Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,894 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday (5228 Views)

Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] / Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders / Photos Of President Goodluck Jonathan's 54th Birthday And Thanksgiving Service. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by kufreabasi(m): 3:23pm On Nov 21, 2011
otokx:

Why will he not thank God?

I wonder if his to give God's praise to the devil.
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by mimima(f): 5:24pm On Nov 21, 2011
happy bufdey his excellency.
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by guonno: 5:35pm On Nov 21, 2011
Happy bday presido.
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by clothiers(f): 7:05pm On Nov 21, 2011
you guys should leave Mr. president alone now!!!!! grin
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by nagoma(m): 8:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
Nothing wrong with birthday anniversary commemorations but it's really shameful to see how government organizations and ministries , parastatals etc falling on top of each other purchasing pages in newspapers and expesive spaces in the media spending millions of the countries resouces to celebrate a 54 th birthday anniversary. A president who really cared for the country would call them to order. In any case what we are eululogising is ineffectiveness and mediocrity because we are dishonest with ourselves and because there is an ethnic vanguard actively defending mediocrity at the expense of life, well being and development of Nigerians.I wish this birthday was a day of happiness for majority Nigerians.
I remember Murtala Mohammed in his state creation speech in 1975 instructing " no celebrations for or aginst the creation of the new states would be tolerated by( his) government".
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by VolvoS60(m): 10:33pm On Nov 21, 2011
The GEJ administration continues to stumble and totter. . .

I knew it would come to this. How anyone could imagine otherwise is beyond me. The signs were there from the very beginning but indeed there are none so blind as those who will not see.

Even with all that, I am amazed at the errors of judgement of the administration (at least in the area of reading the public's mood). I open the papers these days and it seems all I see are pictures of GEJ behind a cake, celebrating one frivolity or another.  A few weeks ago, he was at the CHOGM jamboree, feeding his Marie Antoinette with birthday cake while his country was literally on fire (and it still is). Now he's back home and the cycle of 'birthday cakery' is still going on strong. And the discontent of the disenfranchised continues to seethe and rumble. . .

What a terrible waste.

Some of us knew what was coming our way in April this year, after 11 years of deceit and chicanery by the self-styled ''biggest party in Africa". Indeed, how could we not know? Unfortunately, most Nigerians didn't read the script and now they are paying for it, big time. The garguantan folly of the "I voted for Jonathan and not the PDP" rationale is now clear to all.

As it is often said: "You can choose your sin. But you cannot choose its consequences".
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by muyoto: 10:41pm On Nov 21, 2011
where my cake naa?
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by Akiika: 12:06am On Nov 22, 2011
Happy B'day to GEJ, but let other Nigerians have reason to celebrate too. I can understand things cannot change overnight, but you ain't just trying at all. I'm so scared of any civil war in Nigeria, the Boko Haram and other militants are having a field day while you reward the incompetent police chief Hafiz Ringim with national award, he should be fired and replaced with any competent Nigerian.
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by obailala(m): 1:39am On Nov 22, 2011
Abeg who is madam Eunice?
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by TenKobo1: 6:23am On Nov 22, 2011
No wonder he bestowed our national honor on Aki, his son is just a replica.
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by Goodman(m): 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2011
Nigerian politicians have no plan for the nation very sad, most government institutions are not fit for purpose, lack of accountability. I wish Nigerians should rise up against the corrupt government like what is happening in the arab nations without such an uprising nothing is gonna change in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem / Yorubas Occupying Lagos For Other People's Oil / Photo:- Fayose Weeps, Calls Jonathan ‘that silly President’?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.