Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] (47835 Views)

Google Shows Supports For Nigeria With Election Day Doodle [photo] / Google Celebrates Nigeria’s 54th Independence Anniversary With A Doodle [PHOTO] / Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 01, 2014
Today, October 1, 2014 is Nigeria’s 54th Independence Anniversary Day and Google has a new doodle to celebrate with Nigerians on Google.com and Google.com.ng

The Animated doodle features the three major tribes in Nigeria on the three most notable means of transportation.

Nigeria gained independence on the 1st of October, 1960. This is the THIRD doodle for Nigeria’s Independence Anniversary to be released by Google since October 2010.

View it in real time here - http://google.com OR http://google.com.ng

Source: https://www.facebook.com/calmnigeria

58 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by freecharles(m): 12:23am On Oct 01, 2014
This is good...it feels good to know that Nigeria is recognized. How many countries get this on their independence day.

GREAT PEOPLE

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Idrismusty97(m): 12:23am On Oct 01, 2014
It is only "Google.com.ng" celebrating it. "Google.com" isn't.

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 01, 2014
Idrismusty97: It is only "Google.com.ng" celebrating it. "Google.com" isn't.

Check again. http://Google.com is infact celebrating it too.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Idrismusty97(m): 12:27am On Oct 01, 2014
2ndOGA:

Check again. http://Google.com is infact celebrating it too.
It automatically redirects me to this link.
http://www.google.com.ng/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=KzwrVM-rPISe-wbB1YGgAg

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 01, 2014
Idrismusty97: It automatically redirects me to this link.
http://www.google.com.ng/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=KzwrVM-rPISe-wbB1YGgAg

Check the right bottom corner of that page, there should be an option to go to Google.com.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Idrismusty97(m): 12:34am On Oct 01, 2014
2ndOGA:

Check the right bottom corner of that page, there should be an option to go to Google.com.
Yes! I see it now. Thanks for the tip. But it is still viewable only to Nigerians or those using Nigerian IP. The world wouldn't see it.

21 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Onlinebizexpert(m): 12:44am On Oct 01, 2014
So it was keke and danfo that these peeps used to celebrate us

It is good buh I feel we worth more

At brt in lagos. Yellow cabs in enugu would have been better

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 1:06am On Oct 01, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: So it was keke and danfo that these peeps used to celebrate us

Yeah enugu's yellow cab is sexy

17 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by timilehing(m): 1:26am On Oct 01, 2014
What a caricature!! Keke NAPEP, Danfo & Okada undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by timilehing(m): 1:30am On Oct 01, 2014
Those 3 things described Nigeria in details

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by StealthyMe(m): 1:42am On Oct 01, 2014
Those three modes of transport grin explains lots in details without saying a thing!

Google definitely have to celebrate Nigeria; we keep them in business ( with questions like 'the new cooker wey Mama Nkechi just buy,abeg how much e cost ; i know say na lie she been dey lie') ...lol grin

Proudly Nigerian...

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Samiceman: 2:16am On Oct 01, 2014
God bless the Federal Republic Of Nigeria

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by decode55(m): 3:58am On Oct 01, 2014
mmm.

Judging from that pic, we have only molues, okadas & keke napeps in Nigeria

Nice smiley

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by amakufrancis(m): 4:06am On Oct 01, 2014
just observing the keke, bus and bike.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by clitlicker: 4:17am On Oct 01, 2014
Why yoruba go carry last na sad

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by zappyj(m): 4:40am On Oct 01, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: So it was keke and danfo that these peeps used to celebrate us

Yea..but every hustler or once upon a time hustler had to jump that bus.I n the eys of the world, Lagos almost represents Nigeria so I see nothing wrong with this or were you expecting to see Aso Rock?

God Bless Nigeria!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 01, 2014
Idrismusty97: Yes! I see it now. Thanks for the tip.

Yes. So you may bypass the auto-redirection anytime now.

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by iamodenigbo1(m): 5:49am On Oct 01, 2014
na Wao,okada and keke
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by ednut1(m): 6:17am On Oct 01, 2014
is dat not jona in the danfo

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by RockMaxi: 6:31am On Oct 01, 2014
That is good but it's only for Nigeria. Other users on different address don't get to see that grin grin

Wait o why danfo, Keke and okada?

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 01, 2014
clitlicker: Why yoruba go carry last na sad
Abeg no spoil the moment na.

18 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by boladez(m): 6:41am On Oct 01, 2014
I am very unhappy that the world sees us like this. They are better things in Nigeria. These modes of transportation are not only shameful but not sustainable for the 21st century.

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Royalejr(m): 6:54am On Oct 01, 2014
You are invited to Bellafricana's Nigeria Independence Day Exhibition at Labule Restaurant. Located at 42A Ogudu Road, Ogudu GRA, Lagos. Oct 1. Time: 12noon-7pm. Variety of products, table mat set, apron and gloves, pillows, bags, women and men wears..Some giveaways also Please come with a friend that knows a friend and invites more friends
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by teecuzy(m): 7:03am On Oct 01, 2014
Make person help me ask google, 'why is the woman driving the danfo and the man smiling sheepishly?'...hmm hehehehehe

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by dhardline(m): 7:18am On Oct 01, 2014
Nice one...but i think its location target display for those whose ip address registers Nigeria.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by repogirl(f): 7:18am On Oct 01, 2014
They used Lagos colours na, Dem for use Abuja green danfo and keke nao!

also do women drive danfo plus that man in the danfo reminds me of Mr. President, am I right, or am I right?

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by tolugar: 7:18am On Oct 01, 2014
Heeeee

Chie

At 54 na like this we go dey?

Hausa with okada

Yoruba with danfo

Igbos with keke.

All smoking hot.

Heeeee

My chewing stick don fall

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by tolugar: 7:20am On Oct 01, 2014
For the designer mind.....

Maybe at 90

Buhari will put him on lifetime salary

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by dridowu: 7:44am On Oct 01, 2014
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by omicron(m): 7:45am On Oct 01, 2014
Nice Concept!

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Lailerh(f): 7:49am On Oct 01, 2014
grin oh, nice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan's Security Batters Punch Reporter - Olatunji Obasa (Pics) / "Olodo Governor That Can't Pay Salary" Senator Dino Melaye Lambasts Yahaya Bello / Eta Mbora Introduces Bill On Automatic Employment For Graduates After NYSC