Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,754 members, 7,840,941 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2344300 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3406) (3407) (3408) (3409) (3410) (3411) (3412) ... (3541) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:52pm On Mar 20
iamoyindamola:

Kinda we were on his case last summer until we sign timber
Oh... I really didn't know much about him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:41pm On Mar 20
@SamWallaceTel
on Ben White’s falling out with Steve Holland:

"It was described by sources as having begun when Holland asked Kyle Walker a question relating to Manchester City’s performance in the previous season."

"When he asked the same of White relating to Arsenal, the 26-year-old said that he did not know the answer. It is claimed Holland responded by saying that was because White was not sufficiently interested in football. It was that moment that ultimately led to the player asking to come home on Nov 30."

"At the heart of the problem appears to be a question of the respect accorded to the player. White was not in the first-choice XI in that tournament, although that is not understood to have been the key reason for the unhappiness on his part."
@TeleFootbal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:29am On Mar 21
Albert Stuivenberg has declined the opportunity for his first real managerial role at Ajax, saying he had unfinished business to achieve with Arteta & Arsenal. Ajax will be back in for him this summer (@PhilosophyTBG)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:03am On Mar 21
mostob:
@SamWallaceTel
on Ben White’s falling out with Steve Holland:

"It was described by sources as having begun when Holland asked Kyle Walker a question relating to Manchester City’s performance in the previous season."

"When he asked the same of White relating to Arsenal, the 26-year-old said that he did not know the answer. It is claimed Holland responded by saying that was because White was not sufficiently interested in football. It was that moment that ultimately led to the player asking to come home on Nov 30."

"At the heart of the problem appears to be a question of the respect accorded to the player. White was not in the first-choice XI in that tournament, although that is not understood to have been the key reason for the unhappiness on his part."
@TeleFootbal

Why does the England coach need to ask about Arsenal or Man City's seasons?

Shebi the national team coaching crew have enough Tax payers' money to travel all around the country to watch their national team players play all through the season? Whatever answer he was seeking he could've found out himself while watching the respective clubs play all through the season.

They should just leave White alone abeg! If person say he no wan dey discuss football, is it by force?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:24pm On Mar 21
BlueRayDick:

Why does the England coach need to ask about Arsenal or Man City's seasons?

Shebi the national team coaching crew have enough Tax payers' money to travel all around the country to watch their national team players play all through the season? Whatever answer he was seeking he could've found out himself while watching the respective clubs play all through the season.

They should just leave White alone abeg! If person say he no wan dey discuss football, is it by force?
I tire o. I like as White ignore them. Man has got some cojones. England would probably come home with nothing from the Euro.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:27pm On Mar 21
mostob:
I tire o. I like as White ignore them. Man has got some cojones. England would probably come home with nothing from the Euro.

U know the funny thing, I'm sure when White finally retires from professional football and tells his story on podcasts or interviews; most of these people calling for his head will now be feeling sorry.

He will probably have his side of story to tell. Like u said, I also like how he's ignoring them and focusing on playing well on the pitch.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:51pm On Mar 21
Takehiro Tomiyasu & Thomas Partey will BOTH be involved for Arsenal in a behind-closed-doors friendly against QPR today #afc #arsenalfanaticsnews
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:51pm On Mar 21
BlueRayDick:

U know the funny thing, I'm sure when White finally retires from professional football and tells his story on podcasts or interviews; most of these people calling for his head will now be feeling sorry.

He will probably have his side of story to tell. Like u said, I also like how he's ignoring them and focusing on playing well on the pitch.
Well...it is their loss sha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:45pm On Mar 21
Takehiro Tomiyasu and Thomas Partey featured for an Arsenal U21s team today during a 4-0 defeat in a behind closed doors friendly at QPR. Important minutes for both as they build up their fitness after injury.

Arsenal XI vs QPR: Ejeheri (Rojas), Nichols (Dudziak), Robinson, Foran, Tomiyasu (Quesada-Thorn), Partey (Kabia), Lewis-Skelly, Gower (Bandeira), Cozier-Duberry (Oulad M’Hand), Butler-Oyedeji, Kamara (Rosiak).
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:54pm On Mar 21
mostob:
Takehiro Tomiyasu and Thomas Partey featured for an Arsenal U21s team today during a 4-0 defeat in a behind closed doors friendly at QPR. Important minutes for both as they build up their fitness after injury.

Arsenal XI vs QPR: Ejeheri (Rojas), Nichols (Dudziak), Robinson, Foran, Tomiyasu (Quesada-Thorn), Partey (Kabia), Lewis-Skelly, Gower (Bandeira), Cozier-Duberry (Oulad M’Hand), Butler-Oyedeji, Kamara (Rosiak).
I no they like all these mumu friendlies
Is it that we just jog around and let them score us
We no they ever win hide and seek match(behind close door)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:05pm On Mar 21
cc blueraydick This is more detailed.
According to the verified Twitter big account Con Harrison @ ConMarbleHalls.. “Now it’s being reported elsewhere, i guess i can elaborate on it now. It was a defenders meeting during the World Cup in Qatar where Holland was asking Man City pair Stones and Walker about the style in which they decide what patterns to play depending on the press. To which they explained briefly. Others were asked from different clubs but didn’t have the answers. When Holland got to Ben White, White’s answer was that he wasn’t sure. To which Holland replied “Of course u wouldn’t know, you’re too worried about other things rather than football”. Was a very awkward exchange after which other players felt uncomfortable about it. Notably, Connor Coady felt the comment was harsh and has since come out to defend Ben White and his personality due to speculations he didn’t fit in with the squad.”
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:08pm On Mar 21
iamoyindamola:

