Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,481 members, 7,843,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland (2327 Views)

During APC Convention, Tinubu Didn't Allow Us Go To South East - Lawal / IPOB Should Allow Us Bury Nnamdi Kanu’s Parents In Peace – Kinsmen / David Cameron: Some Chibok Girls Were Found But GEJ Didn’t Allow Us Rescue Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by zeuss: 7:34pm On May 09
Fashdeejay:
Sadly if you understand that the moment you allow a foreign country's base on your soil, you literally hand them the reins of power! America has a penchant for undermining democracy... In a subtle manner especially if the govt. in power doesnt dance to their tune. So i dont think it is a good idea in the long run

Not

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by lionphil(m): 7:45pm On May 09
ycat:
Yorubaland is surrounded by people who hate us and want to kill us and take over our land. Our people are maimed and killed for going to farm. Yoruba are the No.1 victims of police and all kind of brutalities in Nigeria, all by design. People can’t walk freely without getting kidnapped. Nigerian has been fighting bokoharam as long as I can remember with no success and the same bokoharam are recruited in the Nigerian army. Nigeria is already at war and we Yoruba are the only ones always depicted as children among Nigerian tribes in drawings because we act like kids and the least prepared for what’s coming. We need a strong arm of the US, though Americans have their own problem but not to the level of the kind of threat Yoruba face in Nigeria where we are slaves. President Tinubu was destroyed outside Nigeria just because he’s a Yoruba man. With their security, Yoruba can now exercise our God-given freedom without fear of Nigerian soldiers descending on us and our Obas can step into their power and get out from under the shadow of the govt. We need help to face what is ahead. This is an opportunity of a lifetime and the greatest crime president Tinubu would commit against Yoruba is not to allow this opportunity. If we are attacked for allowing the US base, it’s a quick way to get to where we are going. A dangerous freedom is better than peaceful slavery.

These are just a few of the countries with US military bases for protection.

United Kingdom
Japan
Germany
Italy
Korea

Go and find out why african countries are expelling the west before you start praying for another evil to befall you.

The US base will never be attacked and they will never come to your aid when fulani attacks. They are only after the resources your region has to offer. Read history before bringing a curse upon your people.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by ycat: 7:46pm On May 09
What kind of peace are we talking about here? Peace of the graveyard is what is in Yorubaland at the moment. Why must Yoruba die in slavery? Why can’t we strive to give better life to ourselves and children?

Nigeria will never let Yoruba reach the feet of our greatness, we need help to break free. Trillions of money is leaving Yorubaland for Abuja while your elderly are begging on the streets of Lagos and Ibadan. Yoruba have enough money to put our elderly on social security but Nigeria won’t let us. This is for humanity.

flokii:
South West is largely peaceful.. a foreign Military base will be best suited for South East to restore peace and order to the region and end every Mondays sit-at-home.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by ycat: 7:57pm On May 09
Stop comparing apples to oranges.

The stupid countries that one is forcing journalists into military and another adopting a foreign language as official language in 2024 and now bringing in new slave masters are what you want to compare with Yoruba?
The African countries who expelled French and the US are a different ball game.
Did you hear about any agreements they signed? Were they there for protection? Yoruba will go the way of the countries I listed, strictly DEFENSE.

lionphil:

Go and find out why african countries are expelling the west before you start praying for another evil to befall you.

The US base will never be attacked and they will never come to your aid when fulani attacks. They are only after the resources your region has to offer. Read history before bringing a curse upon your people.
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by ycat: 8:04pm On May 09
Everyone wants it but Nigeria will NEVER get there. We have a good president like Tinubu who will go down as the best we ever had but Nigeria will still not work. You don’t put goats, chickens, dogs, wolves and pigs in the same pen and expect peace.
nairalanda1:

You are not ready for good government at all.
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by nairalanda1(m): 8:11pm On May 09
ycat:
Everyone wants it but Nigeria will NEVER get there. We have a good president like who will go down as the best we ever had but Nigeria will still not work. You don’t put goats, chickens, dogs, wolves and pigs in the same pen and expect peace.

Seriously, you are not ready for good government.

You want a good president, but you don't want a good governor, good local government chairman, good councilor or even a good local teacher or policeman.

Good presidents don't work in isolation. They work with other good people.

(Anyway, I am not too optimistic about this leadership we have, really....and I can confidnetly say the same about the oppositon).

Finally, you don't want to do the work of a good citizen. You don't want to run for office, you don't want to hold people to account , you don't want to struggle and form a party.

It's only babies that sit down and wait to be fed by Mother Bird. When the baby is old enough, Mother bird will kick them out of the nest and go mate with another male bird to produce more chicks...to repeat the process. Oh, and the chicks kicked out have to look for food.

