Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,511 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (919) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2319413 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) ... (3491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 18, 2016
sod09:
Wen I saw dis.... I had change of mind
I think xhaka saved us a 4-2 situation we were caught on a counter attack
Maybe dats y d ref gave him straight red
He won us 3 points imo
That shii isn't a straight red everyday, the tackle even occurred at their half of the pitch. It's a yellow card offence.
Even the commentator was surprised.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:51pm On Oct 18, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

That shii isn't a straight red everyday, the tackle even occurred at their half of the pitch. It's a yellow card offence.
Even the commentator was surprised.
yes
But he didn't go for ball at all
He already made up his mind
He get mind sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pamcode(m): 12:18am On Oct 19, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

How does this relate to what I was saying?, Oga go and sleep and read my post again in the morning.

We were talking abt Iwobi's dribbling ability and how that trait is inherent when u think of the bloodline he shares with JayJay. Where do trophies and career come in here? Reason i said u didn't ff what lead to my post.
*sighs* there is no need.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:40am On Oct 19, 2016
Xhaka is good but I will go for Coquelin as our best DM so far.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by An0nimus: 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2016
Leyqute:
Can't wait for Wenger to retire so you guys could become like Crystal Palace.

So you guys agree Wenger is a good coach?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 19, 2016
Spy360:
Xhaka is a box to box DM and does well when played as one, case in point EFL game where he was paired with Elneny(holding DM) and the Hull city game where he subbed Cazorla and played along side Coq,.
he's not a holding DM so his strong point is not making tackles. He is a good passer of the ball and good with shots too, Wenger should use him more as a box to box.

I hope he's paired with Coq tonight let Cazorla be rested.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Diademk07: 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2016
Spy360:

Plenty told you Xhaka isn't a DM. He's Alonso make 11, although not yet as good.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Diademk07: 1:16pm On Oct 19, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

Xhaka is a box to box DM and does well when played as one, case in point EFL game where he was paired with Elneny(holding DM) and the Hull city game where he subbed Cazorla and played along side Coq,.
he's not a holding DM so his strong point is not making tackles. He is a good passer of the ball and good with shots too, Wenger should use him more as a box to box.

I hope he's paired with Coq tonight let Cazorla be rested.

Nope.. The position is Xhaka's actual position but a different role.... He needs a box-box 8 who's defensively solid alongside him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 19, 2016
GK: Ospina
defence: Bellerin Mustafi Kos Monreal
DM:. Coq, Xhaka
AM: Walcott, Ozil, Sanchez
CF:Lucas

But I suspect Wenger to start Chamberlain and drop Lucas
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2016
Diademk07:

Nope.. The position is Xhaka's actual position but a different role.... He needs a box-box 8 who's defensively solid alongside him.
Man, you have good knowledge of footie. Love your posts tho. I think Ramsey should partner him when he is back, not cazorla.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ColtPython(m): 3:49pm On Oct 19, 2016
Keky:
Man, you have good knowledge of footie. Love your posts tho. I think Ramsey should partner him when he is back, not cazorla.

1 word

[size=25pt]

DISASTER!!![/size]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
ColtPython:

1 word

[size=25pt]

DISASTER!!![/size]

..... Lmao.....
.... Don't mind the guy, Ramsey that rarely stays in position, very undisciplined player.

.... With him and Xhaka in our midfield, teams will slice through our midfield with ease.
... Xhaka played well in our Watford game when he was paired with Cazorla...
.... I think that was his best in an Arsenal shirt...
... Ramsey and Giroud should continue with their pre-season or whatever Wenger called it, don't want them near our first team...

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2016
.... .... And somebody should please tell Chamberlain to shut the Fvck up...
... If he wants to leave, he can and I will see the team that will pay him the sort of money he earns at Arsenal to play rubbish.. .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 19, 2016
solomonbrown64:
.... .... And somebody should please tell Chamberlain to shut the Fvck up...
... If he wants to leave, he can and I will see the team that will pay him the sort of money he earns at Arsenal to play rubbish.. .
That one doesn't even bother me, for him mind he's playing mind games with Wenger, we'll just call back Campbell from loan.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 4:20pm On Oct 19, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

That one doesn't even bother me, for him mind he's playing mind games with Wenger, we'll just call back Campbell from loan.

.... Lol.... He don see how Bellerin dey for news, him too wan dey for headlines...
... Yeye, instead of him to learn from Iwobi how to use his brain instead of pace...

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
I think Ramsey can be a good squad box to box player, rotating for Carzola in some games, Giroud is who I do not near any of our starting 11,he deserves only 15min and only on those parkbus teams.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Diademk07: 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2016
Keky:

Personally, I think a player like Kante would have been the perfect combo for Xhaka. He's got the pace, defensive awareness and the technique to complement Xhaka in the midfield. He woulda been the rich man Khedira to Xhaka play but Arsene thought differently.

