Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,837 members, 7,838,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi (34110 Views)

Communal Clashes Between Effium/Ezza-Effium People Of Ebonyi State In Pictures / Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election / Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by Focusmind: 8:49pm On May 02
Ebonyi people and conflict!!

I usually pity their young ladies wanting to marry, especially wanting to marry Anambra man. As a young lady from that place, once you tell an Anambra man that you are from Ebonyi, him don run grin grin

One thing always comes to mind in most Igbos once you mention that you are from Ebonyi.

4 Likes

Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by AImiron: 8:51pm On May 02
https://www.nairaland.com/8080210/messi-makes-mls-history-thrilling

Nlfpmod boss kindly epp to rectify this antispam bannned and hid my thread

1 Like

Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by amnesty7: 8:51pm On May 02
These people can be wicked to themselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by Krankhead: 8:52pm On May 02
The military should not go their before they will start blaming the military again and turn it it to politics.
Let's hear from the Gbajue Master
Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 8:53pm On May 02
Prince2324:
Ezza people is a curse for humanity, they think that effium is ant in their hand but surprisingly to them effium people has been holding their ground.

Ezillo people deal with those motherfuckers and send them to where they belong
who is this idiotss spewing trash from both side of the mouth,are you insane,who started the war and how do you know effium people are holding ground.
Tell your people not to start what they cannot finished,you can't start a war with Ezza people and expect not to pay dearly.
Holding ground indeed.ewu
Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by Elusive001: 8:54pm On May 02
FreeStuffsNG:
This problem again shocked

Why not blame Umahi?
Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by farouk2much(m): 8:55pm On May 02
Nigeria is at war......... North... East.... South.... And even west......
Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 8:56pm On May 02
Focusmind:
Ebonyi people and conflict!!

I usually pity their young ladies wanting to marry, especially wanting to marry Anambra man. As a young lady from that place, once you tell an Anambra man that you are from Ebonyi, him don run grin grin

One thing always comes to mind in most Igbos once you mention that you are from Ebonyi.

Gone are days, you're still leaving in the past.

Wake up

4 Likes

Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by Jeff4jerry(m): 8:58pm On May 02
Umahi will blame it on Peter Obi soonest.

1 Like

Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by kernniejay(m): 8:59pm On May 02
Instead of them to unite and fight their common enemies, they rather turn against each other and fight to finish.

1 Like

Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by Zaccshegzy(m): 8:59pm On May 02
Maybe that my Ebonyi ex girlfriend is Ezza too, who knows, I just know she's from Ebonyi state.

Let there be peace and let's be tolerant of ourselves.

4 Likes

Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by zebszebs: 9:02pm On May 02
Prince2324:
Ezza people is a curse for humanity, they think that effium is ant in their hand but surprisingly to them effium people has been holding their ground.

You really need to work on yourself and your grammar and tenses and everything
Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 9:02pm On May 02
Ebubu:

Ezza people are troublesome.

When you fear Ebonyi man is easily irritated and can easily pick up a fight, it is an Ezza man.

Their ancestors were warlords.

All these things Fulani herdsmen do, they can’t try it in Ezza land or any land Ezza people have interest.

Uffiom people are not indigenous Igbos, migrated from Cross River and Benue. Although they are now indigenous Ebonyians, they speak and hear Igbo, but speak their distinct dialect which Ebonyians don’t hear.

However their quarrel with Ezza people are decades long, and Ebonyi govt is siding with Uffiom, however Ezza people don’t want to let go and are massacring Uffiom people. Uffiom people massacre them too, but are outpopulated by Ezza people. Ezza people just want to massacre them into extinction or send them back to Benue/Cross river so they can take over their arable land.

The Ebonyi state Government Peace committee instituted by the Governor has sided Uffiom people, but the Ezza people are not having it.
You speaks like someone who knows everything about that war,now tell me where Ezza people are troublesome in anyway,Ezza people are not pushover even though the government of Ebonyi state which they fought to be created are yet to come their way.
Effium people started that war with their neighbors and are now paying for it.

1 Like

Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by Oringo1: 9:03pm On May 02
Bad news everywhere ..just be careful

Run as fast as you can from Insurance companies in Nigeria...They don't pay claims.

