Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,117 members, 7,863,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:28 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (521) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2363062 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (3551) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 10:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
Arsene Wenger has revealed he wants to include Chuba Akpom in his first-team plans this season after the Arsenal youngster netted an impressive hat-trick in Wednesday's Barclay's Asia Trophy semi-final against a Singapore Select XI. Akpom, 19, has made just four senior appearances for the club he joined at the age of six, but in February shunned interest from Premier League rivals to sign a new long-term contract with the Gunners. Brief spells at Brentford, Coventry City and Nottingham Forest over the past two years have failed to provide the platform for Akpom to showcase his talent, but Wenger insists the young striker will soon be given a chance to shine at the Emirates Stadium. "No, he won't be going out on loan," Wenger told reporters after Akpom's Barclay's Asia Trophy semi-final heroics. "I sent him out on loan last year because I thought he needed that. "But this season no, I plan to keep him with us. It's down to performance and attitude and he has the assets to be a big talent. And, after that, to be an efficient player week in week out, that's the target. "So it's down to him. How much I don't know. It's encouragement to do well and work even harder. He’s a young player and it can lift confidence. The confidence you sense in the dressing room from other players is important as well. "That can help you. But let's not forget it's a friendly. He's a good talent but he has to work and show that in every game."
Source... Goal.com
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 10:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
Lol... I hate to admit it... but I told you so... Akpom will play...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:50pm On Jul 15, 2015
Well, he stays. I still don't think it's best for him but hey, Wenger knows best and we'll see by January if it's a good move.

I want Akpom to succeed so if this is best move for him, so be it. I just don't think it is

Again, this is what Arsene said about Campbell during the Emirates Cup last season

“Campbell has done very well. I like the way he plays. He’s good on the ball, creative and he has a good balance between individual skill and collective attitude. That’s not easy to find.

“There is now no reason to let him go, either on loan or otherwise.”

And he said this about both Sanogo and Campbell again during the Emirates Cup

“They need to play of course, but they need to play here.
“Sanogo came last year on a free and we worked very hard for six months with him and from January onwards he was slowly getting better, now that we have worked very hard with him, we want him to stay here.

We all know what happened later

If Akpom stays, I hope he gets games. Sitting on the bench/playing with the reserves will be detrimental to his development IMHO.

Let's leave it at that. All the best to Chuba
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Freelancer00(m): 11:20pm On Jul 15, 2015
iPopAlomo:
it's easy to forget we had no money to spend for ten years when we built the emirate... play PES manager or Football manager without transfer fees and know something's are harder than Nigeria's problem... that's why the board can never sack Arsene Wenger... asking for 4th pace was far fetched with the calibre of players we had... that's why Henry left... they couldn't come out to say it... but the players knew... some fans knew... but it's easy to pick on arsenal... but now the tables are turned... can we do the treble... with Cech and Kos in defence... Coq and Ozil in midfield... Sanchez and Walcott in attack... exciting times ahead... I've booked my 2:30 pm date today with arsenal... if I show as much commitment as I show to arsenal... I probably would be married by now... still reading 'fever pitch...' I would have borrowed a quote...think about it... ask those players Arsene Wenger missed... no be money cos am...?! C. Ronaldo was one... People call that man Baba Ijebu... but you can't spend what you don't have...
Bro, can I get the fever pitch in PDF format? Been hearing of it and I've looked everywhere for it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 11:29pm On Jul 15, 2015
Freelancer00:
Bro, can I get the fever pitch in PDF format? Been hearing of it and I've looked everywhere for it.

Yeah... sure... I'll check the size...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Freelancer00(m): 6:00am On Jul 16, 2015
iPopAlomo:

Yeah... sure... I'll check the size...
Thanks sir. Expecting
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:09am On Jul 16, 2015
pickabeau1:
spy360

continue licking wengers arse
sod09:
e be like say d man yansh go sweet oo grin
Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!................ Haa!

I knew you would cuss, but hey I was only being considerate in letting you know the latest. Wenger is old and he is on the verge of retirement.

But you see, he signed a new three year contract last season, and you know what? he never reneges on his agreements. So unfortunately for you guys there' gonna be at least 2 more years of whining and (as keky puts it) WOBing. cheesycheesy

You guys rock this thread @sod and pickabeau.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:24am On Jul 16, 2015
iPopAlomo:
Lol... I hate to admit it... but I told you so... Akpom will play...
I can't tell if Wenger's comments are real because plans do change. Neither can I say if Akpom is ready for first team action.

