Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" (15673 Views)

Reports That Eritrean Law Requires Men To Marry Two Wives Are False / Woman Strips Unclad To Hug Mandela Statue / Nelson Mandela Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by bluenubian(f): 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2007
lol. . .li'l bush!
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by mendax: 3:55pm On Sep 24, 2007
una know say dis BUSH na BUSHman abi?!!!
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by Sobola75(f): 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2007
Is that not what we are experiencing in Nigeria with present touts we have in the National Assembly
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by Sobola75(f): 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2007
Is that not what we are experiencing in Nigeria with present touts we have in the National Assembly
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by osisi5: 5:03pm On Sep 24, 2007
before the bush haters go on,let's see what he actually said.

"I heard somebody say, Where's Mandela?' Well, Mandela's dead because Saddam Hussein killed all the Mandelas," Bush, who has a reputation for verbal faux pas, said in a press conference in Washington on Thursday.

anyone with a brain knows he never meant Mandela was dead.
Mandela here was only a figure of speech.
This people sef
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by ochiaha1(m): 5:07pm On Sep 24, 2007
fesse:

na wonderland filled wit wonder people.

na crazy dey worry am.

No be craze dey worry am, you never hear say, 'uneasy lies the head that wears the crown'.

E fit be information overload  wey dey distort him memory, abeg give the poor man a chance as e no dey easy to occupy that seat.
cheesy
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by Iman3(m): 5:43pm On Sep 24, 2007
+osisi:

anyone with a brain knows he never meant Mandela was dead.
Mandela here was only a figure of speech.
This people sef

The irony is that those who castigate Bush for his stupidity here are the ones with question marks over their intelligence.The real meaning of Bush's speech is apparent to any sensible person.
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by 9ja4eva: 5:48pm On Sep 24, 2007
Bush na dullard na

Maybe he wants to kill Mandela
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 24, 2007
Where were this pple when Obasanjo rode rough-shod over the sensibility of Nigerians for 8yrs?

I doubt the Americans are half as bothered as the Nigerians who are ever willing to help them to cry.
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by igwe4life(m): 6:07pm On Sep 24, 2007
And una talk say Baba Iyabo no sabi talk!

Bush na Gbegborun.
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by osisi5: 6:33pm On Sep 24, 2007
paccino:

I FEEL THE GUY WAS JUST MAKING AN ANALOGY, HE CANT SAY MANDELA WAS DEAD WHEN HE IS NOT

abi o.
and people are busy crying wolf when all we see is a cachectic chicken walking by.
na wa for nairalanders
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by denex: 6:43pm On Sep 24, 2007
If I talk, dem go talk say I talk.

HEIL BUSH!
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by surugede(m): 7:07pm On Sep 24, 2007
it is also reported that BUSH was caught drunk-driving (well durrung his high school days)

I dd nt say BUSH is a drunk ooooooooooo lipsrsealed
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by osisi5: 7:18pm On Sep 24, 2007
denex:

If I talk, them go talk say I talk.

HEIL BUSH!

denex read his words ah ah.
you're smarter than that
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by seun001(m): 7:20pm On Sep 24, 2007
the point we are trying to make is that he aint supposed to use Mandela's name that way.did u people know or bother to check the meaning of Faux pas.ehn!abegi
MANDELA represents so many things to too many people,Africans and non-africans alike.
if u want to make an example/allusion,dont use something sensitive.period
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by denex: 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2007
Yeah he was caught drunk-driving, he's been engaged in burgulary, Al Gore even mentioned once during their elections that he was a consumer of hard drugs.

What he is the most popular for among his more minor vices in Elections Rigging. I wonder where the EU were that time and why they did not release a report on it.

Anyway, na dem sabi. George Bush has much greater crimes to atone for now.
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by Skywalker5(m): 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2007
Na wa oooo

He was just using Name Mandela to explain.What he said does not mean President Mandela is dead.

