Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million (15821 Views)

2016 Budget Not Padded, Does Not Exceed N6.08 Trln — Lai Mohamed / Nigeria’s Population To Exceed 440 Million In 2050 / Casualty Figures Exceed 100 In Kano Attack. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by Horus(m): 9:41pm On Nov 21, 2011
The best solution to solve this problem is decentralizing growth to other Nigerian states.
Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by youngmonie: 9:58pm On Nov 21, 2011
lucenzo:

I never knew the Yorubas, liked phocking undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided  They are now better than the chinese . F.ucking rascals. cool cool cool cool cool cool

SEE MUMU ohhh, what has this go to do high birth rate?, its more like mass migration from the SE, people pouring in from their villages all into lagos everday.
Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by lafuria1(m): 10:09pm On Nov 21, 2011
Wateva d true figure is i believe lagos population has really increase. D numba of northers nw in my area has tripled d population dat it was in 2005. D okada busines is 70% runed by dem nw. Go 2 VI and compare d numba of hausa okada riders nw and in 2005. Y wont pple move into lag wen oda state are nt helpin matters. If only lag had d land mass of niger state, d population wud hit 30million.
Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 21, 2011
A state already struggling with overstretched resources and infrastructures. undecided lipsrsealed

Then again it is the economic and financial capital of Nigeria. . .
Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by godman01(m): 11:47pm On Nov 21, 2011
21m don't mind them o.
Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by PointB: 12:02am On Nov 22, 2011
There is always room for more people. grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by manny4life(m): 12:06am On Nov 22, 2011
WOW, shocked shocked shocked shocked

Well, this is the opportunity for Mr. Gov to use this population as an advantage.
Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by ektbear: 4:30am On Nov 22, 2011
Horus:

The best solution to solve this problem is decentralizing growth to other Nigerian states.

There is no real way to do this, unless those other states start growing  rapidly too.

Also, i'm not necessarily sure that this is a "problem." Well, there are challenges, but also opportunities. Not only for Lagos, but for its neighbors. . .
Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by member479760: 6:14am On Nov 22, 2011
Thats a country of its own!
Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by homerac7: 7:35am On Nov 22, 2011
@ dapo_bear

I disagree wt u there, do u know dt d only deep sea port is in lagos? Dt alone accounts for over 40% of economic activities there. So what if more deep ports r developed and inland river ports? U wld hav successfully diverted over 40% of such activities from lagos axis. Not dt d port in lagos will die off, it will rather recover and run more efficiently while d other zones grow wt d new deep and river ports. Accordingly, businesses and general commercial activities begin to decentralize wtout any losses per se.
Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by GWslim(f): 7:56am On Nov 22, 2011
People migrating from the rural to urban is largely due to lack of facilities to make life convenient in rural towns. This is the reason while Lagos, Abuja and PH are growing wide in term of population.
Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by segunjowo(m): 8:59am On Nov 22, 2011
If you know where to tap, you will profit from this information. Visit my blog to check hints,
Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by ektbear: 9:59am On Nov 22, 2011
homerac7:

@ dapo_bear

I disagree wt u there, do u know dt d only deep sea port is in lagos? Dt alone accounts for over 40% of economic activities there.
What do you mean by this? 40% of the GDP of Lagos is port related? I highly doubt that. Anywhere where did you read that?

You have to keep in mind that most of that port duty money goes to the FG anyways, not to Lagos State.

But yeah, where did you see it?
Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by alfablondy: 11:03am On Nov 22, 2011
I think it is due to both migration and uncontrolled child birth
Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by dinah777: 12:26pm On Nov 22, 2011
Being the centre of exellence that is expected,Lagos just gives you the vibes and drive for hustling,I pray the roads will be alot better so that life will be a bit easier for residents.
Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by homerac7: 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2011
@ dapo_bear

I hav no document to cite here right now, I only speak from my first hand understanding of d place. It's not abt who receives d port charges, but d fact dt over half of industrial activities in d state is due to location of d port. About half of all d industrial estates r located around apapa and along d apapa express. The effect resounds wt busier international airport and other allied business, hence its very very safe to claim dt over 40% of d economic activities is due to port location.

Consider dt ondo is also a neighbouring state, ask y isn't it half as industrialized as Ogun state? Simple, access to port through two major arteries of lagos-ibadan and agege-ota-abeokuta express ways, whereas ondo has no direct access to d port.

Now u see that where d vultures gather is where d carcass is. Consider that there r more deep sea port and.inland river ports along Benue and Niger, don't u think many business would also move along since d "compulsion" to stay around lagos is reduced/removed?
Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 22, 2011
[color=#006600][/color]
lucenzo:

I never knew the Yorubas, liked phocking undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided  They are now better than the chinese . F.ucking rascals. cool cool cool cool cool cool
[/quote, you are so dumb.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by manny4life(m): 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2011
I believe there are some opportunities here; this is for the government to seize this opportunities to make things happen. Although, govt needs to focus on other cities and make them happen so they can de-congest Lagos. Like @homerac1 stated, he made valid points, if other cities are performing to capacity like Lagos, that should help.
Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by jimctu: 3:12am On Nov 23, 2011
Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by wadup(m): 8:47am On Nov 23, 2011
not all are humans,
Re: Lagos Population Now Thought To Exceed 20 Million by ektbear: 9:11am On Nov 23, 2011
homerac7:

@ dapo_bear

I hav no document to cite here right now, I only speak from my first hand understanding of d place. It's not abt who receives d port charges, but d fact dt over half of industrial activities in d state is due to location of d port. About half of all d industrial estates r located around apapa and along d apapa express. The effect resounds wt busier international airport and other allied business, hence its very very safe to claim dt over 40% of d economic activities is due to port location.

Consider dt ondo is also a neighbouring state, ask y isn't it half as industrialized as Ogun state? Simple, access to port through two major arteries of lagos-ibadan and agege-ota-abeokuta express ways, whereas ondo has no direct access to d port.

Now u see that where d vultures gather is where d carcass is. Consider that there r more deep sea port and.inland river ports along Benue and Niger, don't u think many business would also move along since d "compulsion" to stay around lagos is reduced/removed?

Doesn't make intuitive sense to me and I doubt the data backs it up, but who knows. Maybe you are right.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! / Ondo Herdsmen: FFK To Buhari 'Stop Turning Blind Eye On Your Tribesmen' / Peter Obi: Nigeria Rewarding Bandits While Owing Lecturers Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.