Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,742 members, 7,827,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari (10076 Views)

Planning A Protest? Save Your Fuel Because I Won’t Quit, Says Kachikwu / Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' / Obj To Quit Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by Beaf: 1:22am On Nov 28, 2011
[size=14pt]I won’t quit politics until. . .  –Buhari •Begins consultation on 2015 [/size]
Written by Hassan Ibahim, Kaduna Monday, 28 November 2011

A former military head of state and presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in the last general election, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has resinded his decision to contest for the position of the president of the country, saying that he won’t quit until sustainable democracy is entrenched.

Buhari declared that he would not quit active politics, while he charged his supporters to gird their loins for the 2015 general election.

He had announced he would be giving up presidential race after the April 2011 election at the final rally of his party in Abuja, a few days before the poll.

But his U-turn came to the fore in an address he delivered during an empowerment programme orga-nised by one of the representatives of the party in the Kaduna State House of Assembly, Honourable Muha-mmed Ali, in Kaduna.

“I won’t quit politics until good governance and sustainable democracy is entrenched in this country,” he said.

He added that “we should not be illusioned that demoracy dividends will ever come to us easily without making sacrifices and the time for proper change is 2015,” Buhari said.

The Katsina-born politician disclosed that he honoured the invitation of Honourable Ali, as part of his consultations with stakeholders on “the Nigeria Project,” while he promised to hold a world press conference on his future political plans as soon as the Supreme Court dispensed with the case before it, where he was challenging the declaration of President Goodluck Jonathan as the winner of the last presidential election.

He enjoined his supporters to shun acts of violence and brigandage, while calling on them to always get registered by the Independent National Election Commission (INEC) so as to vote and guard their votes during polls.

The chairman on the occasion, Captain Moha-mmed Joji (retd), tasked the 13 CPC lawmakers in the Kaduna State assembly to emulate Honourable Ali’s empowerment and skills acquisition programmes for about 550 people.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/31901-i-wont-quit-politics-until-buhari-begins-consultation-on-2015
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by Beaf: 1:24am On Nov 28, 2011
I laugh in kwashiorkor!
Poor red-eyed mullah. embarassed
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by hakanai(m): 2:19am On Nov 28, 2011
Beaf:

[size=14pt]I won’t quit politics until,  –Buhari •Begins consultation on 2015 [/size]
Written by Hassan Ibahim, Kaduna Monday, 28 November 2011

A former military head of state and presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in the last general election, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has resinded his decision to contest for the position of the president of the country, saying that he won’t quit until sustainable democracy is entrenched.

Buhari declared that he would not quit active politics, while he charged his supporters to gird their loins for the 2015 general election.

He had announced he would be giving up presidential race after the April 2011 election at the final rally of his party in Abuja, a few days before the poll.

But his U-turn came to the fore in an address he delivered during an empowerment programme orga-nised by one of the representatives of the party in the Kaduna State House of Assembly, Honourable Muha-mmed Ali, in Kaduna.

“I won’t quit politics until good governance and sustainable democracy is entrenched in this country,” he said.

He added that “we should not be illusioned that demoracy dividends will ever come to us easily without making sacrifices and the time for proper change is 2015,” Buhari said.

The Katsina-born politician disclosed that he honoured the invitation of Honourable Ali, as part of his consultations with stakeholders on “the Nigeria Project,” while he promised to hold a world press conference on his future political plans as soon as the Supreme Court dispensed with the case before it, where he was challenging the declaration of President Goodluck Jonathan as the winner of the last presidential election.

He enjoined his supporters to shun acts of violence and brigandage, while calling on them to always get registered by the Independent National Election Commission (INEC) so as to vote and guard their votes during polls.