I'm quite happy you didn't get him though because I'm quite sure with a midfield combo of Kante and Xhaka behind Ozil and Sanchez, there won't even be any doubt about Arsenal title challenge but then, I woulda preferred him to stay at Leicester than going to Chelsea, seeing that Mourinho was more interested in Pogba. Maybe I'm being selfish but I don't care.

As for Ramsey, I think he's better further forward as shown at the Euro.. I think he's more or less like a poor mans lampard.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 19, 2016
Personally I hope to see Xhaka start along side Coq tonight and allowed to roam.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Diademk07: 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2016
kokaneprodigy:
Personally I hope to see Xhaka start along side Coq tonight and allowed to roam.

It's like expecting Arteta or Alonso to roam..
Gladbach had to get in the defensively solid pacey Dahoud to play alongside Xhaka before they got their season back on track.. Prior to that, it was a total disaster!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2016
Fkhalifa:
I think Ramsey can be a good squad box to box player, rotating for Carzola in some games, Giroud is who I do not near any of our starting 11,he deserves only 15min and only on those parkbus teams.
Ramsey was box to box in 2013/2014 season and he was our best player that season, he even won us the fa cup. He had the right partnership with Arteta. I think He can also form that with Xhaka if given the chance.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 19, 2016
Diademk07:

It's like expecting Arteta or Alonso to roam..
Gladbach had to get in the defensively solid pacey Dahoud to play alongside Xhaka before they got their season back on track.. Prior to that, it was a total disaster!
Let's see, he has played twice beside two holding DMs and has done well for now.
I just want a situation where we can utilise his shots in the opponent's half + he's not very good with tackles.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:04pm On Oct 19, 2016
Keky:
Ramsey was box to box in 2013/2014 season and he was our best player that season, he even won us the fa cup. He had the right partnership with Arteta. I think He can also form that Xhaka if given the chance.
yes I agree with you, Ramsey performs better with Arteta like DM, and xhaka is a young,agile arteta...he only need to be disciplined and made to fight for that spot, I don't like the idea of Wenger making him feel like he is a boss at the Emirates...

I think he is the most energetic and can cover ground the most in that middle.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:06pm On Oct 19, 2016
ColtPython:

1 word

[size=25pt]

DISASTER!!![/size]
abi ooo
Ramsey way sabi open dm yansh
Una dan start to day compare Rambo wit cozza again abi
We quick day forget for naija
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 19, 2016
Keky:
Ramsey was box to box in 2013/2014 season and he was our best player that season, he even won us the fa cup. He had the right partnership with Arteta. I think He can also form that Xhaka if given the chance.
Oga pairing Xhaka with Ramsey is a recipe for disaster, our defence will suffer,
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 5:13pm On Oct 19, 2016
.. It's like you guys haven't seen the way Ramsey plays lately..... He really has stopped caring for team and instead goes around shooting and shooting, hoping to score those spectacular goals.

.... Whenever he is in the team, he disrupts the smooth play of our front and he will likely do the same thing when he returns...
... He leaves his position and take up Ozil's place, forcing Ozil to stay on the left flank and sometimes you see him further up the pitch...
Ramsey is simply a glory hunter and will only open up the midfield especially when paired with someone like Xhaka...
.... His roaming was useful when we had a lamp post of a striker starting for us but now that we have Sanchez up front, he either learns to stay in his position or remain in pre-season...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:14pm On Oct 19, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

Oga pairing Xhaka with Ramsey is a recipe for disaster, our defence will suffer,
i can't remember d match we played ND Rambo was assign a dm role.. ..walahi d guy day compete with Giroud to score goal grin grin cheesy
#badestrambo
I miss him though
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Diademk07: 5:15pm On Oct 19, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

Let's see, he has played twice beside two holding DMs and has done well for now.
I just want a situation where we can utilise his shots in the opponent's half + he's not very good with tackles.

The position doesn't stop his long shots. Have you forgotten Alonso pile drivers from outside the box?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
Fkhalifa:
yes I agree with you, Ramsey performs better with Arteta like DM, and xhaka is a young,agile arteta...he only need to be disciplined and made to fight for that spot, I don't like the idea of Wenger making him feel like he is a boss at the Emirates...

I think he is the most energetic and can cover ground the most in that middle.
Someone that understands me. He did well Arteta and Xhaka is younger and fit. Why wont he excel there? As you rightly said Xhaka need to be disciplined, Ramsey also. He covers the most ground in our team, Ramsey= Engine.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 5:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

Same way our defence did when he paired with Arteta in 13/14 season right?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 19, 2016
sod09:
i can't remember d match we played ND Rambo was assign a dm role.. ..walahi d guy day compete with Giroud to score goal grin grin cheesy
#badestrambo
I miss him though
I like the guy though but never really rated him, na Giroud I no just won see for starting line up.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2016
Keky:
Same way our defence did when he paired with Arteta in 13/14 season right?
Oga this is 2016/2017 season pple can change in an hour talk more 3 seasons ago.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 5:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
An0nimus:

So you guys agree Wenger is a good coach?

Don't get it twisted. It's a case of falling from grass to sh*t

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) ... (3491) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Kenny242(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.