Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors (3346 Views)

11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate / Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers / Pictures Of Gov. Orji's Visit To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by thejurist: 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2011
Gov. T. A. Orji Released The Sum Of 2.5 Billion Naira To Road Contractors

http://www.abiastate.gov.ng/2011/11/gov-t-a-orji-released-the-sum-of-2-5-billion-naira-to-road-contractors/

The Governor of Abia State Chief T.A. Orji has released the sum of 2.5billion Naira to mobilize contractors handling various roads projects in the State especially Aba. Chief Press Secretary to the Governor who dropped the hint in Umuahia stated that Governor Orji is interested in ensuring that these roads are completed on time.

According to the Governor roads are very essential in the development of the State so as to ease the transportation problems of the masses. Chief Orji expressed joy that the contractors are now on site working, to ensure they deliver on time. The Abia number one citizen declared that any contractor who defaults may attract serious sanctions. He emphasized that he had directed the Commissioner for Works to supervise the progress of work on daily basis and report back to his office. Chief Orji again urged Abians to be patient with him as he is determined to make Abia State the envy of other State.
</strong>
THIS IS A GOOD ONE, ATLEAST WE NOW KNOW WHO TO BLAME. THE CONTRACTORS MUST DELIVER OTHERWISE WE HAMMER THEM ALL IN ABA
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by Kobojunkie: 11:44pm On Nov 21, 2011
You have not even hammered the situation where you have the same old goons re-electing themselves into office, year after year, na their handpicked contractors you think you fit hammer?/ Abegi!!!
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by FACE(m): 9:44am On Nov 22, 2011
thejurist, do you know anything about Hermes Juno Consortium ? I think it is a money conduit but I would be glad to be told otherwise. Nothing to do with the topic but Abia state in general.
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by OmoTier1(m): 10:43am On Nov 22, 2011
Abeg make we hear word! 2.5Billion for how many KM of roads? Shows you the quality of work to be expected! Let him go to Edo, Lagos, Rivers and Akwa-Ibom and see how roads are constructed with the least expected cost in the region of 2billion of road and above!

The era we construct road cheaply only to reconstruct them again is 3years is far behind us! Award roads of international standards even if it will cost you more. Better have 50 standard roads constructed that will last you 20years than 200 cheap roads that will last just over 5years!
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by otokx(m): 4:55pm On Nov 22, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Abeg make we hear word! 2.5Billion for how many KM of roads? Shows you the quality of work to be expected! Let him go to Edo, Lagos, Rivers and Akwa-Ibom and see how roads are constructed with the least expected cost in the region of 2billion of road and above!

The era we construct road cheaply only to reconstruct them again is 3years is far behind us! Award roads of international standards even if it will cost you more. Better have 50 standard roads constructed that will last you 20years than 200 cheap roads that will last just over 5years!

He should go to Akwa Ibom.
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by Afam4eva(m): 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2011
Abeg let's give Orji a break and see if he'll construct even a kilometer of road. If he does then that's a miracle because this is the first time i'm seeing a news that suggest that Orji is working.
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by Ekans: 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2011
This governor Orji of a man,i wonder if his humanity is on vacation.Go to Aba and you will weep for Abia state.Nothing exists in terms of good infrastructure,its really sad.
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:40pm On Nov 22, 2011
No wahala
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by crackhouse(m): 6:00pm On Nov 22, 2011
Hmm, i can't believe my ears. He actually did that?. This calls for celebration, i mean if he actually mean it.
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by johnsonnna: 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2011
This information from juristlaw is nothing but real truth,
i told you guys area to wait that GOVERNOR T.A ORJI OCHENDO has so many project
for the people of Abians, OCHENDO just approved the minimum wage starting from DECEMNBER.
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by Afam4eva(m): 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2011
johnsonnna:

for the people of Abians, OCHENDO just approved the minimum wage starting from DECEMNBER.

Please do us a favour and stop replying to a thread you created by using another moniker.
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:34pm On Nov 22, 2011
na joke shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by jason2010(m): 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2011
afam4eva:

Please do us a favour and stop replying to a thread you created by using another moniker.

