Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun (14301 Views)

Cardoso: $2.4bn FX Claims Not Valid, $2.3bn Settled, $2.2bn Outstanding / Cost Of Anambra Airport Is 6bn Naira/$16m Not $2.2bn - Somtoo Okoye / FG Seeks Fresh $2.5bn World Bank Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 8:37pm On Apr 21
Believeintruth:

What manufacturing has Tinubu initiated?
Lekki free trade zone was created by Tinubu to encourage trade and manufacturing. Now we have the Largest refinery in the world in that zone exporting and bringing in foreign exchange.
That's just one example right off my head.
Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by SIRAO(m): 8:49pm On Apr 21
Melagros:
COMRADES, this is the government which vowed never to borrow a dime, unfortunately, reverse now is the case

Most of you 're economic illiterates. is there any government that does not borrow to fund economic activities? go to school you refuse .
Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by tomwealth: 8:53pm On Apr 21
Negative. Borrowing to finance budget at this critical time with all the multiple taxes and other areas the FED has been generating revenues will not signal a boom for Nigeria eco
Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by Babastrong(m): 8:56pm On Apr 21
If i see this type of money, i will yahayabellow and never come back to nigeria again.
Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by VictorGeneral4(m): 8:58pm On Apr 21
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Nigeria-set-to-receive-fresh-$2.2bn-World-Bank-loan-Edun
Hit the ground running
Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by godofuck231: 9:07pm On Apr 21
Another self poisoning aided by our fellow Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by PHAYOL81: 9:24pm On Apr 21
It's well.
Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by Daystar7: 9:25pm On Apr 21
Where's the proceeds saved from fuel subsidy removal?? All of you supporting this government to continue this impunity while making lives hard for innocent citizens will never go unpunished. God will judge you all and ur children's children will reap this evil seeds y'all sown.
As a kid in 2005-2011, my Dad gave #200 to sch and I was a big boy a sec sch student, now my son gives me bombastic side eye when I give him #500 and he's still in Nursery sch oo. I don't know how to beg you people to stop esp Yoruba people. We don't hate you guys, give us Osinbajo and we won't oppose him to a certain extent cos we know his capabilities but Tinubu is a No no. His very first statement put this country into a deep mess, yet y'all still think this is abt tribalism. I'm tired of this country

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by bizzibodi(m): 9:33pm On Apr 21
Loan for what again?
Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by sulaak(m): 9:52pm On Apr 21
nairalanda1:
Hmm

Im gonna post this there. Do not read by the way cheesy

FOR THE SOURCE GO HERE

WE ARE going to borrow and keep borrowing until we follow Obi and Moghalu advice and...manufactured goods and services, and allow the free market work its magic in the power and petrol sector which means removal of subsides and cost reflective tarrifs...like some other African country...

You think only Obi and Moghalu are advising Nigeria to focus on industrial development
Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by SPAMBOX7: 10:09pm On Apr 21
So they used 2.2billi to defend niara only to go borrow it again.
Omo this our leaders no mean well for the country at all. Who swear for this country don die troway
Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by Versal: 10:17pm On Apr 21
Use it and buy weapon and come and terrorize Biafra,
so that Zoogeria will be forcefully one.
You will use them in Biafra land.

When my people are ready, we will pledge allegiance
to Russia and get our freedom.

Very simple. The Zoo cannot do shiit about it.
Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by Segxydube: 10:38pm On Apr 21
helinues:
Toh

As long as what you are using the loans for are visible, we have no issue

Visible for emilokan govt? Dey play🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by Segxydube: 10:40pm On Apr 21
KingKO22:
US, UK, China, India anc other developed countries also borrow to support their economy so I don't think borrowing is a bad idea but using it judiciously should be our concern

Oga stop comparing this ušeless country with sensible ones... Yaya is accused of stealing 80bn as in nigerian politicians no care about citizens... They keep embezzling the future of the nation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:45pm On Apr 21
grandstar:

Many of you people fail to understand one thing: APC and Buhari are different.

