Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,550 members, 7,850,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:24 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (830) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2352605 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) ... (3544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 10, 2016
Guys what set up do u think we can play to accommodate two forwards and still maintain our mid-field strength?

cc: spy360 ipopalomo sod09 Pataki edoyad proudlysports
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisley024(m): 9:43am On Jul 10, 2016
Two forwards you mean Giroud and Takuma grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:13am On Jul 10, 2016
kokaneprodigy:
Guys what set up do u think we can play to accommodate two forwards and still maintain our mid-field strength?

4-2-2-2
Cech
Monreal kos per belerin
Xhaka el neny
Cozza özil
Sanchez Walcott
IMO......
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 10, 2016
sod09:
4-2-2-2
Cech
Monreal kos per belerin
Xhaka el neny
Cozza özil
Sanchez Walcott
IMO......
How abt 3-5-2 a set up attached below,
CFs- Giroud and a new signing(Asano or any other player that can take on defenders)
AM- Ozil
LM- Sanchez/Iwobi
RM- Ramsey/Walcott/Campbell
DMs- Xhaka and Cazorla
CBs- Monreal-Kos-Bellerin

My point is Giroud will do well with a supporting striker with a different style, with us still maintaining that aerial advantage.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:09am On Jul 10, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

How abt 3-5-2 a set up attached below,
CFs- Giroud and a new signing(Asano or any other player that can take on defenders)
AM- Ozil
LM- Sanchez/Iwobi
RM- Ramsey/Walcott/Campbell
DMs- Xhaka and Cazorla
CBs- Monreal-Kos-Bellerin

My point is Giroud will do well with a supporting striker with a different style, with us still maintaining that aerial advantage.
lol
AFC can't even defend wit 4 df
U now reduce it to 3 na die ooo grin grin
AFC problem is attack.....giroud can't start upfront
I prefer his link up though
Eg....d assist against hull city, man city and Ireland
If Sanchez plays cf with giroud supporting
We can be sure of 30+ goals BTW dem
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 10, 2016
sod09:
lol
AFC can't even defend wit 4 df
U now reduce it to 3 na die ooo grin grin
AFC problem is attack.....giroud can't start upfront
I prefer his link up though
Eg....d assist against hull city, man city and Ireland
If Sanchez plays cf with giroud supporting
We can be sure of 30+ goals BTW dem
How will Ozil fit in that ur set up without reducing is output? I don't want him on the wings.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:39am On Jul 10, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

How will Ozil fit in that ur set up without reducing is output? I don't want him on the wings.
he can get a free role na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

3-5-2 is not a bad formation at all... that's Italy's formation and they kicked ass...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ajasa4link: 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2016
iPopAlomo:

3-5-2 is not a bad formation at all... that's Italy's formation and they kicked ass...
Arsenal don't have defenders rugged enough to allow us play 3-5-2. Gaskiya if we try that rubbish against a man Utd attack that comprises martial, mitikran and zlatan, we go chop pass the infamous 8-2 o.

The Italian team playing 3 defenders have bonuci and chillieni whom we all know none of our defenders is close to in defensive duty apart from kos

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by lekkie073(m): 1:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
iPopAlomo:

u can't use a 3-5-2 formation in d epl where pace is a major highlight. it can only be effective in against a team with slow transition.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
@ajasa4link and @lekkie073...

When playing with a 3-5-2 formation... the strength lies in the midfield with the midfielders... they should be able to attack and defend at the same time... Manure tried it and didn't succeed... why...? because their midfield had tired legs...

a 3-5-2 formation without the ball employs 5-3-2 which explains why Italy only conceded to a mistake... when manure used the 3-5-2 formation... with and without the ball... they stuck stubbornly to position... that was why we could beat then 3-0 in the first 20 minutes of the first half counter attacking...

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by lekkie073(m): 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
iPopAlomo:

When playing with a 3-5-2 formation... the strength lies in the midfield with the midfielders... they should be able to attack and defend at the same time... Manure tried it and didn't succeed... why...? because their midfield had tired legs...

a 3-5-2 formation without the ball employs 5-3-2 which explains why Italy only conceded to a mistake... when manure used the 3-5-2 formation... with and without the ball... they stuck stubbornly to position... that was why we could beat then 3-0 in the first 20 minutes of the first half counter attacking...

u r wrong....manutd never played 3-5-2 against arsenal.
where u get dat one from? lvg did not use dat formation at all dis past season. he tried it last two seasons and it flopped. don't be carried away by the way Italy deployed d formation. chielini has mastered it so it looks easy. defenders who r not used to it would find it destabilizing because of the strange positioning
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
lekkie073:
where u get dat one from? lvg did not use dat formation at all dis past season. he tried it last two seasons and it flopped. don't be carried away by the way Italy deployed d formation. chielini has mastered it so it looks easy. defenders who r not used to it would find it destabilizing because of the strange positioning
u right
Italy are using same df as juve....and dese 3 are just ruthless and use to it....
AFC only av kos no other defender
Italy also have some badasses defensive MF in de Rossi, verrati and machicio
I'm just wondering where Wenger will start from
Its not gonna work at all
BTW chelshit will try it dis coming season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
lekkie073:

Oga... this is the squad for both teams in the 4th of Oct 2015

Arsenal: Cech (cool, Bellerin (cool, Mertesacker (cool, Gabriel (cool, Monreal (cool, Coquelin (cool, Cazorla (9), Ramsey (cool, Ozil (9), Sanchez (9), Walcott (cool.
Subs used: Giroud (6), Chamberlain (6), Gibbs (6).
Arsenal formation: 4-2-3-1

Man Utd: De Gea (6), Darmian (4), Smalling (6), Blind (5), Young (5), Carrick (6), Schweinsteiger (5), Rooney (5), Mata (6), Depay (5), Martial (7).
Subs used: Fellaini (6), Valencia (6), Wilson (5).
Man Utd formation: 3-5-2

You were saying...?

