are you holding brief for them? Why are you crying more than the bereaved yourself? Is Ohaneze Yoruba, let alone Itsekiri, for you to even imagine calling them useless elders. Is that how you go about calling other people's elder's useless but would not want yours called same?

For you information, Nigeria is a democracy, and those youth are free to issue whatever communique they deem fit as what happens in the top, affects the bottom. And as far as I am concerned, they have spoken well. If you are looking for useless elders or youth, please search in your backyard where there is deafening silence on Nigeria issue.
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 20, 2011
guonno:

Yorubas loves nothin about GEJ because they hold no reasonable political office in this dispensation- dey needed senate president, they didnt get it, they needed deputy, dey dint get it, dey begged for speakership, dey dint get it, infact dey begged for evry important position but did not get it, if u igbos are in their position will u be happy? Lol. And u yorubas peoples, call what we do "follow-follow", but dont forget that politics is a game of follow"follow. U voted enmass for GEJ which is follow follow. No wonder u begged him to do something about the shortchanging u people faced, but unfortunately he did not do anything to effect a change or give u any reasonable position in the top polity, IS THAT NOT Y YOU ARE NOT LIKING HIM? Well the igbos feel that gboko haram is slowing down the speed of development in nigeria which indirectly affects them, ndigbo is ashamed that nigeria till now is not the envy of great countries like china and america. The igbos needs electricity in the south east, it is high time the igbos turned the east into the present day dubai. Innoson group now produces locally, 30% of what they use to assemble their vehicles, most other country manufacture at least 50 - 60% of the products made in their country. The tractors in borno state mechanization authirity has a made in china logo but the engine of these tractors are made in hong kong, therefore in no time innoson and annamco in Enugu will export cars to foreign countries. We need power for all the changes in the east, and the only presido whom is willing to give power to nigerians if allowed to, is been disturbed and u want us to keep shut? Well i dont blame u yoruba (cowards that has not said anything to gboko haram that has succeeded in chasing away all the potential investors from our country). OBJ did not fix power, rather he ate all the funds allocated to power, failed to repair our refinery because u dirty Yoruba people were importing fuel. This has come to an end, keep calling us follow-follow, while the we (igbos) rise again in nigeria. IGBO KWENU!

Honey, just pray that your lies aint true.
Because the Yorubas helped get him there and if the Yorubas dont like him anymore, he aint getting back in come 2015.

You simply suport GEJ because he's a Eastern Nigerian man, not because he has the brain or power to make Nigeria work. That there is tribalism.
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by PointB: 5:24pm On Nov 20, 2011
@topic,

Sanusi Lamido Sanusu, Central bank governor again is relevant here. He has shown us the nature of things in his bigoted way. So we are are all at alert and watching how things unfold.

By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi

[url]http://elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=57%3Asanusi-lamido-sanusi&id=868%3Ayorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi&Itemid=65[/url]

In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.

i. The Yoruba elite and area-boy politics;
ii. Igbo marginalisation and the responsible limits of retribution; and
iii. The Yoruba Factor and "Area-boy" Politics.

See also The Adulteress' Diary by Lamido Sanusi

My views on the Yoruba political leadership have been thoroughly articulated in some of my writings, prime among which was " Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. There was also an earlier publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History"  (Aug. 21, 1998).
[b]In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.
The Yoruba elite were the first, in 1962, to attempt a violent overthrow of an elected government in this country. In 1966, it was the violence in the West which provided an avenue for the putsch of 15th January. After Chief Awolowo lost to Shagari in 1983 elections, it was the discontent and bad publicity in the South-West which led to the Buhari intervention.
When Buhari jailed UPN governors like Ige and Onabanjo, the South-Western press castigated that good government and provided the right mood for IBB to take over power. As soon as IBB cleared UPN governors of charges against them in a politically motivated retrial, he became the darling of the South-West. When IBB annulled the primaries in which Adamu Ciroma and Shehu Yar Adua emerged as presidential candidates in the NRC and SDP, he was hailed by the South-West. When the same man annulled the June 12, 1993 elections in which Abiola was the front-runner, the South-West now became defenders of democracy.

