Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,325 members, 7,864,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:23 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2363494 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3528) (3529) (3530) (3531) (3532) (3533) (3534) ... (3551) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Sportsweb: 12:37pm On May 22
Average mentality of an Arsenal fan grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:38pm On May 22
Sportsweb:
Reach finals sir, maybe you would win a trophy after four years.

After blowing 700m+ and all those hypes and noise of dominating and you end back-to-back seasons without a trophy. Disgraced out off Carabao, FA Cup, Europa and got beaten by the worst Bayern Munich team of all time

When arsenal is mentioned, the word mediocrity is standing next to it.

Bros when has reaching finals become an achievement in life? I thought it's only Arsenal that celebrate second position. Leave the mediocrity for us, don't become a mediocre simply because you think Arsenal is.

After reaching 'finals' your coach got fired. grin

See genius club. grin You are now celebrating playing Carabao cup finals where you got disgraced by Liverpool academy kids. That's after spending £1billion in one transfer window. 😂

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:42pm On May 22
Sportsweb:
Average mentality of an Arsenal fan grin
That 6-0 trashing must have really torn your liver into shreds and exposed all the bile inside. Keep hating, we love you.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:54pm On May 22
BlueRayDick:

U get!

It is quality replacement that matters to me, not some unnecessary sentimental attachment to certain players.

Xhaka left Arsenal and we got a quality & worthy replacement in Rice; that's the kind of stuff I want to see. Not keeping an injury prone talented player with the fear that he may turn out to be Serge Gnabry or Kevin Debruyne in the future.
There are more than enough garbage in the team to throw out. Why ESR?

ESR is not worse than Nelson, Vieira, or Nketiah and certainly not Elneny or Cedric. His major problem is fitness and not lack of talent.

And just as we saw Havertz become what he is, I am pretty confident ESR can become our own KDB under one season with Arteta, he only needs to stay fit.

We can sell him now for another top midfielder I have no problem with that. But if we can, let's keep him. That is my opinion.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:15pm On May 22
Gabriel Jesus has undergone a medical procedure to "clean " his knee . The return timescale hasn't been released . He was determined to play the end of the season and chose Arsenal’s run in over playing for Brazil this summer . #arsenalfanaticsnews

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:15pm On May 22
Spy360:

ESR is not worse than Nelson, Vieira, or Nketiah and certainly not Elneny or Cedric. His major problem is fitness and not lack of talent.

And just as we saw Havertz become what he is, I am pretty confident ESR can become our own KDB under one season with Arteta, he only needs to stay fit.

We can sell him now for another top midfielder I have no problem with that. But if we can, let's keep him. That is my opinion.

The bold is what I am advocating. However, if we miraculously stumble on a young academy graduate in the mould of Man Utd's Mainoo, I won't still mind selling him.

As regards ur first paragraph, If u check my initial post jodera quoted I listed Nelson and Smith-Rowe as players I want sold. Smith-Rowe only became a talking point when Jodera inquired the reason why I listed Smith-Rowe. As for Elneny and Cedric, I don't even see them as arsenal players cos I know they are certainly leaving. I also have a feeling Nketiah will seek for permission to leave the club because he obviously can't be guaranteed regular starting role considering we will be buying a new striker .

I am willing to give Viera a chance to play in that Odegaard's role this coming season. So I think he should definitely stay
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:16pm On May 22
Ramsdale was asked at the team Hotel Sunday morning' as he Rice and Odegaard signed Autographs for the fans ' Are you leaving? Aaron replied " Thank you guys for everything " #ArsenalFanaticsNews
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:23pm On May 22
Spy360:

Your issue is you like to argue too much. Even when everybody is indirectly on the same page with you.
You see the bolded, that is exactly why we should let him go.
This KDB comparison sha....hmm
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:29pm On May 22
BlueRayDick:

The bold is what I am advocating. However, if we miraculously stumble on a young academy graduate in the mould of Man Utd's Mainoo, I won't still mind selling him.