Liverpool now uses the 3-5-2 formation under Klopp...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2016
You can't use 352 against bus packing team, my ozil and giroud Will pass the ball to death only Sanchez and Ramsey are willing to score or shoot on goal...

I also fear counter against P.m in our backline, only bellerin can run for cover, even with our back4, we play highline and get punished a lot talkless of 3 backs..

I say stick to our normal formation, just get a goal scoring and a mobile striker, also change formation and rotate 2or 3 players only against teams that require a particular style or pattern.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ColtPython(m): 3:52pm On Jul 10, 2016
3-5-2?

Seems u want all our opponents to ra.pe us mercilessly next season

We don't have tough centre backs for this formation
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 4:51pm On Jul 10, 2016
Arsssnal and 3-5-2 cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by lekkie073(m): 5:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
iPopAlomo:

Man Utd: De Gea (6), Darmian (4), Smalling (6), Blind (5), Young (5), Carrick (6), Schweinsteiger (5), Rooney (5), Mata (6), Depay (5), Martial (7).
and how is this a 3-5-2

DDG
Darmian smalling blind young

Carrick schweini

Mata Rooney delay

Martial

Now show me how they lined up in ur fantasy 3-5-2

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by lekkie073(m): 5:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
iPopAlomo:

Arsenal: Cech (cool, Bellerin (cool, Mertesacker (cool, Gabriel (cool, Monreal (cool, Coquelin (cool, Cazorla (9), Ramsey (cool, Ozil (9), Sanchez (9), Walcott (cool.
Subs used: Giroud (6), Chamberlain (6), Gibbs (6).
Arsenal formation: 4-2-3-1

You were saying...?

Liverpool now uses the 3-5-2 formation under Klopp...
so with the above pic it shows u r a liar...
When u wanna twist ur way around, look farther than here bro.....

All liars must go to jail grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by lekkie073(m): 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
ColtPython:
3-5-2?

Seems u want all our opponents to ra.pe us mercilessly next season

We don't have tough centre backs for this formation
Dats what too much alomo popping dey do to d brain cells grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sinizia: 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2016
lekkie073:
and how is this a 3-5-2
DDG Darmian smalling blind young
Carrick schweini
Mata Rooney delay
Martial

Na you get time to dey stress yourself dey post pic of a match we all watched.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by An0nimus: 6:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
sod09:
4-2-2-2
Cech
Monreal kos per belerin
Xhaka el neny
Cozza özil
Sanchez Walcott
IMO......

this is like 4-4-2. the 4 in the middle will spread like a 'W' yeah? since you put two DMs
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ajasa4link: 6:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
iPopAlomo:

My guy, I've done all the necessary explanation in my earlier post, 3-5-2 can never work with the current crop of players we have. Except we are planning to buy all the Italian players u keep pointing out in ur analysis above. Simple!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Funpeter: 6:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
Jean-Michel Aulas & Arsene Wenger In an interview reported by L’Equipe, Aulas has answered a direct question about Arsenal’s interest in Lacazette. He’s replied: I’ve met Arsene Wenger quite often during France games (at the Euros) but he has not spoken to me about this (an offer for Lacazette). So I don’t think there is something in it and it seems to that Lacazette wants to play with Lyon in the new stadium.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
lekkie073:
and how is this a 3-5-2

DDG
Darmian smalling blind young

Carrick schweini

Mata Rooney delay

Martial

Lol. Seems we think alike. I for reply am with these same skysports screenshots. But Glo no allow me.
When Alomo has clouded his senses, how wont he be saying rubbish. How any1 ll look at that United lineup and claim it is a 3-5-2 lineup is laughable....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by lekkie073(m): 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2016
Lana1:
Lol. Seems we think alike. I for reply am with these same skysports screenshots. But Glo no allow me.
When Alomo has clouded his senses, how wont he be saying rubbish. How any1 ll look at that United lineup and claim it is a 3-5-2 lineup is laughable....
I tire for d alomo seller o grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:54pm On Jul 10, 2016
An0nimus:

this is like 4-4-2. the 4 in the middle will spread like a 'W' yeah? since you put two DMs
yes na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:57pm On Jul 10, 2016
iPopAlomo:

3-5-2 is a good formation IF YOU HAVE WING BACKS. Arsenal have no wing backs.

Besides, it is a defensive formation because it is actually 5-3-2, and Arsenal don't do defensive, cos we aren't Chelshit or Philosophers. We are ARSENAL.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
Lana1:
It is possible with a little tweaking. As in with Young pushing up to wing back.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by lekkie073(m): 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2016
Spy360:

It is possible with a little tweaking. As in with Young pushing up to wing back.
so only one wing back is enuf to play 3-5-2 or what r u saying
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by lekkie073(m): 8:53pm On Jul 10, 2016
Spy360:

3-5-2 is a good formation IF YOU HAVE WING BACKS. Arsenal have no wing backs.

Besides, it is a defensive formation because it is actually 5-3-2, and Arsenal don't do defensive, cos we aren't Chelshit or Philosophers. We are ARSENAL.
3-5-2 is not a formation u can just deplore o. if d defenders r not used to it, na serious calamity because it's a very strange positioning. strange in d sense that normal four man defense has the two central defenders pairing. its not d case in 3-5-2. the defender at the centre of d back three is often on his own and as such he can be preyed upon. chielini is adept at it because juve has been playing it for more than 5yrs now.

3-5-2 is not something u will just tell any set of defenders to operate on.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 9:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
See memes rolling.... grin

Poor Ronaldo cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) ... (3544) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.