Tinubu realized he had made a grave mistake in making Buhari president. The deed had already been done

His party were only forced to put up with him because he guaranteed them the presidency for another 4years.

Many in his party called him an illiterate behind his back. Despite his educational disadvantage (He isn't well read), he listens to no one.

Many of the policies Tinubu has implemented today are the opposite of what Buhari's.

A foundation of one of Buhari's economic policies was the pegged exchange rates which which never reflected its true value. This policy alone accounted for 80% of the reason the economy ran aground during those 8 dreadful years.

Tinubus determination to merge exchanges was the complete opposite of Buharis. This has destroyed the days of rountripping which made many billionaires by simply buying at the official rate and reselling at the black market rate for humongous profits.

Tinubu has to undo the damage Buharis government has done and that is putting the economy on the right footing.

Alright, I think he is the right man to undo what his friend did if that's the case....

But 8 wasted years is not 8 weeks anyway....let's continue to pray for a better Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by Inosky(m): 10:59pm On Apr 21
Even with removal of fuel subsidy and electricity subsidy and many deregulations, Tinupooo is trading the remaining future left of the country after use!ess Buhari's administration

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by cucumbar: 11:22pm On Apr 21
grandstar:
This is the World Bank rewarding the present government for implementing policies that reduce wastes such as the partial removal of petsubsidies diea and an increase in electricity tariffs.

However, the governments needs to go further. I have always been a fan of shock therapy rather than the slow and steady methods.

The price of petrol needs to be completely deregulated as already done with diesel and kerosene.

Next, should be the deregulation of the price of electricity. Once electricity providers are able to charge cost reflective prices for their power, it would encourage massive investments by the Discos into upgrading their network and Gencos into building more power plants. New players will even enter the industry with this incentive.

Government should go further and slash company taxes to 15% or less. Low corporate taxes have the incredible Incentive of encouraging massive Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) into economies that apply them. Charles Soludo said if FDI totalling 5% of GDP flows in yearly, by the fifth year, the economy will be growing too fast that it would overheat.

na only mouth Una get.....paper economist.

all the ones they removed, how has it helped your life?

agbadorians are just useless sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by OChimex: 12:50am On Apr 22
helinues:
Toh

Honestly at this point people like you deserve their wicked senseless greedy leaders.

Not even a year in power, Tinibu has borrowed more than Buhari 8 years.

Now just point out one tangible thing that has been done with the loans which has made life easy for a common man like you?
Before you come with una obedience bla bla bla, check my profile, I am not one of those hungry sycophants that supports any politician

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by Ilekokonit: 1:19am On Apr 22
GanagiBitrus:
While growing up, I used to hear...
"He Who Goes Borrowing, Goes Sorrowing" smiley

Also, the rich ruleth over the poor and the borrower is a servant to the lender.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by olatuns2017: 2:38am On Apr 22
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Nigeria-set-to-receive-fresh-$2.2bn-World-Bank-loan-Edun

Grant
Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by Believeintruth: 3:11am On Apr 22
IPIGSRSHALLOW:

Lekki free trade zone was created by Tinubu to encourage trade and manufacturing. Now we have the Largest refinery in the world in that zone exporting and bringing in foreign exchange.
That's just one example right off my head.

Oga calm down and stop being stupid. Where isnthe manufacturing in Lekki free trade zone and how much FX has entered via Lekki free trade zone how much jobs has been created. Bring the statistics first then we can talk. It is clear you don't even have that data.
Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 4:03am On Apr 22
Believeintruth:

Oga calm down and stop being stupid. Where isnthe manufacturing in Lekki free trade zone and how much FX has entered via Lekki free trade zone how much jobs has been created. Bring the statistics first then we can talk. It is clear you don't even have that data.
When you have decided to stop being dumb and stupid, kindly let NL know. I'm done arguing with a dumb ass retard.