Afam thank you so much. Help me tellam. It seems that the guy just signed up on NL just to defend TA Orji. Check all his previous posts, each and every one of them is projecting TA as holier than thou. This is good news thou. I hope something good comes out of this initiative
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by kelz88(f): 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2011
I will choose to remain Thomas until I SEE!
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by unclenna(m): 7:52pm On Nov 22, 2011
I heard that somebody beat that stupid governor to almost death. grin
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by deadie(m): 9:01pm On Nov 22, 2011
1.5 billion out of the 2.5 billion just found it way into his numerous bank accounts sad sad sad
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by ezeagu(m): 9:31pm On Nov 22, 2011
A lot of you guys should stick to what you know. I'm not saying Orji is a good governor, but he has constructed roads in Abia State before. It's a bit of an exaggeration to say he has done absolutely nothing.
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by realchange: 9:36pm On Nov 22, 2011
robbing peter to pay paul is immoral and will fail. he stole people's pensions to build roads.
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by Chyz2: 10:11pm On Nov 22, 2011
And the joke of the year goes to. . . . . . . .T.A. Orji! Come on down and get your award Mr.Orji. cheesy
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by ak47mann(m): 10:30pm On Nov 22, 2011
lol,
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by PointB: 11:19pm On Nov 22, 2011
Will give him benefit of the doubt.
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by heynew: 7:14am On Nov 23, 2011
this guy have been hated up to the extent that if he says that he is going to church many will say na lie
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by Okijajuju1(m): 8:31am On Nov 23, 2011
Once again, The eastern States are lagging behind in terms of everything!

2.5 Billion? I laugh in Eliozu!! IS he tarring streets or is that for digging the gutters?!

Like someone suggested, He should come to Rivers State and pass through Akaw Ibom as well and understand what a 21st century road should look like.

Easterners need to wake up cos we are surely losing the plot. Our leaders seem to all be r'etarded.
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by Izusco: 9:15am On Nov 23, 2011
We have been told this stories before and nothing happened.Actions speak louder than words.
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by sleekcm(m): 9:21am On Nov 23, 2011
I pity the Abia people. This clown of a governor didnt construct or repair any roads in Aba in 4 years. Where are the mobilised contractors? In this same dirty Aba? Too bad really.
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by angelo234: 9:35am On Nov 23, 2011
T.A ORJI WE HAVE Heard this alot,we are job in the bible this politics,give us our right we abians need these to be construct without discrimination,or dicounted out,such as PH RD,OBOHIA RD,OHUNKU RD,ABA OWERRI RD,ARIRIA AND EZIUKWU RD,IKOTEPENE RD AND CEMENT ROADS,MR GOVERNOR WHAT WOULD U GAIN THE WHOLE WEALTH AND LOSE UR LIFE. DO SOMETHINGS U ARE ELECTED FOR A CONSIDERATED PURPOSES NOT FOR EXCUSES.BY J.C
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by EmmaSun1(m): 4:24pm On Nov 23, 2011
Well, We live to see, Since his determine to make the state the envy of other states.
Will he still do the road from Ariaria to Ugwu Mango. How long will the people of Abia be patient?
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by EzeUche(m): 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2011
Good job Orji. Now it is time for the contractors to work.
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by iroko212: 6:08pm On Nov 23, 2011
I just pray for the Contractors to do a good work. cos people in Aba don suffer badly due to Road badnetwork.
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Nov 23, 2011
Pray? No be Prayer Abia don dey do for the last 12 years or so? What more prayer do you all need here? When are you actually going to get off your lazy behinds and demand that your Governor DO HIS JOB i.e ENSURE THAT THE CONTRACTORS DELIVER what they are meant to . . . a JOB WELL DONE?

Matter of fact, I pray God continue to allow Abia People live under miserable leaders until the people WAKE UP and get their acts together! grin
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by Katchy06: 10:44am On Nov 24, 2011
johnsonnna:

for the people of Abians, OCHENDO just  approved the minimum wage starting from DECEMNBER.

ABEGI, After sacking all Non Abians frm the civil service,
May be the 2.5 billion will be used  to buy cement which he is using to patch the roads and not tarring of roads,
Re: Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors by Katchy06: 10:57am On Nov 24, 2011
ezeagu:

A lot of you guys should stick to what you know. I'm not saying Orji is a good governor, but he has constructed roads in Abia State before. It's a bit of an exaggeration to say he has done absolutely nothing.

Where are the roads he constructed?, What he told Abians last year was that he was in bondage, that Uzor Kalu  collected  all the allocations, that was the story, He did nothing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. / Election Is Ongoing In My Place Right Now (Picture)...what Should I Do? / NLC Pushes For N90,000 Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.