When it seemed Sani Abacha was sympathetic to Abiola, the South-West supported his take-over. He was in fact invited by a prominent NADECO member to take over in a published letter shortly before the event. Even though Abiola had won the elections in the North, the North was blamed for its annulment. When Abdulsalam Abubakar started his transition, the Yoruba political leadership through NADECO presented a memorandum on a Government of National Unity that showed complete disrespect for the intelligence and liberties of other Nigerians.
[/b]

Subsequently, they formed a tribal party which failed to meet minimum requirements for registration, but was registered all the same to avoid the violence that was bound to follow non-registration, given the area-boy mentality of South-West politicians. Having rejected an Obasanjo candidacy and challenged the election as a fraud in court, we now find a leading member of the AD in the government, a daughter of an Afenifere leader as Minister of State, and Awolowo´s daughter as Ambassador, all appointed by a man who won the election through fraud.

Meanwhile, nothing has been negotiated for the children of Abiola, the focus of Yoruba political activity. In return for these favours, the AD solidly voted for Evan Enwerem as Senate President. This is a man who participated in the two-million- man March for Abacha´s self-succession. He also is reputed to have hosted a meeting of governors during IBB´s transition, demanding that June 12 elections should never be de-annulled and threatening that the East would go to war if this was done. When Ibrahim Salisu Buhari was accused of swearing to a false affidavit, the Yoruba political elite correctly took up the gauntlet for his resignation.

When an AD governor, Bola Tinubu, swears to a false affidavit that he attended an Ivy League University which he did not attend, we hear excuses.

For so many years, the Yoruba have inundated this country with stories of being marginalised and of a civil service dominated by northerners through quota system. The Federal Character Commission has recently released a report which shows that the  South-West accounts for 27.8% of civil servants in the range GL08 to GL14 and a full 29.5% of GL 15 and above. One zone out of six zones controls a full 30% of the civil service leaving the other five zones to share the remaining 70%. We find the same story in the economy, in academia, in parastatals.

Yet in spite of being so dominant, the Yoruba complained and complained of marginalization. Of recent, in recognition of the trauma which hit the South-West after June 12, the rest of the country forced everyone out of the race to ensure that a South-Westerner emerged, often against the best advice of political activists.

Instead of leading a path of reconciliation and strong appreciation, the Yoruba have embarked on short-sighted triumphalism, threatening other "nationalities" that they ( who after all lost the election) will protect Obasanjo ( who was forced on them). No less a person than Bola Ige has made such utterances.

To further show that they were in charge, they led a cult into the Hausa area of Sagamu, murdered a Hausa woman and nothing happened. In the violence that followed, they killed several Hausa residents, with Yoruba leaders like Segun Osoba, reminding Nigerians of the need to respect the culture of their host communities.  This would have continued were it not for the people of Kano who showed that they could also create their own Oro who would only be appeased through the shedding of innocent Yoruba blood.

I say all this, to support Balarabe Musa´s statement, that the greatest problem to nation-building in Nigeria are the Yoruba Bourgeoisie. I say this also to underscore my point that until they change this attitude, no conference can solve the problems of Nigeria. We cannot move forward if the leadership of one of the largest ethnic groups continues to operate, not like statesmen, but like common area boys.

iii.The Igbo Factor and the Reasonable Limits of Retribution.

The Igbo people of Nigeria have made a mark in the history of this nation. They led the first successful military coup which eliminated the Military and Political leaders of other regions while letting off Igbo leaders. Nwafor Orizu, then Senate President, in consultation with President Azikiwe, subverted the constitution and handed over power to Aguiyi-Ironsi.  Subsequent developments, including attempts at humiliating other peoples, led to the counter-coup and later the civil war. The Igbos themselves must acknowledge that they have a large part of the blame for shattering the unity of this country.

