Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,487 members, 7,958,480 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:18 PM

I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon (12535 Views)

Abubakar Audu: I’m Happy The Monster Died – Sugabelly Narrates ‘torment’ With Fa / I’m Happy To See Displaced Nigerians Return Home –jonathan / Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Onlytruth(m): 5:25am On Nov 28, 2011
lagcity:

That's the same mistake Ojukwu and Igbos make over and over again. You people are supposed to be smart yet you've not learned that underestimating your opponent is the beginning of folly. Imagine someone calling Hassan Katsina half witted.

Yes he was half witted because the war was unnecessary. Nigeria could have solved all issues without war. In fact that was where things were headed after Aburi, until Hassan Katsina and Murtala struck. If Gowon was courageous enough, he would have implemented Aburi as signed and averted a war that killed 2 million Nigerians. A war that WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN and may eventually play a role in Nigeria's disintegration.
They won the battle, but I doubt they won the war because the issues are still there while the "victors" suffer from delusion of grandiosity.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Onlytruth(m): 6:01am On Nov 28, 2011
^^

To support my asserting that Ojukwu never wanted war as first option, this is his quote on it:

“It is only those who have not been involved in a war, that will always push war as the first solution to any problem. War does not solve, it cowers but the problem remains.”

-Emeka Ojukwu

cool cool cool
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Nobody: 6:02am On Nov 28, 2011
Wisdomxy:

Please respect the man who took the decision over 42years ago when you were not probably born, that Nigeria must remain one and not divided the way many have been clamoring for. I will like you to understand that if Biafra had succeeded, you probably will have been an alien in Nigeria by now requiring visa to come to Nigeria or Arewa Republic and or Niger Delta Republic or the Odua Republic. Gen. Gowon(Go on with one Nigeria) has expressed his mind by showing that Ojukwu died as a Nigerian and not a Biafran and revealed how he had reconciled with the Ikemba Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu(May his Soul rest in peace).Truly Gowon is a true nationalist and a true Nigerian who deserves more honour than he is getting from me and you.Let me remind you that the late Ikemba fought for a just cause and did that selflessly, but how many of these our boot licking politicians who are claiming to be kith and kins of the Ikemba are ready to die for their people the way Ikemba did during the Nigerian/Biafran civil convulsions.I adjure you to read in between lines and see the statement Gen.Gowon made is not in anyway derogatory.
I quite agree with you on fighting to keep the unity but, what he is on about with that expression at the face of a deceased colleague is more of a threat than good. That should have been an opportunity to send a well expressed condolence to the family of the decease. There is a clear warning behind that statement, which shouldn't have been in this case because everybody dies sometime. We should learn to show prudence in many ways not to hurt the feelings of others .
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by dayokanu(m): 6:13am On Nov 28, 2011
Gowon overcame Ojuku despite the war he fought.

Well Ojuku accepted his Nigerianess by joining the National Party of NIGERIA immediately he came back from exile
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:16am On Nov 28, 2011
dayokanu:

Gowon overcame Ojuku despite the war he fought.

Well Ojuku accepted his Nigerianess by joining the National Party of NIGERIA immediately he came back from exile

Whether Ojukwu is Nigerian was never an issue, the killings that goes on in Nigeria till this day was the issue. That comment from Gowon is daft and alot of comments here from tribalist are also daft.

Ojukwu joined the Nigerian Army not Biafra Army. nuff said!
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:35am On Nov 28, 2011
CyberG (m)
CA CyberSpace

Funny thing is most people castigating Gowon were not even born then. In fact, you can't look him in the eye and tell him your BS. Heck, you can't even get close to him to spout your hate but hiding away behind your computer and in your mother's basement, parent's house or underground in a shack, you like to run your mouth?

Again a very wrong assumption becos there are people that will do more than tell him BS. Only Igbo women 'give birth to real men' that are not push over and scared. We have warriors in abundance. Who is Gowon? Who will celebrate/mourn his death? Certainly not his people that are almost exterminated in Plateau. Gowon is really some illiterate bullet head.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:56am On Nov 28, 2011
[url=http://Wisdomxy (m)

