Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage (4505 Views)

Ekiti Workers Jubilate As Fayose Pays Them Another Visit Today (photos) / Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction / Abuja Landlord Ejects Buhari Over N20 Million Rent - Newsdairyonline (2012) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by thejurist: 6:06pm On Nov 22, 2011
ALL HAIL THE ABIA STATE GOVERNOR AS WORKERS JUBILATE OVER 20,100 MINIMUM WAGE

Tuesday, November 22, 2011
ALL HAIL THE ABIA GOVERNOR AS WORKERS JUBILATE OVER 20,100 MINIMUM WAGE

Abia State Governor Chief T.A Orji has approved the sum of twenty thousand, one hundred naira only as the new minimum wage. According to a release by the Chief Press Secretary Ugochukwu Emezue, this followed the signing of an agreement between government and labour in Umuahia. According to the  Governor the payment of the new minimum wage will begin on 1st December this year. Chief T.A. Orji said that the arrears of the minimum wage which starts from 1st of April this year will be paid from January 2012. The payment of these arrears according to the Governor will be spread for a period of 12 months. For Chief T.A. Orji, the endorsement of twenty thousand one hundred naira above the 18,000 minimum wage is a clear indication of his love for Abia workers. He made it clear that having been a civil servant he will go extra mile to improve the welfare of Abia workers. He called for support from all.

Ugochukwu Emezue
Chief Press Secretary

http://www.abiastate.gov.ng/2011/11/all-hail-the-abia-state-governor-as-workers-jubilate-over-21100-minimum-wage/
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by Chyz2: 6:07pm On Nov 22, 2011
You're funny.
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by Afam4eva(m): 6:08pm On Nov 22, 2011
Good development. But i'll join in the jubilation the moment the sacked non-indigenes are called back to service.
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by doctokwus: 6:19pm On Nov 22, 2011
Bliv that dat clown will pay N21k;u wud blv anything;for d fact that he evn stupidly says he wud pay N21k instead of d aproved N18k whc many states are evn reneging on shows d man is d biggest failure to ever grace governance in d country
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by FACE(m): 6:23pm On Nov 22, 2011
Quite easy to pay Peter with money stolen from Paul.
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by thejurist: 6:31pm On Nov 22, 2011
Some sadists are not happy, GO HUG TRANSFORMER IF YOU SAD. I think this is good and rejoice with Abians even if not my State. DOCKWUS SOUNDS MORE CLOWN AND MAYBE YOU ARE A MASSIVE CLOWN LOL
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by kelz88(f): 6:37pm On Nov 22, 2011
Until my peeps in Abia confirm this. . . . . . . angry
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by Obiagu1(m): 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2011
Better don't jubilate yet.
The governor should do his maths proper and give allowance for 3,000+ Abia indigenes that will be sacked nationwide.
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by Chyz2: 6:47pm On Nov 22, 2011
Obiagu1:

Better don't jubilate yet.
The governor should do his maths proper and give allowance for 3,000+ Abia indigenes that will be sacked nationwide.

Bingo. Why approve an excessive amount when you are in a matter in which retalliation for sending non-indegenes back to their states is still on grounds of talk. I'm hoping Jurist knows the write up makes his governor look even more clueless. undecided
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by doctokwus: 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2011
thejurist:

Some sadists are not happy, GO HUG TRANSFORMER IF YOU SAD. I think this is good and rejoice with Abians even if not my State. DOCKWUS SOUNDS MORE CLOWN AND MAYBE YOU ARE A MASSIVE CLOWN LOL
Ur type are a disgrace to motherhood,giving birth to somebody that can't use his common sense to smell d refuse evn wen u are deep inside it.U claim u are not from abia state,yet support d clown,ah ah,evn a one year old can see d sycophant in u,doing ur id-iotic masters bidding just for d crumbs from his table.Mark my words,T.A. Orji is bound for ignomy& ur type,evn wt d little peanuts u get for ur disgraceful posts& blind support of his demen ted ideas will go painfully down wt him,stupid idi otic slowpoke.
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by realchange: 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2011
the man is trying hard to win abians and bring them to his side. if he succeeds, he will win the battle but lose the war because other states will target abians bitterly.
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by thejurist: 9:39pm On Nov 22, 2011
@ Dokwus, You are working for OUK AND FAMILY, YOU GOT NO CREDIBILITY COS YOU OFFERED NOTHING TO ABIANS. YOUR REGIME KILLED ABIA YOUTHS AND DAMAGED THIER FUTURE. GO AND KISS FIRE OR BURY YOUR HEAD INTO SOME STINKING poo. YOU self-servicer!
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by Chyz2: 10:10pm On Nov 22, 2011
thejurist:

@ Dokwus, You are working for OUK AND FAMILY, YOU GOT NO CREDIBILITY COS YOU OFFERED NOTHING TO ABIANS. YOUR REGIME KILLED ABIA YOUTHS AND DAMAGED THIER FUTURE. GO AND KISS FIRE OR BURY HEAD INTO SOME STINKING poo. YOU self-servicer!