As regards ur first paragraph, If u check my initial post jodera quoted I listed Nelson and Smith-Rowe as players I want sold. Smith-Rowe only became a talking point when Jodera inquired the reason why I listed Smith-Rowe. As for Elneny and Cedric, I don't even see them as arsenal players cos I know they are certainly leaving. I also have a feeling Nketiah will seek for permission to leave the club because he obviously can't be guaranteed regular starting role considering we will be buying a new striker .

I am willing to give Viera a chance to play in that Odegaard's role this coming season.
So I think he should definitely stay
Vieira has the same fitness issues you complained about ESR. The bolded is exactly where I am with ESR. So you cannot refute my opinion because it's now sounding like yours. And if I am to choose I'll choose ESR ahead of Vieira without blinking.

That said, Arteta will not likely sign more than three players this window considering that we have many coming back from loan and will be targeting mostly marquee signings. Now with Elneny and Cedric certain to leave, and probably Nketiah and Nelson, I don't think either of ESR or Vieira will leave too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:33pm On May 22
mostob:
Your issue is you like to argue too much. Even when everybody is indirectly on the same page with you.
You see the bolded, that is exactly why we should let him go.
This KDB comparison sha....hmm
You are the one arguing that was why I asked if you understood what I posted.

Also you are trickishly trying to drive the KDB comparison like I meant he is as good as KDB. Mtchew!

As for fitness issues, he is not the only one with problems. We have Vieira, Nelson etc with similar problems. So my question is why him?

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Sportsweb: 1:57pm On May 22
Spy360:

That 6-0 trashing must have really torn your liver into shreds and exposed all the bile inside. Keep hating, we love you.
this is the only 6-0 walloping I know.

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:58pm On May 22
Spy360:

Vieira has the same fitness issues you complained about ESR. The bolded is exactly where I am with ESR. So you cannot refute my opinion because it's now sounding like yours. And if I am to choose I'll choose ESR ahead of Vieira without blinking.

That said, Arteta will not likely sign more than three players this window considering that we have many coming back from loan and will be targeting mostly marquee signings. Now with Elneny and Cedric certain to leave, and probably Nketiah and Nelson, I don't think either of ESR or Vieira will leave too.

I hope u are not about to start one of ur merry-go-round arguments with me on this ESR matter cos me I no too get time for those kind arguments .

Yesterday I shared a screenshot of ESR’s injury history at Arsenal here . In 3 straight season he messed 30 or more games due to injury . In the last season he missed 21 games and in this recently concluded season he missed 10 games due to injury .

I have now attached Viera’s injury history to this post for comparison . Now tell me how ESR and Viera’s injury history are similar ?

All I’ve said is ; let Viera be given a chance to prove this season’s injury is a one-off thing . Let him be given a chance next season to deputize Odegaard in that role. As for ESR, his 5 years at Arsenal already confirmed he’s too injury prone to be depended on by an elite team like Arsenal .

Simple !

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Sportsweb: 1:58pm On May 22
Spy360:

Bros when has reaching finals become an achievement in life? I thought it's only Arsenal that celebrate second position. Leave the mediocrity for us, don't become a mediocre simply because you think Arsenal is.

After reaching 'finals' your coach got fired. grin

See genius club. grin You are now celebrating playing Carabao cup finals where you got disgraced by Liverpool academy kids. That's after spending £1billion in one transfer window. 😂
Nope, I'm celebrating UCL, CWC, Super Cup in the last four seasons, remind me what your new golden generation has won under Mikel.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Skimpledawg(m): 6:55pm On May 22
Jodera:

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Truly, to see correct men of God dey hard now embarassed
You are not alright grin cheesy grin

Wetin I come be? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:45pm On May 22
🚨🚨 | Bayern Munich finishing third means that Bayern Munich will NOT play the German super cup next season.

Another chance for Harry Kane to win a trophy has vanished.

Can I see him in tears? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 9:42pm On May 22
"Arsenal have been ranked NUMBER ONE as the most sustainable club across 59 leagues in the world, based on the stability of the squad, age structure and contract policy."

