Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,405 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon (12420 Views)

Abubakar Audu: I’m Happy The Monster Died – Sugabelly Narrates ‘torment’ With Fa / I’m Happy To See Displaced Nigerians Return Home –jonathan / Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Wislet(f): 10:36am On Nov 28, 2011
Even till today, Nigerian leaders refuse to be their own decision makers. Foreigners will tell u how to run ur country, and u think they have ur best interest at heart. All the nations and leaders that have caused disunity and rancour in other nations will never know peace.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by ICHINONYE(m): 10:41am On Nov 28, 2011
ojukwu my hero
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Baawaa(m): 10:43am On Nov 28, 2011
That is Aboki for u
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by kjhova(m): 10:45am On Nov 28, 2011
Pheeew!! Extremely hot arguments here!
Maybe we (Nigerians) are not really one people. If we are gonna split, into how many enclaves shall we? How do we know that the local elites of whatever splits we create will not quickly organize themselves into the ruling/stealing/thieving cabal? I would wish Biafra well if it survived. But we would never know what could have become of that nation. Seeing what national heroes like Mugabe, Museveni & Ghaddafi turned out to be, how do we know the Ikemba would not have metamorphosed into a power drunk "mongrel"?? I doubt if Biafra would have gone wrong thou, but you just never know.
Lets be happy and try a little to help Nigeria forward. Its the same duty that would be required of us even as Biafrans, Oduans, Arewas, Ogonis, Ijaws etc.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by kpolli(m): 11:26am On Nov 28, 2011
which unity of Nigeria? Which kain lie be that?
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Zab: 11:37am On Nov 28, 2011
GOWON YOU ARE CLOWN. WHICH NIGERIA? NIGERIA ONLY BELONGS TO THE POLITICAL CLASS. NIGERIANS ARE NOT HAPPY WITH WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE COUNTRY.

BECAUSE YOU USURPED POWER DOES NOT MAKE YOU POPULAR. THANK GOD YOUR IMMEDIATE CONSTITUENCY RUBBISHED YOU DURING THE POPULAR PROFESSOR HUMPHREY NWOSU OPTION A4.

SHAME TO YOU
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by humblebee: 12:10pm On Nov 28, 2011
"Former Head of State, Gen Yakubu Gowon has described late Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu as a great Nigerian who believed so much in the unity of the country."

im so disappointed in this man, sounds mentally derailed, how can he say Ojukwu believed so much in the unity of the country
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 28, 2011
Gowon you are a BIG FOOOLL!!.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by namfav(m): 12:41pm On Nov 28, 2011
^^^^ grin grin sore losers all of them
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by SamMilla1(m): 12:58pm On Nov 28, 2011
s.illy old goat. even niger republic is relatively more peaceful than us. you could have seen that we have too many differences to succeed as one nation. your people are being killed daily. ojukwu won election with apga in a pdp dominated SE. you gowon lost in your constituency, that is how much ur people love u. if ojukwu walks in plateau state,ur people will shiver and run but if you walk in igboland: people will not recognize u and those who did will spat on you. one nigeria my foot
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by kholis(m): 1:03pm On Nov 28, 2011
Gowon should bury his head in shame and stop making public comments henceforth. He made a historical mistake and he knows it. Posterity will never forgive him. NONESENSE!
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by noiseless: 2:58pm On Nov 28, 2011
@gowon,so those "some people who didnt want you to make peace with Ojukwu even though you wanted to" and yet you went ahead and made peace with him.I suppose those same people and their kids are the ones bullying you around til today that they can butcher and roast your people and others like none northerners with impunity right? No doubt the same people could be also responsible for this your nonsense comment by their useual threat of bully and holding you and your family hostage indirectly in the form of boko haram bombing threat,no wonder you cant even say anything in regard to the deaths of thousands of the same your so called "uno nigga-anus"(1 naija-anus)lol listen mr. why dont you do what is best for your own people at this critical time and speak out against the lack of right to live which is being used against your own kinsman and others,dont leave the struggle for the plateau state governor alone so you can protect your legacy by not "upseting those who are pushing or threatening you with bomb",and also dont worry about what some people may say in regard to any "u turn" just speak out to save your people if you really care for them,or you relocate to a more conducive environment where you can speak freely and challenge the menace against your people instead.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by otondo55: 3:00pm On Nov 28, 2011
Nigeria remains a joke even your so called allies that pushed you to war, are making mockery of you till date.

