Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,163 members, 7,845,824 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2347502 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (3543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 16, 2015
pickabeau1:

Corrected

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 10:50am On Jan 16, 2015
naijababe:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I am tired of 70 minutes substitutions
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 16, 2015
pickabeau1:

I am tired of 70 misubstitutions

You can tell how long some fans have been supporting Arsenal, those who started under Arsene just after our first double have some morbid attachment to the man and those who started during the invincibles era want that feat replicated and they have been calling for his head for the last 4 years.

The rest of us gave him a chance until 2013 when it became apparent that he had completely lost the plot, it took Man U thumping us 8-2 for the man to come to his senses and what did he do, he bought scraps hours before the close of the transfer window! He will never change unfortunately, football has evolved past his methods. Everybody don sabi hin joker, make the man waka abeg!!! angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2015
naijababe:

You can tell how long some fans have been supporting Arsenal, those who started under Arsene just after our first double have some morbid attachment to the man and those who started during the invincibles era want that feat replicated and they have been calling for his head for the last 4 years.

The rest of us gave him a chance until 2013 when it became apparent that he had completely lost the plot, it took Man U thumping us 8-2 for the man to come to his senses and what did he do, he bought scraps hours before the close of the transfer window! He will never change unfortunately, football has evolved past his methods. Everybody don sabi hin joker, make the man waka abeg!!! angry angry angry

I saw the light when the team could not even win Carling Cup aganst b'ham - a team that was relegated that year
He has lost touch with modern footballing techniques and reality

All teams know his methods now..

He has sacrificed his love for pace and power for eyepleasing wishy washy pass pass footie
Chelsea now plays like the Arsenal of old - A DM with power,a forward with guile and a forward with pace

read for Vieira - Matic
Bergkamp - Cesc
Henry - Hazard
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 16, 2015
pickabeau1:

read for Vieira - Matic
Bergkamp - Cesc
Henry - Hazard

I think this
Parlour - Cesc
Bergkamp - Hazard
Henry - Costa
Agree with Matic/Viera comparison.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 16, 2015
I miss Gilberto Silva cry What would it take Arsene to find a DM like that?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 1:15pm On Jan 16, 2015
naijababe:

I think this
Parlour - Cesc
Bergkamp - Hazard
Henry - Costa
Agree with Matic/Viera comparison.

Its alright also
The thing is that they showed guile, pace and power
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 2:49pm On Jan 16, 2015
Arsene Wenger's collecting of Europe's best teenage talent continues.

Viktoria Plzen's 15-year-old striker Martin Graiciar reveals on Facebook that he is heading to London to for a medical.

The Gunners apparently beat competition from Real Madrid to sign the youngster.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 16, 2015
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 16, 2015
dayo999:
Is he signing the players for the next manager?

grin grin grin grin grin grin Very pertinent question.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 3:14pm On Jan 16, 2015
He is signing for the next manager
Yes
However that next manager is still HIM

Arsen e al

Wenger Till 2025
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 4:51pm On Jan 16, 2015
pickabeau1:

read for Vieira - Matic
Bergkamp - Cesc
Henry - Hazard

Matic in two life times can never lace Vieira's boots - these comparisons are way off base.

Wenger has left guile and pace eh? One would think it was George Graham that signed Alexis or tried to sign Suarez.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 5:11pm On Jan 16, 2015
debosky:

Matic in two life times can never lace Vieira's boots - these comparisons are way off base.

Wenger has left guile and pace eh? One would think it was George Graham that signed Alexis or tried to sign Suarez.

Matic is not Vieira now
If he is lucky with injuries and consistent, he has the potential to make the 4 spot his and be renowned for it

there is a measure of guile and pace with Sanchez yes but no power like the Invincibles

Even you cant push that grin grin

Look at that team

Pires
Henry
Pato
Ljungberg
Ray P
Bergkamp
Kanu

Look at the class of 2014...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:35pm On Jan 16, 2015
BABA GOD BLESSINGS NO GO PASS YOU BY

E GO BLESS YOU SOTEY DEM GO ASK YOU WHY

ALL THE BAD BELLE PEEPU DEM GO PASS YOU BY

BECAUSE BABA GOD NO LET YOU DIE EEH

E GO LET YOU FLY

OVER THE OBSTACLES YOU DEY FACE SOMETIMES EH

YOU JUST HAVE TO TRY

SO BABA GOD NO GO LET YOU DOWN EEEEEH

NVM
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:49pm On Jan 16, 2015
^^ Oritsebuntu in the house grin grin grin grin

E be like say shekpe/Orijin/Opa Eyin don begin circulate for your system abi? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:58pm On Jan 16, 2015
pickabeau1:

there is a measure of guile and pace with Sanchez yes but no power like the Invincibles

Even you cant push that grin grin

Look at that team

Pires
Henry
Pato
Ljungberg
Ray P
Bergkamp
Kanu

Look at the class of 2014...