Having said that, this nation must realise that Igbos have more than paid for their foolishness. They have been defeated in war, rendered paupers by monetary policy fiat, their properties declared abandoned and confiscated, kept out of strategic public sector appointments and deprived of public services. The rest of the country forced them to remain in Nigeria and has continued to deny them equity.

The Northern Bourgeoisie and the Yoruba Bourgeoisie have conspired to keep the Igbo out of the scheme of things. In the recent transition when the Igbo solidly supported the PDP in the hope of an Ekwueme presidency, the North and South-West treated this as a Biafra agenda. Every rule set for the primaries, every gentleman´s agreement was set aside to ensure that Obasanjo, not Ekwueme emerged as the candidate. Things went as far as getting the Federal Government to hurriedly gazette a pardon. Now, with this government, the marginalistion of the Igbo is more complete than ever before. The Igbos have taken all these quietly because, they reason, they brought it upon themselves. But the nation is sitting on a time-bomb.

After the First World War, the victors treated Germany with the same contempt Nigeria is treating Igbos. Two decades later, there was a Second World War, far costlier than the first. Germany was again defeated, but this time, they won a more honourable peace. Our present political leaders have no sense of History. There is a new Igbo man, who was not born in 1966 and neither knows nor cares about Nzeogwu and Ojukwu. There are Igbo men on the street who were never Biafrans. They were born Nigerians, are Nigerians, but suffer because of actions of earlier generations. They will soon decide that it is better to fight their own war, and may be find an honourable peace, than to remain in this contemptible state in perpetuity.

The Northern Bourgeoisie and the Yoruba Bourgeoisie have exacted their pound of flesh from the Igbos. For one Sardauna, one Tafawa Balewa, one Akintola and one Okotie-Eboh, hundreds of thousands have died and suffered.

If this issue is not addressed immediately, no conference will solve Nigeria´s problems.

By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by ak47mann(m): 5:25pm On Nov 20, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Because the Yorubas helped get him there and if the Yorubas dont like him anymore, he aint getting back in come 2015.

You simply suport GEJ because he's a Eastern Nigerian man, not because he has the brain or power to make Nigeria work. That there is tribalism.

no he didn't mean it that way,he meant because yorubas collectively voted for ACN, that's why they lost a lot politically.
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by jason123: 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2011
PointB:

Olodo. Where was it written elders. It's said Youth.

And why are you holding brief for them? Why are you crying more than the bereaved yourself? Is Ohaneze Yoruba, let alone Itsekiri, for you to even imagine calling them useless elders. Is that how you go about calling other people's elder's useless but would not want yours called same?

For you information, Nigeria is a democracy, and those youth are free to issue whatever communique they deem fit as what happens in the top, affects the bottom. And as far as I am concerned, they have spoken well. If you are looking for useless elders or youth, please search in your backyard where there is deafening silence on Nigeria issue. 

Guy, I admit, I goofed in the elder/youth stuff.
Back to the topic, their statement is kinda stupi.d. Think about it.
Who wants a war in Nigeria? Forget the "tales my moonlight" story on NL. I don't want a war neither do the ND want a war. So because of one man, GEJ, Nigeria will go to war? No Nigeria? C'mon, its ridiculous. Nigerians have reached or are reaching an age of maturity where people do not care if you are Igbo, Hausa or Efik.

If GEJ is impeached today (God forbid) based on incompetence, there is NOTHING these youths can do except "shout". After all, the senate has the power, don't they?

When the North said Nigeria will be ungovernable, did they not lose??
It's only on the pages of the internet youths make mouth. There will still be a Nigeria because the project is more and more convincing as the day goes by, with or without GEJ or who ever is there. No region dares try to make trouble if he was removed constitutionally. Thus, the statement, "crying more than the bereaved".
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 20, 2011
ak47mann:

no he didn't mean it that way,he meant because yorubas collectively voted for ACN, that's why they lost a lot politically.