And the thing is, you and many other people are waiting for 'ideal conditions' like BIafra , Odua, Sharia, restructuring, etc, to get good government. Truth be told, if you get all these, you will still see the same old story. Bad govenrment, bad people.

Leave this nest. I should too. cheesy..before the mother bird wonders why she is still feeding a bird that is 60 years old in bird age.
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by 2mch(m): 8:12pm On May 09
LOVEALAIGBO:

Not necessarily! The OP may be aware of the pitfalls involved in taking such a position, but at the end of the day, it boils down to choosing the lesser of two evils!
It’s not a choice that will be explored and it’s not a viable option.
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by DMerciful(m): 8:22pm On May 09
I'm ok with US base in SS or SE!
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by ycat: 8:31pm On May 09
What makes you think that I don’t want a good governor, mayor etc?

You are trying hard to sound intelligent but missing the mark.

It looks like you are just reading a poem, your post has nothing to do with the topic here.

The last part of your litany is the only one that has meaning and my answer is, should we then give up and not try an alternative especially when lives are at stake?

nairalanda1:

Seriously, you are not ready for good government.

You want a good president, but you don't want a good governor, good local government chairman, good councilor or even a good local teacher or policeman.

Good presidents don't work in isolation. They work with other good people.

(Anyway, I am not too optimistic about this leadership we have, really....and I can confidnetly say the same about the oppositon).

Finally, you don't want to do the work of a good citizen. You don't want to run for office, you don't want to hold people to account , you don't want to struggle and form a party.

It's only babies that sit down and wait to be fed by Mother Bird. When the baby is old enough, Mother bird will kick them out of the nest and go mate with another male bird to produce more chicks...to repeat the process. Oh, and the chicks kicked out have to look for food.

And the thing is, you and many other people are waiting for 'ideal conditions' like BIafra , Odua, Sharia, restructuring, etc, to get good government. Truth be told, if you get all these, you will still see the same old story. Bad govenrment, bad people.

Leave this nest. I should too. cheesy..before the mother bird wonders why she is still feeding a bird that is 60 years old in bird age.

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by ycat: 8:32pm On May 09
Says who?
2mch:

It’s not a choice that will be explored and it’s not a viable option.
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by pointblank247(m): 8:34pm On May 09
Ttipsy:
why not?

You want banditry and herdsmen killing to continue?

I will support US military base even in my local government.
They have the intelligence and zero hypocrisy
I will also support them because of the intelligence but as for zero hypocrisy, MBA.
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by nairalanda1(m): 8:34pm On May 09
ycat:
What makes you think that I don’t want a good governor, mayor etc?

Because you are focusing too much on president things. Like most people here.

You are trying hard to sound intelligent but missing the mark.

I don't recall telling you I was a member of MENSA, or that I was more intelligent than you are.

It looks like you are just reading a poem, your post has nothing to do with the topic here

Well, you will understand soon enough cheesy.

The last part of your litany is the only one that has meaning and my answer is, should we then give up and not try an alternative especially when lives are at stake?

Nope. FIx your mess first. You and your hausa and igbo pals. Stop waiting for 'when things will get better'.
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by ycat: 8:35pm On May 09
I don’t think you are in danger of an attack like Yorubaland.
DMerciful:
I'm ok with US base in SS or SE!
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by ycat: 8:38pm On May 09
You have nothing to contribute to this topic, you are probably a bot, I don’t have your time.
nairalanda1:

Because you are focusing too much on president things. Like most people here.

I don't recall telling you I was a member of MENSA, or that I was more intelligent than you are.

Well, you will understand soon enough cheesy.

Nope. FIx your mess first. You and your hausa and igbo pals. Stop waiting for 'when things will get better'.
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by 2mch(m): 8:41pm On May 09
ycat:
Says who?
Nigerians and they have spoken. It will be absolutely out of the question for Yoruba’s too it seems. When Yoruba nation can also cite their base in US then it will be viable.
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by nairalanda1(m): 8:43pm On May 09
ycat:
You have nothing to contribute to this topic, you are probably a bot, I don’t have your time.

Because I made you mad? cheesy
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by ycat: 8:50pm On May 09
lol!
Made me mad when I can barely make sense of what you posted? I actually almost said you are drunk in my last post but decided to leave out since I don’t know for sure. You are either under the influence of drug, alcohol or worse. Step back and you will see that you are not addressing this very topic.

nairalanda1:

Because I made you mad? cheesy
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by ycat: 8:56pm On May 09
Nigerians have spoken nothing. And this isn’t about Nigeria, it’s about Yorubaland and the only person who could make that decision is president Tinubu. I hope he loves his children and Yorubaland enough to make the tough decision. Why not? Yoruba can also have a military base in the US when we get to that level and the US needs our military might.
2mch:

Nigerians and they have spoken. It will be absolutely out of the question for Yoruba’s too it seems. When Yoruba nation can also cite their base in US then it will be viable.
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by nairalanda1(m): 8:56pm On May 09
ycat:
lol!
Made me mad when I can barely make sense of what you posted.