Please respect the man who took the decision over 42years ago when you were not probably born, that Nigeria must remain one and not divided the way many have been clamoring for. I will like you to understand that i[b]f Biafra had succeeded, you probably will have been an alien in Nigeria by now requiring visa to come to Nigeria or Arewa Republic and or Niger Delta Republic or the Odua Republic.[/b] Gen. Gowon(Go on with one Nigeria) has expressed his mind by showing that Ojukwu died as a Nigerian and not a Biafran and revealed how he had reconciled with the Ikemba Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu(May his Soul rest in peace).Truly [b]Gowon is a true nationalist and a true Nigerian who deserves more honour than he is getting from me and you.[/b]Let me remind you that the late Ikemba fought for a just cause and did that selflessly, but how many of these our boot licking politicians who are claiming to be kith and kins of the Ikemba are ready to die for their people the way Ikemba did during the Nigerian/Biafran civil convulsions.I adjure you to read in between lines and see the statement Gen.Gowon made is not in anyway derogatory.

As a Nigerian, i have never visited any other African country and not interested, so why would I be interested in an Arewa visa or Odua visa or Nigeria Visa, wen the best of Nigeria has broken away. Abeg talk betta. We should never have been an entity in the first place without Britain.

As for Gowon nationalist and true Nigerian  dat should be limited to his own people not 3million igbo's dat died. Karma is a dangerous aura and his plateau people haven't seen nothing yet.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by namfav(m): 7:09am On Nov 28, 2011
shocked the same men that got pushed over, ran away scared in the war, including ojukwu who ran away in womens clothings

Bliss4Lyfe:

Again a very wrong assumption becos there are people that will do more than tell him BS. Only Igbo women 'give birth to real men' that are not push over and scared. We have warriors in abundance. Who is Gowon? Who will celebrate/mourn his death? Certainly not his people that are almost exterminated in Plateau. Gowon is really some illiterate bullet head.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 28, 2011
Even though Gowon mocks Ojukwu, by saying "He Died A Nigerian" History remembers and will remember more of  the courage of a man who saw tomorrow, the Ojukwu Himself, remains a hero in the minds of the Biafrans and the friends of Biafrans, Nigeria has no friends, even the international community despise the name Nigeria
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 28, 2011
Have you heard Ojukwu's interviews and speeches ? He was wisdom personified. There is no single Nigerian Head of State that can match that Intelligence. Not even the nomads who make up the larger part of the contraption called Nigga Area
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 28, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

As a Nigerian, i have never visited any other African country and not interested, so why would I be interested in an Arewa visa or Odua visa or Nigeria Visa, wen the best of Nigeria has broken away. Abeg talk betta. We should never have been an entity in the first place without Britain.

As for Gowon nationalist and true Nigerian  dat should be limited to his own people not 3million igbo's dat died. Karma is a dangerous aura and his plateau people haven't seen nothing yet.

I see a Yoruba husband in your future.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Domwiz4all(m): 7:34am On Nov 28, 2011
Rest In Peace
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by emmke(m): 7:56am On Nov 28, 2011
Gowon ur people love u. We are with u cos we understand ur actions in the 60's. Now to all those shouting plateau people are killed on a daily basis, ah, u dont know what u saying. Dont have time to explain all that is happening here, but tons of ur brothers are still here. And i bet u would hardly find a plateau man in the east, except on national duty. Simply means ur brothers still find here more livable and we know our plateau is just too beautiful. We are fighting and we aint losing, a more reason why ur igbo peeps are still hanging around. If we are losing, they'd have fled long ago. Plateau man through and through
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by asha80(m): 7:58am On Nov 28, 2011
emmke:

Gowon your people love u. We are with u cos we understand your actions in the 60's. Now to all those shouting plateau people are killed on a daily basis, ah, u dont know what u saying. Dont have time to explain all that is happening here, but tons of your brothers are still here. And i bet u would hardly find a plateau man in the east, except on national duty. Simply means your brothers still find here more livable and we know our plateau is just too beautiful. We are fighting and we aint losing, a more reason why your igbo peeps are still hanging around. If we are losing, they'd have fled long ago. Plateau man through and through

cannot really survive there so is expected.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by freecocoa(f): 8:02am On Nov 28, 2011
God bless you Aigbofa,is this gowon mad or what,is he not in nigeria,is he ignorant of boko haram?imagine the rubbish,nigerians will not take up arms against, "That old foool is crazy.nansense.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by emmke(m): 8:08am On Nov 28, 2011
asha 80:

cannot really survive there so is expected.
wow is the east that terrible? And are u also implying that ur peeps here cant really survive there? Dont get u
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by emmke(m): 8:13am On Nov 28, 2011
ignorant folks here. I bet if u hear 20 dead in plateau clashes, you assume all the casualties are plateau indigenes. Very Ignorant peeps here but the keep typing as if they are here on the Plateau.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by kokoA(m): 8:17am On Nov 28, 2011
Well, there is little I can contribute to this because I was born during the eighties long after  the war, but instead of young Nigerians of my generation taking sides with these old men (failures) we knew nothing about we should concentrate more on engaging our present crop of leaders in ideological warfare to get the best for this country. If we must remain as one then we must fight bad leadership collectively, on the other hand, if we must split then we should get to it and do it quietly without blood shed. I am tired of all these ibo this, hausa that, yoruba this, etc
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Ihengote: 8:34am On Nov 28, 2011
Bleep dat moder fucker for making dat fucking statement,
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 28, 2011
a senile dementia symptom
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by nagoma(m): 8:50am On Nov 28, 2011
Bliss4life

That may be helpful to your ego but the facts on the ground do not confirm your views as true. Ignorance is a bliss and I wish you blisss for life.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by thoth: 8:58am On Nov 28, 2011
It is a pity that true history is not thought anymore in Nigeria.
Ojukwu did all he could through the Aburi accord to avoid going to war,witness accounts that Gowon accepted the terms while at Ghana. Britain was the one that pushed him and others to reject it and advised on a war strategy assuring full support. It was just seven years after independence and nigerians were highly nationalistic,patriotic and anti-colonialist and plunging nigeria into war was the only option left for the brits to subvert the nationalist and unified mindset of the young nation. During and after the war the neocolonialist agents and actors were firmly embedded in nigeria and they got ready for a second round of plundering which continues to this day.
Gowon fails to admit he has been used to this day fearing what it might upset, he also ignores the benefit of such pronouncement to the largly ignorant nation which is continually exploited with the same neocolonialist machine that was installded during and after the civil war.
Considering the comments in the post i believe it is more important now than ever that people are exposed to the alternate and more factual political consciousness instead of manipulated ,doctored and hearsay history they are USED to.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by otondo55: 9:06am On Nov 28, 2011
Gowon remains the biggest fool ever, after all these years he still makes silly statement.

The Spirit is what you will never kill!

Rest In Perfect Peace, Ikemba !
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by texazzpete(m): 9:19am On Nov 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Gowon was even a coward because[b] he allowed half witted Hassan Katsina[/b] and bloodthirsty Murtala to push him around and plunge the country into a 3 year bloodbath which will NEVER be forgotten.

Hassan Katsina only became the CoAS AFTER the Civil War had begun. Did you mean to refer to Joe Akahan?
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by emmke(m): 9:23am On Nov 28, 2011
igbos here just wishing all sorts of evil on plateau people. Smh
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by UkEmmaxin(m): 9:24am On Nov 28, 2011
[flash=200,200]http://What is yaKobo gawan? Is it a cow or fowl? Cant remember! :/[/flash]

He fought and He won whatever you called him He is a great man in the HISTORY of Nigeria EVER and FOREVER>>
and Nigeria will be ONE forever>>>That is our CONTEST,

Shame on, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by emmke(m): 9:25am On Nov 28, 2011
igbos can u just leave plateau people the bleep alone? What's wrong with u people? U just seem to hate everyone yet u keep flocking into the same people's land. Why are u always trying so hard to be hated by everyone?
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 28, 2011
I see so many poster's trying to apologise for Ojukwu in his death when He never apologised to anyone in his lifetime.

If Mr Gowon really intends to show forth his achievement and supposedly right decisions, He should not just point to Ojukwu dying a Nigerian, but how great this cesspit has become due to his great actions.

[size=14pt]Lets hope Gowon dies a Nigerian! [/size]
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Drzak(m): 9:37am On Nov 28, 2011
Thats one thing I hate about Nairaland, moderators are not working. One will make simple statement , and u see a. Bunch of critics and skeptics blooming their angers unnecessarily . Search for his contact and direct ur grievances to whosoever and not to his fans , Stop heating up minor tins ,