Yorubas do not hate GEJ because they "lose a lot politically while collectively voting for ACN". Too many tribalistic ignoramus here.
Yorubas knew what they would lose when we voted for ACN, but they wanted to get out of the shackles of PDP.
Go back to all those positions wanted and you'll see that it's SW PDP desiring for those positions. When the SW PDP had those positions in the past, nothing was done for the SW. So why should we, the citizens of SW, aggress because PDP could not hold those positions?

Could you ppl learn your facts before posting garbage for respect sake?
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by ak47mann(m): 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2011
PointB:

@topic,

Sanusi Lamido Sanusu, Central bank governor again is relevant here. He has shown us the nature of things in his bigoted way. So we are are all at alert and watching how things unfold.

By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi

[url]http://elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=57%3Asanusi-lamido-sanusi&id=868%3Ayorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi&Itemid=65[/url]

In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.

i. The Yoruba elite and area-boy politics;
ii. Igbo marginalisation and the responsible limits of retribution; and
iii. The Yoruba Factor and "Area-boy" Politics.

See also The Adulteress' Diary by Lamido Sanusi

My views on the Yoruba political leadership have been thoroughly articulated in some of my writings, prime among which was " Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. There was also an earlier publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History"  (Aug. 21, 1998).
[b]In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.
The Yoruba elite were the first, in 1962, to attempt a violent overthrow of an elected government in this country. In 1966, it was the violence in the West which provided an avenue for the putsch of 15th January. After Chief Awolowo lost to Shagari in 1983 elections, it was the discontent and bad publicity in the South-West which led to the Buhari intervention.
When Buhari jailed UPN governors like Ige and Onabanjo, the South-Western press castigated that good government and provided the right mood for IBB to take over power. As soon as IBB cleared UPN governors of charges against them in a politically motivated retrial, he became the darling of the South-West. When IBB annulled the primaries in which Adamu Ciroma and Shehu Yar Adua emerged as presidential candidates in the NRC and SDP, he was hailed by the South-West. When the same man annulled the June 12, 1993 elections in which Abiola was the front-runner, the South-West now became defenders of democracy.

When it seemed Sani Abacha was sympathetic to Abiola, the South-West supported his take-over. He was in fact invited by a prominent NADECO member to take over in a published letter shortly before the event. Even though Abiola had won the elections in the North, the North was blamed for its annulment. When Abdulsalam Abubakar started his transition, the Yoruba political leadership through NADECO presented a memorandum on a Government of National Unity that showed complete disrespect for the intelligence and liberties of other Nigerians.
[/b]

Subsequently, they formed a tribal party which failed to meet minimum requirements for registration, but was registered all the same to avoid the violence that was bound to follow non-registration, given the area-boy mentality of South-West politicians. Having rejected an Obasanjo candidacy and challenged the election as a fraud in court, we now find a leading member of the AD in the government, a daughter of an Afenifere leader as Minister of State, and Awolowo´s daughter as Ambassador, all appointed by a man who won the election through fraud.

Meanwhile, nothing has been negotiated for the children of Abiola, the focus of Yoruba political activity. In return for these favours, the AD solidly voted for Evan Enwerem as Senate President. This is a man who participated in the two-million- man March for Abacha´s self-succession. He also is reputed to have hosted a meeting of governors during IBB´s transition, demanding that June 12 elections should never be de-annulled and threatening that the East would go to war if this was done. When Ibrahim Salisu Buhari was accused of swearing to a false affidavit, the Yoruba political elite correctly took up the gauntlet for his resignation.

When an AD governor, Bola Tinubu, swears to a false affidavit that he attended an Ivy League University which he did not attend, we hear excuses.

For so many years, the Yoruba have inundated this country with stories of being marginalised and of a civil service dominated by northerners through quota system. The Federal Character Commission has recently released a report which shows that the  South-West accounts for 27.8% of civil servants in the range GL08 to GL14 and a full 29.5% of GL 15 and above. One zone out of six zones controls a full 30% of the civil service leaving the other five zones to share the remaining 70%. We find the same story in the economy, in academia, in parastatals.