But like I've said before, it takes just a game (not a season) for a player to have his breakthrough. I have seen it happen several times. And as I have mentioned some pages ago. Having seen Akpom playing last season, the guy obviously has the skill set, his problem was confidence in front of goal, every other skill is intact- positioning, movement off the ball, team play and all. I am pretty sure he is not far away. This boy might be our new Anelka. Subsequent games will prove me right or wrong.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by bigkesh(m): 7:43am On Jul 16, 2015
Keky:
This is the time we should be excited and optimistic about the team and season, rather than lusting after other teams players.
Hahaha......Ur mates are tired of being optimistic..... Goodluck at the emirates cup mate
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 7:52am On Jul 16, 2015
Freelancer00:
Thanks sir. Expecting
1MB... send a PM....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 8:10am On Jul 16, 2015
where is the cussing
I see none of such

I expect objective assessment not cackling

Spy360:

I knew you would cuss, but hey I was only being considerate in letting you know the latest. Wenger is old and he is on the verge of retirement.

But you see, he signed a new three year contract last season, and you know what? he never reneges on his agreements. So unfortunately for you guys there' gonna be at least 2 more years of whining and (as keky puts it) WOBing. cheesycheesy

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 8:36am On Jul 16, 2015
Spy360:

I can't tell if Wenger's comments are real because plans do change. Neither can I say if Akpom is ready for first team action.

But like I've said before, it takes just a game (not a season) for a player to have his breakthrough. I have seen it happen several times. And as I have mentioned some pages ago. Having seen Akpom playing last season, the guy obviously has the skill set, his problem was confidence in front of goal, every other skill is intact- positioning, movement off the ball, team play and all. I am pretty sure he is not far away. This boy might be our new Anelka. Subsequent games will prove me right or wrong.

Wenger as four strikers already... one at his prime... in Walcott... one year to his prime in Welbeck... Giroud in the last years of his prime.... Sanchez could wing it as a striker... and Akpom... can all four play... yes...
what's the point in getting another striker...? It beats logic to pay a player over 100k per week to sit on the bench... four strikers are ideal for rotation... Wenger has his selection headache to deal with in midfield... Ramsey and Wilshere both want central positron... the strikers and defenders department are very balanced... midfield is where everyone should really lament... that's why Rosicky never got the games... towards the second half of the season... Chambers too couldn't get a run in DM... then we've got Arteta and Flamini... waiting... Dan Crowley... coming up... Zelalem... I won't be surprised if Ramsey was sold... we've room for only three midfielders... but again... no one is taking about the midfield...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Freelancer00(m): 9:19am On Jul 16, 2015
iPopAlomo:

1MB... send a PM....
Sent.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:24am On Jul 16, 2015
Wellinton Silva (remember him?) has just signed a ocntract extention with Arsenal. He has also finally received a work permit from UK authorities.
He will most likely go on loan again but this time to an English side. He's been on loan to a few sides in Spain since he signed for Arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 10:30am On Jul 16, 2015
proudlysports:
Wellinton Silva (remember him?) has just signed a ocntract extention with Arsenal. He has also finally received a work permit from UK authorities.
He will most likely go on loan again but this time to an English side. He's been on loan to a few sides in Spain since he signed for Arsenal

yeah... that's why I said midfield is packed... and Arsene Wenger recognises that...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 10:31am On Jul 16, 2015
Freelancer00:
Sent.
sent...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Freelancer00(m): 11:49am On Jul 16, 2015
iPopAlomo:

sent...
Thanks bruv
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 11:53am On Jul 16, 2015
Spy360:

Let the wailing wailers wail bro, hahaha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
Keky:
Let the wailing wailers wail bro, hahaha
hahahahaaaa! See where WOBs make you begin dey rhyme bros.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:08pm On Jul 16, 2015
iPopAlomo:

yeah... that's why I said midfield is packed... and Arsene Wenger recognises that...
The team is so balanced. I think we may have the most balanced squad in EPL.