Example..IGI INSURANCE COMPANY

1 Like

Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by EleventhWeirdo: 9:04pm On May 02
Ebubu:

When you fear Ebonyi man is easily irritated and can easily pick up a fight, it is an Ezza man.

All these things Fulani herdsmen do, they can’t try it in Ezza land or any land Ezza people have interest.

Uffiom people are not indigenous Igbos, migrated from Cross River and Benue. Although they are now indigenous Ebonyians, they speak and hear Igbo, but speak their distinct dialect which Ebonyians don’t hear.

However their quarrel with Ezza people are decades long, and Ebonyi govt is siding with Uffiom, however Ezza people don’t want to let go and are massacring Uffiom people. Uffiom people massacre them too, but are outpopulated by Ezza people. Ezza people just want to massacre them into extinction or send them back to Benue/Cross river so they can take over their arable land.

The Ebonyi state Government Peace committee instituted by the Governor has sided Uffiom people, but the Ezza people are not having it.

You tried in your narration. I served in Effium from 2019-2020, and I can tell you for free that it was a segregated community with the two sides living in parallels. Sometimes, the kids would try to bring the talk and hate to the classroom but I forbade it. Ezza kids would come to me in secret to tell me ridiculous things about Effium and Effium kids too would do same about Ezza. I would only smile. I knew war was imminent because the hate was so deep that you could feel it the moment you step into Effium town. Ezza people regarded Effium indigenes as a backward minority that would not allow them to develop Effium in the name of their indigenous claims on the land. Effium, on the other hand, saw Ezza as invading land gabbers who are there to take their land in the name of development. Ezza people were far richer with many having access to Lagos connections and other resources, but Effium folks are more battle hardened and do not joke with their land or culture despite their poverty. The only way is to partition the land and make laws banning encroachment. The ezza may not be indigenous, but they have made soo much investments there that expulsion is not realistic

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by Akabuking: 9:04pm On May 02
achi4u:
Gone are days, you're still leaving in the past.

Wake up
ignorance@ it peak. I left my crush because she's from ebonyi. although she's a peaceful person.

2 Likes

Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by UNNGRADUATEEE: 9:04pm On May 02
Prince2324:

no they dealt with Ezilo people during 2012 when they fought that war. Ezza has always been defeating and collecting communities land.
Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by Orobadmeat: 9:06pm On May 02
Rejecting and discriminating ebonyi,but on Facebook every day dragging opobo, Bonny and port Harcourt, Fulani ibos grin grin grin grin, Hmm not bad at all grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by Oneday82: 9:07pm On May 02
Kosiso12:
Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi Community (Photos)

By Wisdom Nwedene, Abakaliki

At least 11 persons including children, mothers were killed on Wednesday when suspected armed men said to be warlords attacked the residents of Inikiri Effium community in Ohaukwu local government area of Ebonyi State.

Ezza Effium and Effium community of Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi State have been at war since January 2021 leading to loss of lives and destruction of property worth billions of Naira in the State.

According to report, the victims of this latest attack include children between the ages of 2 and 12 years as well as a pregnant woman who were massacred by the armed persons who invaded the community.

The gunmen were said to have invaded the community at about 2 pm and shot sporadically till 6 pm without a challenge from the soldiers stationed in the area.

Speaking with our correspondent, a resident who hails from the community, Jeremiah Obaji urged Ebonyi State government to arrest the leaders of the community.

According to him, "just yesterday, they attacked Inikiri Umuezeoka where they massacre children, old men and women and burnt down every structure within their reach including Amurt."

"This is unbecoming and Ebonyi State government should arrest their leaders."

"It's now obvious that Uffiom never wanted peace."

The State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Joshua Ukandu said he has not received any information on the incident.

Source : https://9newsng.com/ezza-effium-crisis-tears-as-children-pregnant-woman-others-klled-in-ebonyi-community-photos/

Can someone please tag Dave Umuahia to this .. he once seen on National Television boasting how Tinubu government has ended insecurity in Nigeria. Let him come and explain this to us. Not tomorrow he will come out to National Television to claim that he was a village opportunist who doesn't understand a simple phonetics English thrown to him by the eloquent and gorgeous Arise TV Presenter. Umahi will learn in a hard way soon.