Na you dey do comparison not me. I'm not looking for 'the team of 2004'. All I want is a team that can be competitive considering today's realities given the resources available to Arsenal Football Club.

You're in dreamland if you think there will ever be a repeat of the time when Arsenal picked up three players of the calibre of Henry, Bergkamp and Vieira for peanuts because they were disillusioned in Italy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2015
debosky:

Na you dey do comparison not me. I'm not looking for 'the team of 2004'. All I want is a team that can be competitive considering today's realities given the resources available to Arsenal Football Club.

You're in dreamland if you think there will ever be a repeat of the time when Arsenal picked up three players of the calibre of Henry, Bergkamp and Vieira for peanuts because they were disillusioned in Italy.

OK..

So is this team competitive

How come this team has seemingly strengthened yet is worse off than the same time last year

Do you think Wenger is still the man for the club
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 6:47pm On Jan 16, 2015
pickabeau1:

OK..

So is this team competitive

How come this team has seemingly strengthened yet is worse off than the same time last year

Do you think Wenger is still the man for the club

No two seasons are the same, but it doesn't take a sooth sayer to see that injuries in general have robbed the first team of the consistency they had up to this point last year. It's also no surprise that the top team with the fewest injuries happens to be leading the pack right now.

Whether Wenger is the man for the club is the wrong question - the club as a whole/its owner needs to state its aims and aspirations and then assess the manager's performance against them.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 6:50pm On Jan 16, 2015
Wenger guarantee's profit, Kroenke is a business man and not a football fan, he and the board won't sack Wenger.

Wenger himself is a greedy arrogant fox, for a man who hates spending money on quality players, he has no problem with the club paying him a staggering 8milla per annum, while managers of teams with expensive squads earns lower. Wenger won't leave Arsenal anytime soon, he made it clear that he wasn't elected by the fans,and can't be bothered by their criticisms.

He is only answerable to the board, and since the board are bunch of business men interested only in profits, a thing Wenger always deliver,they wont be sacking him anytime soon.

Wenger is a parasite,Arsenal Fc is the host.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2015
debosky:

No two seasons are the same, but it doesn't take a sooth sayer to see that injuries in general have robbed the first team of the consistency they had up to this point last year. It's also no surprise that the top team with the fewest injuries happens to be leading the pack right now.

Whether Wenger is the man for the club is the wrong question - the club as a whole/its owner needs to state its aims and aspirations and then assess the manager's performance against them.

Political as ever.. grin
While your first statement is true however the continuous presence of defensive naiveté and poor organization/shape shown over the last five years pokes a hole in it.

Second statement.. True
He has been successful for d club
The targets are clear

Top 4
Decent cup run
He achieves it

e
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 6:55pm On Jan 16, 2015
pazienza:
Wenger guarantee's profit, Kroenke is a business man and not a football fan, he and the board won't sack Wenger.

Wenger himself is a greedy arrogant fox, for a man who hates spending money on quality players, he has no problem with the club paying him a staggerim 8milla per annum, while managers of teams with expensive squads earns lower. Wenger won't leave Arsenal anytime soon, he made it clear that he wasn't

You are not off point
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 7:13pm On Jan 16, 2015
pazienza:

Wenger himself is a greedy arrogant fox, for a man who hates spending money on quality players, he has no problem with the club paying him a staggering 8milla per annum, while managers of teams with expensive squads earns lower. Wenger won't leave Arsenal anytime soon, he made it clear that he wasn't elected by the fans,and can't be bothered by their criticisms.

If the above is true, who signed Ozil for £42m and Alexis for £35m? Who signed Santi Cazorla?

Besides, which football coach is 'elected' by the fans?

Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 7:30pm On Jan 16, 2015
debosky:

If the above is true, who signed Ozil for £42m and Alexis for £35m? Who signed Santi Cazorla?

Besides, which football coach is 'elected' by the fans?

Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Ozil was a panic buy after the loss to Aston villa. It wasn't like he was exactly what Arsenal needed, he just happened to be available at a time the fans were calling for wenger's head. If he wasn't unsettled at Madrid by Isco's arrival, Arsenal wouldn't have gotten him. What we needed that season was a world class striker and DM. Wenger ignored our need and was set into panic buy by Aston Villa.

With Ozil,Arsenal finished 4th,without him the previous season,we still finished 4th.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:31pm On Jan 16, 2015
pickabeau1:

I saw the light when the team could not even win Carling Cup aganst b'ham - a team that was relegated that year
He has lost touch with modern footballing techniques and reality

All teams know his methods now..