Bye
Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:27am On Apr 22
helinues:
Toh

This is the 8th year of borrowing by APC.

What visible thing have you seen so far??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by Lizzysamuel(f): 5:30am On Apr 22
KingKO22:
US, UK, China, India anc other developed countries also borrow to support their economy so I don't think borrowing is a bad idea but using it judiciously should be our concern

Excuses you use to console yourself 😂

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by nairalanda1(m): 5:57am On Apr 22
sulaak:

You think only Obi and Moghalu are advising Nigeria to focus on industrial development

No, also...ME.
Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by Chiefpriestt: 7:13am On Apr 22
helinues:
Toh

It's not easy supporting this Apc govt. Helinues go find work leave this nonsense you're doing
Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by grandstar(m): 8:54am On Apr 22
anonimi:

What did he do with the debts and increased IGR plus federal allocation to the economy of Lagos compared with Mobolaji Johnson, Jakande and Marwa as well as Awolowo who created the Ikeja industrial complex with several factories

How was the teacher to students ratio in 1999 compared to now? Hectolitres of water change in the last 25 years? Healthcare workers ratio to the population?

First and foremost, I'm sure the money accruing to Mobalaji Johnson and Jakande were higher in real terms or based on per capita bases.

The population of Lagos state was much smaller during those day.

The money accruing to the state today, even if spent very prudently can't achieve the student teacher ratios you speak. In the health, LASUTH beats LUTH any day. It is well run I must admit.

Nevertheless, one can't deny the Jakande and Mobolaji performed quite well.

As for Marwa, he was a magician. With very little money, he focused on where he'd make the most impact such as filling potholes and duallizing Ketu to Ikorodu road.

Present day Lagos could do much more but sadly, endemic corruption is part and parcel of the society..

The form of corruption the country practices is hideous. People see political as primarily the main priority is self enrichment, then other things follow.

This was the legacy of the Babangida regime and which the Abacha junta solicited. The primary goal pf office is to become stupendiously rich. In addition, Babangida also made mediocrity respectable. The populace hails thieving politicians and called them "my brother."

Imagine the senseless pensions Tinubu awarded himself after leaving office as governor? Yet, there was no backlash strong enough to push him to cancel it

Lagos has done fairly well but could have done better if sleaze was much lower. The government has done well in creating institutions that cater to its citizens. Is the church beside you blaring music to heavens? Call LASEMA. There are many like that. In this regard, they beat Jakande and Mobolaji. They are good administrators.

Just look how Tinubu has dealt with money spraying? Laws need teeth.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by anonimi: 9:27am On Apr 22
grandstar:
First and foremost, I'm sure the money accruing to Mobalaji Johnson and Jakande were higher in real terms or based on per capita bases.

The population of Lagos state was much smaller during those day.

The money accruing to the state today, even if spent very prudently can't achieve the student teacher ratios you speak. In the health, LASUTH beats LUTH any day. It is well run I must admit.

Nevertheless, one can't deny the Jakande and Mobolaji performed quite well.

As for Marwa, he was a magician. With very little money, he focused on where he'd make the most impact such as filling potholes and duallizing Ketu to Ikorodu road.

Present day Lagos could do much more but sadly, endemic corruption is part and parcel of the society..

The form of corruption the country practices is hideous. People see political as primarily the main priority is self enrichment, then other things follow.

This was the legacy of the Babangida regime and which the Abacha junta solicited. The primary goal pf office is to become stupendiously rich. In addition, Babangida also made mediocrity respectable. The populace hails thieving politicians and called them "my brother."

Imagine the senseless pensions Tinubu awarded himself after leaving office as governor? Yet, there was no backlash strong enough to push him to cancel it

Lagos has done fairly well but could have done better if sleaze was much lower. The government has done well in creating institutions that cater to its citizens. Is the church beside you blaring music to heavens? Call LASEMA. There are many like that. In this regard, they beat Jakande and Mobolaji. They are good administrators.

