Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2308921 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:37am On Mar 06, 2018
pkasso:
The wait continues o. E be like say Cech sef no wan enter 200. It must be really hard supporting Arsenal at this period. Wenger would do well to resign come the end of the season. The players have also let him down and should take the larger share of the blame. There has always been this mental frailty with this team. The dressing room lacks leaders and strong characters. Just a bunch of overpaid pussies.

Rino has really rejuvenated Milan. He had a tough start on the job but things are now clicking. I've been impressed with the Cutrone kid. I remember seeing him in a pre-season friendly against Bayern. He scored twice in that game, I think. Ehen, what about that Mastour boy? He had a bright future ahead of him and now it's like he's disappeared. I guess the hype was too much.

Sorry about the sad news about Astori yesterday. I know he came through the ranks at Milan. Wasn't really a good defender IMO, I used to think of him and Andrea Rannochia as 5&6, symbols of the decline in the quality of Italy's famed CB production line. Maybe I was a little harsh on him.

Sadly, Mastour like other young talents is suffering from the collateral damage we incurred from our inconsistency in coaching. Remember, after Allegri left in 2014 for Juventus, we have had 7 coaches including Gattusso in the space of 3 years. Right now the team is enjoying some level of stability under Gattuso and I highly doubt he would consider using his reign to train/ raise prospects.

The good thing is, Mastour is just 19 and has a bright future. I know Gattuso watches him in training and is taking note, however, it would be risky and unfair to expect Gattuso to invest playing time on young players for a team desperately looking to just stabilize.

You raised a very salient point about Astori, I think he suffered from the saturation in central defense position in Italy. I still think he was a talented defender who was flexible enough in most formation. However, I strongly disagree with your notion about the decline in the quality of Italian defenders. This is because the central defense position has evolved in European football but largely remained the same in Italy. Teams are seeking ball playing defenders, who are not particularly brute but slim with pace and can pass build from the back. The Italian Serie A for ardent followers like me would tell you that the league still produces the best defenders but they struggle when they leave home to ball playing leagues where demands are different.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 1:54am On Mar 06, 2018
KevinDein:

Exactly the point. I know Arsenal is shiit these days but so have Man Utd; and that's after they have spent similar amount of money as City.

It is totally hilarious how fans of Manchester Utd like pretending like they've are not shiiit. They are shiiittt and have been for a while. (rubbish Arsenal have finished ahead of them in each of the last 4 seasons FFS)
you they mind those deluded fans
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pkasso(m): 1:58am On Mar 06, 2018
Roland17:

Sadly, Mastour like other young talents is suffering from the collateral damage we incurred from our inconsistency in coaching. Remember, after Allegri left in 2014 for Juventus, we have had 7 coaches including Gattusso in the space of 3 years. Right now the team is enjoying some level of stability under Gattuso and I highly doubt he would consider using his reign to train/ raise prospects.

The good thing is, Mastour is just 19 and has a bright future. I know Gattuso watches him in training and is taking note, however, it would be risky and unfair to expect Gattuso to invest playing time on young players for a team desperately looking to just stabilize.

You raised a very salient point about Astori, I think he suffered from the saturation in central defense position in Italy. I still think he was a talented defender who was flexible enough in most formation. However, I strongly disagree with your notion about the decline in the quality of Italian defenders. This is because the central defense position has evolved in European football but largely remained the same in Italy. Teams are seeking ball playing defenders, who are not particularly brute but slim with pace and can pass build from the back. The Italian Serie A for ardent followers like me would tell you that the league still produces the best defenders but they struggle when they leave home to ball playing leagues where demands are different.
I don't particularly watch the Serie A much these days but I still follow events and happenings in that league. Take out the BBC trio and you would struggle to name one very good Italian CB. Shey na Rugani wey don dey chop bench even with Bonucci gone . Barzagli is like 37 now, Chiellini is 33/34 yet Juve had to go and bring in Benatia, which shows how 'highly' they think of him or is it Rannochia who was stripped of the captain armband at Inter and was sent packing to Hull City. Acerbi?? Maybe Romagnoli but I'm not totally convinced.

