Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,585 members, 7,840,400 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Achievements One Year After - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Achievements One Year After (10948 Views)

Breaking: APC Osun State Gov Rauf Aregbesola Son, Kabiru Arrested In Lagos / Gov. Rauf Aregbesola Threw Cash & Recharge Cards On His Way To APC Campaign / Governor Rauf Aregbesola Leads In Osun Gubernatorial Election - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Achievements One Year After by Beaf: 6:24pm On Nov 26, 2011

[size=14pt]Osun PDP threatens to sue Aregbesola over workers’ salaries [/size]
Sunday, 20 November 2011

Osun state chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has threatened to drag the state government to court over the non-payment of workers’ salaries and pensions of retired workers.

The party also accused the government of wasting local government funds on foreign seminars and trips that have no bearing on people’s welfare.

The party chairman, Chief Sunday Ojo Williams, in a statement said it was regrettable that workers got their September salaries only two weeks ago while October salaries were yet to be paid.

It said it might take the battle to court if only to let the government know that Osun people were not a conquered people that could be treated with disgust.

The party added that it had information that all local government chairmen in Osun state had travelled abroad to attend a seminar in Russia.

He added that while it was gathered that the chairmen were to return to Nigeria on 25 November, most of them had been out of the country for about two weeks and visited Dubai, China and several countries in Europe.

Meanwhile, a group within Osun PDP called the Integrity Group has also deplored the refusal of the government to pay pensioners in the state their October emoluments in spite of the enormous amount received from Abuja.

The group in a statement by its Chairman, Alhaji Kamorudeen Olagoke said it was callous of the state government to have asked workers to produce their primary six school leaving certificates before being paid.

While restating its support for all actions being taken by the state chapter of the party to take the state from the Action Congress of Nigeria, the PDP group stressed that the state government should stop taking the people for granted in its policies.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/news/5627-osun-pdp-threatens-to-sue-aregbesola-over-workers-salaries
Re: Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Achievements One Year After by Beaf: 6:25pm On Nov 26, 2011
[size=14pt]Osun Threatens To Sack Striking Workers[/size]
Sat, 19/11/2011 - 5:05pm | AGENCY REPORT

The Osun State Government on Friday threatened to sack striking workers of the state tertiary institutions if they refuse to resume on Nov. 21 in spite of government’s gesture.

Mr Sunday Akere, the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, issued the threat while announcing approval of 80 per cent increment of the workers’ demands in Osogbo.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that the affected workers have been on strike for more than four months to demand for improved conditions of service.

“Anybody who fails to report for duty before closing hour on Monday will be considered to have voluntarily disengaged from service.

“The benefit of such disengaged persons should be calculated on 100 per cent of the approved 200 per cent salary table,” he directed.

It will be recalled that Mr Olubisi Ige, the Public Relations Officer of Council of Academic Staff Unions, Osun State Owned Tertiary Institutions (CASUOSTI), had listed their demands.

According to him, the demands include seven per cent peculiar academic allowance and the new salary package of CONTISS 2007.

Other demands were the retirement age of 65 approved by the Federal Government and National Board for Technical Education and staff welfare.

Akere said that the arrears of the new salary scale would be paid with effect from July 1, while some other allowances had also been approved.

The Commissioner said that the retirement benefit of workers in the tertiary institutions was calculated on the basis of 100 per cent of the 2009 salary table.

He said that other contentious issues should be referred to the appropriate ministries for necessary actions as well as the need for approval from the state legislature.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/8557/2011/11/19/osun_threatens_sack_striking_workers.html
Re: Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Achievements One Year After by Beaf: 6:26pm On Nov 26, 2011
Shame on Aregbe. Lets now wait for Gbawe to come and abuse people for saying the obvious.
Aregbe is damn useless.
Re: Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Achievements One Year After by Demdem(m): 9:12pm On Nov 26, 2011
Beaf:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/news/5627-osun-pdp-threatens-to-sue-aregbesola-over-workers-salaries

First and foremost, the tribune is a useless mouth piece of that leaking umbrella. Ojo Williams is also a useless man. Don't trust his words so will have to corraborate it elsewhere.
However, concerning the workers salary, from this same useless report it seems the govt is just owning just October. One freaking month, so why the alarm? Abegii, this is not a issue at all. Come back with salary story when he owes them 3months and above. We all live and knows what is applicable in this retardeen led country of ours. Owning one month salary is no big deal.
Re: Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Achievements One Year After by Demdem(m): 9:23pm On Nov 26, 2011
Beaf:

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/8557/2011/11/19/osun_threatens_sack_striking_workers.html

You tell me how different the demands of these lecturers from that of national ASUU who are still insisting on going on strike before the end of the year if the retardeen doesn't abide by their agreement. My friend, hypocrisy isn't good.
Am not sure if aregberascal had any agreement with these guys but from this report, he has started doing something especially as per their welfare. That shows how responsible and responsive aregbe is. The workers should reciprocate by going back to their classes while discussions continue. I support this move by aregbe.
Re: Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Achievements One Year After by Beaf: 9:34pm On Nov 26, 2011
Demdem:

First and foremost, the tribune is a useless mouth piece of that leaking umbrella. Ojo Williams is also a useless man. Don't trust his words so will have to corraborate it elsewhere.
However, concerning the workers salary, from this same useless report it seems the govt is just owning just October. One freaking month, so why the alarm? Abegii, this is not a issue at all. Come back with salary story when he owes them 3months and above. We all live and knows what is applicable in this retardeen led country of ours. Owning one month salary is no big deal.

Yeah, "owning" their salaries. I guess the salaries are his! Lolz!
I would love to see a list of states where salaries are being owed and how that can be justified when the governors get free money from Abuja. I would love a list of states where the governors "own" the workers salaries month in, month out.

Aregbesola uses Osun states federal allocations to finance politics in Lagos thats why Osun's workers are perpetually owed salaries in Aregbesola's time.
Shame really.
Re: Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Achievements One Year After by Demdem(m): 9:47pm On Nov 26, 2011
Beaf:

Yeah, "owning" their salaries. I guess the salaries are his! Lolz!
I would love to see a list of states where salaries are being owed and how that can be justified when the governors get free money from Abuja. I would love a list of states where the governors "own" the workers salaries month in, month out.

Aregbesola uses Osun states federal allocations to finance politics in Lagos thats why Osun's workers are perpetually owed salaries in Aregbesola's time.
Shame really.

Of cos mistakes like that are expected especially when I am typing from my phone so don't be ridicolous and let's face the topic of discussion. More mistakes could come ( not delibrate) so please use ur brain. Not so difficult to do.
Aregbe owes them just a month so why all these cry of urs.
Re: Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Achievements One Year After by Demdem(m): 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2011
Secondly, all these ur lies about aregbe spending on lagos politics, slapping etc are basically what it is, LIES. As long as u have refused to back it up with verifiable facts that can't be disputed, they remain lies,
I won't be stupid to read such and still give my support to him. It goes beyond u saying it. Till then, enjoy using ur mouth to say whatever.
Re: Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Achievements One Year After by Areosapien(f): 10:05pm On Nov 26, 2011
For upon even OsunDefender (Gbawe's club), lies a Tribune (Beaf's mace). grin
I love this! Battle of the 'politically-sponsored newspapers'
Re: Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Achievements One Year After by Beaf: 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2011
Demdem:

Secondly, all these your lies about aregbe spending on lagos politics, slapping etc are basically what it is, LIES. As long as u have refused to back it up with verifiable facts that can't be disputed, they remain lies,
I won't be silly to read such and still give my support to him. It goes beyond u saying it. Till then, enjoy using your mouth to say whatever.

Do you want me to bring videos of the slaps or what? Aregbesola's liberal dishing out of slaps is common knowledge to all.
He randomly slaps people (including women) and refuses to pay workers their salaries.
Re: Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Achievements One Year After by Beaf: 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2011
[size=14pt]AREGBESOLA: I can never leave Lagos and Lagos can never leave me[/size]

[size=14pt]QUESTION: You are running a government in Osun and at the same time having an eye on Lagos State. Your opponents are asking why can’t you devote your attention to Osun?[/size]

GOVERNOR AREGBESOLA: I can never leave Lagos and Lagos can never leave me. I am in Osun now, who are the people you see here? Lagos people! Let us not deceive ourselves and do not allow misdirected and irrational people to deceive all of us, because nature is not artificial, it is natural; it cannot be manipulated. Therefore; how can a man operate in a state for close to 30 years and just because he has been here since November 26, 2010 he will have nothing to do with that area. Is it naturally possible? Is it possible for a man to live in a place for 30 years, and then relocate to a place for just about 10 months and severe all relationships with where he had stayed for 30 years? It does not follow logic. Those who are peddling this think if they continue it, it would attract some sympathy for them, here again they have failed. Our people are reasonable; they understand the fact of life. If my 30 years seem far-fetched, let us look at what is obvious, I came into public limelight in Lagos with my appointment as Commissioner for Works in 1999, one thing that cannot be mistaken is that you cannot attain that height in any political setting without sufficient network at the grassroots; which means I must have had grassroots network before I emerged as a commissioner. Let us just put that at 5 years of work, and 12 years of service; that is 17 years of serious political work, where will the people in my network go?

