Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,150 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers (5167 Views)

11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate / Nigerian Govt. Releases Chad-bound Russian Plane Detained In Kano / Gov. Orji Released N2.5 Billion To Road Contractors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by hubreality(m): 7:45am On Dec 07, 2012
The Imo State Government has just released list of road contractors, roads awarded, payments made and their phone numbers:

Most of the contractors allegedly claimed they were not given a dime to do the little or seemingly abandoned road projects. And the rumor has it that they were not given contract papers and funds to do the roads. To our surprise this morning, many of them have received over 50% payment and one of them was even over paid without any tangible work to show. We really need this kind of transparency and accountability at all levels of government. Full list at the source.

Who is fooling who? These contractors are just crying fowl indeed! Some say na PDP dey try paint Okorocha's government with dirty!

Source: http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/12/06/operation-full-disclosure-imsg-releases-list-of-road-contractors-payments-and-phone-numbers/

Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 07, 2012
wow!!!!!

We'll see if this is true...

Let's wait for the state government to reply again...
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by hubreality(m): 8:13am On Dec 07, 2012
If these contractors do something tangible and finally complete these roads as the govt continue funding the projects to finish, Imo state will be the best state and the most desired place to be in Nigeria.
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by Demdem(m): 8:17am On Dec 07, 2012
Excellent Development but are these all undecided
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by hubreality(m): 8:30am On Dec 07, 2012
Demdem: Excellent Development but are these all undecided
The source got it all
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by kelvincoll(m): 8:52am On Dec 07, 2012
This is something new and commendable by okorocha, let other govs borrow a leaf from dis. Transparency would definately yield good governace. Now let's hear dem Contractors cryy fowl and turkey
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by Abagworo(m): 9:02am On Dec 07, 2012
kelvincoll: This is something new and commendable by okorocha, let other govs borrow a leaf from dis. Transparency would definately yield good governace. Now let's hear dem Contractors cryy fowl and turkey

I seem to disagree with Rochas on this one. It is one of the dangers of populist government. These contractors could be made enemies of the people by this publications. I don't know if there's any law against this act. I can just call the contractor handling my village roads and threaten him.
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by Clerverly: 9:03am On Dec 07, 2012
Lets see if jonathan would copy Gov. Rochas and show us who and who has been eating away our common patrimony tongue
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by tawa89(f): 9:40am On Dec 07, 2012
Abagworo:

I seem to disagree with Rochas on this one. It is one of the dangers of populist government. These contractors could be made enemies of the people by this publications. I don't know if there's any law against this act. I can just call the contractor handling my village roads and threaten him.
. That's d more reason why it should be encouraged .now people will know the contractor dat is responsible for their suffering on these bad roads. Now we can hold d right people responsible for suffering accountable .kudos to Rochas
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 07, 2012
tawa89: . That's d more reason why it should be encouraged .now people will know the contractor dat is responsible for their suffering on these bad roads. Now we can hold d right people responsible for suffering accountable .kudos to Rochas
Gbam! Threaten them and make their life miserable until the work is done
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by rickross2: 9:45am On Dec 07, 2012
Rochas is on point. I wish the FG will start to make such publications because there are many projects that are awarded and rewarded several times without accountability.

Within the past few years the East West road in the Niger Delta has been awarded to different contractors by different governments, yet the road is a death trap till now. From OBJ to Yaradua and now GEJ, till date we dont know how much was paid and what % of job done. DAYLIGHT ROBBERY if you ask me...

The Second Niger bridge project was announced to have been awarded by OBJ, then Yaradua awarded the same contract and now GEJ is awarding the same contract again. WE NIGERIANS ARE DUMB, WE DESERVE THE KIND OF LEADERS WE HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY...

From this list now I know the truth about the 4 road projects Rochas is constructing in my village. We were told they stopped work bc of the rainy season, some contractors said they were never paid any money. But from this list now I know the contractors has been lying all along. IF THE CONTRACTOR GIVE US SUB STANDARD ROAD WE WILL MAKE THEIR LIFE MISERABLE. THIS MUST BE ENCOURAGED AT FEDERAL LEVEL. Kudos to Rochas

1 Like

Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by tawa89(f): 9:49am On Dec 07, 2012
Sometimes these contractors can be problematic .they just want to collect money and pocket witout doing wot d money was meant for or at most doing a shoddy job check out akpajo eleme road dat was fixed three weeks ago it has gone back to its normal state like natin was done there by this time next year d place will be worse dan it was before it was fixed last month apart from Julius Berger nd few others most of these contractors have no business fixing roads for us.some of them deserve to be shot on the eye for the kinda jobs they execute. Well done Owelle ndi imo
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by tawa89(f): 9:53am On Dec 07, 2012
rick.ross:
Rochas is on point. I wish the FG will start to make such publications because there are many projects that are awarded and rewarded several times without accountability.

Within the past few years the East West road in the Niger Delta has been awarded to different contractors by different governments, yet the road is a death trap till now. From OBJ to Yaradua and now GEJ, till date we dont know how much was paid and what % of job done. DAYLIGHT ROBBERY if you ask me...

The Second Niger bridge project was announced to have been awarded by OBJ, then Yaradua awarded the same contract and now GEJ is awarding the same contract again. WE NIGERIANS ARE DUMB, WE DESERVE THE KIND OF LEADERS WE HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY...