I no they like all these mumu friendlies
Is it that we just jog around and let them score us
We no they ever win hide and seek match(behind close door)
I think it is for the academy sha.... Partey and Tomi probably played for fitness sake. The QPR we played na first team go full that squad.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:15pm On Mar 21
mostob:
cc blueraydick
This is more detailed.

According to the verified Twitter big account Con Harrison @
ConMarbleHalls..
“Now it’s being reported elsewhere, i guess i can elaborate on it now. It
was a defenders meeting during the World Cup in Qatar where Holland was
asking Man City pair Stones and Walker about the style in which they
decide what patterns to play depending on the press. To which they
explained briefly.
Others were asked from different clubs but didn’t have the answers.
When Holland got to Ben White, White’s answer was that he wasn’t sure.
To which Holland replied “Of course u wouldn’t know, you’re too worried
about other things rather than football”.
Was a very awkward exchange after which other players felt
uncomfortable about it.
Notably, Connor Coady felt the comment was harsh and has since come out
to defend Ben White and his personality due to speculations he didn’t fit in
with the squad.”

Can u just imagine the nonsense . 🤦‍♂️

Instead of them coming out to clarify the issue, they allow white to be unjustly vilified in the media . Smh

I knew there was somoething off about ghe whole story being circulated in the media
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:29pm On Mar 21
Jakub Kiwior: “When I came to the training camp I met Wojtek [Szczęsny] and he was telling me: ”Win, it, Win it!!
He told me that he can't watch the Arsenal games because it stresses him out too much and makes him nervous.”
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:30pm On Mar 21
BlueRayDick:

Can u just imagine the nonsense .

Instead of them coming out to clarify the issue, they allow white to be unjustly vilified in the media . Smh

I knew there was somoething off about ghe whole story being circulated in the media
They made him look like the bad egg. We the Arsenal fans were even thinking he had an attitude issue.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:41pm On Mar 21
mostob:
I think it is for the academy sha.... Partey and Tomi probably played for fitness sake. The QPR we played na first team go full that squad.
I know right

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 6:43pm On Mar 21
mostob:
They made him look like the bad egg. We the Arsenal fans were even thinking he had an attitude issue.
That's true, Personally it was at that moment that I started wandering what might happen when Arteta starts dropping him in bench. Guess I was wrong just like a lot out there just because they wanted to cover up.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 6:45pm On Mar 21
Seems like Saka have left the England camp. cool grin
Nothing serious I hope.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by IZUKWU(m): 7:19pm On Mar 21
germaphobe:
Nothing serious I hope.
I read it too

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:32pm On Mar 21
germaphobe:
Nothing serious I hope.

I understand he arrived camp with a minor muscle related discomfort. They are intentional in not giving out specifics either. But I doubt it is anything serious. This feels more precautionary than anything.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:34pm On Mar 21
Exclusive on the Declan Rice to Arsenal deal.

Edu was a guest speaker at a recent seminar on "The Business of football " being recently given an award as Best Director.

In the Q and A section Edu was asked about the complicated workings of the Declan Rice deal. He went on to explain how the Rice deal so far hasn't impacted the financial power of Arsenal Football Club .

£35 Million in three payments over three Calender years .

Year One - Paid for by outgoing sales Balogun, Xhaka and others ....

Year Two - Paid by the bump in Declan Rice shirt sales and Red Membership sign ups .

Year Three - covered by Commercial success with Champions League football prize money .

With a further commercial growth and player sales expected this summer Arsenal will be very active come 2024 .

#arsenalfanaticsnews
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:20am On Mar 22
Am I the only one who's tired of seeing on social media random Videos of Ozil in the gym bulking up ?

Like , when this guy played for arsenal in one of the most physical league in the world he didn't do any bulking up even it was obvious he needed it. Now he's suddenly decided he wants to be Adama Traore regen . 😏
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:40am On Mar 22
BlueRayDick:
Am I the only one who's tired of seeing on social media random Videos of Ozil in the gym bulking up ?

Like , when this guy played for arsenal in one of the most physical league in the world he didn't do any bulking up even it was obvious he needed it. Now he's suddenly decided he wants to be Adama Traore regen . 😏
Na why I no bother bringing it here
Him they mad maybe he wan sign-up for bouncer or wrestling
Naso Torres sef go build up, maybe Kai or Palmer will follow suit when they retire
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:57am On Mar 22
iamoyindamola:

Na why I no bother bringing it here
Him they mad maybe he wan sign-up for bouncer or wrestling
Naso Torres sef go build up, maybe Kai or Palmer will follow suit when they retire

Smh. Medicine after death.