Just look how Tinubu has dealt with money spraying? Laws need teeth.

Labouring in vain to defend the indefensible, no matter how stylishly done makes the defender look somehow ( to put it mildly.

You are sure per capita revenue is lower now than in Mobolaji-Johnson and Jakande times but fail to provide details for your assurance while talking about how corrupt Tinubu and his stooges have been since 1999?

How much was oil sold for in the 1960s and the early 1980s?
How much IGR was squeezed from the masses in those periods?
What was the population then versus now?

eluquenson:
REVISITING SOME OF THE LATEEF JAKANDE'S GOVERNMENT ACHIEVEMENTS FROM OCTOBER 1979 TO DECEMBER 1983 (FOUR YEARS AND 3 MONTHS) IN LAGOS STATE

* His government built the current Lagos State Secretariat which houses all the state ministries as well as the popular round house hitherto occupied by all subsequent governors of the state.

* His government built the Lagos State House of Assembly complex.

* His government built the Lagos State Television

* His government built the Lagos Radio

* His government built Lagos State University

* His government established General Hospital in zones all over the state with assurance of free health care.

* His government established Teacher Training College and the College of Education.

* His government built low cost houses in Ijaiye, Dolphin, Oke-Afa, Ije, Abesan, Iponri, Ipaja, Abule Nla, Epe, Amuwo-Odofin, Anikantamo, Surulere, Iba, Ikorodu, Badagry, Isheri/Olowu, Orisigun etc.

* His government established the Water Management Board and Waste Disposal Board on the 18th of August, 1980.

* His government constructed the Adiyan Water Works to increase water supply in the state to 18.16 million litres per day.

* His government modernized and expanded the Iju Water Works which was first commissioned in 1915. This increased daily capacity from 159 million to 204 million litres per day.

* His government purchased and commissioned the giant car crusher equipment. The equipment was designed specifically to crush derelict vehicles in Lagos State. It had the capacity to crush 45 vehicles per day.

* His government constructed, rehabilitated and resurfaced Epe/Ijebu-Ode Road, Oba Akran Avenue, Toyin Street, Town Planning Way, Alimosho-Idimu-Egbe Road, Idimu-Iba-LASU Road, the new secretariat road and several others.

* His government constructed Victoria Island/Epe Road and thereby creating an ‘oil rig’ for Lagos State.

* His government established Asphalt Plant for the Department of Public Works.

* His government established Electricity Board for Rural Electrification with provision of street lights.

* His government modernized, expanded and commissioned Onikan Stadium in 1982.

* His government established a singular school system and ensured genuine free education in Lagos State and the beneficiaries of this policy are in different positions of eminence in the country and around the world.

* His government raised the primary schools in Lagos State to 812 with 533,001 pupils (against 605 primary schools with 434,545 pupils he met in 1979) and secondary schools to 223 with 167,629 students (against 105 schools with 107,835 students in 1979).

* His government constructed 11, 729 classrooms with the maximum of 40 children per class between March and August 1980, by 1983, he had constructed over 22,000 classrooms.

* In July 1983, two commercial passenger boats christened "Baba Kekere and Itafaji" to run the Mile 2 - Marina (CMS) route via the lagoons were inaugurated by his government to mark the official launch of the Lagos State ferry services.

* His government took over the ownership and financing of Lagos State Printing Corporation in July 1980

* His government established the first State Traffic Management Authority (Road Marshals).

* His government established small scale Industries Credit Scheme which preceded the EKO bank.

*His government established LASACO Insurance.

*His government expanded existing market and built new ones.

*His government established Traditional Medicine Board.

WHO SAYS 4 YEARS IN OFFICE IS NOT ENOUGH FOR MEANINGFUL ACHIEVEMENTS?

