Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,122 members, 7,856,493 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 08:53 PM

Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) - Culture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) (97906 Views)

The Igbo And Culture Of Apprenticeship / Voice-recording Of People Speaking Igbo And Bini in 1911 / Wikipedia In Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by htajz: 3:39am On Nov 22, 2011
alj_harem:

hey lets get things straight here. Ijaw land does not strench from Ondo to rivers

maybe you need to check your map

Ijaws migrated to edo, ondo and present day akwa ibom. Ok

ask your leaders or better still since you are ijaw ask your mother nwanne

the same way you migrated from chad and niger republic? i love this thread, any lets not divert
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 3:39am On Nov 22, 2011
Obiagu1:

It shows you know nothing. You're completely ignorant.

PS: Can you prove that Yorubas were not using the same technique before your grandmother knew Yorubaland existed?

You can't, can you? Yet you want us to take your grandma's ichafu as a biblical verse.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 3:40am On Nov 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

PS: Can you prove that Yorubas were not using the same technique before your grandmother knew Yorubaland existed?

You can't, can you? Yet you want us to take your grandma's ichafu as a biblical verse.

And what exactly did you prove on this thread? (Apart from flaunting Arab influence)
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 3:40am On Nov 22, 2011
manny4life:

So your claim is not for instance that you invented agbada, but insisted the styles you invented, styles different from other regions, Igbos are wearing the sam style as yours? Is this your point?

Precisely.

PS: Are Igos being modernly Islamized too?
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by lagcity(m): 3:41am On Nov 22, 2011
htajz:

now your back to your senses , typical yoruba dey don catch you ,story don change.
your talking rubbish , who tell you say fish no dey ijaw land , are you dumb or just ignorant ? come to rivers or bayelsa and educate yourself , and i used the ogonis cus they are the ones that have the massive oil spill and considering their land mass is so small compared to ijaw land that stretches all the way from ondo to rivers , mumu

I agreed with u that u have plenty fish. so, what then is your excuse for the dullness your ppl are known for? Igbo didn't have fish protein in Biafra. they ate only cassava but they still managed to retain their brainpower. lazy ijawman what is ya excuse?  grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Obiagu1(m): 3:41am On Nov 22, 2011
It's obvious you're bored and need some entertainment. I was shocked to see this silly thread in its 13th page when I logged on.

Those that want to keep this ignorant lonely girl entertained should carry on, I'm out of here.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by htajz: 3:41am On Nov 22, 2011
ezeagu:

And what exactly did you prove on this thread?
Ileke-IdI:

Precisely.

lol
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 3:41am On Nov 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Precisely.

How many mosques in Enugu?
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 3:42am On Nov 22, 2011
Back the the head tie: Which region began or "invented" the modern flamboyant geles Nigerian women, esp Yorubas, wear?

[img]http://1.bp..com/_CeMr5Uifl0I/TP5x3KzOYHI/AAAAAAAACq8/OaWDFkvKQV0/s1600/ladies_in_pink.jpg[/img]
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 3:43am On Nov 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Back the the head tie: Which region began or "invented" the modern flamboyant geles Nigerian women, esp Yorubas, wear?

Just beacuse Yoruba are the least traveled around Nigeria, doesn't mean they invented clothing. Bet you're regretting opening this thread.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 3:43am On Nov 22, 2011
Obiagu1:

It's obvious you're bored and need some entertainment. I was shocked to see this silly thread in its 13th page when I logged on.

Those that want to keep this ignorant lonely girl entertained should carry on, I'm out of here.

Nah dear, it simply proves that you do not have enough facts to back up your statement.
Kudos to your Grandmama's Ichafu wink
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Crayola1: 3:44am On Nov 22, 2011
Obiagu1:

^^ You finally figured out what's up  cool

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 3:44am On Nov 22, 2011
Yoruba head ties back then:

Then now:

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by htajz: 3:44am On Nov 22, 2011
lagcity:

I agreed with u that u have plenty fish. so, what then is your excuse for the dullness your ppl are known for? Igbo didn't have fish protein in Biafra. they ate only cassava but they still managed to retain their brainpower. ijawman what is ya excuse?  grin grin grin

excuse for whta , that ijaws have higher literacy rate than yorubas, higher employment rate? lower poverty rate? and ijaws where never conquered by hausa/fulanis and edos unlike the yorubas, abeg go find your mate
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by manny4life(m): 3:44am On Nov 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Precisely.

