Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,546 members, 7,958,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:31 PM

Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? (6822 Views)

Nigeria Learn: Senegal Gets Rid Of Its Senate To Save Money / Hurricane Sandy: Will Nigeria Learn From The Emergency Response Plan Of USA? / What A Country Lesotho Is, Can Nigeria Learn From Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Now someone is making some sense here. I know the quote is not originally yours but you could be the one to teach these "THE WEST IS THE PROBLEM" gang a thing or two.
Look pow loyal Nigerians like myself are just trying to build our nation. And the first thing we notice is that the same outsiders who colonized us and ruined us are still holding a lot of influence in Nigeria.
Now are you such a western fanatic or just so overpaid by the west that you would denie Nigeria to seek for progress if that progress should expose your slave masters. Moreover if you read what I proposed as ways to build Nigerian true independence then you will understand that I am not just a "winy winy" who just keeps complaining about a western fantome. I am trying to show the way. And no country ever went forward without acknoledging its fake friends and its ennymies.
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by na2day(m): 8:58pm On Nov 20, 2011
patriot2:

Now you are just talking nonsence. Nobody understands what the hell you are talking about.
First of all you ignorant, Nigerian army is 100% made up of Nigerians. And Northerners are a verry significant part of Nigerian army. And you calling Bokoharam innocent people makes you lose any credibility.
Bokoharam is a terrorist unit with links to Alqaida. So please go and dump your shithole mouth into a toilet. And do not open that smelling mouth again.

My first instinct was to ignore you, but on second thought,
Ignoring you will make u think u are smart
while infact calling u a creti.n is actually a compliment, cos ur IQ is lower than dat of a mor.on  angry
So, from ur imbecilic brain, all northerners are boko haram abi?  angry
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On Nov 20, 2011
patriot2:

Look pow loyal Nigerians like myself are just trying to build our nation. And the first thing we notice is that the same outsiders who colonized us and ruined us are still holding a lot of influence in Nigeria.
Now are you such a western fanatic or just so overpaid by the west that you would denie Nigeria to seek for progress if that progress should expose your slave masters. Moreover if you read what I proposed as ways to build Nigerian true independence then you will understand that[size=13pt] I am not just a "winy winy" who just keeps complaining about a western fantome.[/size] I am trying to show the way. And no country ever went forward without acknoledging its fake friends and its ennymies.

But . . . . but . . . but that is exactly what you keep doing . . . whining about how "EVERYONE ELSE IS TO BLAME FOR ALL OUR CALAMITIES", and how "WHENEVER THE WEST SNEEZES, OR SCRATCHES AN ITCH, WE SHOULD TAKE COVER BECAUSE, ACCORDING TO YOU, AND OTHERS LIKE YOU, IT IS ALL A PLOT TO GET US AND RUIN US" . . . .

This thread is really on the evils of Africans against other Africans. You bringing others into it speaks VOLUMES of your mindset really.
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by Chongaiman: 9:03pm On Nov 20, 2011
patriot2:

. . . Now you are just talking nonsence. Nobody understands what the hell you are talking about. . .

An old illiterate woman said the same thing - give or take - when her educated grandson tried to acquaint her with non-Euclidean geometry.
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by honeric01(m): 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2011
God, sad
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 20, 2011
na2day!:

My first instinct was to ignore you, but on second thought,
Ignoring you will make u think u are smart
while infact calling u a creti.n is actually a compliment, cos your IQ is lower than dat of a mor.on  angry
So, from your imbecilic brain, all northerners are boko haram abi?  angry

i did not say that the Northerners were all bokoharam, you said it !
By the way you also said that all Northerners were innocent (including bokoharam) and you implied no northerner was in Nigerian army. Well i will have you know that more than 1/3 of nigerian army is from the north. Most of our military rulers were from the north and the military ruler of Nigeria who dealt with Sierra Leon's conflict was Sanny Abacha, who also was a northerner. The military ruler following him was also a Northerner;
You know nothing about Nigeria and nothing about Sierra Leon. Just shut up.
By the way I am a Nigerian with a maths masters degree from UDS in France. Next year I will be a Maths PHD student. Don't just thread with me, you are not mentally equipped to do so.
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by na2day(m): 9:14pm On Nov 20, 2011
^ ^ ^
grin Once again, you have confirmed my suspicion grin
I rest my case! grin
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2011
Chongaiman:

An old illiterate woman said the same thing - give or take - when her educated grandson tried to acquaint her with non-Euclidean geometry.
First of all if the old woman is uneducated then you might try to teach her how to do simple calculus rather than teching her non  euclidian geometry. Why not teaching her differential geometry while you are at it. And then why not elliptic operators. Why not model theory? I am a maths scholar (I have masters in Pure maths and will be undergowing phd program next year), i have experienc in explaining maths to non initiated. And the acquinted grand son is a complete idiot.
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by Chongaiman: 9:17pm On Nov 20, 2011
patriot2:

You know nothing about Nigeria and nothing about Sierra Leon. Just shut up.
. . . By the way I am a Nigerian with a maths masters degree from UDS in France. Next year I will be a Maths PHD student. Don't just thread with me, you are not mentally equipped to do so. . . I am a maths scholar (I have masters in Pure maths and will be undergowing phd program next year), i have experienc in explaining maths to non initiated. . . . .

Haba, is this an ego trip? Despite all your qualifications and achievements, you apparently lack social skills. Please read 'Emotional Intelligence' by Daniel Goleman. It might do you some good.
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2011
Chongaiman:

Haba, is this an ego trip? Despite all your qualifications and achievements, you apparently lack social skills. Please read 'Emotional Intelligence' by Daniel Goleman. It might do you some good.
I am not a sentimentalist and I did not undergo any social skills training. i just hate to see idots like "na2day!" think the worthless junk in their heads not only dedserves to be read but is also more important than other people's.
The man doesn't know anything of whatever he is talking about and I even find it incredible that a simple minded person like him could type a keyboard and even write words which hold together to make synthaxly correct sentences.
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2011
You all are spewing bullsh!!t - Everyday, learned Nigerians display how much of an ignoramus they are when it comes to History - History should be made compulsory from elementary to secondary level @lst. All I've read on this thread did not impress. sad
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 20, 2011
Actually all Nigerian military rulers except Obasanjo and Ironsi were from the north.
And don't tell me i do not know about the history of Nigeria ! My mom is a grand daughter of Obaseki, and my dad was in the nigerian army (an officer) when most of Nigerian modern history was happening. My familly history can not be written without displaying the entire Nigerian history.
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by 27naira(m): 10:30pm On Nov 20, 2011
wow!
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by noiseless: 10:49pm On Nov 20, 2011
@na2day you have to count 1 before 2,unless your history doesnt mean anything to you.
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by noiseless: 10:58pm On Nov 20, 2011
@na2day you have to count 1 before 2,unless your own history doesnt mean anything to you,how can nigeria learn anything from sierra leon when they are ignorant of their own history?
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by ikennahill: 12:08am On Nov 21, 2011
This is a sad thing and the pictures are quite revealing.Nigeria actually saved Serra lone ,we lost our people too,but whoever did bad thing should be prosecuted be it Nigerian,Ecomog,rebels,UK,etc.It is not about africa, it also happened in bosnia,serbia.

We have refused to grow up, that is why britain a spend old lady will continue to manipulate africa.

Biafra suffered worst fate,in asaba the whole villages was wiped out.

war is never good,but war will never end until the velocity with which one race, one tribe,one class(politicians),one profession is 'superior' to others is abandoned(Bob Nestor Marley)
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by ebere1712: 12:15am On Nov 21, 2011
War is not good but cowardice is even worse. When one people decide to intimidate another people, there is got to be wars and skirmishes. It will never stop, until we all decide to respect ourselves and others.
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by Kobojunkie: 12:25am On Nov 21, 2011
zumbigbo:

A study of all wars on the continent should be mandatory for all Africans. [size=13pt]Our problem is that our turnover of generations happens so quickly that the lessons and pain of the past are quickly forgotten and new generations are ready to make the same mistakes all over again. [/size]

I'm sure NEPA's frequent black-outs is a major contributory cause in our sky-rocketing population growth.

You are probably on to something there. [img]http://thumb15.shutterstock.com/photos/thumb_large/5493/5493,1273001126,5.jpg[/img]
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by zumbigbo(m): 12:34am On Nov 21, 2011
Mama Salone is most likely the only country where Nigerians (through the young lives lost in Ecomog) are held in high regard. Blood lines and business interests in Freetown especially are very strong, with some having nigerian ancestry that they can trace back to the 1850's. I spent time in Murraytown and was assured that the western spin on the news during the war was that the English saved sierra leone from it's descent into hell. They assured me that when all the western ships came to cart off their citizens when the rebels were advancing to the city, it was only ECOWAS that sent in soldiers to protect the people, who were clearly being held to ransom by both sides.