The chairman on the occasion, Captain Moha-mmed Joji (retd), tasked the 13 CPC lawmakers in the Kaduna State assembly to emulate Honourable Ali’s empowerment and skills acquisition programmes for about 550 people.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/31901-i-wont-quit-politics-until-buhari-begins-consultation-on-2015

Please and where did he state that?That being active does not mean hold a political office in government.Simply he may do that by supporting and canvassing for a candidate in his party.But since you are beaf,as usual you have jump the gun!!!!Remembering how people like you read his speech up side down.From the rally it is obvious he is trying to ensure the loyalty of his supports.Since the elections CPC is not in order.So it marks a point he is asking for there settings towards 2015!!!!
How far sha? when is GEJ finally arresting him over Boko haram and post-election violence?We are waiting most especially after your analysis and fingering of so many culprits.Non is still asked or proven undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by Beaf: 4:20am On Nov 28, 2011
haka_nai:

Please and where did he state that?That being active does not mean hold a political office in government.Simply he may do that by supporting and canvassing for a candidate in his party.But since you are beaf,as usual you have jump the gun!!!!Remembering how people like you read his speech up side down.From the rally it is obvious he is trying to ensure the loyalty of his supports.Since the elections CPC is not in order.So it marks a point he is asking for there settings towards 2015!!!!
How far sha? when is GEJ finally arresting him over Boko haram and post-election violence?We are waiting most especially after your analysis and manipulation of so many culprits.Non is still asked or proven undecided undecided undecided undecided

Where does it say Beaf wrote the newspaper article? What is wrong with some of you?
I laugh in beriberi!
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by danjohn: 4:43am On Nov 28, 2011
Beaf leave Buhari alone. Btw I am happy that I can tell all my family and friends who voted for GEJ "I told you so." The man is incompetent, spineless, and clueless. I am sure it is getting harder everyday for you to continue to defend him. I sincerely hope you are enjoying the "Fresh Fart" you voted for.
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by Beaf: 5:04am On Nov 28, 2011
danjohn:

Beaf leave Buhari alone. Btw I am happy that I can tell all my family and friends who voted for GEJ "I told you so." The man is incompetent, spineless, and clueless. I am sure it is getting harder everyday for you to continue to defend him. I sincerely hope you are enjoying the "Fresh Fart" you voted for.

Lol! Take up jesting for a living.
When Buhari is long gone, some of you will vote for his "born to rule" bones. A man who served under Abacha and claims that Abacha never stole a farthing, even though he used our money to acquire a refinery in Sierra Leone so that we would import fuel from him, while running down our refineries at home and setting up PTF to reward friends with contracts.

As chairman of PTF, he made his own cousin the sole consultant for monitoring and assessing the value of contracts. Afriproject consortium was so corrupt that at the inception of Abdulsalami's regime, fearful of exposure, Buhari's cousin committed suicide in his office. When the books of PTF were opened, the can of worms was so much that Haruna Adamu said he felt sickened by it. One body determined the contracts to be awarded, the payments to be made and whether the contracts had been satisfied. Do you know PTF estate in Wuse? The sweetheart deal that Buhari's PTF made with the contractor was so sweet. Not only would the contractor collect rent from PTF, but after 8 years, the place would be his to own! Also, it is on record that though most of the monies which accrued to PTF was sourced from the south, a disproportionately large amount of projects were concentrated in the north, and particularly in Buhari's home state of Katsina, with little done in the east and Niger Delta which needed help more than ever! Is Buhari a statesman?

Keep crying crocodile tears for the destroyers of the nation. Even Buhari's coup was to cover up fraud in the petroleum sector, that was why he boldly announced that he was ready to resign barely 3 months into power, leaving his surbodinates in shock. He was fine with resigning though, because his men had destroyed all the evidence. Mission accomplished.
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by Beaf: 6:48am On Nov 28, 2011

No handbrake! grin
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by Demdem(m): 8:10am On Nov 28, 2011
To be honest, a Half dead Buhari in Aso Rock will definately be better than an hyperactive Retardeen. i'll wait till 2015 to make my decision. He is a Nigerian and has every right to vie for any elective sit.
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by Beaf: 8:17am On Nov 28, 2011
Demdem:

To be honest, a Half dead Buhari in Aso Rock will definately be better than an hyperactive Retardeen. i'll wait till 2015 to make my decision. He is a Nigerian and has every right to vie for any elective sit.

