Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,716 members, 7,851,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:33 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2353165 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (3544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisley024(m): 12:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
Abeg Arsenal should be winning games until the transfer window is closed.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:04pm On Aug 07, 2016
Cbeatz:
true words bruh....but wenger once made a referance to aguero and sanchez....i do think we will see sanchez up top this season if we do not sign......giroud misses chances but he is a good player....u all don't know but he really is.....the type of football we play the only strikerz we could would be striker who are drogba-ish....good in the air.....strong.....and holdup play......giroud fits perfectly.....welbeck even more perfect( pace,sharpness,great understanding with wingers ).....reason we failed to score was sanchez came back from copa...didnt have a proper preseason....didnt hve a proper rest and he was thrown forward...he played bollocks.....giroud seems like the perfect guy to blame but he actually lifted us in the 1st half of the season....compare to post-vanpersie.....arsenal have short players....kos we are all diick riding now...cost us a trophy......gave penalty away( thatz y i say gabriel is better)...ozill on the flanks and we were conceding setpiece goals in the buckets...holding( chambers is going on loan...nt sure tho) could understudy mertesacker nt koscielny.....positioning....passing....tall...hello to the new mertsacker guys......world class strikers make una mention them if u sabi dem and if dem dey available...below world class is great strikers and giroud does fall in that region.....chambo and lacazette be mate i actually sat down and watched all his goals( lacasera was poor in 1st half oo.....nt consistent....the previous season too he bagged 8-10 in the 1st period....higuain.....lewandoski....suarez....( sort of a winger dny know y peepz say he is a striker)griezman/aguero.....ibra....muller.....and my least favourite deigo costa.....giroud...benzema...aduriz...chicharito....dybala makeup the list of the best strikerz now depending on how they played in1st leg and 2nd leg or either legs of the season
Giroud is a good striker no doubt (for Hell's sake he was better than Martial at the Euros). My point here is he needs a partner. Someone who can share the goals burden with him. Two seasons ago when Walcott attempted the striker's role, Girouds class became even more evident. Forget defence, when the attack is working, the defence does little or no work.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
Choose your front three this season...
Options 1. Sanchez 2. Giroud 3. Walcott 4. Campbell 5. Iwobi 6. Akpom 7. Chambo 8. Ramsey 9. Wilshere
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by IZUKWU(m): 2:23pm On Aug 07, 2016
Spy360:
Options 1. Sanchez 2. Giroud 3. Walcott 4. Campbell 5. Iwobi 6. Akpom 7. Chambo 8. Ramsey 9. Wilshere
Sanchez Giroud Iwobi
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SIRcumalot: 2:44pm On Aug 07, 2016
Spy360:

Giroud is a good striker no doubt (for Hell's sake he was better than Martial at the Euros). My point here is he needs a partner. Someone who can share the goals burden with him. Two seasons ago when Walcott attempted the striker's role, Girouds class became even more evident. Forget defence, when the attack is working, the defence does little or no work.
why is welbeck not in serious contention for the striking position ?
he is strong than walcott and faster than Giroud.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Cbeatz(m): 2:44pm On Aug 07, 2016
Spy360:

Options
1. Sanchez
2. Giroud
3. Walcott
4. Campbell
5. Iwobi
6. Akpom
7. Chambo
8. Ramsey
9. Wilshere
for liverpool.....sanchez,akpom,chambo....tho i know walcott will start ahead of akpom
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Diademk07: 3:06pm On Aug 07, 2016
Spy360:

We beat manure 3-0 last season with Walcott as our main striker. Now explain that.

The only way you could make the likes of Walcott, Campbell, Iwobi useful is by converting them into strikers. With their pace, they would do wonders but do they have the instinct or the finishing of a striker? Walcott for example is woeful in front of goal.

The reality is none of them are good enough for the wing. Their techniques, dribbling and decision making are just too average for the wing roles.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Diademk07: 3:10pm On Aug 07, 2016
Spy360:

Well I cant comment because I have not seen him play but then as no body is considering him leaves much to desire. I take an example from Eder, who ever saw his goal against France at the Euros would want to bid £50million. But we all know the guy is just shiit, a flash in the pan.

If you watch all Eder touches against France, he was mostly terrible! One moment of brilliance doesn't define a player talent. Even Bebe had some good moment in the La liga.

From what I've seen from the Ounas kid, he's good. His touch in crowded area, close control dribbling and crossing are the things that impress me most save for his greedy terrible shooting at times.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:13pm On Aug 07, 2016
SIRcumalot:

He is currently injured. He is strong and fast but Giroud has a better positioning and obviously better finishing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Diademk07: 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

Even lana1 the unrepentant troll won't say this, how many games did these players start last season?

Lol!

I wouldn't know the no of times Chamber and Welbeck played but I do know they played some matches and I know Wenger has the hope that they will come good eventually.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
Diademk07:

The only way you could make the likes of Walcott, Campbell, Iwobi useful is by converting them into strikers. With their pace, they would do wonders but do they have the instinct or the finishing of a striker? Walcott for example is woeful in front of goal.