He has sacrificed his love for pace and power for eyepleasing wishy washy pass pass footie
Chelsea now plays like the Arsenal of old - A DM with power,a forward with guile and a forward with pace

read for Vieira - Matic
Bergkamp - Cesc
Henry - Hazard

You are despicably wrong. What Arsene changed was his formation from two DMs and two forwards to one for each position. Again your comparisons do not match apart from Matic-Vieira.
Check through EPL you will see Arsene's handwork and that includes Chesea's Cesc, Man Utd's van Persie and Man City's Nasri.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Danhumprey: 7:45pm On Jan 16, 2015
dayo999:
Is he signing the players for the next manager?
Arsene Wenger is a big joker!gringringringrin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 7:48pm On Jan 16, 2015
Spy360:

You are despicably wrong. What Arsene changed was his formation from two DMs and two forwards to one for each position. Again your comparisons do not match apart from Matic-Vieira.
Check through EPL you will see Arsene's handwork and that includes Chesea's Cesc, Man Utd's van Persie and Man City's Nasri.

So what is despicable wrong in my post..huh

You just want to oppose and made no riposte about my statement on pace and power

Wenger brought Nasri from Marseille..yes
What was the point
He's a great developer or scout?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 16, 2015
pickabeau1:

So what is despicable wrong in my post..huh

You just want to oppose and made no riposte about my statement on pace and power

Wenger brought Nasri from Marseille..yes
What was the point
He's a great developer or scout?

Yes! grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 7:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
naijababe:

Yes! grin

I don't understand these wengerpologists

They whine everyday yet go to collect more pain watching the impotent football served up every matchday

2 DMs..i laugh in incredulity
Wenger has not had a DM since pato left

The closest thing to it was flamini in his first incarnation and then song who he told after one good season to still play as an advanced CM

He just tinkers and tinkers...

Why I don't know...

Arteta Plus flamini equals half of vieira

The closest guy now to him is yaya
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 8:01pm On Jan 16, 2015
Arrgh!! My second long reply to debosky just got deleted, i cnt just start retyping that again.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:01pm On Jan 16, 2015
Obviously Pickabeau and Naijababe are recent members of The Arsenal Supporters' Trust. For those of us who are long time members like Debosky and yours truely, understand that within the available resources at his disposal, Mr Wenger has shown remarkable consistency.

Before the building of the Emirates Arsenal was a top top side- Arsene besides other titles, won the double twice and produced the invisibles.
Paying for the Emirates led to strict and stringent financial measures yet Arsene consistently led us to the UCL.
After paying off the debt in 2013, we signed Ozil and won the FA cup and Community shield. Nawa o!
Currently Arsene is building a new team that according to him can compete for the league by 2016. He has done it before, with God, he would do it again.
The man is a legend, take it or leave it. I am sure a statue is waiting for him, and a stand would be named after him. Respect!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 16, 2015
Spy360:
Obviously Pickabeau and Naijababe are recent members of The Arsenal Supporters' Trust. For those of us who are long time members like Debosky and yours truely, understand that within the available resources at his disposal, Mr Wenger has shown remarkable consistency.

Before the building of the Emirates Arsenal was a top top side- Arsene besides other titles, won the double twice and produced the invisibles.
Paying for the Emirates led to strict and stringent financial measures yet Arsene consistently led us to the UCL.
After paying off the debt in 2013, we signed Ozil and won the FA cup and Community shield. Nawa o!
Currently Arsene is building a new team that according to him can compete for the league by 2016. He has done it before, with God, he would do it again.
The man is a legend, take it or leave it. I am sure a statue is waiting for him, and a stand would be named after him. Respect!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin If you must know, I supported Arsenal before him and will continue to do after him. Like I said, I had his full back the beginning of 2011 season, even after that, I still cut him plenty slack until 2013, when it became apparent to me the man is only interested in keeping his job.

Debosky has said it in his post, everybody knows you can't get good players for cheap like before, only Arsene Wenger hasn't quite caught on.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:41pm On Jan 16, 2015
pazienza:

Ozil was a panic buy after the loss to Aston villa. It wasn't like he was exactly what Arsenal needed, he just happened to be available at a time the fans were calling for wenger's head. If he wasn't unsettled at Madrid by Isco's arrival, Arsenal wouldn't have gotten him. What we needed that season was a world class striker and DM. Wenger ignored our need and was set into panic buy by Aston Villa.
With Ozil,Arsenal finished 4th,without him the previous season,we still finished 4th.

LOL so which is it? He likes buying expensive players or he doesn't?

Ozil was a panic buy eh? Okay, was Santi a panic buy? Was Sanchez a panic buy? What was the panic when Wenger was chasing Suarez prior to the Ozil buy?

Keep digging bro.

Dunno why you have to wed yourself to a theory that simply doesn't hold water.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (3543) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.