1 Like

Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Kx: 9:42am On Nov 28, 2011
Little wonder there is no unity and peace in the land.
How can an elder state man make this kind of statement?
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by TRUTHTELA: 9:43am On Nov 28, 2011
I cannot believe the IGNORANCE of people. How come young people refuse to see ask questions and see things objectively? OJUKWU is BAD. Ibos lost the war. Ibos are marginalized. IBOS are everything bad you can think of, Have you asked yourself who is the HERO in Nigeria & what are his legacies. Gowon has a bigger war going On at the back of his house. Has the civil war ended in Jos? Nigerian federation defeated Biafra in 1970, from that date till today? Where is the PEACE? where is the PROGRESS? All the people that saw EVIL during the civil war & said that it is GOOD. How did they end up? Ibos LOST the war, but Northern Nigeria remains the WRETCHED of the earth. SOUTHWEST did not lose any war, Obasanjo ruled for 8years, whatever lacks interms of development inn the SOUTHEAST, is in abundance in the SOUTHWEST. You speak ill of Ojukwu, this same Ojukwu asked a QUESTION in 1966, "Why Brig. Babafemi Ogundipe will not take charge of Nigeria. Ogundipe was Ironsi's deputy & going by military command,he was suppose to take over, but it did not happen & Ojukwu asked WHY

Show me who is a Nigerian, and I will show you who is a COWARD, POVERTY STRICKEN, UNDERDEVELOPED, LIVES IN DARKNESS, UNHAPPY, A TABOO IN THE EYES OF THE INT'L COMMUNITY and will FOREVER BE HELD HOSTAGE by the same forces that Ojukwu and Nzeogwu fought.

Ojukwu is THIS & THAT, but, how far have you, your family, tribe & the Nigeria country fared better after the civil war?? Tell me one LEGACY Obasanjo left for the yourbas or how much did he empower the yourba race? People that are suppose to BURY their head in SHAME, FEW HAUSA/FULANI enslaved you all. You all will continue to live in MISERY called Nigeria. Ojukwu has done his BIT

FYI, Ojukwu was born RICH, it is on RECORD & was never in WANT before he died. Obasanjo & his likes were born poor, and have been stealing piblic funds all their lives. If Obasanjo walk on the street, people will stone him.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by texazzpete(m): 10:04am On Nov 28, 2011
TRUTHTELA:

I cannot believe the IGNORANCE of people. How come young people refuse to see ask questions and see things objectively? OJUKWU is BAD. Ibos lost the war. Ibos are marginalized. IBOS are everything bad you can think of, Have you asked yourself who is the HERO in Nigeria & what are his legacies. Gowon has a bigger war going On at the back of his house. Has the civil war ended in Jos? Nigerian federation defeated Biafra in 1970, from that date till today? Where is the PEACE? where is the PROGRESS? All the people that saw EVIL during the civil war & said that it is GOOD. How did they end up? Ibos LOST the war, but Northern Nigeria remains the WRETCHED of the earth. SOUTHWEST did not lose any war, Obasanjo ruled for 8years, whatever lacks interms of development inn the SOUTHEAST, is in abundance in the SOUTHWEST. You speak ill of Ojukwu, this same Ojukwu asked a QUESTION in 1966, "Why Brig. Babafemi Ogundipe will not take charge of Nigeria. Ogundipe was Ironsi's deputy & going by military command,he was suppose to take over, but it did not happen & Ojukwu asked WHY

Show me who is a Nigerian, and I will show you who is a COWARD, POVERTY STRICKEN, UNDERDEVELOPED, LIVES IN DARKNESS, UNHAPPY, A TABOO IN THE EYES OF THE INT'L COMMUNITY and will FOREVER BE HELD HOSTAGE by the same forces that Ojukwu and Nzeogwu fought.

Ojukwu is THIS & THAT, but, how far have you, your family, tribe & the Nigeria country fared better after the civil war?? Tell me one LEGACY Obasanjo left for the yourbas or how much did he empower the yourba race? People that are suppose to BURY their head in SHAME, FEW HAUSA/FULANI enslaved you all. You all will continue to live in MISERY called Nigeria. Ojukwu has done his BIT

FYI, Ojukwu was born RICH, it is on RECORD & was never in WANT before he died. Obasanjo & his likes were born poor, and have been stealing piblic funds all their lives. If Obasanjo walk on the street, people will stone him.

Yes, because the Biafran territory was bound to be a bastion of peace, equality and heaven on earth.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who lionizes Kaduna Nzeogwu and his murderous cohorts must be insane. Their actions were perhaps the critical trigger to the civil war. Are you so hesitant to blame one of your own?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG / Calls For Restructuring Suspicious –presidency / Top 10 Richest Politicians In Nigeria 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.