[@cies_football]

We've come a long way, not just on the pitch but outside it too. Massive growth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:01pm On May 22
daveP:

I will have no big ish cos from my POV, a CF that can trouble the top ucl giants and keep them on their toes, singlehandedly and collectively, is my target. Let that presence be there. Kai can't give that and GJ can't either. so if that balance can come, no p. Plus i am one that want to see the stats all around Odegaard mehn. He is a player that can do 40 G/A in a season and that's facts.
True talk

Watching that Bayern game I really saw your point. We needed that striker to take them head on especially that 2nd leg but Kai was too "weak". Omorr, na from that day I knew we needed a deadly dangerous person upfront who can trouble as well as scoring goals.

Watching Gyokeres, I feel he's that kinda person we need plus he doesn't seem too stingy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:02pm On May 22
Spy360:

They are interested in Pochentino

Kikikiki grin
I rate Poch over Ten Hag to be honest.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:03pm On May 22
Skimpledawg:

You are not alright grin cheesy grin

Wetin I come be? undecided
grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:07pm On May 22
Spy360, I understand your point but then I believe Blueray and Mostob points were very clear enough.

I didn't even know he was that injury prone not until Blueray showed me and the way we are going, we need everyone available.

What we just need is to get a very great player that can fill in his spot and turn great for us. Even if ESR turn Kdb elsewhere, good for him.

But we need to be ruthless
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:20pm On May 22
Jodera:
Spy360, I understand your point but then I believe Blueray and Mostob points were very clear enough.

I didn't even know he was that injury prone not until Blueray showed me and the way we are going, we need everyone available.

What we just need is to get a very great player that can fill in his spot and turn great for us. Even if ESR turn Kdb elsewhere, good for him.

But we need to be ruthless
Baba just like unnecessary arguments. See as he sharply brought in KDB. No be only KDB, na KFC you go see.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 11:32pm On May 22
I think spy is right with what he said too. I wouldn't want to see ESR leave but if the club thinks it's the right move for both him and the team then so be it. But there's no one who really watched him on his better days that won't mention KDB while talking about him. Spy didn't say he's KDB but what I think he meant to say or tried to pass across with his message is that the boy have better potentials like that of KDB (which is actually true).
The reason why he was out injured for most of the time was because of his groin injury, he was advised to go for surgery last season and then he's gradually being integrated back to the squad since full recovery and then he got a knee injury. His major setback years back was his constant groin injury which have been taken care of. He just need a full preseason with the boys and I believe he will be back, he's our #10 for a reason(though I would really love to see odegaard wear the #10)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:37pm On May 22
mostob:
Baba just like unnecessary arguments. See as he sharply brought in KDB. No be only KDB, na KFC you go see.
Lol, I think you're misunderstanding him too.

He's bringing in Kdb to just say that he might be like Kdb in the future so we shouldn't discard him. Perhaps he saying he has Kdb-like attributes or ceiling
He might be right or wrong but then nobody knows the future.

But what I do know is that we need players PRESENTLY to carry us to that next level. We no need to really dey carry players again

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 12:03am On May 23
Jodera:

Lol, I think you're misunderstanding him too.

He's bringing in Kdb to just say that he might be like Kdb in the future so we shouldn't discard him. Perhaps he saying he has Kdb-like attributes or ceiling
He might be right or wrong but then nobody knows the future.

But what I do know is that we need players PRESENTLY to carry us to that next level. We no need to really dey carry players again
You see Viera and Smith, they both have a place in Arteta's plan if you ask me. They are versatile and tactical players. And I'm sure ESR injury concern won't be a problem next year like the previous years.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:19am On May 23
Jodera:

True talk

Watching that Bayern game I really saw your point. We needed that striker to take them head on especially that 2nd leg but Kai was too "weak". Omorr, na from that day I knew we needed a deadly dangerous person upfront who can trouble as well as scoring goals.