[size=14pt]QUESTION: But where does that leave the people of Osun State that you govern? Are they not being short-changed?[/size]

GOVERNOR AREGBESOLA: Are they complaining? Does it in any way affect our operation in the state? It would be an issue if the presence of visiting Lagos people here affects my effectiveness as a governor, honestly it might be an issue. But the truth is that the state had not had it this good in recent past. I work 18 hours in a day. The last government closed from office 12noon every day. So, how can you compare us? I have organised myself so well that as I am large in Lagos, I am larger in Osun. Something has proved it beyond reasonable doubt, I have Alimosho in Lagos, we won, the opposition had no answer to us; and when we went for the rally, our strength again was shown by the turnout, and when I spoke there, the whole world knew that there was somebody here. To further demonstrate that Alimosho was not a fluke, we won all the seats contested in Osun State. We give the glory to God. President Jonathan won everywhere, but when he got here, he met a brick wall. We gave Nuhu Ribadu the state.
[size=14pt]
QUESTION: Is it your long association with Lagos that has made you introduce a seemingly strange model of government to the state, a model where the Chief of Staff has more powers than the SSG, a model whereby you as the governor also holds on to the Works portfolio?[/size]

GOVERNOR AREGBESOLA: Let me tell you, we make some mistakes because of our attachment to convention and I want to beg you, you will help us and your generation by always attempting to go into the etymology of everything, don’t just take it as they present themselves. Go to the root, we introduced the office of chief of staff in the entire country and we understood what that office is. Go to Wikipediea, chief of staff is almost the governor, he controls the office of the governor; you cannot have chief of staff and have any other operation outside what we have given out there, but because those who copy this thing didn’t know anything, they didn’t seek knowledge, they just operated blindly. We are operating government as it should be, it has nothing to do with individual, it is simply a question of how government must be. Don’t believe me, search for knowledge. There is nothing Lagos about it, it is about if you are executive, what is the format, the chief of staff takes responsibility for the governor, in fact for the governorate including the deputy governor. We understood what we wanted for our administration and we structured it the way we want and it’s giving us the result that we want and you will see the impact. Our governance will totally be unconventional. Let me tell you one that has not even happened in Lagos, we created a Bureau of Communication and Strategy; no government has ever had anything like that. The best that was had was a Chief Press Secretary.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=20016

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-774228.0.html
Re: Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Achievements One Year After by Demdem(m): 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2011
Areosapien:

For upon even OsunDefender (Gbawe's club), lies a Tribune (Beaf's mace). grin
I love this! Battle of the 'politically-sponsored newspapers'

The opening post, the intro for this thread came from none of the above.
Re: Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Achievements One Year After by Demdem(m): 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2011
Beaf:

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=20016

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-774228.0.html

You are so pridictable. I knew u will recycle this again. grin
Oga, nothin from this report suggests to the unbiased mind he uses osun funds to finance lagos politics.
I know u wouldn't want me to bring back threads where these issues were thrashed.
Re: Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Achievements One Year After by Demdem(m): 10:22pm On Nov 26, 2011
Beaf:

Do you want me to bring videos of the slaps or what? Aregbesola's liberal dishing out of slaps is common knowledge to all.
He randomly slaps people (including women) and refuses to pay workers their salaries.

Common knowledge to who that tribune won't publish? Common, u are wiser than this. These are basically frigments of ur imaginations. It's baseless.
As per not paying salaries, ur report says he owes one month. He hasn't said he won't pay? Aregbe is still right in order.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bayelsa Police Commissioner Refuses To Retire. - "Im Telling You I'm Not Going!" / Atiku: Tinubu Must Not Fiddle With Nigeria’s Pension Funds Asset / Soon, We Shall All Be Trekking- Reuben Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.