Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,015 members, 7,838,553 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria (26286 Views)

I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite / Ondo Government ‘deports’ 42 Northerners To Kano, Jigawa / APC Caught Sharing Money To Northerners To Vote (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by kafeii123: 1:41pm On May 04
They don't want their sins found out....us base must come...it's France I won't want us to support....given how slavishly France runs the affairs of their previously colonized states ..even up till now

1 Like

Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by stasius: 1:41pm On May 04
Yes. It should be rejected.
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by Ewedegubbler: 1:43pm On May 04
bring the base to SE. We want. these terrorist mallams should go to hell...
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by Reflect7: 1:45pm On May 04
general111:
Kai.
Hatred for the west can make some people dumb.
Is it the US that is supporting Hamas and Hezbollah too? grin

Dumbo, if only you knew the link between western intelligence agencies and “terrorist” groups, you wouldn’t type this slave rubbish.
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by Gabriel1992: 1:46pm On May 04
smileyoo:
Mr man, speak for yourself, because i disagree with your postulations.
Islamic adherents are the real group that spread terrorist groups in the world, especially Africa.
having an American military base in Nigeria is not a wrong idea, but it depends on the terms of agreements for its establishment.
America have military bases in the following countries namely, Japan, south Korea, Germany, e.t.c. and they are doing just fine, they are not complaining, but instead they are developing steadily through the security stability they derived from their collaboration with the Americans.
Can anyone honestly say that Nigeria is not already in serious security crisis through unchecked terrorists invasion by foreigners that cannot be arrested for their atrocities in Nigeria, according to Oga Bubu ?
I wish Oga tinubu can even co-operate with the Americans for the military bases, but with the sole purpose of fighting these terrorists, bandits, Fulani -herdsmen killing farmers, and destroying their farm products and the heartless kidnappers.
Nigeria as a nation must move forward and reject retrogressive attitude in nation building.
We are tired of the killings of innocent Nigerians, without any consequences by these privileged terrorists.
Look at this country rejecting this western country in their land are all Islamic countries full with terrorists who will never allow Free Wil of is citizens,they prefer to be dictator most of them dislike others religion.
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by Chemlite: 1:52pm On May 04
Who are they to kick against US and France military base?
Do we have stability or security that we should be scared of instability or insecurity?

We need more US military base in all the zones from east to west & north to south.

We need peace!
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by general111(m): 1:54pm On May 04
Reflect7:

Dumbo, if only you knew the link between western intelligence agencies and “terrorist” groups, you wouldn’t type this slave rubbish.
**Ignored***
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by drerocker: 1:56pm On May 04
ManirBK:

https://dailytrust.com/eminent-northerners-to-tinubu-reject-bid-to-site-us-french-bases-in-nigeria/
Allow them
De will not attacked us we are in control
The northern elders should back out if na Russia or turkey say them won set up base de will agree.
They her our elite we welcome them
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by Litmus: 2:02pm On May 04
A Nigeria leader interested in the wellbeing of Nigeria may have no pragmatic choice than to consider accepting US military bases on Nigeria soil if America asks. This is because the moment Niger Republic invited Russia into Niger Republic, they exposed Nigeria to unacceptable dangers for which an American base on Nigeria soil becomes the lesser of several evils.

Evils:

1) The international affairs that conspired to draw Niger Republic and Russia together almost certainly will boost terrorism in Nigeria. Either because Russia will directly support Terrorism in Nigeria or indirectly cause an increase in terrorism in Nigeria by helping Niger Republic push them out of Niger Republic. Russia are more likely to do both.

2) If Nigeria snobs a US request to establish a military base in Nigeria, US will clandestinely assist terrorism in Nigeria.

Anyway I have a head full of all the possible permutations but I can't be bothered to put them down here....
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by smileyoo: 2:05pm On May 04
Gabriel1992:
Look at this country rejecting this western country in their land are all Islamic countries full with terrorists who will never allow Free Wil of is citizens,they prefer to be dictator most of them dislike others religion.
exactly.
Just imagine we are basically in a serious security crisis where citizens are persistently killed in a most gruesome manner, communities ransacked and destroyed, with victims forced to flee to IDP camps, abaddoning their ancestral homes, all without any consequences to the vicious perpetrators, and the circle repeats itself over and over again, while the FG watch helplessly because of political will to tackle these security crisis, yet somebody is saying we should not seek any international efforts to stop this menace , as if they are enjoying all these needless killings of innocent Nigerians.
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by gabbytabby: 2:15pm On May 04
God forbid bad thing US and France are personée non grata.