Now lets face facts. Wenger has got to win the title this season. No more excuses can be made. Most observers for the first time in many years now think Arsenal should push Chelsea for the title. With all the money and talents available, Arsene can not give us any reason not to better anyone else, or at least give it a genuine challenge.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 9:21pm On Jul 16, 2015
Arsenal losers

how market

6 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:22am On Jul 17, 2015
Spy360:

Now lets face facts. Wenger has got to win the title this season. No more excuses can be made. Most observers for the first time in many years now think Arsenal should push Chelsea for the title. With all the money and talents available, Arsene can not give us any reason not to better anyone else, or at least give it a genuine challenge.
dude be contented with wat u av
After he's winning d f.a cup
Y d league now
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dyabman(m): 10:22am On Jul 17, 2015
AsssnAl

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 10:29am On Jul 17, 2015
raumdeuter:
Arsenal losers

how market

You this silly boy, you are back trolling abi? So for your football mind, we wanted Vidal abi? grin No wonder, Shekpe fanz are comparing Vidal to Ramirez. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 1:17pm On Jul 17, 2015
Thierry hemry said man u are likely to win d league well u can't doubt him. He's been in d game nd he knows d reality....
He doesn't believe in stat as guys here...
Wen u say I'm WOB, well I dnt hate d old man I'm just tired of his silly dumb excuses...
We have d highest price for ticket in epl, d fans are always dere so wat does d man need to win d league...
Sanogo, welbeck nd akpom
Are u guys joking or wat...OK nd mertersaker in defense, aw lovely
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 2:06pm On Jul 17, 2015
sod09:
Thierry hemry said man u are likely to win d league well u can't doubt him. He's been in d game nd he knows d reality....
Wen u say I'm WOB, well I dnt hate d old man I'm just tired of his silly dumb excuses...
We have d highest price for ticket in epl, d fans are always dere so wat does d man need to win d league...
Sanogo, welbeck nd akpom

One question... are you a season ticket holder...?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:16pm On Jul 17, 2015
iPopAlomo:

One question... are you a season ticket holder...?
no
I'm not
Are u
Do u know wat day feeling
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 2:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
Spy360:

Arsene fans
Forever hopeful
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
sod09:
Sanogo, welbeck nd akpom
Listen. There is time for everything...

During the financial stress years AW and Arsenal just couldn't compete with Man Utd, Chelsea, and Man City flexing their financial muscles. We were losing our best players to them. Then it was unrealistic to demand for titles when it was obviously not possible (like asking Everton to win EPL).

Foolish fans and WOBs who never saw but read of our glory days started crying like spoilt babies, but the board knew AW was being a magician for keeping the club consistently in the UCL.

Now that the clout is off, and a team is built- we have stopped selling, started buying big (who be us to buy Ozil before?), and even buying from our direct rivals, common sense should tell you that we are ready to make a challenge. AND WE WILL.

... And this our time. #COYG!

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 4:08pm On Jul 17, 2015
Spy360:

Listen. There is time for everything...

During the financial stress years AW and Arsenal just couldn't compete with Man Utd, Chelsea, and Man City flexing their financial muscles. We were losing our best players to them. Then it was unrealistic to demand for titles when it was obviously not possible (like asking Everton to win EPL).

Foolish fans and WOBs who never saw but read of our glory days started crying like spoilt babies, but the board knew AW was being a magician for keeping the club consistently in the UCL.

Now that the clout is off, and a team is built- we have stopped selling, started buying big (who be us to buy Ozil before?), and even buying from our direct rivals, common sense should tell you that we are ready to make a challenge. AND WE WILL.

... And this our time. #COYG!
dumb nd slowpoke wenger followers who have been blinded by his stupidity nd excuse.....now dat we av d so called money, y didn't he seal off transfers before others...
OK he didn't want to waste money abi....u come here nd criticize man u for buying di Maria nd falcao...
Wats s diff BTW d lazy özil nd misfire welbeck
Money abi
Smh....

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2015
sod09:
Sanogo, welbeck nd akpom
Either you or Henry be mumu; choose one.

Man Utd that is under reconstruction, buying and selling like a dog in heat; are they the ones that will now win the league? As at now both Chelsea and Arsenal still have a better squad than them, and besides, this new set up by LvG will require at least 6months to mix properly.

Last season that they bought Di Maria, Falcao, Herrera, Shaw, Rojo, Blind, gbogbo tin gbo, what did they win? Ok what have they bought now? Schneiderlin from Sotton, Darmian from Atalanta, Schweini-rejected at Bayern, or Depay from PSV. They can only talk of winning the league by next year, and that is if they build well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (3551) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.