Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2313879 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3464) (3465) (3466) (3467) (3468) (3469) (3470) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:53am On Apr 23
mostob:
That's one thing Trossard has ahead of Martinelli and Jesus. Too much gragra no dey score goal. At times, you go use brain.

How do you see our match tonight? Heard Palmer didn't train yesterday because he was ill.
Trossard is clear that why I didn’t include it alongside Martinelli in my earlier post, Jesus is another case entirely jawee

Today match will be like every other derby between both clubs at the Emirates, with or without Palmer bro, I’m certain of winning, although with Palmer we’re not guaranteed clean sheet.

I just hope Arteta go with our formation of Harvertz in CF, trossard should replace Martinelli on the left wing, Jorginho- Harvertz in the Midfield( these combo has been effective since the partnership), I’m already having pity on Omo Ologo cause dude is is exhausted and burnout plus the injury cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:54am On Apr 23
mostob:
We are not Chelsea bro. We don't just sign anyhow players.

Let Arteta handle his transfers.
Who is anyhow player
Gnonto or summerville?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:05am On Apr 23
BlueRayDick:

I am ready to bet with u 50k that none of them will sign him. Na "iroyin eleje" be the news .
Zidane will likely join Bayern while United is still considering Tuchel. There is even Mourinho and Hansi Flick who are currently out of job. Na De Zerbi these clubs will now go for? I doubt
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:07am On Apr 23
iamoyindamola:

Who is anyhow player
Gnonto or summerville?
Probably both. Maybe I should rephrase. Arteta doesn't sign players anyhow.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:10am On Apr 23
Shegzdave:

Trossard is clear that why I didn’t include it alongside Martinelli in my earlier post, Jesus is another case entirely jawee

Today match will be like every other derby between both clubs at the Emirates, with or without Palmer bro, I’m certain of winning, although with Palmer we’re not guaranteed clean sheet.

I just hope Arteta go with our formation of Harvertz in CF, trossard should replace Martinelli on the left wing, Jorginho- Harvertz in the Midfield( these combo has been effective since the partnership), I’m already having pity on Omo Ologo cause dude is is exhausted and burnout plus the injury cry
Well, I will have a midfield of Rice, Partey and Odegaard. Havertz at CF with Saka and Martinelli on the wing. Kiwior should keep his place.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:19am On Apr 23
Shegzdave:

Isak or Boniface abeg

Dunno why i prefer others to Isak sha. I guess presence in box is why. But if it ever comes down to choosing one between Isak, Vlah and Toney, Isak it is.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:22am On Apr 23
In the 1st leg, only Rice was alive till last minute. This one that there are complaints of fatigue among players now. Hope it won't impact tonight's game.

FA should find some new rule to make these fixtures less burdensome to continental glory. English folks sometimes dey tire me. E.g, see the nonsense Neville was saying about the Forest tweet when Saha spelt it out for him well enough. Smh.

Well, we better make these guys feel the brunt of title contenders tonight.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by hensben(m): 10:29am On Apr 23
We really need to talk about Real Madrid, Barca, Juve and Man U corruption in their various leagues over the years, only seria A have the balls to punish Juve sometimes. #CanpainAgainstCorruptionInFootball.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:49am On Apr 23
Jurrien Timber: “I can’t wait, The boys have been texting me already, so it’s going to be fun.

“I think we’re doing really well. The last couple of weeks have been tough, obviously out of the Champions League, but we’re still in the mix [in the title race], we’re still there.

“I’m glad that I can be a part of it and let’s see what the last couple of weeks can bring. I hope something beautiful.”

Timber on his Goal: “I didn’t realise I was even scoring a goal, because I don’t score a lot, maybe that’s changed since my rehab – let’s see!

“But it felt amazing, it felt like everything we worked for in the eight months out.”

[Simon Collings]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:56am On Apr 23
daveP:

Dunno why i prefer others to Isak sha. I guess presence in box is why. But if it ever comes down to choosing one between Isak, Vlah and Toney, Isak it is.
Presence is not the problem. How many times do our wingers attempt to cross?