The thing just dey vex me
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:14pm On Mar 22
mostob:
Exclusive on the Declan Rice to Arsenal deal.

Edu was a guest speaker at a recent seminar on "The Business of football " being recently given an award as Best Director.

In the Q and A section Edu was asked about the complicated workings of the Declan Rice deal. He went on to explain how the Rice deal so far hasn't impacted the financial power of Arsenal Football Club .

£35 Million in three payments over three Calender years .

Year One - Paid for by outgoing sales Balogun, Xhaka and others ....

Year Two - Paid by the bump in Declan Rice shirt sales and Red Membership sign ups .

Year Three - covered by Commercial success with Champions League football prize money .

With a further commercial growth and player sales expected this summer Arsenal will be very active come 2024 .

#arsenalfanaticsnews
Too much sense from Edu.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:06pm On Mar 22
Spy360:
Too much sense from Edu.
I'm telling you
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:06pm On Mar 22
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:24pm On Mar 22
James McNicholas on Ben White: “The truth is, he’s been injured for much of this season. He’s been carrying a knee problem, but he’s been playing anyway.

He is known within the dressing room to be one of the toughest guys out there. There was an away game at Newcastle in his first season where he played with a pretty significant hamstring tear. I think his teammates marvelled at it; he was basically on one leg, but Arsenal were short of defenders, and he was prepared to play strapped up.

It’s almost at a point where staff have to watch Ben carefully because he doesn’t actually like to communicate to them when he has a problem.

He wants to play whatever the circumstances. Arteta said earlier in the season that they spotted something with Ben in training and they had to rest him because he wasn’t going to tell them himself.” [via The Athletic]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:41am On Mar 23
mostob:
James McNicholas on Ben White: “The truth is, he’s been injured for much of this season. He’s been carrying a knee problem, but he’s been playing anyway.

He is known within the dressing room to be one of the toughest guys out there. There was an away game at Newcastle in his first season where he played with a pretty significant hamstring tear. I think his teammates marvelled at it; he was basically on one leg, but Arsenal were short of defenders, and he was prepared to play strapped up.

It’s almost at a point where staff have to watch Ben carefully because he doesn’t actually like to communicate to them when he has a problem.

He wants to play whatever the circumstances. Arteta said earlier in the season that they spotted something with Ben in training and they had to rest him because he wasn’t going to tell them himself.” [via The Athletic]
England know how to gather players and then dump them. So if someone chooses to dump them, they should move on. England pain out gain. We need White on full throttle against City. Etihad must fall.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:42am On Mar 23
One thing that is giving me hope is this break. When ever Arteta goes on break, Arsenal goes on a run.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:03pm On Mar 23
The way City players have been dodging international matches eh... Heard Dias and Benardo have been excused from Portugal NT. Walker walked away with harmstring injury (yinmu)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:08am On Mar 24
Four Arsenal players confronted Arsene Wenger after huge stars sold to bitter rivals, reveals Jack Wilshere

Despite that, Wenger maintained Arsenal as a top four club, qualifying for the Champions League for nineteen consecutive seasons between 1998 and 2017.

However, Wilshere says that came at a price, explaining: “Being totally honest, as a group of players we knew that fighting for for the top four was our level.

“Manchester City had just come through, spent a load of money on the likes of Nasri and Adebayor. Manchester United were still there with Wayne Rooney, Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand.

"We knew that we were always going to fall short.

“It was difficult for me at that time to listen [to the Invincibles comparisons].

"That was going on, but there were never any conversations between players where we questioned why Arsene was coming out with lines like ‘top four is a trophy’.

“I remember celebrating top four as success. It was difficult for fans to understand that because of the Invincibles.

“I remember one of my first pre-seasons and it was the year that Adebayor left, Kolo left. We were in Austria.

"I wasn’t part of the conversations but Fabregas, Van Persie, Nasri, Gallas going to Arsene and asking: ‘What’s going on? Where are we going with the club?’

“During my time at Arsenal, there were always those questions – where is the Patrick Vieira? Where is the Thierry Henry? Where is the Tony Adams? Where are the leaders?

“Especially when we threatened to drop out of the top four, and rightly so. We could have done with someone to grab us in those tough moments.

“While we were losing big personalities, we did replace them. We still had quality players, but were we challenging for the league? Probably not.”

One of Wenger’s most controversial sales was Van Persie to rivals Manchester United in the summer of 2012 for around £30m – one that still stings the Arsenal fan base now.

Wilshere continued: “I was surprised that Wenger let Robin van Persie go. I was disappointed but, being completely honest, that is probably the trajectory that Arsenal were on at the time.

“Robin knew that we weren’t going to challenge for the Premier League title for a few years.

“The reaction from the fans was quite visceral and rightly so. It was understandable. It hurt and there were definitely conversations between players about what was actually going on at the club.

“The hurt surrounding Robin’s departure was more of a personal one, because we knew him so well. He was the captain. He was a good leader and he set high standards.

“As much as it hurt, he made the right choice, because he won the league that year.”

(1) (2) (3) ... (3406) (3407) (3408) (3409) (3410) (3411) (3412) ... (3541) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: PendragonVII and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.