One quote from an elder when I was on my way to Aberdeen beach, he said 'Sierra Leoneans love everybody apart from themselves', this is something that we can all learn from in Naija as everyone beats their chest to show everybody how strong they are, while in reality we are weak mice that cannot even build level road. Also in Salone, communities are very mixed, you will find a Christian celebrating Eid and a Muslim - Xmas with inter-marriages aplenty. No tension! We could learn boko from that.

Plenty of nigerian ecomog soldiers stayed in Salone after the war as they often found wives over there. If you go to the East side, there are plenty of Benin people there. Any other N'landers have any Salone stories to share.
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by na2day(m): 1:41am On Nov 21, 2011
Chongaiman:

If u believe this guy's qualification, then u'll believe anything!  grin

patriot2:

I am not a sentimentalist and I did not undergo any social skills training. i just hate to see idots like "na2day!" think the worthless junk in their heads not only dedserves to be read but is also more important than other people's.
The man doesn't know anything of whatever he is talking about and I even find it incredible that a simple minded person like him could type a keyboard and even write words which hold together to make synthaxly correct sentences.
Mr. man, this reason why i called you a simpleton!
Is because of your line of reasoning which is rudimentary at best,
u contributed nothing to the discussion at hand but to call everyone a betrayer
And u threatened all that your gestapo will soon be rounding every blogger up.
From all your posts above, u succeeded in attacking everybody but urself
U said u have a master degree in mathematics (which i seriously doubt)
And all u can give us is the dung u've been writing above,
I'm sorry to say "the money spent on your education is a total waste!"
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by Uche2005: 2:01am On Nov 21, 2011
nonr
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by bkbabe97y(m): 2:59am On Nov 21, 2011
Lmao. So, Nigerians dont know theyve been having a civil war for at least 9-10 yrs now? Bombings and killings everywhere, rampant corruption, total break down in law and order. . . . . . . . You think a civil war just breaks out, full blown, one night? Yall been fighting for a minute now but ure just too hypocritical and deceitful to either see clearly, or, accept it at all.
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by member479760: 3:19am On Nov 21, 2011
and the politicians behind the war are enjoying while people are dying! Good job Nigeria army, the falling one never die for nothing.
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by Kobojunkie: 3:25am On Nov 21, 2011
Enjoying while people are dying? Whose fighting the war? Ghosts? the people are themselves not all VICTIMS in all this.
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by Nobody: 3:44am On Nov 21, 2011
na2day!:

Master mathématiques fondamentales université de Strasbourg: spécialité : géométrie différentielle.
teachers : Alexandru oancea. Michelle Audin. Vladimir Foc, Mihai Damian. Year :2010-2011.
The only thing I will not give you is my name. And this year i am in: université Paris Diderot. Speciality : Maths Logics.
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by Kobojunkie: 3:49am On Nov 21, 2011
^^^ is it then possible that politics ain't your forte?

One thing I have learnt in my many years as a Nigerian is that as soon as a Nigerian starts telling you that he/she knows more about a particular subject/area/country/person/issue etc. more than you do, it is sure indication that the person knows near absolutely nothing of the subject at hand.
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by Nobody: 3:54am On Nov 21, 2011
na2day!:

Masters is not a big deal to become a mathematician I need a PHD in maths.
But it seems that to you Masters is a big deal. Which brings me to the question : what qualifications do you have : you are probably a primary education drop out. Bon quand tu aura fini de dire des idioties tu nous rendrais service en allant te pendre.
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by TRUTHTELA: 3:59am On Nov 21, 2011
I watched this video & I'm not going to  say anything much. Nigeria is slowly & gradually heading to this ROUTE,no doubt,Nigeria will definietly get there. However, I personally think that GREED,GREED & SELF HATE by some of the African rulers fueled some of these conflicts. The blame should not be heaped on the corridors of colonial powers alone. For instance,they've been advicing Nigerian rulers to stop looting & improve the lives of its citizens,for decades, this advice have fallen on deaf ears because of GREED. And when Nigeria finally gets to the ABYSS,someone will blame the WEST. It is the easiest thing to do, BLAMING OTHERS!
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by Nobody: 4:07am On Nov 21, 2011
The situation in Nigeria is not a civil war it is due to a lack of vision from our politicians and let us not forget the western influence : namely : foreign oil companies and foreign secret services.
This is hard to say but I think we started our civilian rule too quickly and I think the fact that our democracy is just a copy of that of america is stupid. Allthough I believe we can work all this out.
@na2day! don't call mobile police gestapo, because first of all they are not an intelligence agency, nor are they a secret police. They are the military wing of the police. Actually they would fit KGB description more, apart from the intelligence part. And don't you dare insult my country again! The video you saw is just a video, if you want the truth then you have to use your brain and go investigate in Sierra leone and nigeria.
My dad used to be an officer in the Nigerian army, and what I kept in memory is that our soldiers are tough and die hard, but they are verry disciplined and as compassionate as you can ask a soldier to be.
Victory is from God alone.
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by Nobody: 4:16am On Nov 21, 2011
TRUTHTELA:

I watched this video & I'm not going to  say anything much. Nigeria is slowly & gradually heading to this ROUTE,no doubt,Nigeria will definietly get there. However, I personally think that GREED,GREED & SELF HATE by some of the African rulers fueled some of these conflicts. The blame should not be heaped on the corridors of colonial powers alone. For instance,they've been advicing Nigerian rulers to stop looting & improve the lives of its citizens,for decades, this advice have fallen on deaf ears because of GREED. And when Nigeria finally gets to the ABYSS,someone will blame the WEST. It is the easiest thing to do, BLAMING OTHERS!
Please will you people stop focussing on "the blaming of the west" ?
We only award them with their responsability in our trouble, but we do not stay in the position of just blaming the west, we are trying to build the country. But to do that we have to identify what is wrong with it !
Now I think we should totally indegenise our oil industry and send the west back home: it will take take time but we can do it. We need free education (even university level) for everybody in Nigeria. (if france can do it then so can we).
And we need to refuse the "help" of the backstabbers. You people of no faith Nigeria will survive. but we need to rethink many things especially the navy and airforce to stop the west to invade us the way they did libya and Côte d'Ivoire,
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by Kobojunkie: 4:25am On Nov 21, 2011
patriot2:

Please will you people stop focussing on "the blaming of the west" ?
We only award them with their responsability in our trouble, but we do not stay in the position of just blaming the west, we are trying to build the country. But to do that we have to identify what is wrong with it !
Now I think we should totally indegenise our oil industry and send the west back home: it will take take time but we can do it. We need free education (even university level) for everybody in Nigeria. (if france can do it then so can we).
And we need to refuse the "help" of the backstabbers. You people of no faith Nigeria will survive. but we need to rethink many things especially the navy and airforce to stop the west to invade us the way they did libya and Côte d'Ivoire,

See, for someone who claims to specialize in Math Logic, you are so illogical in your thinking. What is logical in pushing foreigners out of our oil industry? Did you think that one through before posting it? What next? Kick all foreigners out of the country? And Maybe when they kick YOu and your ilk back to your countries and maybe block you from their own resources, that will make Africa better at the end of the day? Who will drill the oil at the end of the day? Who will you sell it to? The same foreigners you kicked out?

We live in a global village . . . .  and you have so proudly boasted to all in here of how much you have benefited from that. But here you are suggesting that taking a XENOPHOBIC stance when it comes to tackling our issues in Africa is the way to go? Do you even see how full of holes your thinking has been all this while??
Re: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From Sierra Leone's Civil War? by OAM4J: 5:54am On Nov 21, 2011
Whao! So much to learn. I am more pained by the atrocities the people of Serra Leaone committed against each others. ECOMOG might have stopped the way but not on a clean slate.

And the most painful part of the whole story is that nothing was gained or achieved by the war, the several thousands that died and amputated, and the millions that were displaced suffered in vain cos the real motive of the war remained unfulfilled for "The richness of the country is still in the hands of foreign corporations" sad cry

Something for the tribal Warlords to think about.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rumour Of My Arrest Spread By Dirty Politicians – Wife Of Oyo Gov Ajimobi / New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. / Breaking!!! Fulani Herdsmen Attack Ebonyi State, Kill 15 (Graphic Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.