1 Like

Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by toprealman: 9:10pm On May 02
SoNature:

You should be calling for peace instead of vomitting this bunch of sputum.
That’s Umahi’s people. Stupidly stubborn!
Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by soccerlite: 9:10pm On May 02
The Warlords that cannot protect from fulani herdsmen

Oloriburuku warlords

1 Like

Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by annyz: 9:15pm On May 02
While Umahi is busy attacking PO.
Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by correctguy101(m): 9:15pm On May 02
These brothers fight no dey finish. They hate themselves like Israel and Palestine.. shocked

The person wey swia for this two tribe wicked gan... angry

Blood wey their conflicts don chop no be beans.
Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by Emyzoloye5(m): 9:16pm On May 02
Orobadmeat:
Rejecting and discriminating ebonyi,but on Facebook every day dragging opobo, Bonny and port Harcourt, Fulani ibos grin grin grin grin, Hmm not bad at all grin grin grin

You reason from your anus? Both communities are in same Ebonyi state,
Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by Emyzoloye5(m): 9:20pm On May 02
achi4u:
You speaks like someone who knows everything about that war,now tell me where Ezza people are troublesome in anyway,Ezza people are not pushover even though the government of Ebonyi state which they fought to be created are yet to come their way.
Effium people started that war with their neighbors and are now paying for it.

That ebubu guy is neither from Ebonyi nor igbo...he probably copied that write-up from Facebook or here on nairaland cus I have read that before....

1 Like

Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 9:21pm On May 02
EleventhWeirdo:

You tried in your narration. I served in Effium from 2019-2020, and I can tell you for free that it was a segregated community with the two sides living in parallels. Sometimes, the kids would try to bring the talk and hate to the classroom but I forbade it. Ezza kids would come to me in secret to tell me ridiculous things about Effium and Effium kids too would do same about Ezza. I would only smile. I knew war was imminent because the hate was so deep that you could feel it the moment you step into Effium town. Ezza people regarded Effium indigenes as a backward minority that would not allow them to develop Effium in the name of their indigenous claims on the land. Effium, on the other hand, saw Ezza as invading land gabbers who are there to take their land in the name of development. Ezza people were far richer with many having access to Lagos connections and other resources, but Effium folks are more battle hardened and do not joke with their land or culture despite their poverty. The only way is to partition the land and make laws banning encroachment. The ezza may not be indigenous, but they have made soo much investments there that expulsion is not realistic
you really captured the whole scene.
Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by Angelfrost(m): 9:23pm On May 02
When they say "no place like home", I guess they aren't referring to everywhere on Earth...!

Cos, warrisdis?!!

1 Like

Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by DmonSlayer10: 9:26pm On May 02
SoNature:

You should be calling for peace instead of vomitting this bunch of sputum.
Prince 2324 is right!!!
If you are not an Ezza person supporting Ezza,then shut up!!!'Cos you obvious don't KNOW Ezza people!
Most of them....not all...are a bunch of troublesome,Ignorant and ruly people.
#Slayyourdemons...
Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by JaySmart4422: 9:26pm On May 02
Too many people with blood in their hands
Nigeria can never work many lives have been cut short and crying for vengeance
Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by VinnyBaba: 9:27pm On May 02
But why are some Calling Umahi on this thread? sad

Is he the Governor or Speaker of the State House of Assembly?

This is how Pple on this Site call PETER OBI'S name on issues in Anambra
When infact, He left Anambra state Government House since 2014! undecided
Re: Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi by soullove1881(m): 9:27pm On May 02
Ebubu:

I've heard but I hope you're not supporting Isreal over Palestine oh. Because there is no much difference between this your scenario and what's happening over there 😃

But as for me, most Igbo regarded Calabar as their brother land or hood. And besides, you guys have come a long way. Fighting and killing won't solve problem. Please let there be peace 🕊️ 💕 🤗🤗🤗

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo Of Soldier Killed After Boko Haram Attack On Military Zone In Borno / Fact-checking Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s Claims During #debate2019 / See 40MW Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba Delivered As Promised By Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.