At the mention on your name, all security ties are alert, we are never one and are not meant to be one !

Ojukwu lives on, the spirit will never die !

Rest In Perfect Peace, Ikemba !
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by noiseless: 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2011
r.i.p the lion and thank you for the love you have shown to us,and thank you very much, god bless you for standing up for that black woman against the idiotic white colonial teacher at the age of 11 and standing for us through out your life,sleep well the lion general.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by ebere1712: 4:20pm On Nov 28, 2011
If he doesn't die too soon, he might end up dying as an enslaved arewa. Time will tell angry
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by nagoma(m): 5:00pm On Nov 28, 2011
"Former Head of State, Gen Yakubu Gowon has described late Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu as a great Nigerian who believed so much in the unity of the country."

Yes but after some 30 months of not too gentle persuation.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by asha80(m): 6:22pm On Nov 28, 2011
emmke i simply meant they cannot survive there because your people have to be recongnised in a kind of business easterners are not into to survive there like the numerous hausas there.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by nagoma(m): 7:25pm On Nov 28, 2011
@noiseless

Within your confused posting you seem to be advising Gowon to relocate from Nigeria. You are loser just like Ojukwu. Gowon is too much a Nigerian to run away to another country. You have no understanding of the crises in Jos.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by nsiadi: 7:30pm On Nov 28, 2011
Gowon is no more relevant in Nigeria
Other people were talking sense & he is opening mouth too much
Mossob & Biafra spirit will continue to hunt him & his cohorts who still think like him
If he knows he is great let him douse the fire ignited by his brothers in his backyard
The spirit of those massacred Biafrans, during the pogrom, will continue to hunt them al.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by CasCas2: 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2011
that caption sounded sacarstic to me!! just saying, lipsrsealed
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by noiseless: 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2011
Ah!Can you not see that the man opens his and give comments as if a gun was pointed to his head? honestly the man is trying to tell people that there are some brutal forces which have been and still trying to stop him from doing what he thinks is best now,when he said some people didnt want him to make peace with ojukwu,so with that in mind one can not help but believe that the man doesnt feel free at all,my opinion anyway.
nagoma:

@noiseless

Within your confused posting you seem to be advising Gowon to relocate from Nigeria. You are loser just like Ojukwu. Gowon is too much a Nigerian to run away to another country. You have no understanding of the crises in Jos.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2011
Gowon can continue to delude himself that Ojukwu died "A Nigerian". Hahahaha.

The Ojukwu we know is a die hard Biafran even in death.
Will Biafra emerge? Yes and Yes. If not now then later.

One thing I am sure of this; the jihardists will not stop in their chase of an "utopia of forceful Islamisation and implementation of the menace called Sharia".

And one thing i know is this:

Nigeria is not one country, has never been and obviously, will never be.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by ikennahill: 8:31pm On Nov 28, 2011
well after all said and done Nigeria is not a nation. The fact of the matter is that the ibos fought two super powers Uk and ussr not Nigeria. if left to fight with the real Nigeria the Ibos would have triumphed nevertheless even with two supper power the war lasted 3yrs. i can understand how Yorubas feel.The never saw war.If Biafra had bombed town in SW maybe they will understand what war is.Awolowo that was released from Biafran prison later used starvation as instrument of war.after the war he gave each Ibo man 20 pounds to start life.Today even without Govt presence ibos are trying, the politics of Jamb brought about state universities,Esut was the first.The same Awolowo came to Aba to campaign just few years after the civil war and the man that said he can win even without the vote of ibos lost and he lost to 2/3 majority.Nigeria exist as a paper nation.can u contest election in sokoto if u are not from there,can you be given appointment in states not urs.we voted along ethnic origin and today if somebody is appointed to an office, custom immigration, etc the fisrt question people ask is where is he from.

He may die a "nigerian" but he is a Biafran and the first president of Biafra.One day in future we shall have our state of biafra .ibos are not good, ibos are this ,they are that YET u dont wana leave them to Go No matter how long it took isrealites to be slaves in Egypt a day came and they left Egypt and another day came and they entered their promise land.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by emmke(m): 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2011
@asha cant help but agree with u. My people aint the best in business. Now i got u.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by dayokanu(m): 9:02pm On Nov 28, 2011
noblezone:

Gowon can continue to delude himself that Ojukwu died "A Nigerian". Hahahaha.