IT'S A FACT THAT 90% OF GOVERNORS IN NIGERIA SINCE 1999 WITH REVENUES AT THEIR DISPOSAL CANNOT BOAST OF A QUARTER OF THESE ACHIEVEMENTS EVEN WITHIN THEIR EIGHT YEARS IN OFFICE.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by DatNiggaDaz: 9:32am On Apr 22
CodeTemplar:
between then and now, subsidies have been removed. Forex subsidy. Petrol. Electricity.
Next is education and health. Then they will get a huge loan to loot for their efforts towards positioning Nigeria for recolonisation.
You are the only sensible one here.

Tinubulators dey rejoice grin grin

Nigerians don't know where they are dipping their hands into. Dark abyss

grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by DatNiggaDaz: 9:35am On Apr 22
EmiloCorn:
AAHHHHHHH Eshiiin

My oga is working 💪

Time to loot sorry, I mean route the money into the proper channels wink
grin grin

Eshiin baba bullion vans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by grandstar(m): 10:17am On Apr 22
anonimi:

Labouring in vain to defend the indefensible, no matter how stylishly done makes the defender look somehow ( to put it mildly.

You are sure per capita revenue is lower now than in Mobolaji-Johnson and Jakande times but fail to provide details for your assurance while talking about how corrupt Tinubu and his stooges have been since 1999?

How much was oil sold for in the 1960s and the early 1980s?
How much IGR was squeezed from the masses in those periods?
What was the population then versus now?

Laboring in vain to defend the indefensible grin grin grin

You sound like a supporter of Peter Obi who came third but incredulously believes he won the election. That's delusional.

From your stats, jakande did very well. I did not know this much.

Do you think Peter Obi would get anything done with both Houses filled with the opposition? He'll be mincemeat. He'd be forced to dish out pork (corruption) before the senate or house of reps approves things.

I am apolitical. I don't even vote.

What I pointed out in my post was the political realities of our time. Even Peter Obi would be considered unelectable in the UK for not declaring the $15m) he had stashed overseas. Where did he get the haul from sef?

During Jakandes time, the schools he constructed were called "poultry sheds." His take over of many elitist schools led to there eventual demise. However, I still give him top rating in education.

Soludo refused to even endorse Peter Obi. He wasn't impressed by his record in office.

You need to wake up and accept the climes of today. The only way endemic corruption can be fought is when a strong middle say "no more."

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Set To Receive Fresh $2.2bn World Bank Loan – Edun by anonimi: 11:06am On Apr 22
grandstar:
Laboring in vain to defend the indefensible grin grin grin

You sound like a supporter of Peter Obi who came third but incredulously believes he won the election. That's delusional.

From your stats, jakande did very well. I did not know this much.

Do you think Peter Obi would get anything done with both Houses filled with the opposition? He'll be mincemeat. He'd be forced to dish out pork (corruption) before the senate or house of reps approves things.

I am apolitical. I don't even vote.

What I pointed out in my post was the political realities of our time. Even Peter Obi would be considered unelectable in the UK for not declaring the $15m) he had stashed overseas. Where did he get the haul from sef?

During Jakandes time, the schools he constructed were called "poultry sheds." His take over of many elitist schools led to there eventual demise. However, I still give him top rating in education.

Soludo refused to even endorse Peter Obi. He wasn't impressed by his record in office.

You need to wake up and accept the climes of today. The only way endemic corruption can be fought is when a strong middle say "no more."

Thanks for acknowledging your insufficient information about Jakande.

I am not an Obi supporter, since he left PDP for his desperate bid that helped Tinubu become president. I have a thread about him here:

https://www.nairaland.com/7277602/peter-obi-reference-thread

I am very political and not only vote but do my best to mobilise others to vote in addition to contributing in various ways to promote private sector capitalist inustrialisation plus free education and health. I know that everything about each one of us is determined by politicians through public policies.

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Child Kidnap, Rape, imprisonment, Forced Islamisation/marriage by Sharia Court / Recession: How Can Nigeria Revive its Economy? / What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.