Yet in spite of being so dominant, the Yoruba complained and complained of marginalization. Of recent, in recognition of the trauma which hit the South-West after June 12, the rest of the country forced everyone out of the race to ensure that a South-Westerner emerged, often against the best advice of political activists.

Instead of leading a path of reconciliation and strong appreciation, the Yoruba have embarked on short-sighted triumphalism, threatening other "nationalities" that they ( who after all lost the election) will protect Obasanjo ( who was forced on them). No less a person than Bola Ige has made such utterances.

To further show that they were in charge, they led a cult into the Hausa area of Sagamu, murdered a Hausa woman and nothing happened. In the violence that followed, they killed several Hausa residents, with Yoruba leaders like Segun Osoba, reminding Nigerians of the need to respect the culture of their host communities.  This would have continued were it not for the people of Kano who showed that they could also create their own Oro who would only be appeased through the shedding of innocent Yoruba blood.

I say all this, to support Balarabe Musa´s statement, that the greatest problem to nation-building in Nigeria are the Yoruba Bourgeoisie. I say this also to underscore my point that until they change this attitude, no conference can solve the problems of Nigeria. We cannot move forward if the leadership of one of the largest ethnic groups continues to operate, not like statesmen, but like common area boys.

iii.The Igbo Factor and the Reasonable Limits of Retribution.

The Igbo people of Nigeria have made a mark in the history of this nation. They led the first successful military coup which eliminated the Military and Political leaders of other regions while letting off Igbo leaders. Nwafor Orizu, then Senate President, in consultation with President Azikiwe, subverted the constitution and handed over power to Aguiyi-Ironsi.  Subsequent developments, including attempts at humiliating other peoples, led to the counter-coup and later the civil war. The Igbos themselves must acknowledge that they have a large part of the blame for shattering the unity of this country.

Having said that, this nation must realise that Igbos have more than paid for their foolishness. They have been defeated in war, rendered paupers by monetary policy fiat, their properties declared abandoned and confiscated, kept out of strategic public sector appointments and deprived of public services. The rest of the country forced them to remain in Nigeria and has continued to deny them equity.

The Northern Bourgeoisie and the Yoruba Bourgeoisie have conspired to keep the Igbo out of the scheme of things. In the recent transition when the Igbo solidly supported the PDP in the hope of an Ekwueme presidency, the North and South-West treated this as a Biafra agenda. Every rule set for the primaries, every gentleman´s agreement was set aside to ensure that Obasanjo, not Ekwueme emerged as the candidate. Things went as far as getting the Federal Government to hurriedly gazette a pardon. Now, with this government, the marginalistion of the Igbo is more complete than ever before. The Igbos have taken all these quietly because, they reason, they brought it upon themselves. But the nation is sitting on a time-bomb.

After the First World War, the victors treated Germany with the same contempt Nigeria is treating Igbos. Two decades later, there was a Second World War, far costlier than the first. Germany was again defeated, but this time, they won a more honourable peace. Our present political leaders have no sense of History. There is a new Igbo man, who was not born in 1966 and neither knows nor cares about Nzeogwu and Ojukwu. There are Igbo men on the street who were never Biafrans. They were born Nigerians, are Nigerians, but suffer because of actions of earlier generations. They will soon decide that it is better to fight their own war, and may be find an honourable peace, than to remain in this contemptible state in perpetuity.

The Northern Bourgeoisie and the Yoruba Bourgeoisie have exacted their pound of flesh from the Igbos. For one Sardauna, one Tafawa Balewa, one Akintola and one Okotie-Eboh, hundreds of thousands have died and suffered.

If this issue is not addressed immediately, no conference will solve Nigeria´s problems.

By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
bolded man i thought my yoruba people are accommodating shocked :oWOW,
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by PointB: 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2011
jason123:

Guy, I admit, I goofed in the elder/youth stuff.
Back to the topic, their statement is kinda stupi.d. Think about it.
Who wants a war in Nigeria? Forget the "tales my moonlight" story on NL. I don't want a war neither do the ND want a war. So because of one man, GEJ, Nigeria will go to war? No Nigeria? C'mon, its ridiculous. Nigerians have reached or are reaching an age of maturity where people do not care if you are Igbo, Hausa or Efik.