The Ojukwu we know is a die hard Biafran even in death.
Will Biafra emerge? Yes and Yes. If not now then later.

One thing I am sure of this; the jihardists will not stop in their chase of an "utopia of forceful Islamisation and implementation of the menace called Sharia".

Continue to deceive yourself

the same Ojuku who contested for NIGERIAN senate under the National Party of NIGERIA

Who contested for NIGERIAN presidency in 2003
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by anozieh: 10:07pm On Nov 28, 2011
How can anyone look at the present nigeria and still say that gowon won and ojukwu lost,thats nonesense,ojukwu saw the future and he chosed to fight for the freedom of posterity not his because he had everything he needed.if he had requested for money they would have given it to him.compare nigeria of today with malaysia,japan,iran,brazil just to mention a few countries that were actually looking up to us,do you know why nigeria was once called the giant of africa?that is because america thought that by now we would have developed,overseeing the affairs and protecting the interest of our sister countries in africa,the usa ought to be cosulting nigeria before venturing into any african country for whatever reason.but the so called north sold their soul to the british just to win the war and today we are still slaves to them,they dictate to our rulers,where was the first place sanusi went to after becoming the gov of central bank.london.the next day the news came out that certain banks are up for sale.who controls our crudeoil industry?shell.is shell not a british company?gowon is a loser and ojukwu is a hero.51 yrs after independent we cant give light to the nation,nigeria cannot manufacture a spoon on its own,is that a country to be proud of?we sell crudeoil and import fuel,rubish
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by mechris: 3:19am On Nov 29, 2011
COLD TRUTH IS ; NIGERIA WILL INNEVITABLY SPLIT IN NOW OR IN THE NEAR FUTURE! CHIKENA, AMERICANS ALREADY SEEN IT.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by ektbear: 3:29am On Nov 29, 2011
Aigbofa:

" I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian"

Another way of saying; I won, he lost.

lmao grin
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:

Continue to deceive yourself

the same Ojuku who contested for NIGERIAN senate under the National Party of NIGERIA

Who contested for NIGERIAN presidency in 2003

You are acutally so narrow minded.

Bros, I can even contest for the Presidency of Nigeria: yet my passion is with Biafra. We are doing what we have to do for now.

I will love to see my children live in country where they will not be intimidated and cheated just because of where they come from. We all know thta this current setup is cat and mouse. It wont last forever.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Dede1(m): 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2011
Of course, Gowon should be happy Ojukwu died a Nigerian. It was a case of winning the battle because One-Nigeria Gowon envisaged never materialized as evidenced in the perpetual massacre of innocent citizens at Gowon’s neck of the wood.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by Dede1(m): 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2011
humblebee:

im so disappointed in this man, sounds mentally derailed, how can he say Ojukwu believed so much in the unity of the country

Gowon knew for fact that Ojukwu never wanted anything less than united Nigeria. From Ojukwu’s adamant insistence that Ogundipe, a Yoruba, should be next C-in-C after disappearance of Ironsi to Ojukwu’s dogged defense of Aburi accord enlisted Ojukwu as a staunch believer in unity of Nigeria. However, the dunces who eat the unimaginable craps published on the pages of newspapers and Internet will never know better.
Re: I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon by HighChief4(m): 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2011
Dede1:

Gowon knew for fact that Ojukwu never wanted anything less than united Nigeria. From Ojukwu’s adamant insistence that Ogundipe, a Yoruba, should be next C-in-C after disappearance of Ironsi to Ojukwu’s dogged defense of Aburi accord enlisted Ojukwu as a staunch believer in unity of Nigeria. However, the dunces who eat the unimaginable craps published on the pages of newspapers and Internet will never know better.

Honestly and those dafts really make me worry about the future of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DHQ Debunks Rumour That It Is Not Commissioning Females As Combat Officers. / Petrol Price May Hit ₦190 As Oil Nears $60 / IGP Asks Imo CP To Fish Out IPOB Members Behind Imo Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.