The reality is none of them are good enough for the wing. Their techniques, dribbling and decision making are just too average for the wing roles.
Walcott's finishing is better than most striker's. His biggest challenge is his lack of stamina. Those players you mentioned may find it difficult playing against tight defences.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2016
Cbeatz:
for liverpool.....sanchez,akpom,chambo....tho i know walcott will start ahead of akpom
We both share similar thoughts especially on Wenger's choice of Walcott ahead of Akpom.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SIRcumalot: 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2016
Spy360:

He is currently injured. He is strong and fast but Giroud has a better positioning and obviously better finishing.
well i feel if when he makes a full recovery he should be able to challenge Giroud for that spot.
honestly if not for his injury he should already be a regular starter for the striking position.
nothing against giroud i like him more than most but,Welbeck just seem a better fit for the team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Cbeatz(m): 3:29pm On Aug 07, 2016
Spy360:
We both share similar thoughts especially on Wenger's choice of Walcott ahead of Akpom.
been following arsenal for 8yrs now....it is a surity that wally will start...and na 4ckboii since that sunderland incident...thatz y arsenal fans are crying for an alternative...that is the real arsenal fans nt the other clubs fans posing as arsenal fans...one luv bruh
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 3:31pm On Aug 07, 2016
Spy360:

The only advantage Welbeck has over Giroud is speed. Welbeck if he can manage to be in form, is actually a combination of Walcott and Giroud.

We desperately need a striker. We tried getting Vardy, he refused coming. We submitted a bid for Lacasera, his club rejected our offer. That is why when I said here, Arsenal did not make a bid for Mahrez, someone even called me a liar.

Would we get a striker before the end of the transfer window, I honestly cannot say.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Diademk07: 3:59pm On Aug 07, 2016
Spy360:

Walcott's finishing is better than most striker's. His biggest challenge is his lack of stamina. Those players you mentioned may find it difficult playing against tight defences.

That's why I pointed out striker instinct. Look at Chicharito for example, his techniques isn't the best but his instinct inside the box is one of the best. Similar to Aubameyang.

Walcott finishing is quite shite though. Look at the no of chances he managed to screw up in the pre-season. His off the ball movement looks good but his finishing is terrible.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:25pm On Aug 07, 2016
Pataki:

The only advantage Welbeck has over Giroud is speed. Welbeck if he can manage to be in form, is actually a combination of Walcott and Giroud.

We desperately need a striker. We tried getting Vardy, he refused coming. We submitted a bid for Lacasera, his club rejected our offer. That is why when I said here, Arsenal did not make a bid for Mahrez, someone even called me a liar.

Would we get a striker before the end of the transfer window, I honestly cannot say.
Welbeck has always been unlucky with injuries since he joined us. I feel with more game time and shooting practice he may do better.

On transfers, Wenger really needs to wake up to the reality of the present time. Juve signed 29yr old Higuain for £75million. Top strikers won't come cheap. He should splash the cash or just shut up really.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:29pm On Aug 07, 2016
Diademk07:

That's why I pointed out striker instinct. Look at Chicharito for example, his techniques isn't the best but his instinct inside the box is one of the best. Similar to Aubameyang.

Walcott finishing is quite shite though. Look at the no of chances he managed to screw up in the pre-season. His off the ball movement looks good but his finishing is terrible.

You don't compare Walcott with Chicharito. That's harsh. I point is, for a winger his finishing cannot be terrible.

Besides, he is still shiit though.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2016
SIRcumalot:

He's in sick bay that's y?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 6:19pm On Aug 07, 2016
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 6:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisley024(m): 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2016
Good Giroud is not on the pitch. He would've been blamed for all the missed chances.

Still want this useless club to keep winning until transfer ends.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by elrony(m): 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2016
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2016
First half,

ManShitty (1) - Arsenal (0).
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 7:10pm On Aug 07, 2016

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2016
Walcott assist, Iwobi scores. angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by An0nimus: 7:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
omoh we dey ball sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 7:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
See my boys displaying skills against ManShitty.....£100m cannot buy skills walai. grin

Haters you can drink your haterozade. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by An0nimus: 7:36pm On Aug 07, 2016
Walcott scores. In Arsene's voice "we have all we need" angry

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 7:36pm On Aug 07, 2016
Jesuuuu

Walcott scores!

Fantasticsh goal! shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Oasis007(m): 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2016
raumdeuter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YH3263wAy8

grin

Arsenal Fans can survive any hardship I swear! They are contented with Top4 and care not about winning the League!

Pataki after seeing Aguero Goal!

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 7:40pm On Aug 07, 2016
Arsenal(2) - ManShitty(1)

Haters hope you are enjoying the haterode. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (3544) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: chrisley024(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.