Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply (5205 Views)

Fashola Mocked On Twitter For Blaming GEJ Over Lekki Robbery With #fasholajoker / Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp / World Bank Chief Cautions GEJ Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by Beaf: 4:58am On Nov 25, 2011
[size=14pt]Anambra Assembly Commends Jonathan Over Power[/size]
Fri, 25/11/2011 - 1:12am | DAVID -CHYDDY ELEKE

President Goodluck Jonathan has received commendation from members of the Anambra State House of Assembly over his plans to commence a pilot scheme for uninterrupted power supply in Nigeria using seven states as a test case.

The lawmakers also expressed their joy that Anambra State was included in the first seven States for the pilot scheme and called on the Federal Ministry of  Power to ensure that the President’s dream of steady power supply was achieved.

Hon Tony Oneweek Muonagor, in a motion seconded by Hon. Rita Maduagwu and unanimously adopted by the entire House, yesterday, commended President Jonathan and said that the singular act of boosting power supply in the country would impact positively on the economy.

“Imagine what will happen to most of the companies that had folded up some years back due to epileptic power supply, it will go a long way towards resuscitating the moribund companies thereby enhancing employment of youths”, Muonagor said.

Hon. Gabriel Onyenweife, Hon. Tony Ezekwelu and other members of the House expressed regret that for years, communities in their constituency had not felt the impact of electricity and had resorted to the use of generating sets.

The lawmakers also expressed optimism that with constant power supply, ailing industries in both Onitsha and Nnewi would spring to life again.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/8951/2011/11/25/anambra_assembly_commends_jonathan_over_power.html
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by efisher(m): 5:42am On Nov 25, 2011
Pls do u have the details of the pilot scheme? I am very interested in this. Thanks
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by EkoIle1: 6:05am On Nov 25, 2011
lol @ useless lawmakers passing resolution to commend what doesn't exist and what they themselves can not describe.

I wonder wetin den go do if it actually exist,
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by okosodo: 6:26am On Nov 25, 2011
Nigerians are comedians
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by odumchi: 7:41am On Nov 25, 2011
Progress one step at a time. Anambra show us that you are the light of the nation.
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by EzeUche(m): 8:08am On Nov 25, 2011
Why Anambra? He should start with a PDP controlled south-east state like Abia or Enugu. angry
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by Demdem(m): 8:25am On Nov 25, 2011
Useless Lawmakers commending the retardeen on yet another plan they themselves cant even explained.
Nonsense.
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by feelamong(m): 8:36am On Nov 25, 2011
I LAUGH IN SWAHILI, SEBI NA TONY ONE WEEK PASS THE MOTION FOR THE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY,

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU GET FOR ELECTING COMEDIANS INTO SERIOUS BUSINESS OFFICES,

HOW CAN A SERIOUS MINDED PERSON BE COMMENDING THE FGN OVER A PILOT PLAN THAT EVEN THE MINUTEST DETAILS HAVE NOT BEEN KNOWN??

OK, THE ROAD MAP TO POWER THAT WAS LAUNCHED THE OTHER TIME WITH SO MUCH POMP HAVE FAILED ACCORDING TO PROF BART NNAJI AND THE CLOWNS IN ANAMBRA EVEN HAD THE EFFONTERY TO THANK GEJ AND HIS CO TRAVELLERS FOR A RUBBISH PLAN THAT WOULD NOT EVEN SEE THE LIGHT IN THE NEXT 12YRS, YUCK! shocked I WEEP FOR ANAMBRS STATE MY BELOVED LAND! cry
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by atasteve: 10:18am On Nov 25, 2011
This is a good step if well implemented.

NL members from Anambra, how is electricity over there?
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 25, 2011
Commending a PILOT scheme that has not even taken off?
Sycophancy of the highest order.
Seriously is this the most important and pressing resolution the Anambra state house of Assembly could come up with right now?
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:23am On Nov 25, 2011
atasteve:

its either u are blind or too mumu to comprehend the posts above

@op, its for u to report mumu news like this. free internet syndrome shey?
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by blacksta(m): 10:28am On Nov 25, 2011
Nigerians have been so ravaged by abnormalities - that we dont even know what to commend again. In country where the police chief gets an award despite massive insecurity. Now we have some attention idioots who have misplaced priorities passing a useless motion. I tire for this country sef.
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by silibaba: 10:44am On Nov 25, 2011
i am currently living in anambra for the past two years, and i think there is progress when it come to the issue of electricity. there is always light but not uninterrupted.

think there is improvement. you can come and see for yourself

up JONATHAN cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 25, 2011
So Tony Oneweek is now an honorable,
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by seanet02: 10:58am On Nov 25, 2011
Power Destruction Panel
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by Okijajuju1(m): 11:01am On Nov 25, 2011
^^^

Isnt it too early to be high?!