You can. That's why you are angry.

I actually almost said you are drunk in my last post but decided to leave out since I don’t know for sure. You are either under the influence of drug, alcohol or worse. Step back and you will see that you are not addressing this very topic.

Thank you for being so imaginative. I am actually teetotall.

Projection much?
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by ycat: 9:01pm On May 09
You are welcome, now go and practice your trolling somewhere else, this is an important topic.
nairalanda1:

You can. That's why you are angry.

Thank you for being so imaginative. I am actually teetotall.

Projection much?
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by Christistruth00: 9:02pm On May 09
It is Armed Local Police that SW needs
With Helicopters
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by nairalanda1(m): 9:04pm On May 09
ycat:
You are welcome, now go and practice your trolling somewhere else, this is an important topic.

But at the end, you need to work and struggle for good government

It is not going to come to you via a US Base on your soil.
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by tanigororo: 9:09pm On May 09
ycat:
Yorubaland is surrounded by people who hate us and want to kill us and take over our land. Our people are maimed and killed for going to farm. Yoruba are the No.1 victims of police and all kind of brutalities in Nigeria, all by design. People can’t walk freely without getting kidnapped. Nigerian has been fighting bokoharam as long as I can remember with no success and the same bokoharam are recruited in the Nigerian army. Nigeria is already at war and we Yoruba are the only ones always depicted as children among Nigerian tribes in drawings because we act like kids and the least prepared for what’s coming. We need a strong arm of the US, though Americans have their own problem but not to the level of the kind of threat Yoruba face in Nigeria where we are slaves. President Tinubu was destroyed outside Nigeria just because he’s a Yoruba man. With their security, Yoruba can now exercise our God-given freedom without fear of Nigerian soldiers descending on us and our Obas can step into their power and get out from under the shadow of the govt. We need help to face what is ahead. This is an opportunity of a lifetime and the greatest crime president Tinubu would commit against Yoruba is not to allow this opportunity. If we are attacked for allowing the US base, it’s a quick way to get to where we are going. A dangerous freedom is better than peaceful slavery.

These are just a few of the countries with US military bases for protection.

United Kingdom
Japan
Germany
Italy
Korea
Ọmọ Alè leleyii Ooo,

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by ycat: 9:13pm On May 09
The US is the only solution to Yoruba’s problem. Every region has its own kind of insecurity it faces, the problem we face is not of our own doing. Bokoharam, herdsmen and bandits are from the north. Kidnappers, unknown gunmen and Ipob are from the east. Yoruba haven’t created any terrorist organization, what others have are self-inflicted problems, so all of them are foreign attacks on us and that’s why we need foreign security.
nairalanda1:

But at the end, you need to work and struggle for good government

It is not going to come to you via a US Base on your soil.
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by nairalanda1(m): 9:16pm On May 09
ycat:
The US is the only solution to Yoruba’s problem.

As it was for Afghanistan's problems.... wink

Every region has its own kind of insecurity it faces, the problem we face is not of our own doing. Bokoharam, herdsmen and bandits are from the north. Kidnappers, unknown gunmen and Ipoh are from the east. Yoruba haven’t created any terrorist organization, so all of them are foreign attacks on us and that’s why we need foreign security.

So tinubu and Nigerians have to do things like

1.Force the modernisation of cattle farming in Nigeria, by ending roaming around with cows. It can't and no longer works.

2.Get NIgeria to become industrial and to export industrial goods and services.

3.Cut subsides on power, so that it can make a profit to improve generation, distribution and transmission, and power the industrial sector

4.Less idle hands for the devil's workshop.

US base? US is coming for their interests...not for your own. US Base in niger did not stop boko attacking nigerien villages and towns.

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by Antivirus92(m): 9:18pm On May 09
flokii:
South West is largely peaceful.. a foreign Military base will be best suited for South East to restore peace and order to the region and end every Mondays sit-at-home.
how did south east come into this discussion now?
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by 2mch(m): 9:19pm On May 09
ycat:
Nigerians have spoken nothing. And this isn’t about Nigeria, it’s about Yorubaland and the only person who could make that decision is president Tinubu. I hope he loves his children and Yorubaland enough to make the tough decision. Why not? Yoruba can also have a military base in the US when we get to that level and the US needs our military might.
Sorry. You are delusional. It will never happen in Nigeria or Yorubaland. We are already at that level Mr Slave.
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:19pm On May 09
America here, Russia next door.....what a jamboree!
You must think oyinbos are some kind of Jesuses that wants to die for you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by ycat: 9:31pm On May 09
You are either incoherent or just trolling.