Our problem is we lack outlet (Martinelli has failed in this). A one-man squad capable of changing things on his own. Players in the mode of Mbappe, Vini, Sanchez... Isak offers these and clinically, he is decent too.

Another player we need is another dynamic midfielder (a KDB). Florian Wirtz is still my choice but his frame dey somehow and also Leverkusen won't let him go.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:59am On Apr 23
daveP:
In the 1st leg, only Rice was alive till last minute. This one that there are complaints of fatigue among players now. Hope it won't impact tonight's game.

FA should find some new rule to make these fixtures less burdensome to continental glory. English folks sometimes dey tire me. E.g, see the nonsense Neville was saying about the Forest tweet when Saha spelt it out for him well enough. Smh.

Well, we better make these guys feel the brunt of title contenders tonight.
Rotation!!!

If we look at it from one angle, Arteta doesn't like rotating or substituting tired players (Saka against Villa and Bayern)

From another angle, the subs are always not available and sometimes doesn't turn up. I dey hear Tomiyasu don get small knock. SMH
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:06am On Apr 23
mostob:
Presence is not the problem. How many times do our wingers attempt to cross?

Our problem is we lack outlet (Martinelli has failed in this). A one-man squad capable of changing things on his own. Players in the mode of Mbappe, Vini, Sanchez... Isak offers these and clinically, he is decent too.

Another player we need is another dynamic midfielder (a KDB). Florian Wirtz is still my choice but his frame dey somehow and also Leverkusen won't let him go.
Wingers can't cross if the presence is not there.

In 2012, i recall Drogba telling Ivanovic and co to cross once they see him running into the box. They did till it became the norm even if there was someone to pass to nearby. Kai playing false 9 is never present so before 1 cross come from GM or BS, they'll have done 100ground cross to the back of the defense line anticipating an Odegaard shooting.

GM and BS may rake up effortless Assists if presence that's dangerous in air is there. Compared to how they do currently. They both know how to cross which is funny that MA has not set up this to try. Infact it is annoying that they have to wait for MA to give the go ahead.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:09am On Apr 23
mostob:
Rotation!!!

If we look at it from one angle, Arteta doesn't like rotating or substituting tired players (Saka against Villa and Bayern)

From another angle, the subs are always not available and sometimes doesn't turn up. I dey hear Tomiyasu don get small knock. SMH

He had 4 seasons to sort out squad depth. That January lockup vex me gaaan. We use limited resources to do unbeaten in 2024. How much more sustained if we had depth. Mtchewww. He had the window to get those he trust. Kon they make those available be like u19.

Who else saw the clip of ESR eating a burger or something behind MA during wolves game? Bench cam.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:35am On Apr 23
daveP:

He had 4 seasons to sort out squad depth. That January lockup vex me gaaan. We use limited resources to do unbeaten in 2024. How much more sustained if we had depth. Mtchewww. He had the window to get those he trust. Kon they make those available be like u19.

Who else saw the clip of ESR eating a burger or something behind MA during wolves game? Bench cam.
It is not as easy as that. You forgot we had to let go of many players, negotiate contracts and regulate the players' wages. All these take time.

Also those who should be the backups are always dealing with injuries. Tomi, Timber, Partey, Vieira and Jesus have been in and out of hospital many times this season.

Finally, there is FFP issues too. And Arteta would not buy a player rather than buying the one he doesn't need or doesn't fit into his plans..

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:39am On Apr 23
daveP:
Wingers can't cross if the presence is not there.

In 2012, i recall Drogba telling Ivanovic and co to cross once they see him running into the box. They did till it became the norm even if there was someone to pass to nearby. Kai playing false 9 is never present so before 1 cross come from GM or BS, they'll have done 100ground cross to the back of the defense line anticipating an Odegaard shooting.

