Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,008 members, 7,838,527 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More (51326 Views)

DSTV Subscription Hike: I Won’t Subscribe Again – OPM General Overseer / Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates / New Prices For GOtv And DStv Subscription Take Effect From Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by nams77: 9:39am On May 06
MMempire:
Who be this OP? Na same minimum wage we dey earn? Bia, be careful there!
God bless you. I was about saying this. Ediots always posting half truth. What is the wage of south Africa Vs Nigeria? What about energy?
Thunder fia you op

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by anonimi: 9:39am On May 06
BeigJawnson:
You can also use pounds or euro, infact ghana cedis will also be okay to compare... Intelligent human ...

Also don't forget to compare the economical value of the money of each countries you mentioned above too?

The dollar, or pounds or euro does that for you.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by Angelfrost(m): 9:41am On May 06
BeigJawnson:

You can also use pounds or euro, infact ghana cedis will also be okay to compare... Intelligent human ...

Also don't forget to compare the economical value of the money of each countries you mentioned above too?

So they use Pounds and Euros abi Cedis locally in South Africa?!!

Instead of accepting correction after goofing, you just dey misyarn further.

Empty pride.
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by mikeapollo: 9:41am On May 06
MMempire:

Do not confuse things. Minimum wage is the responsibility of your useless Nigerian government.
I am not necessarily supporting DStv, but Nigerians should not blame others for problems that they (Nigerians) are responsible for,
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by izombie(m): 9:46am On May 06
This should not even be a debate. Dstv does not force anyone to use their services. If you can't afford it then don't get it. It's simple.

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by Samunique(m): 9:46am On May 06
rinaballa:
I still wonder why people with sense be comparing prices btw countries why
They're paid agents !

Very senseless people! undecided

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by Maxcollins042(m): 9:47am On May 06
jmoore:

You can watch only NTA for free. They didn't force guns on your head to subscribe.

It is DSTV that will approve minimum wage for your country?

The diesel they use to run their company in Nigeria is ten times cheaper than in Southafrica?

Kenya even pays more for DSTV subscription than Nigeria.

No mind them make dem dey cap rubbish
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by BeigJawnson(m): 9:48am On May 06
Angelfrost:

So they use Pounds and Euros abi Cedis locally in South Africa?!!

Instead of accepting correction after goofing, you just dey misyarn further.

Empty pride.

Lol...wait, don't be a dumb here. You used dollar to do your comparisons... And I said it earlier that do Nigeria and south Africa use dollar locally in their country? You said what will you use to do your silly comparisons for countries that doesn't use same currencies? Then I asked, if you don't forget. I asked why didn't you also use euro, pound or Ghana cedis instead of dollars since they don't use same currencies, for your silly dumb comparisons...

Don't you know that the two countries you mentioned have their own economic values to their currencies and yet you are using dollar to do one silly comparison on DSTV prices... I can't laugh...

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by awoo47: 9:50am On May 06
Babamide:
The number of dstv subscribers in Nigeria is going to be more than South Africa's entire population
cheesy cheesy How many people get DSTV? be factual for once...With the country dwindling middle class
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by BeigJawnson(m): 9:50am On May 06
anonimi:

The dollar, or pounds or euro does that for you.

Don't be offended... Please I don't understand you
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by BeigJawnson(m): 9:51am On May 06
nams77:

God bless you. I was about saying this. Ediots always posting half truth. What is the wage of south Africa Vs Nigeria? What about energy?
Thunder fia you op

Abi ooo, what a silly post from the op... Always posting half truths... Infact the economic value of our money is very low and that is why our money is high in amounts compared to south Africa rands....

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by agabaI23(m): 9:52am On May 06
jmoore:
Let's compare the prices of DSTV plans in Southafrica and Nigeria

Southafrica

1, DSTV Premium R929 ($49.36)

2, DSTV Compact plus R619 ($33)

3. DSTV Compact R469 ($25)

Nigeria

1. DSTV Premium 37,000 naira ($26.43)

2. DSTV Compact plus 25,000 naira ($17.89)

3. DSTV Compact 15,700 naira ($11.21)

https://techcentral.co.za/dstv-prices-hiked-for-2024-the-details/239837/

https://vanguardngr.com/2024/04/just-in-again-multichoice-increases-price-of-dstv-gotv-packages-full-list/

Let's compare the prices of DSTV plans in the UK and Nigeria

Southafrica

1, DSTV Premium £70 ($88)

2, DSTV Compact plus £50($63)

3. DSTV Compact £35 ($44)

Nigeria

Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by BeigJawnson(m): 9:54am On May 06
jmoore:

Southafrica

Nigeria

https://vanguardngr.com/2024/04/just-in-again-multichoice-increases-price-of-dstv-gotv-packages-full-list/

Op, with your silly post. I want to ask, are you now saying Nigerians pay more for DSTV more than South Africa or South Africans paying more than Nigerians . please explain with more in depths if you really know what you are saying....