Kip quiet.
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by manchy7531: 9:55am On Nov 23, 2011
Abia state governor should stop deluding himself, he is just saying it to raise dust, tomorrow he will find another excuse for his failure, he is a bad carpenter that always fight with his tools, there is nothing he can do in abia to heal the wounds he has created for abia state. he should better shutup and do it secret.because he has done more worse than good to abia people
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by thejurist: 10:10am On Nov 23, 2011
the governor has done good for the people, lets support him to achieve more.
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by Baawaa(m): 10:36am On Nov 23, 2011
Politicians with politics!!!!hmmmmmm
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 10:38am On Nov 23, 2011
A good governor isnt know by his words but his deeds. Kudos t Abia State's Gov
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:13am On Nov 23, 2011
we play ooooooooooooo
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by paniki(m): 11:26am On Nov 23, 2011
Is it enough to cover average cost of living?
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by doctokwus: 11:29am On Nov 23, 2011
thejurist:

@ Dokwus, You are working for OUK AND FAMILY, YOU GOT NO CREDIBILITY COS YOU OFFERED NOTHING TO ABIANS. YOUR REGIME KILLED ABIA YOUTHS AND DAMAGED THIER FUTURE. GO AND KISS FIRE OR BURY YOUR HEAD INTO SOME STINKING poo. YOU self-servicer!
D only way u know who is a homosexual is because that's what u engage in;that's how low u and ur deluded paymaster have sunk,u both now don't c anything wrong in d act,abia state is evn now blived to b d hqts of d shameful act& I know u must b a highranking member.Ever since that incompetent fool assumed office,its bn one heinous news after d other:kidnappings,gang rape,fatal robbery attacks,non payment of salaries,he has added dismissal of fellow ibo workers& oil pipelines vandalisation to d list of horrible achievements under his watch;don't worry,soon all ur ulcerated as-s-es will b exposed& ur type will find themselves where they belong:among d degraded,disgraced members of d society,u ho-m+ophobic im-b-eci-le
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by oge4real(f): 11:43am On Nov 23, 2011
Hope he can sustain this?
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by ocelot2006(m): 12:10pm On Nov 23, 2011
The governor of Abia state had better invest more in the state's civil infrastructures. The whole state is just one big mess.
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by ujchief(m): 12:28pm On Nov 23, 2011
when Rochas opted to pay 20k, he was praised and got the nod, now t.a has done it, he is given a cold treatment. Haters, go and dance wendeck on top nepa pole. I'v always been upfront in critisizing his bad deeds, but he got it right this time. And for sacking of non-abians, he got it right also. Long time ago, upon the creation of abia state, imo state sent abians back, enugu had done that long ago. T.a, u've kept abians in pains for a long time, but this singular act has put smile, at least, for a while.
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by lukesh(m): 12:43pm On Nov 23, 2011
Robbing Peter to pay Paul, what is the fate of the sacked non-indigenes, another carrot and stick? well let him start the payment in Deecmber before we can say Hossana
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 23, 2011
trying to buy favor

his political career has been limited to the borders of abia state,
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by kasiem(m): 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2011
I'VE NO WORD FOR THIS slowpoke OF A GOVERNOR. WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR D DAY HE'LL TOUCH HIS FILTHY FEET ON ABA
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by otokx(m): 2:36pm On Nov 23, 2011
The workers should not jubilate until the cash hit their account.
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by Okijajuju1(m): 3:21pm On Nov 23, 2011
An once again, another Eastern Governor proves he has no idea about governance.

When will ndi Igbo stop mortgaging their future to charlatants?!  angry
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by Rossikk(m): 3:43pm On Nov 23, 2011
otokx said

The workers should not jubilate until the cash hit their account.

Una no go kill persin for this NL. grin grin grin
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by donigspain(m): 4:27pm On Nov 23, 2011
My brother Kasiem just said it all. We anxiously await the day that 'satanist' will set his foot on the soil of Aba. For the fact that he had not attempted to fly or pass through Aba shows he still recall the 'little' lesson we thought him during his campaign. I was moved to tears the last time I visited Aba (last month) due to the complete negligence and outright absence of d presence of governance in the city. When he dies, I pray he rust in d bossom of the World's Macho Gays,
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by Chygoz05: 6:26pm On Nov 23, 2011
ochendo is the man!!! i'm so so so happy!!! our problem now should be jonathan and subsidy wahala. gov. t. a. has done his. thumbs up jare
Re: Abia State Workers Jubilate Over N20,100 Minimum Wage by kelz88(f): 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2011
Can't believe some people on here are hailing the dude?

No wonder Naija has failed to progress. SMH!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fg Targets 2013 For Complete Modernisation Of Airports / Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! / Why Do You Support The Clampdown On Shias But Oppose Trump Muslim Ban?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.