There are very good CBs in the Serie A but how many of them are Italian?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:03am On Mar 06, 2018
pkasso:
I don't particularly watch the Serie A much these days but I still follow events and happenings in that league. Take out the BBC trio and you would struggle to name one very good Italian CB. Shey na Rugani wey don dey chop bench even with Bonucci gone . Barzagli is like 37 now, Chiellini is 33/34 yet Juve had to go and bring in Benatia, which shows how 'highly' they think of him or is it Rannochia who was stripped of the captain armband at Inter and was sent packing to Hull City. Acerbi?? Maybe Romagnoli but I'm not totally convinced.

I think the problem is the new generation of CB are more adventurous, check out the so called BBC they stay back leaving the full backs to roam cos they don't have the pace.
Rugani is actually a good defender just that he will expose his partner cos he will like to move forward
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:58am On Mar 06, 2018
pkasso:

There very good young defenders in the Seria A and I would give share a few of them who have very bright prospects.

A. Romagnoli (Milan): My stance about A. Romagnoli has remained the same over the past 3 years and that is, he remains in Italy even if he decides to leave Milan.

De Sciglio (Juve)

Rugani (Juve): He has made over 13 appearances for Juve, don't forget, he is just 23 and that is very young for that position.

M. Caldara (Atalanta) is one of the most exciting young defenders in the Serie A, you need to watch this guy.

A. Conti (Milan)

A. Barreca (Torino)

Florenzi and Pellegrini, 22 (Flexible enough to play CB, DM).

I am not concluding these players would all become superstars but I think from the much I have seen, they are definitely going to push into the new Azzurri.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 7:35am On Mar 06, 2018
Lana1:
We finished above United FC. Use it to enter top 4 na. Rubbish!!
Actually the point is a team that is the butt joke of everyone, Arsenal, has been finishing above the so called great Man Utd. Brings into light how the media downplay the failures of Man Utd, Spurs and Liverpool. The stick and bashing Arsenal gets, you'd think those three clubs have been doing better in the last few years.

At the emboldened, when Arsenal have been finishing in the top four for 21 solid years, everyone had us believed that that wasn't an achievement and only winning trophies counted. I wonder why the sudden shift in goal post grin

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 8:24am On Mar 06, 2018
KevinDein:

Actually the point is a team that is the butt joke of everyone, Arsenal, has been finishing above the so called great Man Utd. Brings into light how the media downplay the failures of Man Utd, Spurs and Liverpool. The stick and bashing Arsenal gets, you'd think those three clubs have been doing better in the last few years.
Is only an Arsenal fan that ll try to drag other clubs with their useless club. Ur club didnt just become useless like u're suggesting. Ur team has been shît for 13 years now. Went trophyless for 9 out of those 13 years.
But United trying to bounce back to the top ve still won 3 within 5 years since SAF's retirement. Abeg find another club to drag with shît club. Maybe Liverpool or Spurs. Not United.

At the emboldened, when Arsenal have been finishing in the top four for 21 solid years, everyone had us believed that that wasn't an achievement and only winning trophies counted. I wonder why the sudden shift in goal post grin
Well nobidy would ve said anything if u finish in top 4 and actually won trophies.
But Arsenal will finish 4th, end up trophyless and still celebrate it. That's the difference!!

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 9:11am On Mar 06, 2018
Lana1:
Is only an Arsenal fan that ll try to drag other clubs with their useless club. Ur club didnt just become useless like u're suggesting. Ur team has been shît for 13 years now. Went trophyless for 9 out of those 13 years.
But United trying to bounce back to the top ve still won 3 within 5 years since SAF's retirement. Abeg find another club to drag with shît club. Maybe Liverpool or Spurs. Not United.

Well nobidy would ve said anything if u finish in top 4 and actually won trophies.
But Arsenal will finish 4th, end up trophyless and still celebrate it. That's the difference!!
Still doesn't change the fact that your club Man Utd have been shitttier than Arsenal in the past few years.
Arsenal and Man Utd, both shiiit clubs, the latter just happens to be shitttier.