Lol! CPC can't even pay its rent and has received a quit notice for its Abuja headquarters; they are getting kicked out in December. A whole political party that wishes to be taken seriously!
Those are Buhari's 'sterling leadership' qualities on display for you, a man who is not capable of even gathering stones.

Laf go soon broke my waist! grin grin grin
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by kokoA(m): 8:19am On Nov 28, 2011
Demdem:

Seconded!
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by Demdem(m): 8:24am On Nov 28, 2011
Beaf:

Lol! CPC can't even pay its rent and has received a quit notice for its Abuja headquarters; they are getting kicked out in December. A whole political party that wishes to be taken seriously!
Those are Buhari's 'sterling leadership' qualities on display for you, a man who is not capable of even gathering stones.

Laf go soon broke my waist! grin grin grin

na today landlord dey give quit notice undecided that is simply a structure for crying out loud. they leave the place and move to another location. it doesnt in anyway dilimits his leadership qualities in anyway.
anyway, this doesnt in anyway have any correlation in my initial opinion.

Demdem:

Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by Beaf: 8:27am On Nov 28, 2011
Demdem:

na today landlord dey give quit notice undecided that is simply a structure for crying out loud. they leave the place and move to another location. it doesnt in anyway dilimits his leadership qualities in anyway.
anyway, this doesnt in anyway have any correlation in my initial opinion.

It says a lot about shabby leadership when a political party cannot pay its rent. Such a party does not even deserve to exist.
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by Demdem(m): 8:35am On Nov 28, 2011
Beaf:

It says a lot about shabby leadership when a political party cannot pay its rent. Such a party does not even deserve to exist.

if u intend moving to another location by the end of this year will you still pay your landlord for another year? PDP could afford to do so because they have direct unquestionable access to our collective wealth. CPC doesnt.
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by moderatorr: 9:59am On Nov 28, 2011
Demdem:

if u intend moving to another location by the end of this year will you still pay your landlord for another year? PDP could afford to do so because they have direct unquestionable access to our collective wealth. CPC doesnt.

seconded!
He intends moving his political ruins into chad, since he lost kastina to PDP.
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by Demdem(m): 10:13am On Nov 28, 2011
[s]
moderatorr:

seconded!
He intends moving his political ruins into chad, since he lost kastina to PDP.
[/s]

Out of point.
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 28, 2011
Beaf:

Structures ain't permanent, PDP was bounced from a property along Oba Adesida road in ondo state, So wot d "F", BUHARI I SUPPORT Buhari i die with smiley. Good governance would come our way sooner or later
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by highland(m): 10:18am On Nov 28, 2011
Buhari cannot hold up to is word to quit.
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by kunlekunle: 10:21am On Nov 28, 2011
Politics ought to be the part-time profession of every citizen who would protect the rights
and privileges of free people and who would preserve what is good and fruitful in our
national heritage.
– Dwight D. Eisenhower

that's the spirit of someone who loves his country
served the nation all his life, his full time profession
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 28, 2011
Beaf:

Where does it say Beaf wrote the newspaper article? What is wrong with some of you?
I laugh in beriberi!

