Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,434 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (519) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2339039 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (3530) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
Roland17:

Folks vehemently claim to be indifferent about Arsenal and its players yet they expend about 2 pints of blood arguing about the team...

" Why u dey vex? Is it your money? "
Nna mehn I tire for the guy o. E be like say him wife beat am, so him wan turn aggression for us. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
Raheem Sterling to Shitty for £49M, I hope this is not another Andy Carroll shenanigan about to unfold. That boy is so stupid grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 1:53pm On Jul 13, 2015
naijababe:
Raheem Sterling to Shitty for £49M, I hope this is not another Andy Carroll shenanigan about to unfold. That boy is so stupid grin
he doesn't even worth half a million...
Tooooo over rated
Chambo shd worth double his price den
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 3:15pm On Jul 13, 2015
Pataki:

Nkwobi dey hunger you? Silly boy.

The worst joke is your club intending to sell their legends with a confused coach. Una don recover all your injured players yet? Stewpeed club you belong to.

Better get ready to hide your face in shame this coming season.

Lol

You dont know us.

You should find out about the last player we sold to Man Utd called Owen Hargreaves
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 3:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
hehehe... Gunners for life...

*modified... now following thread...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:56pm On Jul 13, 2015
naijababe:
City's situation is dire. They have only 3 homegrowns and at least 7 is required. With an aging squad where the youngest first team player is over 27, they surely need to buy. Together with FFP restrictions, they are highly limited on even who to buy- he has to be British born and also good enough for a big team like theirs plus the fact that not too much can be spent this year. With Delph rejecting a move, they will be under immenced pressure from English clubs who would want to eat them alive. Man City face missing out on the top four this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Bimffo(m): 5:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
Spy360:
We won the cup too dickhead, and we will win the double this season.

Yea.. I agree totally. U guys are doing the double..
Emirates cup and Europa league.. grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 6:03pm On Jul 13, 2015
Spy360:

City's situation is dire. They have only 3 homegrowns and at least 7 is required. With an aging squad where the youngest first team player is over 27, they surely need to buy. Together with FFP restrictions, they are highly limited on even who to buy- he has to be British born and also good enough for a big team like theirs plus the fact that not too much can be spent this year. With Delph rejecting a move, they will be under immenced pressure from English clubs who would want to eat them alive. Man City face missing out on the top four this season.

Hes still not worth that much
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:50pm On Jul 13, 2015
Bimffo:

Yea.. I agree totally. U guys are doing the double..

Emirates cup and Europa league.. grin
smileysmiley hahahaaa. You know what? We haven't even done the Emirates cup for like a couple of seasons now. May be we can begin with that, all join.

I know you Chelsea fans are greedy, so I'll just leave you with the inter-toto cup. cheesycheesy lwkmd.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
pickabeau1:

Hes still not worth that much
Surely he is overblown by the English media, he isn't worth as much as Depay.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2015
Spy360:

Surely he is overblown by the English media, he isn't worth as much as Depay.

I don't think he is overhyped so much
Maybe 2 seasons ago but not this last one
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:11pm On Jul 13, 2015
Lmao grin
I can't help but pity my club dis season......
Over dependent on coqelin could be more Dan Monaco nightmare

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Bimffo(m): 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
sod09:
Lmao grin I can't help but pity my club dis season...... Over dependent on coqelin could be more Dan Monaco nightmare
Thank eledumare You are facing the truth.. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 8:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
Spy360:
@Proudlysports, I really like your analysis, it shows good knowledge of the game. I will like you to react on the availability of strikers that meet your spec taking note of their prices and willingness to leave their present clubs.

Like you know, there is a shortage of available strikers at the moment but who knows what will happen tomorrow? Ozil didn't want to leave Madrid but a week later, he signed for Arsenal.

Also we have a scouting system working 24/7 and feeding Arsene with data on players around the world. We may not get a big name (Cavani, Suarez, etc) but I am certain we will sign one more striker. I've been informed Sanogo will go on loan again (Ajax in Holland most likely), Welbeck is battling with injuries and Akpom is definitely not ready (he's going on loan to Norwich). Things will move faster as we approach August.