GM and BS may rake up effortless Assists if presence that's dangerous in air is there. Compared to how they do currently. They both know how to cross which is funny that MA has not set up this to try. Infact it is annoying that they have to wait for MA to give the go ahead.
Leave talk bro, our wingers no dey cross. This is not an issue I just noticed. It has been going on for a while. And when they cross, the cross sef go dey somehow.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:13pm On Apr 23
mostob:
Leave talk bro, our wingers no dey cross. This is not an issue I just noticed. It has been going on for a while. And when they cross, the cross sef go dey somehow.

Pattern of play affects that. If person dey you'll see them try to just find space to connect a head. Saka crosses well in training but na Ck duty hin dey🤣
We'll get there. Na cross and nod end 2/3 of our european campaign.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:14pm On Apr 23
mostob:
It is not as easy as that. You forgot we had to let go of many players, negotiate contracts and regulate the players' wages. All these take time.

Also those who should be the backups are always dealing with injuries. Tomi, Timber, Partey, Vieira and Jesus have been in and out of hospital many times this season.

Finally, there is FFP issues too. And Arteta would not buy a player rather than buying the one he doesn't need or doesn't fit into his plans..
well there's that. Just didn't look desperate to solve it. Now they're about to change the rules and tighten the noose
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:30pm On Apr 23
daveP:
well there's that. Just didn't look desperate to solve it. Now they're about to change the rules and tighten the noose
I wouldn't use 'desperate' sha...
BTW, which rule again?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 1:09pm On Apr 23
mostob:
Ramdeuter
You watch El classico? What would you say about that Vasquez penalty?

That was a scam. Vasquez scammed the ref but it's Madrid where they didn't even have goal line technology and no be today Madrid they scam opponents

No be today opponents dey collect fake red cards, dey concede offside goals to Madrid especially at Bernabeu
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 2:22pm On Apr 23
iamoyindamola:
wrong thread bro 😂😂

Arsenal matter don overturn our senior man.🤓
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:27pm On Apr 23
raumdeuter:

That was a scam. Vasquez scammed the ref but it's Madrid where they didn't even have goal line technology and no be today Madrid they scam opponents

No be today opponents dey collect fake red cards, dey concede offside goals to Madrid especially at Bernabeu
Good.... The ref was following the rules I guess when common sense should have been used. The Barca goal entered the net surely.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 2:57pm On Apr 23
mostob:
Good.... The ref was following the rules I guess when common sense should have been used. The Barca goal entered the net surely.

There was no rule that says an attacking player who drags his feet to initiate contact should be given a penalty. Its fraudulent
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:42pm On Apr 23
mostob:

Our pattern of play doesn't support indiscriminate crossing into the box.

The only kind of set piece we play is conerkick & Freekick and we are very good at it. Why do our wingers need to cross into the box in open play when there's nobody there to convert those crosses?

We don't cross indescriminately into the box and we have scored the most goals through set-piece this season. Why fix it when it is not damaged?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:05pm On Apr 23
The initial lineup I saw had Jorginho starting , then it was updated almost immediately with Partey starting instead

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 7:20pm On Apr 23
That midfield!!!!! Abeg Make Dem no Bleep up
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:39pm On Apr 23
No Cole Palmer.
Enzo, Caicedo and Gallagher in midfield. Disasi and Ibadi in midfield. Let's not spoil it abeg.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:07pm On Apr 23
No wasted balls when it concerns Trossard
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:18pm On Apr 23
I think saka is done already this season
He keeps making stupid decisions
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:19pm On Apr 23
Saka don start to dey play rubbish again. Smh
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:20pm On Apr 23
if we complain now, e go be like say we too get wahala. How did Jackson escape red for that tackle on Tomiyasu?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:21pm On Apr 23
Shegzdave:
No wasted balls when it concerns Trossard

A very efficient player when it comes to taking chances
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:23pm On Apr 23
Going into next season, these are the sort of positions and attacking situations I want to see Rice in. I feel like we have underutilized his attacking prowess this season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3464) (3465) (3466) (3467) (3468) (3469) (3470) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.