Personally, I do not see the styles at all at least from the pics. If you can be more specific how u mean by styles, that will better help. Igbos do not wear the same hat of course, we wear same materials apparently different designs but when u say styles, I like to know how u mean.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by ezeagu(m): 3:45am On Nov 22, 2011
You should have left Igbo out of your title, then you would have saved yourself heartache.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 3:46am On Nov 22, 2011
manny4life:

[size=18pt]Personally, I do not see the styles at all at least from the pics[/size]. If you can be more specific how u mean by styles, that will better help. Igbos do not wear the same hat of course, we wear same materials apparently different designs but when u say styles, I like to know how u mean.

That's alright. That's why we're telling you there's a style because we, the Yorubas, know how our agbadas are different.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Crayola1: 3:46am On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by aljharem3: 3:47am On Nov 22, 2011
Obiagu1:

u ahve not answered my question, WHat have u understood in yoruba ?

Or you too want to be like Nri priest and Macjieve that said they want to see them on there knees begging the igbos ko ?
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 3:47am On Nov 22, 2011
Geles back then

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 3:48am On Nov 22, 2011
alj_harem:

u ahve not answered my question, WHat have u understood in yoruba ?

Or you too want to be like Nri priest and Macjieve that said they want to see them on there knees begging the igbos ko ?

He has not answered any question. Just told us a story about his grandmama's Ichafu. As if Yorubas or Ijaws were doing the same back then.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by lagcity(m): 3:48am On Nov 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

[img]http://1.bp..com/_CeMr5Uifl0I/TP5x3KzOYHI/AAAAAAAACq8/OaWDFkvKQV0/s1600/ladies_in_pink.jpg[/img]

Ileke you've done a great job. Those pictures of elegant Yoruba women reminds me why I am so lucky to be Odua. Yorubas are pacesetters in fashion. We take crude styles and materials and turn them into dazzling exhibits. Others copy and that's ok by us. I can assure you that the next fashion in vogue will also come from the SW. cool cool cool
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by manny4life(m): 3:49am On Nov 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

That's alright. That's why we're telling you there's a style because we, the Yorubas, know how our agbadas are different.  

Well then, I rest my case in the absence of your words,

One last word, tell your man to read up on how Islam was introduced into Africa and other continents, that should help him. Google isn't the answers, personal knowledge, reading and research WILL HELP.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 3:50am On Nov 22, 2011
lagcity:

Ileke you've done a great job. Those pictures of elegant Yoruba women reminds me why I am so lucky to be Odua. Yorubas are pacesetters in fashion. We take crude styles and materials and turn them into dazzling exhibits. Others copy and that's ok by us. I can assure you that the next fashion in vogue will also come from the SW. cool cool cool

Thanks jare.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Crayola1: 3:50am On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 3:50am On Nov 22, 2011
manny4life:

Well then, I rest my case in the absence of your words,

One last word, tell your man to read up on how Islam was introduced into Africa and other continents, that should help him. Google isn't the answers, personal knowledge, reading and research WILL HELP.

Which case would that be?
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 3:52am On Nov 22, 2011
Modern Yoruba-like geles

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Crayola1: 3:52am On Nov 22, 2011

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 3:53am On Nov 22, 2011
lagcity:

You are right bro, haters are indeed gonna hate.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by tpia5: 3:55am On Nov 22, 2011
i think the main point of the thread is if you're adopting yoruba dressing, then you have to stop hating on yorubas.

that's it in a nutshell.

btw can anyone explain what ofala ceremony is.

when did it start, where is it practiced, etc.

are the people featured in those photos of yoruba descent?
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Nobody: 3:56am On Nov 22, 2011
lagcity:

Actually, most of the wedding attires and tailoring and designs on Bella Naija were done by Lanre De Silva and other Yoruba Fashionistas. But cant really say they're Yoruba fashon because she and others are doing it for Nigerians of all tribes. But most of these fashionistas are Yorubas.

For example http://www.bellanaija.com/2011/11/02/wed-magazine-debuts-its-pinkbudget-issue-preps-for-the-wed-expo-in-2012/

Another, Segun Gele, designing new gele styles . . . . women all over the globe have been introduced to his styles.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Acculturation (or Multiculture) by Crayola1: 3:56am On Nov 22, 2011
Aigbofa:

You are right bro, haters are indeed gonna hate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages / 'Manhood' Celebration In Edo, Topless Ladies Spotted At Ceremony / Yoruba "express You Self In Proverbs "owee""

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.