Rumour has it that we are looking at Napoli's Jose Callejon. Again this may or may not be true but it shows that there are capable and available strikers out there. Maybe not the usual big names
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 8:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
tayoccu:
@proudlysports
I believe we need a striker with a different skill set, a poacher with top notch positioning, composure, and finishing.

Theo?

Who knows, this may be Theo's breakout year undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
Unless some crazy injury happens... Arsene Wenger is signing no one else... the squad position is filled up...

For strikers:
Giroud...
Walcott...
Welbeck...
Sanchez (could play there)
Akpom as back up... (there's no way in Hell Baba will let Akpom leave...)

That's four players for a striker role... adding another striker is detrimental to the team spirit... whether Cavani or Benzema... Unless somebody goes... but Giroux and Walcott both signed New contracts... would they want to be benched...?

Everyone that has played football manager would understand why you can't add another striker to the squad...

Don't even get me started on our midfield... over-complete dey worry am... with Ozil/Ramsey/Wilshere/Oxlade-Chamberlain all fighting for central position... then we have emerging talents in Dan Crowley and Zelalem... you guys need to watch Crowley on YouTube...

Adding another world class player is detrimental to team spirit and cohesiveness...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 10:14pm On Jul 13, 2015
Akpom is going on loan.
Welbz is still injured from last season. Return date yet to be confirmed.
We've seen Alexis in the top 9 position and I'm sure even AW won't try it again in a competitive match.

I'll be seriously surprised if AW doesn't bring in a striker even if on loan.

Our game comes up 1.30 on Saturday. Keep an eye out for Crowley and Jon Toral.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 10:32pm On Jul 13, 2015
Akpom has worked too hard to go on loan... dude impressed in u-21 in June... resumed pre-season before any player... even if he was paid double... he would rather sit on the bench... think about it... Wenger let Afobe go... a player that scored 30 odd goals with Harry Kane... even received the golden boot... if Wenger sees something in you... forget it... there's a reason he's holding on to Akpom... qed!!!

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 10:15am On Jul 14, 2015
I'm a fan of Chuba. I've followed him same way I've followed and still follow many in our youth set up. His level is above that of our current youth squad but not yet at Arsenal 1st team level. It is for his own good if he goes on loan to get much needed match practice instead of sitting on the bench at Arsenal. Akpom has played for 2/3 different teams on loan in the past and scored 0 goals. How many did he score at the euro u21?

Don't get me wrong, i see great potential in him and i rate him highly but it won't do him any good to wait on the bench. He needs match experience which he won't get at Arsenal. Anyways, if what my sources tell me is true, his loan deal is almost done. Let's wait and see.

As for Afobe, yes I believe we made a mistake to let him go. In fact I remember saying it here when we bough Sanogo that I didn't see any sense in buying Sanogo and letting Afobe go. But even at that, Afobe wasn't ready and still isn't. His goals were scored at league 1 level and even though he's done well sInce he moved to the championship last January, he's not yet a player I'll play in first team against any of the EPL side. But by next season (16/17), barring injuries (which has been his main challenge ), I expect to see him in the EPL.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 10:47am On Jul 14, 2015
Nah nah nah... you can't judge a player like that... here are my reasons...
Alex Song... He had zero ball control when he joined arsenal... he flopped on loan at wolves... my friends laughed when he played... and his transformation happened when he worked hard over just one pre-season... we know the end of the story...
Coquelin... if you were manager... this guy would never play... when asked about his form... he said he's never been lazy about training... if they are told to run 5km... he completes his program... never stops... and again he flopped on loan at Lorient and Freiburg...
Let me take it away from our players...
Harry Kane... flopped on loan last two season... scored only 2... what happened next... he became a 30-goal striker... you don't judge a striker only by goals by their time on loan...
that's why you are not the manager...
Akpom is determined to improved... improved at arsenal for that matter... who says transformation can't happen overnight...?
Did you watch his match while he was on loan at forest...
Check up the stats...

