Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Why Do Nigerians In Diaspora Refer To Nigeria As Africa? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians In Diaspora Refer To Nigeria As Africa? (8516 Views)

Angola Overtakes Nigeria As Africa's Top Oil Producer After Pipeline Attacks / G20 Summit :south Africa Takes Back It place as Africa Largest Economy / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians In Diaspora Refer To Nigeria As Africa? by Beaf: 2:14am On Nov 28, 2011
ogajim:

I now know why I stick to the "Religion" channel on NL because it is hard enough dealing with folks there who distort the written Word let alone deal with "posers" in other channels with English comprehension skills way below 2nd grade level, omase oooooo shocked shocked shocked

I have traveled to Nigeria with an American born friend and took him from Badagry to Abeokuta to see the Olumo rock and down to ancient Benin City, dude had so much fun he wants to go back when both schedules permit.

I don't need to go into anymore here until I see what our Nigerian lover beaf has done with his Euro neighbors/hosts.

Some people aren't happy with their situation and as such tend to want to spread that to even virtual contacts, it is well and we'll keep you in our prayers.

The inability to develop statements on deman must be eating into your being, remember where there is a WILL, there is always a way.

Shalom.

I wonder if you told your Western friends out of the now legendary low-self-esteem you have shamelessly paraded here that, Abeokuta, Benin and Badagry are in "Africa," instead of Nigeria?
I wonder too if that low-self-esteem made you tell your guests that you were buying air tickets to "Africa?" I guess you must have stood atop Olumo Rock and proclaimed Abeokuta to be "Africa" as well.

Learn not to be fake and ashamed of your roots. And never ever step up in public to demand special status just because you live in the West and describe yourself as something ridiculously named as "NID's" (which for the umpteenth time, reminds me of AIDS).

I can bet my last Kobo that you are one of those fake people with names like, Peter Roger. Fake to oyibo and fake to 9ja! cry
Re: Why Do Nigerians In Diaspora Refer To Nigeria As Africa? by ogajim(m): 2:27am On Nov 28, 2011
Egbon mi, RAZISTS ni won ni bi o, They are bloody RAZISTS

shocked shocked shocked
Negro please!

No wonder you sound like a broke **s due to very BAD bets, If your behind was a shrink, I bet folks would demand refund because you won;t be any good at it, I don't have "oyinbo" name and make sure to give them the correct way to pronounce my name at any given time.

I am not mad at you, I rather feel sorry for you and pray for your quick recovery!

Drugs are bad for you no matter the rationalization and as Nancy Reagan used to say, "Just say no"cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians In Diaspora Refer To Nigeria As Africa? by Nobody: 2:40am On Nov 28, 2011
Re: Why Do Nigerians In Diaspora Refer To Nigeria As Africa? by ogajim(m): 3:10am On Nov 28, 2011
^^^
Obhiesan, obokhian, ekabo omo ara oke/ajeokuta ma mu omi  cheesy

I don't know where you guys find the kind of  Nigerians described above but I do think while some may try all they can to fake it, they might not be doing that just to forget their Nigerian part. It could be them trying to be understoof, Americans are notorious for their unwillingness to understand anything not said in the way they know it.

6 years might be relatively insuficient to sum up the behaviors of thousands of folks but it is understandble if you are speaking based on the circle you have operated in. For instance, Soccer is a give away because only "foreigners" play that game.

The point I have tried to make here is to show folks that those claiming to see Nigerians who claim Africa instead of Nigeria are DEAD wrong and DISHONEST because it is a sample of the small individual environment as opposed to the hundreds of thousands of Nigerians that live in the US for instance.

I trust a census more than some of the data available on here, just saying wink

Redskins finally won a game so Go Steelers! grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians In Diaspora Refer To Nigeria As Africa? by ogajim(m): 3:29am On Nov 28, 2011
Beaf:

I wonder if you told your Western friends out of the now legendary low-self-esteem you have shamelessly paraded here that, Abeokuta, Benin and Badagry are in "Africa," instead of Nigeria?
I wonder too if that low-self-esteem made you tell your guests that you were buying air tickets to "Africa?" I guess you must have stood atop Olumo Rock and proclaimed Abeokuta to be "Africa" as well.

Learn not to be fake and ashamed of your roots. And never ever step up in public to demand special status just because you live in the West and describe yourself as something ridiculously named as "NID'[color=#990000][/color]s" (which for the umpteenth time, reminds me of AIDS).

I can bet my last Kobo that you are one of those fake people with names like, Peter Roger. Fake to oyibo and fake to 9ja! cry

Your parents ought to demand a refund for all they spent trying to educate your behind(even if you went to one of those Jakande schools, they deserve a full refund)! You've been commenting on a thread yet it appears you never bothered to look at the title "why do NIGERIANS IN DIASPORA refer to Nigeria as Africa"

See your self now? And you were so hung up on my use of NID, you see where it came from now?
Re: Why Do Nigerians In Diaspora Refer To Nigeria As Africa? by bayfam(m): 8:50am On Sep 12, 2013
HELLO NL,
THIS IS FOR THOSE GREAT NIGERIANS STAYING OUT THEIR MOTHERLAND MEET HERE OTHERS IN DIASPORA LIKE YOU.....@

https://www./150228815141816/

BE HAPPY TO CONNECT WITH OTHERS AROUND THE WORLD, YOU CAN NEVER SAY WHO YOUR NEIGHBOUR WILL BE SO FEEL FREE TO ADD OTHERS TOO.... SEND THE MESSAGE ACCROSS AND FIND A FRIEND.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shettima Ali Monguno Released By His Abductors / NJC Bars Publication Of Petitions Against Judges / North Korea Warns Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.