@ Topic

Onwa december senators

I laff in Keggites!
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by scopusng(m): 11:29am On Nov 25, 2011
Fooools. period
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by cristog120: 11:32am On Nov 25, 2011
EzeUche:

Why Anambra? He should start with a PDP controlled south-east state like Abia or Enugu. angry

i wonder why you think mostly with your anus.dont you know what nnewi and onitsha stand for in this country? i owe you no explanation.party sentiments should not be exercised by any leader who truely wants to get his priorities right
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by JimmyBoy1: 11:42am On Nov 25, 2011
I have toured all eastern states this year and I know that hotels I lodged are always on generator. So I don't know where this story is comming from.
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by Kx: 11:44am On Nov 25, 2011
Comedy in the anambra house of assembly, little wonder the motion was moved by Tony One Week
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2011
silibaba:

i am currently living in anambra for the past two years, and i think there is progress when it come to the issue of electricity. there is always light but not uninterrupted.

good for you
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by egift(m): 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

lol @ useless lawmakers passing resolution to commend what doesn't exist and what they themselves can not describe.

I wonder wetin den go do if it actually exist,

They will donate their wives "One Week" each for Presido to drilled. Evil politicians

I was at Awka weeks ago. Spent my stay in darkness.
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by Furst: 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2011
That time has come friends. Not a time to complain, not a time to whine. This is a time to take action. I believe we are all made for more than a mediocre existence. I do not believe in suffering and smiling. I believe in u and me, I believe in the power of our collective efforts. I believe that together we can make a difference. We must give our children something better! If u've ever wanted to be President, If u've ever wanted to be a governor, If u've ever wanted to be minister or a commissioner, If all you've ever wanted is a Nigeria you can truly be proud of, then your time has come! We must act now before our home is ruined completely!
Get up my friends! The time is NOW!!!

With everyone's help, we can build a movement for change. A voice that will be heard. It all begins with you. Join and add ten friends today, lets grow, lets make our voice louder. We need 2500 members to hold our first rally. It begins wit the friend u add.

Rise Comrades! Our destiny is in our hands. Lets take it!

U and me are meant for something more, something extraordinary, something GREAT!

Don't delay. Join now!

Group name: Naija Activists
Address: http://www./9jactivists/
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by Torch1(m): 2:09pm On Nov 25, 2011
There is a progress in power supply in Anambra state, in my town(Ozubulu) we are having light from 10pm to 7pm i.e upto 20hrs a day, though not uninterupted. I dnt know abt Onitsha, Nnewi etc,
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by solomon111(m): 2:55pm On Nov 25, 2011
What do you expect from a state where senseless comedians are elected into power.Imagine tonyoneweek in the U.S congress.LMAO
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by gregg2: 3:21pm On Nov 25, 2011
Don't crucify Tony one week for speaking the truth.
He belongs to the opposition party (ACN) and could not have voiced that if actually
electricity supply has not improved under GEJ

Let's not allow our hatred for federal government becloud our assessment of electricity
supply across the country.

In my area, (I live in Lagos) power supply has improved by over 200% under GEJ's administration.
It is interrupted 3-4 times a day but restored soon thereafter.
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:23pm On Nov 25, 2011
solomon111:

What do you expect from a state where senseless comedians are elected into power.Imagine tonyoneweek in the U.S congress.LMAO

^^^The sad fact is that politics in Nigeria is a game of survival of the fittest (or 'badest') hence it's been hijacked by thugs and people bereft of ideas. Visionless gangsters, in the game just for what they can get out of it. Decent ones are few and far between.

Imagine, giving our history of not seeing through with projects and ideas, some people are now in a hurry to give praise for what is yet to be actualised.
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by AZeD1(m): 3:51pm On Nov 25, 2011
The OP of this thread calls a governor the worst in nigeria for doing "nothing" and opens a thread where Retadeen is commended for doing "nothing",
Beaf do you know the meaning of the word hypocrite
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by Relax101(m): 3:57pm On Nov 25, 2011
atasteve:

silibaba:

Torch1:

There is a progress in power supply in Anambra state, in my town(Ozubulu) we are having light from 10pm to 7pm i.e upto 20hrs a day, though not uninterupted. I dnt know abt Onitsha, Nnewi etc, 

solomon111:

You are the fool here. Is there anything wrong with the profession?
We all know some people elect motor touts as Lawmakers or Governors.
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by Bawss1(m): 4:27pm On Nov 25, 2011
Misleading Title. The thread should have read Anambra Assembly commends GEJ over Power scheme.
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by solomon111(m): 4:33pm On Nov 25, 2011
Relax101:

You are the fool here. Is there anything wrong with the profession?
We all know some people elect motor touts as Lawmakers or Governors.
Can u tell me his qualifications that waranted his elections.Oh,because people elect touts,then you should.You must be the most stup.id clown in existence.He was only elected because of his cheap popularity.BUNCH OF EMPTY SKULLS.SMH
Re: Anambra Assembly Commends GEJ Over Uninterrupted Power Supply by Zi: 4:42pm On Nov 25, 2011
Pls I live in Awka (state capital). D area is GRA phase1, just a stone throw (no very close) (no very very very close) to/from d govt house. The bargain we meet here is that we hv one day ON, d next day OFF. Even at that, they fluctuate light too much on our day ON, infact some times dey take it d whole day. We run on gens almost 80% of d nights (btw 6pm & 11pm), I mean even on our day ON. Two weeks ago, phase 3 people came together & paid 400k to PHCN, so they were automatically connected to industrial line (24/7). Two weeks into that, they too resumed complaining.
PHCN is pathetic!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of Pastor Chris Birthday Celebration With Naija Politicians / Former NLC President, & PDP Chieftain Pascal Bafyau Is Dead / Breaking News:Fayose Fights Ecobank Dirty,Ecobank Leaves Ekiti For Now..photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.