Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP (469 Views)

Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP / Imo State: Emeka Ihedioha Congratulates His Old Friend Tambuwal / Emeka Ihedioha Kneels Down To Greet Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by kahal29: 1:31pm On Apr 23
A former governor of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha, has resigned his membership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

In his resignation letter addressed to the PDP chairman in Mbutu Ward, Aboh Mbaise Local Government Area of the state, Ihedioha cited a misalignment between his personal beliefs and the current trajectory of the main opposition party.

The former governor expressed his dedication to the advancement of democracy and good governance in the country despite his decision to step away from PDP.

According to Ihedioha, having been a member of the party since its inception in 1998, he has contributed immensely to the growth and evolution of the party.

The former governor, however, lamented recent developments within the PDP, stating that it has deviated from its core principles.

He voiced concerns over the party’s inability to enact internal reforms, uphold its own regulations, and effectively oppose the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.

“Regrettably, in recent times, the party has taken on a path that is at variance with my personal beliefs. Despite my attempt to offer counsel, the party is, sadly, no longer able to carry out internal reforms, enforce its own rules or offer credible opposition to the ruling All Progressives Congress.’

“It is in the light of the foregoing, that I am compelled to offer my resignation from the People’s Democratic Party effective immediately.

“While the decision was difficult to take, I, however, believe that it is the right one. Despite this resignation, I will always be available to offer my services towards the deepening of democracy and good governance in Nigeria”, the letter added.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/23/ex-imo-gov-ihedioha-resigns-from-pdp/

Re: Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by azadus18: 1:32pm On Apr 23
Haha
Re: Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by Georgry(m): 1:35pm On Apr 23
grin
Re: Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by yarimo(m): 1:36pm On Apr 23
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by atiku4President(m): 1:36pm On Apr 23
Hmm
Re: Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by kestolove95(m): 1:38pm On Apr 23
APC Emeka Ihedioha Wil soon apply for membership card..
Re: Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by chopnaira: 1:39pm On Apr 23
Hehehe. I always laugh when I see the picture of the Emeka kneeling to greet some Fulani Islamic chiefs.

Re: Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by DMerciful(m): 1:41pm On Apr 23
He did the right thing.

Any political party that cannot discipline erring members is not a political party

4 Likes

Re: Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by braveboi4life: 1:42pm On Apr 23
LP loading, that would be a good political move, but the vampires in LP would frustrate him...naija
Re: Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by jkpbestseries: 1:47pm On Apr 23
Go Well
Re: Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by chiiraq802(m): 1:56pm On Apr 23
Them don dey run one by one!! lolz
Re: Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by chopnaira: 1:56pm On Apr 23
braveboi4life:
LP loading, that would be a good political move, but the vampires in LP would frustrate him...naija
LP aka PDP lite is where frustrated PDP politicians end up.
Re: Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by Melagros(m): 2:09pm On Apr 23
COMRADES, Ihedioha is planning secretly to defect to the evil APC so he can succeed Uzodinma grin

1 Like

Re: Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by Ezewuzie01: 2:13pm On Apr 23
Where will he port to next? Peter Obi's bad luck has rubbed off on him. We warned him repeatedly about associating with the agulu thief but he wouldn't listen until his green cap fell off his head.

1 Like

Re: Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by Seefinish: 2:14pm On Apr 23
Come to LP
Re: Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by chopnaira: 2:14pm On Apr 23
Ezewuzie01:
Where will he port to next? Peter Obi's bad luck has rubbed off on him. We warned him repeatedly about associating with the agulu thief but he wouldn't listen until his green cap fell off his head.
The Bianca Ojukwu and Victor Oye curse are very strong. Obi swore with the bible in front of Ikemba.

1 Like

Re: Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by fuckJones(f): 2:22pm On Apr 23
One of these men didn't start, complete and commission a single school as a governor for 8 good years😔😔😔

Re: Former Governor Of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP by Lizzysamuel(f): 3:46pm On Apr 23
Ezewuzie01:

Peter Obi thank you for Turning this thing into a Wailing Wailer 😁😁

(1) (Reply)

Police Rescue Kidnapped Legislator / Us Applauds Inec On National Assembly Polls ! / Donald Trump For President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.