-how many runs in the final third did he make...?
- Did he track back...?
- how many key passes...
- work rate...

etc etc...

you can't judge him by how many goals he scored... yes he's a striker... but is he contributing to the team...? Check out Giroud... his goals tally are not impressive... I'm not a fan of him... but his stats speaks for him... we win 70% of headers in the final third with him in the team and 25% without him...
that my friend is why me and you are not the manager of arsenal football club...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2015
iPopAlomo:
Nah nah nah... you can't judge a player like that... here are my reasons...
Alex Song... He had zero ball control when he joined arsenal... he flopped on loan at wolves... my friends laughed when he played... and his transformation happened when he worked hard over just one pre-season... we know the end of the story...

Alex Song DID NOT flop at Charlton (He played for Charlton not Wolves).

iPopAlomo:

Coquelin... if you were manager... this guy would never play... when asked about his form... he said he's never been lazy about training... if they are told to run 5km... he completes his program... never stops... and again he flopped on loan at Lorient and Freiburg...
Again, unless you are new to this thread, you would know that I have been advocating for Coquelin right from day 1. I have followed him from when his set (along side Wilshere, JET, Frimpong, Lansbury) won the FA Youth Cup in 2009. Even as at last 2013/14 season, I mentioned here on this same thread how he only needs to brush up his rash challenges to become Arsenal material.

You should also know that he DID NOT flop at Lorient. He was so good the Lorient manager wanted him for another season despite being just 20 years old. Arsene/Arsenal refused.
He also DID NOT flop at Charlton. Coquelin was one of Charlton's best players in his short stint there. I watched a few of their matches because of Coquelin and even monitored Charlton fan club forum back then and the consensus was that he was at a higher level than most of their players.
The only loan spell he flopped was at Freiburg and as someone mentioned here a page ago, he didn't play in his natural position (DM) at Freiburg. And yes I was worried Arsene Wenger didn't trust him enough to bring him here but I did not doubt his ability if given a chance. I am glad he's done well.

iPopAlomo:

Let me take it away from our players...
Harry Kane... flopped on loan last two season... scored only 2... what happened next... he became a 30-goal striker... you don't judge a striker only by goals by their time on loan...

that's why you are not the manager...
Akpom is determined to improved... improved at arsenal for that matter... who says transformation can't happen overnight...?

Did you watch his match while he was on loan at forest...
Check up the stats...
-how many runs in the final third did he make...?
- Did he track back...?
- how many key passes...
- work rate...
etc etc...
you can't judge him by how many goals he scored... yes he's a striker... but is he contributing to the team...? Check out Giroud... his goals tally are not impressive... I'm not a fan of him... but his stats speaks for him... we win 70% of headers in the final third with him in the team and 25% without him...
that my friend is why me and you are not the manager of arsenal football club...

No one is saying Akpom is not good enough. If you read my previous post properly, you will see where I said he has the potential to be good. In fact, I remember arguing here on the need for Yaya Sanogo when we had Akpom. You can check posts from January last year to see it.
I just do not think he will develop that potential sitting on the bench for Arsenal. He needs to play regularly. Training is different from playing a competitive game. That's why players go on loan. If Akpom stays at Arsenal, he will need all of Giroud, Walcott, Alexis, Welbeck to be unavailable for him to get a chance to play. That MAY NEVER happen which is not to the player's advantage. He'll end up getting a few substitute appearances.

For the records, I'll state again, I RATE AKPOM highly. As at two seasons ago, he was already above the level of our U21 team and I said it here on NL back then. I believe the next stage for him now is to go on loan and get regular football rather than sit on the bench.

BTW, do you know that we can only have 7 players on the bench during competitive games? Say we have 1 GK, 2 DF, 2 MF and 2 ATT. Do you think Akpom will even make the bench IF we start Giroud, Alexis and Theo upfront? (ahead of Welbeck, Chamberlain).
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
Meanwhile, my prediction for team that will start tomorrow against Singapore XI

Martinez

Bellerin, Chambers, Gabriel, Gibbs

Flamini, Arteta,

Wilshere

Walcott, Akpom, Iwobi

I may be really far off cheesy But these are players I expect to see. Perhaps Crowley will be given a chance to show what he's got wink

Players to watch out for in Singapore:

Cech: No need to say much about him but Arsenal fans will be excited to finally see him play for Arsenal in a competitive match.