From this list now I know the truth about the 4 road projects Rochas is constructing in my village. We were told they stopped work bc of the rainy season, some contractors said they were never paid any money. But from this list now I know the contractors has been lying all along. IF THE CONTRACTOR GIVE US SUB STANDARD ROAD WE WILL MAKE THEIR LIFE MISERABLE. THIS MUST BE ENCOURAGED AT FEDERAL LEVEL. Kudos to Rochas
u deserve better gulder for this post joorh
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by mrcali1: 10:05am On Dec 07, 2012
Abagworo:

So everything should be shrouded in secrecy. Do you know the projects belong to the pple? Its like saying the details of your personal project should be kept from you.
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by karlmax2: 10:16am On Dec 07, 2012
rick.ross:

we should learn to get our facts right when we critize it an open secret the EAST-WEST road is an NDDC project.obj,yar adua never awarded any contract for the contruction of the 2nd niger bridge this is an interesting alligation I would appreciate if u provide a link for those of us that don't knw about this contract
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by NegroNtns(m): 10:26am On Dec 07, 2012
wow!! guys, go check out the contractors. very interesting that these contractors are all ibo owned companies. why did this state government discriminate against non-igbo companies?
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by emiye(m): 10:33am On Dec 07, 2012
Abagworo:

Your Logic is so weak, Have you heard the word "transparency" & " accountability"
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by Afam4eva(m): 10:36am On Dec 07, 2012
I'm currently watching Focus Nigeria on AIT and there's an attempt to paint the Rochas administration black. This is the first time i'm seeing AIT showing videos of dirty places in Imo state in an interview.
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by Demdem(m): 11:43am On Dec 07, 2012
Negro_Ntns: wow!! guys, go check out the contractors. very interesting that these contractors are all ibo owned companies. why did this state government discriminate against non-igbo companies?

Damn it. Dont start with this again nau
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by obicentlis: 11:49am On Dec 07, 2012
Front page plz, Mods, where are you?
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:09pm On Dec 07, 2012
I commend Okorocha...dude can pull stunts shaa!
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by achi4u(m): 12:33pm On Dec 07, 2012
Negro_Ntns: wow!! guys, go check out the contractors. very interesting that these contractors are all ibo owned companies. why did this state government discriminate against non-igbo companies?
wonder what you mean by "igbo own campanies"?
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by drnoel: 12:35pm On Dec 07, 2012
Abagworo:

Ma guy that is the reason for releasing their names and fone number. So that they would never feel safe anymore. It is high time they know that once u eat a big fish, u could get shoked on its bones. D ones doing my village road would definitely be put under stress if they don't deliver...
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:03pm On Dec 07, 2012
If you notice the contact details for any contractor responsible for any unfinished road in or around your area, i'll advice you be proactive- ring them up and give them an earful of abuse; the fuc'kers must have thought they were still under the Ohakim dispensation where they can chop the peoples money and carry on with life regardless.
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 07, 2012
All Southern states should mimic this.

I doubt if Northern states are still functional.
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by hubreality(m): 5:40pm On Dec 07, 2012
drnoel:
Ma guy that is the reason for releasing their names and fone number. So that they would never feel safe anymore. It is high time they know that once u eat a big fish, u could get shoked on its bones. D ones doing my village road would definitely be put under stress if they don't deliver...
Gbam!
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 08, 2012
rick.ross:

My friend, award of contract is ordinary paper work. I can award contract of N1trillion whereas the money i have is sr
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by MajeOfficial: 12:36am On Dec 08, 2012
Best, and most people oriented governor in Nigeria.
This man really wants to see results. Contractors and PDP have been using the lies of 'non payment' to take him down, but he's clearly playing chess while they're stuck playing checkers
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by Abagworo(m): 3:59am On Dec 08, 2012
What if political opponents are targeted in future lists? In Nigeria things easily get politicized.
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by hubreality(m): 5:11am On Dec 08, 2012
Abagworo: What if political opponents are targeted in future lists? In Nigeria things easily get politicized.
How? Would your name be in the list if you got nothing to do with road construction or rehabilitation in Imo state?
Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by rickross2: 6:04am On Dec 08, 2012
Why is this thread not on the front page? If it were lagos state or any state in the south west it will make front page within few minutes?
It seems suen and his moderators actually hate anything that has to do with igbo?

Look at people like Dayokonu, illeke idi, geez, eko Atlantic etc, 80% of their posts is anti igbo, but i get banned any single day i challenge them on Nairaland? If this is not tribalism then tell me what it is. Nairaland is anti Igbo forum, all the posts about beautiful pics of owerri got deleted within few days for no just reason. It seems I will float my own forum sooner than later... If Nigeria or Nigerians are not ready to grow up, I am ready to help destroy it.

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Govt Releases List Of Road Contractors, Payments & Their Phone Numbers by MajeOfficial: 6:36am On Dec 08, 2012
Lol the yoruba moderator really has a thing against Owerri in particular.
I think the person thinks that if they create a forum where Igbos aren't surpassing Nigeria than it doesn't exist lol.
You can do that all you want but if you level Ibadan and come to Enugu the facts are engrained into the earth it's self, the reality you're trying to create on the internet will only scold you more when you see that even in yoruba states it's igbos enjoying the money.

The fact that the person can't stand to see Owerri is the funniest. If you thought Owerri was nice wait till you go to PH. Fool, lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

MASSOB Has Outlived Its Usefulness- Comrade Agbaigba / Amechi Is A Lucifer,psychiatric Patient-wike Reacts To APC Meeting With Ag VP. / Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Action Committee On Enugu Airport Upgrade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.