O ga fun yin gan

Why you people come dey abuse bush because he dey use English wey una no understand? grin
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by osisi5: 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2007
Thanks mr skywalker

People abusing Bush for no reason but simply because he didn't give the proverb in  their native "vernacular"  and they call bush a slowpoke ? shocked shocked shocked

seun001:

the point we are trying to make is that he aint supposed to use Mandela's name that way.did u people know or bother to check the meaning of Faux pas.ehn!abegi
MANDELA represents so many things to too many people,Africans and non-africans alike.
if u want to make an example/allusion,don't use something sensitive.period

aren't you being a tad too sensitive here.
Mandelas in his statement represented peaceful folks,upright people and citizens,people who want the best for their nation,people who stand up for justice and equality.
Anyone would be thrilled to be used in that manner.
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by seun001(m): 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2007
of course, i will be sensitive of untoward statements about a great man like that.as far as am concerned,he's disrespecting.
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by justme3(m): 7:49pm On Sep 24, 2007
It really doesn't matter what Bush said or didn't say about mandela. The fact is that he(Bush) is mediocre.
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by Iman3(m): 7:53pm On Sep 24, 2007
seun001:

of course, i will be sensitive of untoward statements about a great man like that.as far as am concerned,he's disrespecting.

Did you hear Mandela complaining? Why are you crying more than the "bereaved"?
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by seun001(m): 7:56pm On Sep 24, 2007
I-man:

Did you hear Mandela complaining? Why are you crying more than the "bereaved"?

of course,he cant be complaining cos his doesnt bother with unintelligent bickerings.
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by Purist(m): 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2007
seun001:

of course,he can't be complaining because his doesnt bother with unintelligent bickerings.

And you are bothered?
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by seun001(m): 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2007
Purist:

And you are bothered?
it aint about been bothered.if this was a straight statement then it wouldnt make headlines.just like he alluded to the fact that Blair was his boy while his mic was on,am sure Blair never effectively erased the implied insult from his name.
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 24, 2007
+osisi:

Thanks mr skywalker

People abusing Bush for no reason but simply because he didn't give the proverb in  their native "vernacular"  and they call bush a slowpoke ? shocked shocked shocked

aren't you being a tad too sensitive here.
Mandelas in his statement represented peaceful folks,upright people and citizens,people who want the best for their nation,people who stand up for justice and equality.
Anyone would be thrilled to be used in that manner.

That's not what he meant. It's quite obvious to everybody that Bush f, ked up. Nobody uses the language that way, moreover half the entire world can't possibly be wrong.
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by osisi5: 8:37pm On Sep 24, 2007
which entire world?
people please calm down.
This is not hurting mandela like it's hurting you folks
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by ayodeji77(m): 9:25pm On Sep 24, 2007
we should not be surprised when a bush man is babbling.he is a fool and father of all fools.let us not forget so fast that he wobbled,stumbled and fumbled into being the president of america.i know one day,nemesis will soon catch up with him.i rest my comments till further notice. :-x
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by osisi5: 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2007
if you folks spent half this energy on changing our police force and preventing crime,some of us may actually return home. lipsrsealed
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by presido1: 10:19pm On Sep 24, 2007
He once said that queen eliza visited US in 1776.
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 24, 2007
+osisi:

if you folks spent half this energy on changing our police force and preventing crime,some of us may actually return home. lipsrsealed

so you're waiting for us to 'change the police force and prevent crime' before you come home. you just cracked the biggest joke of the decade.  cheesy imagine the mindset. . .  

Ask not what your country can do for you. . . . FYI we're all stakeholders (by default) in Nigeria PLC. You sound a mite confused, make up your mind which side are you on?

I digress though, back to topic, George W Bush jr is arguably the least cerebral president in American history, and now his clumsy, inept manipulation of the balance of world politics has accelerated the downfall of the American empire. Count on Bush to almost always make a fool of himself anytime his minders forget to cue him on what next to say.
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by denex: 11:17pm On Sep 24, 2007
This is the same man that referred to the APEC Summit as the OPEC summit only recently in Sydney and mistook the country he was in as Austria.

In August 2004, Bush gave a speech on television where he said:

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful-- so are we. They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people-- and neither do we.
Re: Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" by RichyBlacK(m): 11:43pm On Sep 24, 2007
"I heard somebody say, Where's Mandela?' Well, Mandela's dead because Saddam Hussein killed all the Mandelas" --- George W. Bush

Had Bush pluralized the second reference to Mandela, just as he did for the third, the statement would have been:

"I heard somebody say, Where's Mandela?' Well, the Mandelas are dead because Saddam Hussein killed all the Mandelas"

The above statement would have attracted no significant attention.

This adds to his long list of gaffes, mispronunciations, grammatical blunders and Bushisms! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

U.S. Weighs Sending 100-Mile Strike Weapon To Ukraine - Reuters / Nana Akufo-Addo Sworn In As President Of Ghana / Horrific Photos Of ISIS Atrocities How They Behead Christian Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.