Crowley: I have seen him several times at youth level. Like Wilshere, I expect him to have a rapid rise to first team football. He is good with the ball at his feet and can dribble. His final decision is a bit suspect but then he's still really young.

Iwobi: Jayjay Okocha's nephew. Another player who seems to be at the edge of being just above the level of our youth team. He is fast and can do a few tricks with the ball too. He plays on the right but has been deployed as a no 9 in some games. He's a good goal scorer too.

Akpom: I've said a lot about this player already. Shouldn't be in the youth team any more. He's ready to play competitive football for a top side in the championship. He may be at Ipswich or Forest on loan again.

Chambers: Arsene needs to decide where this guy will play in the long term - DM, CB or RB? He doesn't seem to have the pace for RB and with the emergence of Bellerin, he's no 3 for that position. Arsene has mentioned DM as his preferred role. I will be looking out to see if AW will deploy him there in this tournament.

Walcott - Another player that will need to stamp his authority in his preferred position. Is this the season where he establishes himself as our no 9 or back to his normal position? Waiting to find out.

Jon Toral - There's nothing outstanding about this guy considering his position as a midfielder but he just seems to do his job effectively. His loan spell at Brentford last season saw him scoring a few goals. He reminds me of Freddie Ljunberg.

Other worthy mentions: Zelalem, Chris Willock, Gabriel
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 4:14pm On Jul 14, 2015
proudlysports:

Alex Song DID NOT flop at Charlton (He played for Charlton not Wolves).

Again, unless you are new to this thread, you would know that I have been advocating for Coquelin right from day 1. I have followed him from when his set (along side Wilshere, JET, Frimpong, Lansbury) won the FA Youth Cup in 2009. Even as at last 2013/14 season, I mentioned here on this same thread how he only needs to brush up his rash challenges to become Arsenal material.

You should also know that he DID NOT flop at Lorient. He was so good the Lorient manager wanted him for another season despite being just 20 years old. Arsene/Arsenal refused.
He also DID NOT flop at Charlton. Coquelin was one of Charlton's best players in his short stint there. I watched a few of their matches because of Coquelin and even monitored Charlton fan club forum back then and the consensus was that he was at a higher level than most of their players.
The only loan spell he flopped was at Freiburg and as someone mentioned here a page ago, he didn't play in his natural position (DM) at Freiburg. And yes I was worried Arsene Wenger didn't trust him enough to bring him here but I did not doubt his ability if given a chance. I am glad he's done well.

No one is saying Akpom is not good enough. If you read my previous post properly, you will see where I said he has the potential to be good. In fact, I remember arguing here on the need for Yaya Sanogo when we had Akpom. You can check posts from January last year to see it.
I just do not think he will develop that potential sitting on the bench for Arsenal. He needs to play regularly. Training is different from playing a competitive game. That's why players go on loan. If Akpom stays at Arsenal, he will need all of Giroud, Walcott, Alexis, Welbeck to be unavailable for him to get a chance to play. That MAY NEVER happen which is not to the player's advantage. He'll end up getting a few substitute appearances.

For the records, I'll state again, I RATE AKPOM highly. As at two seasons ago, he was already above the level of our U21 team and I said it here on NL back then. I believe the next stage for him now is to go on loan and get regular football rather than sit on the bench.

BTW, do you know that we can only have 7 players on the bench during competitive games? Say we have 1 GK, 2 DF, 2 MF and 2 ATT. Do you think Akpom will even make the bench IF we start Giroud, Alexis and Theo upfront? (ahead of Welbeck, Chamberlain).

Exactly why we don't need another striker... Joe you get the drift... wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 4:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
proudlysports:
Meanwhile, my prediction for team that will start tomorrow against Singapore XI

Martinez

Bellerin, Chambers, Gabriel, Gibbs

Flamini, Arteta,

Wilshere

Walcott, Akpom, Iwobi

I may be really far off cheesy But these are players I expect to see. Perhaps Crowley will be given a chance to show what he's got wink

Players to watch out for in Singapore:

Cech: No need to say much about him but Arsenal fans will be excited to finally see him play for Arsenal in a competitive match.

Crowley: I have seen him several times at youth level. Like Wilshere, I expect him to have a rapid rise to first team football. He is good with the ball at his feet and can dribble. His final decision is a bit suspect but then he's still really young.