Do you know the story of Afghanistan at all? Let me tell you if you don’t know, it was invaded as a terrorist country after 911.

Go and check the countries I listed with US military bases, that is what Yoruba will get.

All those pie in the sky wishful thinking can’t happen in Nigeria, we already know what cutting subsidy did.

We know how the US is after its own interest in Korea, Italy, Germany and others and we love it so far.

We need the US help to get out Nigeria.

N.b You are just afraid of Yoruba leaving Nigeria.

nairalanda1:

As it was for Afghanistan's problems.... wink

So tinubu and Nigerians have to do things like

1.Force the modernisation of cattle farming in Nigeria, by ending roaming around with cows. It can't and no longer works.

2.Get NIgeria to become industrial and to export industrial goods and services.

3.Cut subsides on power, so that it can make a profit to improve generation, distribution and transmission, and power the industrial sector

4.Less idle hands for the devil's workshop.

US base? US is coming for their interests...not for your own. US Base in niger did not stop boko attacking nigerien villages and towns.
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by nairalanda1(m): 9:45pm On May 09
ycat:
You are either incoherent or just trolling.

DO tell

Do you know the story of Afghanistan at all? Let me tell you if you don’t know, it was invaded as a terrorist country.

SO, if a Yoruba man bombs a building in the USA....it would be ok for the US to invade Yoruba land....

Right.

Go and check the countries I listed with US military bases, that is what Yoruba will get.

Many of them want them out. Even the ROK...which relies on US presecence to keep the dprk at bay.

All those pie in the sky wishful thinking can’t happen in Nigeria, we already know what cutting subsidy did

We had to cut subsidy because our refusal to do so in 1993 led to us accumulating debt....which led to the current situation where the government had no choice. Even now, they still pay some subsidy..

We know how the US is after its own interest in Korea, Italy, Germany and others and we love it so far.
The Germans, Koreans and Italians are not loving it...especially when US soliders act like vagabonds...

PLus the cold war is over.

We need the US help to get out Nigeria.

No, we need no imperalist master...US or Russia.

N.b You are just afraid of Yoruba leaving Nigeria.

Well, you can lead the movement of yoruba out of Nigeria..I ain;t stopping you. A seccesionist movement in any country is a sign the democracy of the country is mature enough. We should not suppress such movements here..provided they don't back violent things.
Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by ycat: 9:48pm On May 09
It won’t be the first time, America is in business for that and there’s no price too much for my freedom. You order what you need from around the world, security is even more important than all those material things. Didn’t you see Poland begging for US military base? When you need security, US is the go-to man, Jesus made it so.

You guys are just scared to death at the thought of Yoruba leaving Nigeria behind. It’s going to happen and the earlier the better.
StaffofOrayan:
America here, Russia next door.....what a jamboree!
You must think oyinbos are some kind of Jesuses that wants to die for you!

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Allow US Military Base In Yorubaland by ycat: 10:06pm On May 09
Why not? If a Yoruba man bombs twin towers killing thousands of people and the government refuses to hand him over while planning more especially when he was once theirs.

No they don’t want the US out, more countries want them in.

One subsidy was bad enough, it won’t work.

Those countries are loving it and that’s why they are still there even when Americans are calling for them to com back home.

US imperialist anytime over the what we have in Nigeria now.

What we need is freedom and we need the security of the US to make sure there’s no violence.
nairalanda1:

DO tell

SO, if a Yoruba man bombs a building in the USA....it would be ok for the US to invade Yoruba land....

Right.

Many of them want them out. Even the ROK...which relies on US presecence to keep the dprk at bay.

We had to cut subsidy because our refusal to do so in 1993 led to us accumulating debt....which led to the current situation where the government had no choice. Even now, they still pay some subsidy..

The Germans, Koreans and Italians are not loving it...especially when US soliders act like vagabonds...

PLus the cold war is over.

No, we need no imperalist master...US or Russia.

Well, you can lead the movement of yoruba out of Nigeria..I ain;t stopping you. A seccesionist movement in any country is a sign the democracy of the country is mature enough. We should not suppress such movements here..provided they don't back violent things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Approves N600 Billion For Demographic Database – NPC Chairman. / Awolowo Vs Achebe: simple logic eluding Nigerians? / 2015 Elections: Jonathan’ll Win Re-election, Says Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.