If GEJ is impeached today (God forbid) based on incompetence, there is NOTHING these youths can do except "shout". After all, the senate has the power, don't they?

When the North said Nigeria will be ungovernable, did they not lose??
It's only on the pages of the internet youths make mouth. There will still be a Nigeria because the project is more and more convincing as the day goes by, with or without GEJ or who ever is there. No region dares try to make trouble if he was removed constitutionally. Thus, the statement, "crying more than the bereaved".

No one want war, and GEJ can not be impeached on the basis of some flimsy incompetence allegation by malicious regional media. We see through the devices and schemes of various people who are not happy that a minority from Ijawland one the oil producing region is at the helm of affairs.

And we do not see GEJ as one man, we rather see him as someone who has the support of over 22 million people. GEJ can  only be removed by natural cause or by ballot.

Forget what you hear on Nairaland, scheming out GEJ by fraudulent constitutional means will spell doom. Those who love this country should not contemplate it. This is what those youth are saying.

And they are not alone!
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by jason123: 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Ezeokwu! You hit the nail on its head.
There is a difference when a man is voted based on competence and when is man is voted based on tribalism/regional paraposim.
Is the SS any better off? But again, I can understand why they behave the way they did during the elections.

ak47mann:

Lost a lot? In what sense? Please, can someone show me who lost and gained in the after-math of the election? The SOUTH lost a lot. There was a southern solidarity during the election and that is what gave GEJ the victory, NOT 99% VOTES OR THE WIDE SPREAD OF IGBOS IN THE NATION. He knows this, OBJ also knows this.

According to the link Harem brought out, the NW gained more than any region so what is all this bragging about? Try to read the link, you'll understand the bigger picture.
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 20, 2011
[size=18pt]Having said that, this nation must realise that Igbos have more than paid for their foolishness[/size]. They have been defeated in war, rendered paupers by monetary policy fiat, their properties declared abandoned and confiscated, kept out of strategic public sector appointments and deprived of public services. The rest of the country forced them to remain in Nigeria and has continued to deny them equity.

By what I'm reading by the Igbos on this thread, this is another misled opinion by Sanusi. They have yet to learn.
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by PointB: 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2011
jason123:

Ezeokwu! You hit the nail on its head.
There is a difference when a man is voted based on competence and when is man is voted based on tribalism/regional paraposim.
Is the SS any better off? But again, I can understand why they behave the way they did during the elections.

Lost a lot? In what sense? Please, can someone show me who lost and gained in the after-math of the election? The SOUTH lost a lot. There was a southern solidarity during the election and that is what gave GEJ the victory, NOT 99% VOTES OR THE WIDE SPREAD OF IGBOS IN THE NATION. He knows this, OBJ also knows this.

According to the link Harem brought out, the NW gained more than any region so what is all this bragging about? Try to read the link, you'll understand the bigger picture.

Why was Obansanjo voted for by the SW in 2007? Why did SW voted for GEJ in 2011?
So when one group vote for a president of the choice it is tribalism, whereas for the other it is not?

My friend, stop supporting useless hypocrites, unless of course you are one yourself!

And I don't know what you guys are calling bragging by winners or losers as there is none. The point is that GEJ is Nigeria at the moment, and we must all live with him.
And maybe in 2011 if we decide to go for David Mark, a lesser evil!
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 20, 2011
Lost a lot? In what sense?[size=18pt] Please, can someone show me who lost and gained in the after-math of the election? [/size]The SOUTH lost a lot. There was a southern solidarity during the election and that is what gave GEJ the victory, NOT 99% VOTES OR THE WIDE SPREAD OF IGBOS IN THE NATION. He knows this, OBJ also knows this.

Good question. So who can answer this?
What did we lose exactly? Particularly what the SW lost and how it affected the SW before and after the election.