Iwobi: Jayjay Okocha's nephew. Another player who seems to be at the edge of being just above the level of our youth team. He is fast and can do a few tricks with the ball too. He plays on the right but has been deployed as a no 9 in some games. He's a good goal scorer too.

Akpom: I've said a lot about this player already. Shouldn't be in the youth team any more. He's ready to play competitive football for a top side in the championship. He may be at Ipswich or Forest on loan again.

Chambers: Arsene needs to decide where this guy will play in the long term - DM, CB or RB? He doesn't seem to have the pace for RB and with the emergence of Bellerin, he's no 3 for that position. Arsene has mentioned DM as his preferred role. I will be looking out to see if AW will deploy him there in this tournament.

Walcott - Another player that will need to stamp his authority in his preferred position. Is this the season where he establishes himself as our no 9 or back to his normal position? Waiting to find out.

Jon Toral - There's nothing outstanding about this guy considering his position as a midfielder but he just seems to do his job effectively. His loan spell at Brentford last season saw him scoring a few goals. He reminds me of Freddie Ljunberg.

Other worthy mentions: Zelalem, Chris Willock, Gabriel
Nice analysis
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 5:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
iPopAlomo:

Exactly why we don't need another striker... Joe you get the drift... wink
So IF we sign Benzema now, you won't sell/loan out Welbeck? cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 6:08pm On Jul 14, 2015
proudlysports:

So IF we sign Benzema now, you won't sell/loan out Welbeck? cheesy cheesy

No... I doubt any striker reinforcements happen...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
Proudlysports and ipopaloma, oh heck of Arsenal fans. Una sabi this club.
Hope pickabeau and sod are following.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 8:52pm On Jul 14, 2015
Spy360:

Lol... it's iPopAlomo Ooo... I'm an arsenal fan in and in... but I still get Oga at the top... nice to meet you ProudlySports... from a gunner to another gunner... I doff...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
iPopAlomo:

There aren't much good strikers around, and those who are are not available as such.

That said, knowing that we scored 2 goals less than Chelsea despite Theo and Olivier out for long spells last season shows our attack isn't a big issue. Together with Sanchez we can do even better this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 9:16pm On Jul 14, 2015
Spy360:

There aren't much good strikers around, and those who are are not available as such.

That said, knowing that we scored 2 goals less than Chelsea despite Theo and Olivier out for long spells last season shows our attack isn't a big issue. Together with Sanchez we can do even better this season.

All I've been saying... five strikers in a team is tooo much... our midfield can score goals... our fullbacks and defenders can score too... we've got world class players in defence, midfield and attack... arsenal have never been more balanced... we just need too start the season strong... and we should be happy by the end of the season...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 10:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
Spy360:

The WOBS? Hahaaha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 2:39am On Jul 15, 2015
iPopAlomo:

Well I'm not an insider so I don't know for sure too. But then, if someone had told me in May that Cech would be a gooner now, I would have doubted it.
We can only wait and see

Spy360:

We also conceded just 4 goals more than Chelsea. City finished ahead of us scoring 12 more goals and conceded 2 goals more than we did.

I showed some data in the previous page of this thread showing how we failed to score in games that mattered last season. Our high number of goals was from high scoring games.

I agree with you guys, if Theo, Giroud, Alexis and maybe Chamberlain can stay fit all season, then yeah we have a shot but then, isn't that the whole point of this discussion - that we don't have someone capable if anything happens to say Giroud for example? (we saw this clearly last season when Giroud was injured and when he lost form for a few games).

I don't have a crystal ball to tell me who and who will stay fit in the coming season. All I know is that we will be taking a risk going into the season as we are now. Alexis has played over 70 games in the past 2 years with little rest (World Cup, EPL, COPA Americas)...

Chelsea were really lucky last season in that they were able to keep key players fit and available for a large part of the season. However, they had Drogba and Remy ready to take over from Costa whenever the need arose.

Anyways guys, I'm sure we all want the best for Arsenal even if our methods vary.
First game of pre-season is in about 11 hours!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (3530) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: johnjunior39(m), Zakamori

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.