Let's enjoy our day bro. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:25am On Mar 06, 2018
Roland17:

Nwanne, I am maintaining strong neutrality in this game. Both teams have my passion and heart and it did not start today, this has been historical for me. If anything, it leaves a sour feeling whenever they are matched up because win or lose, its always a loss for me. I can't speak for or against either team. Someone else can help out here.
Seriously? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:38am On Mar 06, 2018
Lana1
Arsenal fans are not denying that the club has been poor since a while now. The point is Man Utd have probably been worse, so United fans coming to tell us how terrible we are is just being stupid. They should tell that to a mirror.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 12:03pm On Mar 06, 2018
Spy360:
Lana1
Arsenal fans are not denying that the club has been poor since a while now. The point is Man Utd have probably been worse, so United fans coming to tell us how terrible we are is just being stupid. They should tell that to a mirror.
Ok. Arsenal fans logic....
"We have finished above United for the past few years. So United is worse than Arsenal".

But this season now that United is above and will finish above Arsenal, same Arsenal fans..
"United is worse than Arsenal. So telling us how terrible we are is just being stupid".

There is only one side talking stupid here. And it definitely isn't United fans...

6 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:42pm On Mar 06, 2018
Lana1:
Ok. Arsenal fans logic....
"We have finished above United for the past few years. So United is worse than Arsenal".

But this season now that United is above and will finish above Arsenal, same Arsenal fans..
"United is worse than Arsenal. So telling us how terrible we are is just being stupid".

There is only one side talking stupid here. And it definitely isn't United fans...
Don't twist my comment abeg.

I said for the past few seasons, United has been worse than Arsenal. So doing better this season does not warrant the rant. Besides, unless you win a trophy there isn't any difference really. Only trophies are remembered, and Arsenal has won trophies within the past four seasons.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:36pm On Mar 06, 2018
Spy360:

I said for the past few seasons, United has been worse than Arsenal. So doing better this season does not warrant the rant. Besides, unless you win a trophy there isn't any difference really. Only trophies are remembered, and Arsenal has won trophies within the past four seasons.
bro you get wahala sha, let them troll and be happy they are finishing ahead of this poor Arsenal,its a matter of time they will count 30 years without PL trophy,no matter what they spend or players they get, 4 years and counting...its a matter of time..

Meanwhile, heard debauchy has scored 2 in his new club and nominated for club player of the month,coq also scored at Valencia... another prove Wenger is killing careers

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:48pm On Mar 06, 2018
Fkhalifa:
bro you get wahala sha, let them troll and be happy they are finishing ahead of this poor Arsenal,its a matter of time they will count 30 years without PL trophy,no matter what they spend or players they get, 4 years and counting...its a matter of time..

Meanwhile, heard debauchy has scored 2 in his new club and nominated for club player of the month,coq also scored at Valencia... another prove Wenger is killing careers
Reports say that Everton wants Arsene Wenger. Sorry for them.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 6:01pm On Mar 06, 2018
Spy360:

United won more trophies than your team last year
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 7:40pm On Mar 06, 2018
Spy360:

Like i said u can use 4 seasons since it suits ur narrative.
United has won same number of trophies as Arsenal in the last 5 seasons(which is a more suitable sample space than 4 seasons,). We've won more in the same period if we remove community shields.
We won more trophies than u last season, the season b4 that and in 12/13. Thats United winning more than Arsenal in 3 seasons out if 5. But lets not remember that since its only the trophies Arsenal ve won in the last 4 seasons that matters to you and United cant be better because we finished above United FC!!

And as for that noob that carries United on his head more than his own team, keep chatting shît. If we count 5 years before now, we'll see United as one of the league champions. Ur own team hasn't won now for 12 years going to 13.
But keep counting down to 30.

Ur own useless team is closer to 30 years than United but that's none of my business...

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 7:44pm On Mar 06, 2018
Useless team. 4 straight defeats. Keep rotting in 6th.