Any ediot is welcomed to answer the question.
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by PointB: 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2011
ak47mann:

bolded man i thought my yoruba people are accommodating shocked :oWOW,

Some bunch of treacherous hypocrites, aptly exposed and described by their bigoted friend.
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by jason123: 5:48pm On Nov 20, 2011
PointB:

No one want war, and GEJ can not be impeached on the basis of some flimsy incompetence allegation by malicious regional media. We see through the devices and schemes of various people who are not happy that a minority from Ijawland one the oil producing region is at the helm of affairs.

And we do not see GEJ as one man, we rather see him as someone who has the support of over 22 million people. GEJ can  only be removed by natural cause or by ballot.

Forget what you hear on Nairaland, scheming out GEJ by fraudulent constitutional means will spell doom. Those who love this country should not contemplate it. This is what those youth are saying.

And they are not alone!  
What doom? LOL. So, if the senates votes to impeach him, Nigeria is doomed?? You must be joking! What, the SS will fight a war? The SE will fight a war for the SS? Or a new militant group with GEJ'S name plastered all over it will fight a war for GEJ?? Or MEND will pick up arms after they have been granted amnesty? Or the "South" will fight against "God knows who"?
C'mon man, people do not have time for that again. The military will never accept that. Any region that tries BS will be crushed, the NORTH and SOUTH knows this. The Ijaws know this(odi and co), with all due respect to by brothers, the whole SS knows this. The SE SIMPLY CANNOT AFFORD TO TRY A WAR AGAIN, your elders knows this. The SW are too "cowardly" (in your own words) to try anything. So what war? Oil war? Lol. In as much as I know this is not the 60's, it took the Nigerian army 12 days to crush ND republic.

Guy, no one wants to face a war that we will never know the end.

In as much as everyone knows that Nigeria is a contraption for neo-colonisation, we simply cannot help it. Its all we have got. In about 100 years time, some dialects will die and we will have less than 20 major languages from 350. This will keep happening, be rest assured.

Niaraland detaches people from the reality at times. How many NDealtans want ND republic? Let's start from there. Once you know the TRUE answer to that question, it will smack you in the face, that there will be no war. At worst, militancy like MEND, OPC and now BK.
Re: No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram by PointB: 5:54pm On Nov 20, 2011
jason123:

What doom? LOL. So, if the senates votes to impeach him, Nigeria is doomed?? You must be joking! What, the SS will fight a war? The SE will fight a war for the SS? Or a new militant group with GEJ'S name plastered all over it will fight a war for GEJ?? Or MEND will pick up arms after they have been granted amnesty? Or the "South" will fight against "God knows who"?
C'mon man, people do not have time for that again. The military will never accept that. Any region that tries BS will be crushed, the NORTH and SOUTH knows this. The Ijaws know this(odi and co), with all due respect to by brothers, the whole SS knows this. The SE SIMPLY CANNOT AFFORD TO TRY A WAR AGAIN, your elders knows this. The SW are too "cowardly" (in your own words) to try anything. So what war? Oil war? Lol. In as much as I know this is not the 60's, it took the Nigerian army 12 days to crush ND republic.

Guy, no one wants to face a war that we will never know the end.

In as much as everyone knows that Nigeria is a contraption for neo-colonisation, we simply cannot help it. Its all we have got. In about 100 years time, some dialects will die and we will have less than 20 major languages from 350. This will keep happening, be rest assured.

Niaraland detaches people from the reality at times. How many NDealtans want ND republic? Let's start from there. Once you know the TRUE answer to that question, it will smack you in the face, that there will be no war. At worst, militancy like MEND, OPC and now BK.

Anyway, I wont blame you. You are neither here no there so stop deluding yourself. The only ND who scorns ND republic or Biafra (SS/SE) is you, and we all know why. So quit pretending you count for much!
Go ahead and ask your Senate to impeach him for whatever reason and let's see how it goes down. It is not by mouth!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway / MISSING $20BILLION Can Build 10 Burj Khalifa ─ FASHOLA / Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 210
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.