They have been in the Sahel for how many years and all they delivered in escalation despite all the resources they harvested.

They have failed we don’t need proven failures.

ManirBK:

https://dailytrust.com/eminent-northerners-to-tinubu-reject-bid-to-site-us-french-bases-in-nigeria/
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 2:19pm On May 04
Normally I would have said we should reject it.

But if anyone with a brain thinks Russia doesn’t have similar plans for Nigeria as they successfully executed in Niger, Mali and Burkina Faso, then I have a bridge to sell to you.

Better the Americans than the Russians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by gabbytabby: 2:20pm On May 04
We don’t need either.

texazzpete:
Normally I would have said we should reject it.

But if anyone with a brain thinks Russia doesn’t have similar plans for Nigeria as they successfully executed in Niger, Mali and Burkina Faso, then I have a bridge to sell to you.

Better the Americans than the Russians.
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by lextube: 2:22pm On May 04
ManirBK:

Please let them come and establish military bases in Nigeria. If the North don't want these military bases established in their region, I am sure the South would welcome them. We would have a lot to gain from this partnership in terms of intelligence sharing, the ability to buy American weapons and to wipe out terrorism and insecurity in the country. So long as the terms and agreement are fair to both parties, I believe it's a welcome idea.

Our Military would have a lot to gain from the defence pact, there may be some skills and technology transfer as well as Foreign direct investments which Nigeria is in dire need of.

Lastly, let's face it and tell ourselves the truth. I foresee a major World war soon. There might be a major World war before the end of this decade or early in the next decade. Therefore, I think it is high time Nigeria starts identifying with its allies in case of a war.

1 Like

Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by Chemlite: 2:32pm On May 04
wink[color=#006600][/color]
Charly68:
Tinubu should know that they are nothing but spies . If French in particular did not benefit her colonies ,what made the President to believe they have our interest at heart . Look at what they are doing between Ukraine and Russian now. Ukraine iz the battle ground and the place has been ruined technically

Nothing but spies? What are they spying self?
Is it the peace we enjoy or nukes development

Why are you scared if your hands are clean?

The so-called eminent northerners are into business with the insecurity situation, so don't
want it exposed.

One base each (East, west, north and south).
Our military alone can't combat banditry, kidnapping, cattle rustlers, boko Haram, Iswap, Esn .... name them.

1 Like

Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by okunwaye(m): 2:46pm On May 04
Mervingreat:
Another propaganda shit.

Which US, French base? In which local govt or state?

I said it yesterday those anuofia bitch obidunce will surely create a propaganda to align with Niger Republic on the US and Russia issue to throw insult on the Fed govt and here it comes. I said it..

Not only US or French base na North Korea base una for call am...

Shameless losers.

Pls don't send any fraud link as the source I'm not interested..
Cry harder ronu master, US and France base will be established in Nigeria grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by NOwazobia: 2:48pm On May 04
I don't support siting of any international military bases in Nigeria.

It shouldn't be allowed

1 Like

Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by NOwazobia: 2:52pm On May 04
unclejb2:
Baba Druggie the Puppet in Aso Rock has been warned ahead of time by those sponsoring terrorism in the north
and you think the US and France are coming to fight terrorism... SMH

How is their terrorism fight in other countries so far.

I am from the core, but allowing the US and France military to station in Nigeria is an added insecurity to the existing one.
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by NOwazobia: 2:54pm On May 04
CodeTemplar:
Bloody bastards. Speak for your region at best and never the south you are sucking to survive. Useless unity bandits. Please bring them to the south, we don't want a partner that will invade another country to liberate Rus ethnic group. We have enough ethnic friction in Africa already.
I won't allow them in my south.

No be only you get the south.

US, France are no agent of peace.
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by treatise: 2:57pm On May 04
ManirBK:

Lol, what are they afraid of? I believe they're enjoy the "proceeds " from insurgency. 😂😂😂
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by Bobage16(m): 3:22pm On May 04
Even dumb pesin go know say these ppl wan rip us. They never have our best interest first at heart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by GUNITGuy: 3:41pm On May 04
Russians or US can come to my State Ondo State and site it there ....Training and technology transfer could be done ......
If the northerners don't want my People at Ondo State would negotiate a good bargain ....They can continue in their delusion with or without Military base Boko Haram is Profiting the Military Brass and that's why it can never end .....
Let's see for the Next 20yrs whether if what I say is right or wrong
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by lildush(m): 3:46pm On May 04
ManirBK:
President BAT, will NEVER ever allow U.S. & French Military presence in Nigeria. They're major sources of ConfIicts & instabilities in all African countries.

