Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo (10051 Views)

Student Loan Scheme Will Take Off In January – Tinubu / Student Loan: Nigeria Students On Thank You Visit To President Bola Tinubu / Details Of The Student Loan Bill Signed By President Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by Elsucre: 7:01am On Apr 23
Baba Iyabo is at it again..... could this be as a result of another unrefined weed from Ota??

2 Likes

Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by femicyrus(m): 7:06am On Apr 23
What is the salary of a major general/GCFR that will make him to float a private university if not by corruption?
A man who should strengthen public Institutions as president in favour of the poor masses went on to establish a private university for the rich while neglecting the poor. The same Man want the rich to colonize fund meant for the poor as loan.
Very selfish and wicked. He wants more students in his university via government loan not minding the survival of public Institutions.

3 Likes

Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by SEGLIZ: 7:06am On Apr 23
article1:
If parents have the capacity to send their children to private university that pay higher amount as school fees then, what do they need the FG loan for? This loan according to the FG is to assist the children of the downtrodden in the society...
this baba should please hold his peace, why didn't he implement same during his government even when the economy was better? they just know a way of turning the citizens against the government of the day. though I'm not a fan or supporter of this government but still baba should not add more to the problem he refused to solve within his eight years.

2 Likes

Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by babalose: 7:08am On Apr 23
In most cases, the people who can afford private university pay more in taxes so why shouldnt they benefit from the tax they pay? Lets be realist, its a loan not a gift.
Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by Iseoluwani: 7:08am On Apr 23
article1:
If parents have the capacity to send their children to private university that pay higher amount as school fees then, what do they need the FG loan for? This loan according to the FG is to assist the children of the downtrodden in the society.

I disagree with you, a parent may I have other motive, if I send my child to Private uni, my reason might be because I don't want him to face strike, which waste people time. So I will pay through thick and thin to achieve that.

1 Like

Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by Iseoluwani: 7:09am On Apr 23
babalose:
[b][/b]In most cases, the people who can afford private university pay more in taxes so why shouldnt they benefit from the tax they pay? Lets be realist, its a loan not a gift.
Since they pay tax, they should benefit from their tax. THIS IS ROBBING PETER TO PAY PAUL T
Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by Tzar(m): 7:11am On Apr 23
This senile man has started with his stupid advise again?!

1 Like

Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by CodeTemplar: 7:12am On Apr 23
abc115:
God Bless President Bola Tinubu
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
logged out of free stuff and logged into abc to post God bless bla bla bla...
Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by DLSReigns: 7:24am On Apr 23
Never a bad idea. As some parents send their wards to private institutions because the govt schools admits a limited number. These parents,while trying to show their children they are ready to go extra miles for them,end up buying the private school idea even though it hurts their pockets.

2 Likes

Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by taiwotimitt: 7:26am On Apr 23
ToteJesus:

If we go by what you are saying, then people who attend Harvard shouldn't be applying for US federal education loan. Interestingly, they do.

Small thing una don start to compare with US, UK.... We are not the same. Let's stick to what is going to work for us. Why would you go and take federal government loan to sponsor your children to uni. If you don't want them in federal uni, then you can approach bank for a loan.

3 Likes

Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by Henryfortune(m): 7:28am On Apr 23
Kewtt:
Very valid

Same ppl that saw nothing good about the loans in the first place na WA oooo

2 Likes

Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by taiwotimitt: 7:28am On Apr 23
Iseoluwani:

I disagree with you, a parent may I have other motive, if I send my child to Private uni, my reason might be because I don't want him to face strike, which waste people time. So I will pay through thick and thin to achieve that.

Then that parent should approach bank for a loan

1 Like

Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by Yankee101: 7:38am On Apr 23
Of course it should be available to all Nigerians
Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by gigabyte13: 7:42am On Apr 23
🤣🤣😅😂😅😂😅
🤣🤣😂😅😂😅😂
See who dey advise person
But, na who get money dey send pikin go private universities na......
Even private schools of any kind sef.
The loan is in order by the government
Make common man pikin see something
Hope on education wise....
BATMAN don take say
Him go soon consider artisan and their application is for registration is online since last month
Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by rajiedreez: 7:49am On Apr 23
How
Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by ericmor: 7:51am On Apr 23
NoSmoking:
No mind am o

Na setup

If u send ur ward to private uni, what do u need a loan for?