At least United went on an unbeaten run and actually got to 5th once in our own 6th run.

But...but Arsenal is better because We finished ahead of United FC

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:21am On Mar 07, 2018
Lana1:

At least United went on an unbeaten run and actually got to 5th once in our own 6th run.

Arsenal and United are like spoilt eggs in the same basket. But United are worse off considering how much have been spent within the last four years, make that five to suit your sample space.

Talking about who is more probable to win the league in the next five, it should be United because they are still expected to keep spending. Just that when we come to analyze it then, some of you will keep referring to ten seasons ago.

Your case is worse.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:33am On Mar 07, 2018
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chuckdee4(m): 10:15am On Mar 07, 2018
Lana1:

For all your trolling surely you can't say this with a straight face
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Outofsync(m): 2:53pm On Mar 07, 2018
Lana1:

So becoming 5th due to a series of 1 -1's is now an achievement for Manchester United fans.

You lots are clueless o grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Outofsync(m): 2:54pm On Mar 07, 2018
Someone please tell me. Lacazette would have recovered enough to play tommorow...
please...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 3:49pm On Mar 07, 2018
chuckdee4:

For all your trolling surely you can't say this with a straight face
Well i didn't say i was happy we finished 6th. Just pointing out that u people ve been 6th for like 7 months now.

U're actually closer to 7th than the top 4!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 3:50pm On Mar 07, 2018
Outofsync:

So becoming 5th due to a series of 1 -1's is now an achievement for Manchester United fans.

You lots are clueless o grin
So we finished above United FC is now an achievement?? U lots are actually retârded o.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 3:51pm On Mar 07, 2018
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:20am On Mar 08, 2018
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:29am On Mar 08, 2018
Lana1:
So we finished above United FC is now an achievement?? U lots are actually retârded o.
Its an achievement if you raise it as an issue.

Its an achievement if you compare yourself to us.

Its an achievement if you come here to troll.

A club that spends the most should be worried about winning the league and FFS the UCL too.

Leave Arsenal alone, go and compete with your noisy neighbors.

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 12:01pm On Mar 08, 2018
Spy360:

A club that spends the most should be worried about winning the league and FFS the UCL too.

Even the Totteham you were competing with has left you behind with a much lower budget.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 12:11pm On Mar 08, 2018
Spy360:

Just look at. Throughout last season when faggôts like you and olodoprodigy camped on our thread to troll constantly u didn't know to leave United alone. Now u're complaining.

Bros all those things are achievements because it is what u Arsenal fans know how to celebrate the most. St Tottenringham's day. We finished above United.

Arsenal has the fourth highest wage bill in England and just broke their own transfer record on a striker twice in 6 months...but i guess u people are more worried about competing for 6th and Europa league.

Shior. Bros enjoy ur new found status as the most useless top 6 team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:20pm On Mar 08, 2018
eph12:

Even the Totteham you were competing with has left you behind with a much lower budget.
left where...how many trophies have they win since last year, who are these people sef dont you think b4 trolling

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:23pm On Mar 08, 2018
Lana1:
Just look at. Throughout last season when faggôts like you and olodoprodigy camped on our thread to troll constantly u didn't know to leave United alone. Now u're complaining.

Bros all those things are achievements because it is what u Arsenal fans know how to celebrate the most. St Tottenringham's day. We finished above United.

Arsenal has the fourth highest wage bill in England and just broke their own transfer record on a striker twice in 6 months...but i guess u people are more worried about competing for 6th and Europa league.

Shior. Bros enjoy ur new found status as the most useless top 6 team.
thank you bros
enjoy your we won the transfer window, we are finishing 2nd behind our noisy neighbor, we bought the piano man....
i hope we park the bus fc will win a silverware this season, the useless club has one already
peace!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 12:24pm On Mar 08, 2018
sod09:
left where...how many trophies have they win since last year, who are these people sef dont you think b4 trolling
They are competing for major trophies, they wouldn't be bothered with some dustbin trophies.

You remember that "we made top 4" trophy you guys lost? They have it now

(1) (2) (3) ... (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.