Watching Gyokeres, I feel he's that kinda person we need plus he doesn't seem too stingy
See Lookman tonight vs Leverkusen?!! Kai can never do such to defenders, torturing them and making them too wary of where he is on the pitch. Same for Boniface, the way the guy moves towards final third and the stats will make you know that these are guys that will be a constant pain to any backline once ball dey dia leg.

My own na say 3 Victors dey to pick from. Gyo is the most likely pick, mostly due to VO price tag. We don't need a jeun jeun 9 to best this just concluded season. We need one that will start firing and everyone will start having to respect and fear our unpredictability. Ehen.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Vischy: 12:40am On May 23
🚨 𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚: Sead Kolašinac signed for Arsenal in 2017, making 80 Premier League appearances over five seasons. He never won a European trophy with the Gunners, losing to Chelsea in the 2019 Europa League final. At 30 years old, he's finally lifted his first-ever European trophy with Atalanta ✅🏆🤩

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:23am On May 23
germaphobe:

You see Viera and Smith, they both have a place in Arteta's plan if you ask me. They are versatile and tactical players. And I'm sure ESR injury concern won't be a problem next year like the previous years.
Hopefully ooo.
Fingers crossed cos I too like the boy.

But I believe if good money comes, they'll sell him this one that he's listed on our transfer list
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:26am On May 23
daveP:
See Lookman tonight vs Leverkusen?!! Kai can never do such to defenders, torturing them and making them too wary of where he is on the pitch. Same for Boniface, the way the guy moves towards final third and the stats will make you know that these are guys that will be a constant pain to any backline once ball dey dia leg.

My own na say 3 Victors dey to pick from. Gyo is the most likely pick, mostly due to VO price tag. We don't need a jeun jeun 9 to best this just concluded season. We need one that will start firing and everyone will start having to respect and fear our unpredictability. Ehen.
Lol..
I never watch Boniface sha but does he looks like someone that disturbs?

His game ystdy doesn't strike me as one
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:26am On May 23
Vischy:
🚨 𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚: Sead Kolašinac signed for Arsenal in 2017, making 80 Premier League appearances over five seasons. He never won a European trophy with the Gunners, losing to Chelsea in the 2019 Europa League final. At 30 years old, he's finally lifted his first-ever European trophy with Atalanta ✅🏆🤩
Oh... Wow.

Niceeee

Congratulations to him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 8:38am On May 23
Jodera:

Hopefully ooo.
Fingers crossed cos I too like the boy.

But I believe if good money comes, they'll sell him this one that he's listed on our transfer list
Transfer speculations are normal, I can remember Belerin being associated with Barca and moving from arsenal right from his first season down to the season he finally left, same with Bernardo silver at man city. But if the should sell him, then we will need a better upgrade.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:10am On May 23
germaphobe:

You are sure bawo ?😳
Even the coach and his medical team won’t be sure ESR won’t get injured again.

A player that has consistently gotten injured with various injuries ranging from Shoulder injury, groin injury , hamstring injury ,knee injury , ankle injury , etc over the last 5 years …. That’s the player u are vouching for that his injury concern will not be a problem next year ?

Baba , na so Diaby spend 10 years for Arsenal and didn’t play up to 200 games o.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 9:24am On May 23
BlueRayDick:

You are sure bawo ?😳
Even the coach and his medical team won’t be sure ESR won’t get injured again.

A player that has consistently gotten injured with various injuries ranging from Shoulder injury, groin injury , hamstring injury ,knee injury , ankle injury , etc over the last 5 years …. That’s the player u are vouching for that his injury concern will not be a problem next year ?

Baba , na so Diaby spend 10 years for Arsenal and didn’t play up to 200 games o.
His main injury concern was the groin problem which have been taken care of, na to manage him properly. Hmm BRD(shey u no get problem with the initials for ya Monika?) It's really hard defending his injury issues but I just love the boy and wish him to stay. His injury shouldn't be much of a problem again

(1) (2) (3) ... (3528) (3529) (3530) (3531) (3532) (3533) (3534) ... (3551) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.