I tire o. The man don old make una just ignore am

1 Like

Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by Judolisco(m): 7:53am On Apr 23
If you'll reduce your sch fees then no problem
Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:54am On Apr 23
This is a gross advice.

If the loan includes private unis, rich people will hijack the scheme

1 Like

Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by Inosky(m): 7:55am On Apr 23
He has the upper hand to access all the money for his university and at the end many won't pay back and would Japa. Case closed. No be Naija again. Lol.

The fees are outrageous and the staff there receive peanut compared to the amount of money students pay. Any private university that wants to benefit should normalize their fees to that of government institutions and pay their staff what're obtainable in government-owned institutions. And there should be MOU signed to that effect.

However, the exclusion of private universities is at the detriment of some struggling parents that sent their children or wards to private university due to inability to secure a better government-owned institutions. But overall, the private university owner will gain more, and there will be inability to pay back after schooling due to outrageous fees private universities charge.
Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by ericmor: 7:55am On Apr 23
Kewtt:

It's a loan. They pay back. It's no subsidy. In fact private university students may pay back faster than public uni ones. If you default na jail get you o

What's the essence of the loan?
Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by stevups(m): 8:00am On Apr 23
NoSmoking:
No mind am o

Na setup

I wonder o
Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by ericmor: 8:01am On Apr 23
Iseoluwani:

If you have the money to send your child to private uni then there is no reason for you to take federal government loan. You can approach bank for that and let the poor breath
Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by stevups(m): 8:04am On Apr 23
You will see how federal universities will jack up in ranking with this Federal State universities loans
Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by Kewtt: 8:05am On Apr 23
ericmor:

What's the essence of the loan?
Succour for the coming astronomical rise of tuition
Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by ericmor: 8:07am On Apr 23
femicyrus:
What is to the salary of a major general/GCFR that will make him to float a private university if not by corruption?
A man who should strengthen public Institutions as president in favour of the poor masses went on to establish a private university for the rich while neglecting the poor. The same Man want the rich to colonize fund meant for the poor as loan.
Very selfish and wicked. He wants more students in his university via government loan not minding the survival of public Institutions.

They will even hijack it and you will start seeing politicians and their families alone getting the loan which they will not even pay back and we will be back where we were. Some Nigerians have just refused to get sense
Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by ericmor: 8:12am On Apr 23
Kewtt:

Succour for the coming astronomical rise of tuition

Then send your child to the federal university if you can't afford it. So they should give money reserved for those that don't have to you that have excess so the needy will remain on the street without education?
Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by ericmor: 8:19am On Apr 23
ToteJesus:

If we go by what you are saying, then people who attend Harvard shouldn't be applying for US federal education loan. Interestingly, they do.

So you are comparing an advance nation with a developing country? Smh
Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by JuanDeDios: 8:26am On Apr 23
FreeStuffsNG:

Private schools may be included later but for now, the available funds will cover more beneficiaries if it's limited to govt-owned tertiary institutions. Private school fees are very expensive, can be raised arbitrarily and their owners can't accept fees Federal Government charges students in govt institutions.

Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by Daystar7: 8:27am On Apr 23
NoSmoking:
No mind am o

Na setup

So Tinubuconomics didn't affect them too?
Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by commoditiesnig: 8:30am On Apr 23
Being in Private uni have already proved a level of financial capacity so i doubt govt will include them
Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by Daystar7: 8:36am On Apr 23
Old man is right...
You can't exclude private university students for whatever reason, their parents pay tax too. They pay more tax and they are so affected by Tinubuconomics. Many importers went broke and are in serious debt and they have kids in private and public institutions too, so it's a must the loan is extended to the private universities too.
This is common sense and not up for debate. Period!

1 Like

Re: Student Loan Scheme: Include Private Universities’ Students – Obasanjo by kingdapson: 8:41am On Apr 23
My take is that private institutions should be included. We have low income parents having children in private polytechnics, colleges and universities. They deserve to be supported.
We also have parents who put their children in private universities cos they can afford it at the time but are now struggling due to this harsh economy.
Some parents with children in public schs are richer than some in private schs, so why discrimanting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. / Lawyers Declare Strike Over Insecurity In Anambra / Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.