Funny, you post a thread you endorse and then distance yourself from the writer. Wonders shall never cease
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by escobar07(m): 10:26am On Nov 28, 2011
i think that's like say i will contest again. Anyway he is still my man.
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by jmaine: 10:26am On Nov 28, 2011
musKeeto:

Funny, you post a thread you endorse and then distance yourself from the writer. Wonders shall never cease

And your point is . . .
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by freezy(m): 10:27am On Nov 28, 2011
The manner with which Nigeria is being run under Goodluck's government will make a dead man want to come back to life, contest, win and put some sanity into Nigeria.
Goodluck is a mistake. He had no business at Aso Rock if you ask me. We shall all make our decisions come 2015.
Until then. . .
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by TenKobo1: 10:39am On Nov 28, 2011
Now and always, Buhari remains my choice for the presidency untill someone else with a vision comes up.
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by juman(m): 10:44am On Nov 28, 2011
They are pushing him to run. Probabably just another trying.
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by akins56(m): 11:04am On Nov 28, 2011
If buhari would never quit politics until sustainable democracy is entrenched THEN HE WILL NEVER QUIT b'cos d our corrupt leaders would form a grand cabal against him.
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by omo9ja1(m): 11:19am On Nov 28, 2011
I agree with you Buhari we are waiting for when the time will chase out all Phi-de-phi looters smiley
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 28, 2011
danjohn:

Beaf leave Buhari alone.  Btw I am happy that I can tell all my family and friends who voted for GEJ "I told you so."  [b]The man is incompetent, spineless, and clueless.[/b]  I am sure it is getting harder everyday for you to continue to defend him.  I sincerely hope you are enjoying the "Fresh Fart" you voted for.

Yah, the man is spineless and yet he made a mice meal of Atiku, wiped IBB silly, turned Buhari to a cry baby and ran Ibori out of town!
Yah, the man is incompetent and yet we had the most credible election under his watch, yet Nigeria is now generating 4,242.7MW of electricity which is the highest this nation has ever generated, our economy grew by 7.72% in the second quarter,
Yah, the man is clueless and yet power sector like the telecom will soon be run by competent private companies competing for our patronage, ND is peaceful now, kidnapping is now for folktales in the east and hundreds of BH foot soldiers, linkmen and sponsors are cooling their heels behind bars. The man could be called names but he is still THE MAN
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by moderatorr: 11:36am On Nov 28, 2011
FG pass the bill jare!
'No past military president should contest for any political post'.
then we can concentrate on younger and smart presidents.
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by moderatorr: 11:41am On Nov 28, 2011
'non of the people of the old will rule nigeria again - buhari, obasanjo , atiku' - prophesy by Tunde Bakare 2007
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by Mesico2(m): 11:51am On Nov 28, 2011
All I care about is the man called Buhari have every right to contest for any post if he is so wishes.no amount of negative info about him from a negative Beaf that can stop him from doing so.
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by silibaba: 11:54am On Nov 28, 2011
OXFORD, you have said it all.

cheesy cheesy
Re: I Won’t Quit Politics Until Sustainable Democracy Is Entrenched - Buhari by brainpulse: 12:00pm On Nov 28, 2011
oxford:

Yah, the man is spineless and yet he made a mice meal of Atiku, wiped IBB silly, turned Buhari to a cry baby and ran Ibori out of town!
Yah, the man is incompetent and yet we had the most credible election under his watch, [b]yet Nigeria is now generating 4,242.7MW of electricity
which is the highest this nation has ever generated, our economy grew by[b] 7.72% in the second quarter,[/b]Yah, the man is clueless and yet power sector like the telecom will soon be run by competent private companies competing for our patronage, ND is peaceful now, kidnapping is now for folktales in the east and hundreds of BH foot soldiers, linkmen and sponsors are cooling their heels behind bars. The man could be called names but he is still THE MAN[/b]

I laugh in Gadaffi.

Bolded 1. Nigeria is generating 4,242.7MW of electricity for who? U.K, USA i dont understand, because power in my area and environs are worst.
2. Economic grew by 7.72% where? on paper or on PC. those are paper writings. How does that affect the tomato and pepper seller. Mtsweeee.

Conclution. The man is brainless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

$650m Abuja Medical City Planned By FG / INEC Suspend Ekiti By Election / Osinbajo To Nigerian Youths: You Can’t Make Changes Without Joining Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.