Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

The Need To Become A Collective Society As Nigerians Rather Than Individualistic - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Need To Become A Collective Society As Nigerians Rather Than Individualistic (68 Views)

Girl Having Sex With 2 Boys Caught. Fight Starts As Nigerians React / Braless Lady At Club Jokers In Benin Causes Commotion Online As Nigerians React / Braless Lady At Club Jokers In Benin Causes Commotion Online As Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Need To Become A Collective Society As Nigerians Rather Than Individualistic by MikeofKd(m): 10:54am On Apr 30
Ok so recently I heard the new prices of fuel in different states and I wasn't shocked tbh ,I wasn't upset neither I just sighed and be like okay.
Very sure as Nigerians we would soon adapt yet again to these extravagant undue prices we are getting every single day.

The sole purpose of my writeup here today is for us to come together as a collective society rather than individualistic society. Yes the economy is hard and everyone is fighting for their pockets I get it, but does it really make sense for us to continue with our individualistic culture; people do not care about people suffering as long as their pockets are getting filled up ,they are good.

The Nigerian government has used poverty as a tool for we Nigerians ,make the masses poor and frustrated so when elections come they can use their petty gifts has leverage to convince us that they have our best interest at heart. And Nigerians fall for this trick over and over and over again ,it makes me sick.

For example let's say an average Nigerian cannot afford something of 200 naira ,and they desperately need it for survival but they only have 50 naira ; now they would go and sell something that's it's actual price should be 50 naira for 300 naira ,just so they can afford that thing of 200 naira which they lack and this is how the circle continues and we keep depriving our own brothers and sisters cause of our individualistic culture.

This morning while I was headed to work I paid some attention to the radio and the radio presenter made mention of a fueling station that demanded that people bought meat pies before they can have fuel sold to them and I was just so embarrassed at the kind of country Nigeria is.

Let's come together and educate each other about how terrible the country would continue to become if we don't start changing our individualistic cultural mindsets. After this discipline of a collective society has been instilled in us eh hen we can now face the Nigeria Government, demand for better accountability and transparency in subtle manners that requires absolutely no violence, and result must show if not.

You see as a collective society we would have an unmatched strength we have never even realized yet. we put these people into power but yet we are scared of that same power we gave them , theres actually a lot of power we hold as citizens but first lets form a collective society first ,thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Small Free Data / F / Data Analysis Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.