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by maasoap(m): 9:55am On May 06
jmoore:

They won't be the first company to shutdown in Nigeria.

Going the way of others. Just like we heard about PZ recently
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by maasoap(m): 9:56am On May 06
michlins:
the reason people are no longer buying DStv is simply because of low disposable income. Na person wey chop dey subscribe to DStv. It's that simple

This reason also boils down to how terrible the government is running our economy

Our economy is being run aground, it is a total mess at the moment
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by AfDapone: 9:59am On May 06
Remman:
Lol! Please hike it and see how the alternatives begin to be patronised.

I just bought three free to air disc one for Movies, one for news and the other for sports. I don't even know much about it or how it works because my son introduced it to me. But it cost us 300k+ for purchase and installations. Started using since november and up till now, we've paid no dime for subs because there ain't any. I wonder why people can't just switch.

smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by Resurgent2016: 10:03am On May 06
MMempire:

The programmes on DSTV are mainly foreign. DSTV pays for the air rights those programmes in USD not NGN.

So even without considering the cost pressure due to inflation, DSTV is under pressure protect their margin each time the naira is devalued.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by michlins(m): 10:03am On May 06
maasoap:

Our economy is being run aground, it is a total mess at the moment
but they will blame DStv for trying to stay afloat
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by jmoore(m): 10:05am On May 06
BeigJawnson:

Op, with your silly post. I want to ask, are you now saying Nigerians pay more for DSTV more than South Africa or South Africans paying more than Nigerians . please explain with more in depths if you really know what you are saying....
The prices are written in dollars, so do the assignment by yourself or give it to a primary school pupil around you if the simple arithmetic looks hard to you.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by mrblessed(m): 10:08am On May 06
Remember to factor the level of infrastructure in these countries
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by 2tpick: 10:09am On May 06
There will be no need for all these comparison if multichoice implements the same pay as u view that is obtainable in SA here in Nigeria. They can then triple their rates as they so wish.
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by Chicagograduate(m): 10:10am On May 06
Princewill1:
If Multichoice was a Nigerian company that never repatriate profits abroad and also operating in a competitive market.

Dstv premium no go pass 20k
Nigerians entrepreneur are ripoff
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by Nasnass: 10:11am On May 06
You tried, but you have to put other aspect into consideration.
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by BeigJawnson(m): 10:11am On May 06
jmoore:

The prices are written in dollars, so do the assignment by yourself or give it to a primary school pupil around you if the simple arithmetic looks hard to you.

I have already asked you another question... I will ask again, in case you may not see it... Now from that silly comparison you posted... Are you telling us that Nigerians pay more than south Africans when it comes to DSTV or south Africans pay more than Nigerians? With this question I don't think a primary school pupil will be able to answer it cos head may want to explode... Lol... You brought the comparisons not a primary school pupil...so answer them ....

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by F22RAPTOR(m): 10:11am On May 06
jmoore:

Southafrica

Nigeria

Also show us a difference in the minimum wage for SA and Nigeria...useless comparison
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:11am On May 06
The Zoo people complain too much, they will cover or attack the news with minimum wage instead of going after their leaders stealing 4th their common wealth and resources...
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by Nwaotu10(m): 10:12am On May 06
Boyewu:
They don't buy fuel to their generator before they watch in south Africa.
grin grin
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by Oghene86: 10:12am On May 06
jmoore:

Southafrica

Nigeria

Have you compared the minimum wage? Come no let me run enter
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by CorrectionFLuid: 10:13am On May 06
DStv don learn from APC.
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by Promax4321: 10:16am On May 06
The problem isn't DSTv, but government, why should CTL, CMTV, Metro and others cannot continue with regulatory support.

Monopoly kills, assist other networks by running free subsidies for Nigerian and heavy taxes for DSTv prizes.

This will encourage more Nigerian to take advantages to subscribed at cheaper rate.
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by bluefilm: 10:16am On May 06
jmoore:

Southafrica

Nigeria

Also, please kindly do a comparison of minimum wage in Nigeria and in SA
Re: DSTV Subscription Plans In Southafrica Vs Nigeria. See Who Pays More by jmoore(m): 10:18am On May 06
BeigJawnson:

I have already asked you another question... I will ask again, in case you may not see it... Now from that silly comparison you posted... Are you telling us that Nigerians pay more than south Africans when it comes to DSTV or south Africans pay more than Nigerians? With this question I don't think a primary school pupil will be able to answer it cos head may want to explode... Lol... You brought the comparisons not a primary school pupil...so answer them ....
A primary 4 pupil knows that 49 dollars is higher than 26 dollars.

If you don't know this, I can't force any info into your head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BBAfrica Housemates Betty & Bolt Kiss In Bed (Photos) / Efe Wins Big Brother Naija 2017 / Bbnaija: Nina’s Boyfriend Collins Deletes All Her Photos On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.