How wunt he allow them. When he have cases in America dey are using against him. To get him do dia dirty works... U think all this his policies is from him? It's d West dat is telling him wat to do. And he will do it because he wants to stay in office. If he wunt. Dey will take him out. Same way dey did to abatcha and yar adua. Dis is a done deal. Tinubu have to go now
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by lildush(m): 3:49pm On May 04
I told u all about the war about the western world and Africa. You all think I was joking.. this is the first phase. It will first look like dey re coming to help us. Den we will become slaves again. Tinubu must go now. Because he wunt say no to them. He is just a puppet.. he will allow them come. Wen things get sour he and his family will flee. Leaving us here...
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by lildush(m): 3:51pm On May 04
This must not happen..
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by lildush(m): 3:54pm On May 04
GUNITGuy:
Russians or US can come to my State Ondo State and site it there ....Training and technology transfer could be done ......
If the northerners don't want my People at Ondo State would negotiate a good bargain ....They can continue in their delusion with or without Military base Boko Haram is Profiting the Military Brass and that's why it can never end .....

Who is this 1? You think they are coming to train our military or improve our technology? They are coming to recolonize us. So dey can have full access to our natural resources. Wake up ooo. The West don't mean good for Africa. This must not happen
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 3:55pm On May 04
NOwazobia:
I won't allow them in my south.

No be only you get the south.

US, France are no agent of peace.
at last the south will have more power to combat any silly intrusion.
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by lildush(m): 3:57pm On May 04
Bobage16:
Even dumb pesin go know say these ppl wan rip us. They never have our best interest first at heart

Exactly my point. Why do u think Burkina faso. Mali and Niger.. senegal liberated them selves and cut ties with the West. They just woke up. Tinubu is their puppet. He will do wat ever they tell him to do. But God will do something soon. Look at how things are getting worst everyday. Do u think they don't know what to do to make it better? The want to reduce our population by all means. So they can get our resources. For free. A war is coming. Be prepared. It's survival of the fittest. All man for himself. Be warned

1 Like

Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by codemaniacs: 4:02pm On May 04
GUNITGuy:

Hamilton1:

Not possible, US know who they are after, all there Bases will be in Northern Nigeria especially in Bornu state

CodeTemplar:
at last the south will have more power to combat any silly intrusion.

Ziggylee:
From my own point of view, I think if they will be allowed in Nigeria, they should be taking to sambisa Forest to occupy that territory.

The Northern Elite are against this moves because it will mean the end of boko Haram business. No more insurgency and kidnapping in Nigeria. They won't like it because they are making their money from civil unrest.

smileyoo:
exactly.
Just imagine we are basically in a serious security crisis where citizens are persistently killed in a most gruesome manner, communities ransacked and destroyed, with victims forced to flee to IDP camps, abaddoning their ancestral homes, all without any consequences to the vicious perpetrators, and the circle repeats itself over and over again, while the FG watch helplessly because of political will to tackle these security crisis, yet somebody is saying we should not seek any international efforts to stop this menace , as if they are enjoying all these needless killings of innocent Nigerians.

They are after oil in southern Nigeria so even if their bases will be in northern Nigeria it's southern Nigerians that will suffer the most especially the SE and SS.
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by lildush(m): 4:05pm On May 04
You guys saying they should come to Nigeria don't even know what is playing out.. these us and France are the sponsors of book haram n many terrorists group around the world. They do so in region dat have much resources. Like oil. Lithium. Gold and other resources. Den dey will come and offer to help u fight insurgency I. Exchange for resources. Which dey will later take over control and kick u d real owners out after som time. See wat happened in Libya.. Afghanistan and oda places. We must not allow them come. We can combat book haram if we want.
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by Benwems(m): 4:16pm On May 04
ManirBK:
US & France are Sources of instability in Nigeria & Africa.
Check around the globe anywhere there is US or France military base
you would see that there is destruction of security architecture of that
country and a lot of armed group fighting the central government

don't talk nonsense. USA has military bases in UK and UK is still prospering.
Re: Eminent Northerners To Tinubu: Reject Bid To Site US, French Bases In Nigeria by HRMK: 4:26pm On May 04
FOR RELIGIOUS REASONS I GUESS!IT WILL BE A GREAT THREAT TO THE SMOOTH RUNNING OF BANDITS,BOKOHARAM AND KIDNAPPERS WHO ARE BEEN SPONSORED BY THE MONEYBAGS!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC / Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari / Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.